Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

After my pc had a child through Hiyoko club, I tried out MCS and it works, sort of

Here are my problems, when I use the trade option my game locks and I have to task manager to kill it. The child is too agressive attacking almost anyone in sight. I also gave her a weapon through the console but she uses her fists to fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After my pc had a child through Hiyoko club' date=' I tried out MCS and it works, sort of

Here are my problems, when I use the trade option my game locks and I have to task manager to kill it. The child is too agressive attacking almost anyone in sight. I also gave her a weapon through the console but she uses her fists to fight.

[/quote']

I have problems with Tomago/Hiyoko, but I'm not sure I'd blame MCS on them. My PC had a child fathered by Butter (one of the dogs in Lovers Immoral Sisters - don't ask...) My first "child" was a cute little puppy, born in the Bravil Chapel. I wanted to keep him! Everyone inside the chapel attacked it, and it died. I went apeshit and killed everyone in Bravil who wasn't essential. Do NOT hurt MAH DOG!!!

Reload save game...

No birth in Bravil, so I go to Chorral to sell my crap in my store. I spit out this insane, hairy, red-skinned, horned demon child (Butter is still the father) that goes on a rampage and wipes out everyone outside the Oak & Cloister. Wow, this is good. Then she killed me...

Reload... This time, I have a miscarraige. Bummer. I cut my losses and hope for better luck next time - and next time I'll make sure its a human daddy... For testing purposes, of course...

I haven't had a problem with other people's kids swarming me, though. With CM Partners, I'd warp to a new location and have 50 rugrats all looking up at me at about a distance of 32... crowding me... I could see nothing but kids... Unable to move... With MCS, I've seen one kid... briefly... trying to follow me after fast travel. And with MCS I can set the follow distance at 512 or 1024. Out of my face, you bitches!

With CM Partners I couldn't even search the ground for loot without idiot partners constantly walking in front me, 16 inches away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a question about the Companionship spell:

All my Companions I got with this spell got a bright green twirling spiral behind their back, after I had revived 2 dead NPCs that were killed by a in the course of a default Oblivion quest.

Pretty unnerving. Anybody knowing of a solution for this?

I got a question about the Companionship spell:

All my Companions I got with this spell got a bright green twirling spiral behind their back' date=' after I had revived 2 dead NPCs that were killed by a in the course of a default Oblivion quest.

Pretty unnerving. Anybody knowing of a solution for this?

[/quote']

Check the Configurations settings in the MCS Companion List book.

Configuration==> Companion Detect: Off

On will give you that green swirl effect.

Check the Configurations settings in the MCS Companion List book.

Configuration==> Companion Detect: Off

On will give you that green swirl effect.

I just did as you said. Swirl is gone. Thank You!

But here is the next question:

I just installed the katest updates, including HUD companion: Now, when I start the game I get a message: HUDCompanions: init@C and then there are some letters which probably are the result of this mod prbably originally being japanese?

I just did as you said. Swirl is gone. Thank You!

But here is the next question:

I just installed the katest updates' date=' including HUD companion: Now, when I start the game I get a message: HUDCompanions: init@C and then there are some letters which probably are the result of this mod prbably originally being japanese?

[/quote']

Do you have the Pluggy .dll installed?

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=23979

I use the 125c version.

Goes in Oblivion/data/obse/plugins

Also make sure you've renamed the .dll to enable hud use.

Originally OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll, rename to OBSE_Elys_Pluggy_Hud.dll

• 2 months later...

