Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

MSC should not break anything unless it is used on them.  Try removing the MSC extension and human touch.  One or both of them are more likely the culprit of impacting the AI of a surrounding NPC's.  Also, keep in mind, Oblivion has always been screwy about companions fighting or not fighting.  If you are going to use companions like Vilja, it is best to not have another system running.  You can use just the esm from talkie toaster's CSR (get rid of the two esp files) and that will allow you to customize any NPC's inventory that you have a high enough reputation with and it won't break or do anything else.

Also, check to see what you merged into your bashed patch.  

We can't really help much more without knowing what all you are trying to accomplish.

MCS Extension could potentially screw up another AI setup even if the system isn't active on a specific NPC. It's because MCS attempts to make your "party" active in a semi-cohesive way so they don't attack each other/get in each other's way. So the system will check to see if X NPC is in the PlayerFaction (Imperial Legion temp NPCs in vanilla come to mind) so your MCS companion won't try to kill the soldier if they accidentally hit them with an arrow or something. However, if it's screwing something up...it's screwing something up alongside another mod, more than likely. The other mod's screw-up just might not be readily apparent during gameplay. Also any bugs it might cause will usually be outweighed by all the stuff it prevents, imo.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the 1.16 Link.

The new version is fully translated, only the readme is japanese.

Spoiler

v1.16
・内部処理において、アクターに対してDisable→Enableが行われた際に
 NPCが所持しているLeveledListアイテムが増殖する不具合への対策を行いました
 本不具合の詳細および対策に関しましてご協力を頂いたniyaさんに心より感謝します
・Tradeを行う際、TES CSで所持数が-1に設定されているアイテムは
 リストアップされないように仕様を変更しました
・WeaponOutバグ判定は対象コンパニオンが非戦闘状態の場合にのみ行われるよう
 仕様を変更しました

-------------------

Google translation:

v1.16
・ In internal processing, when Disable → Enable is performed for the actor
We have taken measures against the problem of proliferation of LeveledList items possessed by NPC.
Thank you very much to niya for his help with the details and measures of this bug
-When performing Trade, the item whose possession number is set to -1 in TES CS is
Changed the specification to not be listed
-WeaponOut bug detection is performed only when the target companion is in non-fighting state
I changed the specification

There is no new MadCompanionshipSpells version,  the new MCS extension 1.16 was made for MadCompanionshipSpells_v2.5. (download in post 1 this thread)

EDIT: Maybe someone can update post 1 with the new version???  Or a Link to the new MCS extension version.

6 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

@movomo - Your post about MPC a few pages back got me curious. Do you know of any fully translated versions after 0.66? Or where I could find downloads for MPC companions?

I'm still using it, but I know of no English full translation, unfortunately (but that's because I don't need it, so there may be one).

It has some cool features like companions recularly getting some money income and 'buying' their supplies (repair hammer, soul gems, potions and ingredients etc.), or telling your bud to pick a lock or harvest nearby ingredients. But, that's about it. I personally would rather extend MCS than struggling to fix MPC.

At least the version I have (seems like 1.2.3) is ages old and the codes are written for very old obse version. The codes are arcane beyond redemption and incredibly redundant. I once modified some of it for more advanced functionalities but it was actually harder than LAPF to decipher. And that's saying something.

30 minutes ago, movomo said:

I'm still using it, but I know of no English full translation, unfortunately (but that's because I don't need it, so there may be one).

It has some cool features like companions recularly getting some money income and 'buying' their supplies (repair hammer, soul gems, potions and ingredients etc.), or telling your bud to pick a lock or harvest nearby ingredients. But, that's about it. I personally would rather extend MCS than struggling to fix MPC.

At least the version I have (seems like 1.2.3) is ages old and the codes are written for very old obse version. The codes are arcane beyond redemption and incredibly redundant. I once modified some of it for more advanced functionalities but it was actually harder than LAPF to decipher. And that's saying something.

I see.

Guess i'll be better off removing scripts from CMs. Or trying my luck with CSR.

MCS extension 1.6 is not fully translated. First I thought it is only the game start initialize message but there are more untranslated message boxes.