This mod does not work for me I cant find any new books /spells etc.Tried in early in load order in the middle and near the end ...still nothing.Any ideas for a good alternative to try?Just want something for my offspring to relax at home or in town.hmm ! did install oblivion script optimization maybe that might be a problem ?

i'll try this, but i'd like to know what "MCS" stands for...

could mean anything and i still dont get if i need MCS to get this running. :huh:

[edit]while just installign i read the title "Mad Companionship Spells" :D guess my brain is still toasted by the hot weather ;)

i'll try this' date=' but i'd like to know what "MCS" stands for...

could mean anything and i still dont get if i need MCS to get this running. :huh:

[edit']while just installign i read the title "Mad Companionship Spells" :D guess my brain is still toasted by the hot weather ;)

When you installed did it work?

i dont know if its MCS or anything else, which i added to my loadorder at the same time, but whenever a rape happens, my companions just kill the raper and i get stuck. my char's upperbody floats being stuck in the bodystance of a crucified person and i cant move - also i had to use console "tfc" to be able to switch back to first person view, where i can move around, but i constantly get switched to 3rd person view... the scripts from MCS may just interfere with the lovers mods...

i dont know if its MCS or anything else' date=' which i added to my loadorder at the same time, but whenever a rape happens, my companions just kill the raper and i get stuck. my char's upperbody floats being stuck in the bodystance of a crucified person and i cant move - also i had to use console "tfc" to be able to switch back to first person view, where i can move around, but i constantly get switched to 3rd person view... the scripts from MCS may just interfere with the lovers mods...

[/quote']

Nope, MCS does not do this so check what else you may have installed.

Also there is a lovers plugin call stop kill raper that can stop your companions from killing rapers.

If you can't figure it out just open a thread in the tech support area with your load order.

I sometime wonder if lovers Pk/Oblivion just has a mind of its own.Tried getting Mad companions to work in a variety of load orders to no avail.So in disgust I though ok tomorrow I shall uninstall Mad companions and try share and recruit.Ofc I forgot to uninstall it and guess what happens when i fire up my last save game the next day?Yups you guess it it decides today it will play nice and install.Just like that!

• 2 weeks later...

MCS is everything that CM wishes it could be. I highly recommend it.

Do they use new combat behaviors, or the one they're already using?

Will they go to a location you have to use a spell to teleport to if used as a home?

And how powerful is the special healing spell they use?

1. I can't tell you if they have new ai packages or not as I never bothered to check.

2. Not exactly sure what you are asking. You can tell them to stay anywhere you like and you can mark a spot and tell them to go to it.

3. I don't think there are any spells added. This plugin doesn't modify NPC's or even add them. It is just the "core" of a companion system. You can make anyone your companion, although it is not recommended to use any respawing NPC's (like bandits or such) as that can cause problems.

There are no new combat behaviours in MCS. The default 'Follow' package has 'Defensive Combat' set on, and they will go into a more 'alert' mode if enemies are nearer. However, they will use whatever combat behaviour setting they have been defined with.

As gregathit said, you can mark locations and tell them to teleport there. You can't mark a location as 'Home' like you can with Vilja, for example.

The healing spells they use on each other are identical in power to the vanilla 'Convalescence' spells. The higher their restoration skill, the more powerful the spell they will cast.

The healing spells they use on each other are identical in power to the vanilla 'Convalescence' spells. The higher their restoration skill' date=' the more powerful the spell they will cast.

[/quote']

Oh, so warriors and such with no restoration invested will heal you with crappy healing spells?

You know if NPCs would function fine without CM's partner script, but still have CM's AI packages and Combat Behaviors? Im rather too lazy to give them all new AI packages.

Im not sure if those depend on the Partner Script. Or does MCS give them AI packages automatically when you send them away?

The healing spells they use on each other are identical in power to the vanilla 'Convalescence' spells. The higher their restoration skill' date=' the more powerful the spell they will cast.

[/quote']

Oh, so warriors and such with no restoration invested will heal you with crappy healing spells?

You know if NPCs would function fine without CM's partner script, but still have CM's AI packages and Combat Behaviors? Im rather too lazy to give them all new AI packages.

Im not sure if those depend on the Partner Script. Or does MCS give them AI packages automatically when you send them away?

1. You can always use another mod to "teach" them spells you would rather they used.

2. Unless mod things the NPC will just use default scripts.

3. Again unless you mod things the NPC will just go where you sent them and wait for you.