Here the esp with all scripts translated ( I copied the translations from the old 1.5 version )

DOWNLOAD my post below from September 21, 2021

!Only the esp without readme and bsa!

If you want to do it yourself here the scripts with untranslated message boxes.

Spoiler

MCSexEvacuateActor [SCPT:02017F7C]      one message box

MCSexJailError [SCPT:02026793]                one message box

MCSexLPSettingScript [SCPT:020060C4]      one message box

MCSexOblivionCellExecute [SCPT:0201D169]     one message box

MCSexQInitialize [SCPT:0201D168]                two message boxes

MCSexRebootInitialize [SCPT:02029086]        one message box

Edited by fejeena
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, gregathit said:

It freezes it how?  When you select the MCS esp file?

I select it when I create an archive and it just completely freezes, I select the one named MCS. The one called MadCompanionshipSpells_v2.5_MCSExtension_v1.15 works fine when loaded with human touch and hud comapnion but it doesn't appear to let me do anything when loaded. Does it need to be extracted to data? cause I can't find installation instructions.

• 1 month later...

Have you read the line below the esp?

You need the original or the old 1.15 version from post1 ( in BSA nothing new or changed )

Here the full version of  MCS extension 1.16 

Translated, with BSA and readme

DOWNLOAD my post below from September 21, 2021

Of course you need MadCompanionshipSpells_v2.5  from post 1  ,  MCS extension is a addon.

Edited by fejeena
17 hours ago, fejeena said:

Have you read the line below the esp?

You need the original or the old 1.15 version from post1 ( in BSA nothing new or changed )

Here the full version of  MCS extension 1.16 

Translated, with BSA and readme

MCS extension_v1.16 47.17 kB · 1 download

Of course you need MadCompanionshipSpells_v2.5  from post 1  ,  MCS extension is a addon.

does the new one solve the bug where they unequip their equipment when not in combat and unequip armor?

No Bug

The AI packs are set "Armor unequipped"

The AI packs they have are set

Follow: Armor unequipped, Weapons unequipped

Wait:  -

Relax: Armor unequipped, Weapons unequipped

Eat: Armor unequipped, Weapons unequipped

Sleep: Armor unequipped, Weapons unequipped

Read: Armor unequipped, Weapons unequipped

If you tell your companion to follow, he will follow with Armor and Weapons unequipped.  If a fight starts  he will use the vanilla fight AI pack and equip armor and weapon. After the fight he unequip Armor and Weapons again.

Only the wait AI pack is like a "guard this place" and they wear armor and weapon.

If you want to change it load the esp in CS or better TES4Edit, go to the AI Packages and uncheck the "Armor unequipped" flag.  Less than 2 minutes of work, and most of the two minutes you need to load the ESP.

I like it the way it is, because in most cases is clothing sexier than armor.

SHIT

You do not have to change the esp !!

Use the settings

In game you cast the spell "MCS extension" on the NPC and you get a menu .

There you can set " Auto (clothes or armor) "   to  "Always Armor " .  Then the NPC will always wear armor

it only affects the follow pack. If the NPC relax , eat, sleep he will unequip the armor.

But when he follows you he will always wear armor and weapon.

• 7 months later...

I have no idea what is going on with my mod manager. I downloaded and installed the file, and I'm not sure if it's because it's a 2 in 1 mod, but MCS extensions is the only thing installing. The Mad Companionship Spells is not being detected and being labeled as a missing master. I've reinstalled it several times but the mod manager refuses to detect it. What am I doing wrong?

Which versions do you have installed?

Have you tried to install the 7z from post 1 without unpacking ?  (It is possible to install from a zip, 7z, ... )  That will not work ! The file have a password (loverslab) ! You must unpack it first.

Here all in one.   You don't have to download anything in post 1 !

MCS and extension 1.16:   MadCompanionshipSpells.esp, MCS extension.esp  and MCS extension.bsa.  And addon HumanTouchNPC

Mad Companionship Spells v2.5 extention v1.16.7z

You have to unpack it ! The esp and bsa are in a subfolder with name "install"

And the addon is in the folder "addon HumantouchNPC 2.3a"

With MadCompanionshipSpells and MCS extension you have a full companion mod. I don't like/need HumanTouchNPC and don't use it.

Edited by fejeena