Aranae - Spider Elves

Yeah well... if you were asking for a real bug race then thats a lot harder cause it would require changing the skeleton and animations, and using auto-equipped "armor" to not use the body meshes you have in Data/meshes//Characters/_male folder (see "Xenomorph Race" and "Playable Creature and NPC" at Nexus...) but thats more complicated.

As i explained i the readme, this is the result of a little group of spider daedra mods i made...

Ive seen other mods with legs in the back but it didnt look right to me so... 

I hope you like it, i did the best i could with the tools i had

What would really make me happy is to see some image of a character from this race, so i pray one day i see one and then could feel proud...

Also sorry for the hairs, but i didnt want to get into trouble, anyway adding hairs is easy, and i trust most people that get here know a thing or two about modding so its not too much trouble, also i gave instructions on adding some, just in case

Im considering to add a modified esp using MBP resources so that could add more hairstyles if anyone is interested

• 6 months later...

If the race is lacking hairstyles, it might well be that you haven't got this resource collection installed? Or the files are present but in a different folder.

Seems the Ren beauty pack has has a different folder path than MBP, meshes and textures are stored in their respective folders 'Characters\Hair\Ren'. (MBP's folder structure is the other way around).

Check if the hair files are present indeed, put (a copy of) them into such a folder if they are missing.

I'm sorry, I should've fixed this "years" ago but on the overwhelming amount of ongoing projects I have, I have not had any time to fix this

Poontank is part right, the esp NEEDS Ren's hair

HOWEVER... I uploaded a second version some time ago and I forgot to re-arrange the hairs to actually use Ren's Hair pack, so instead they're using the path I gave Ren's Hair in my own cosmetic collection.

In detail:

Ren's hair pack used path: Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Ren/Hair

My personal compilation uses Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Hair/Ren

Same goes for Textures folder

So it's just a matter of wrong path

The first version I uploaded was fine, but then the second was wrong... I dunno why I forgot... I'm really sorry

But fixing it is simple... just re-arranging the path and moving textures and meshes to the esp required location (similar to my own compilation)

On the other side I dont even recommend using Ren's hair at all as these were the best in the old days but now there are much better options IMHO

I'm pretty sure also when I uploaded this, I did so with a tutorial on HOW TO ADD HAIRS yourself

The reason of this is because Ren's hair is limited... I didn't want to overheat my head thinking on what hair to add, when here on LL people has access to hundreds of hairs, and I figured It would be easier to add the hairs they like themselves.

MBP already has tons of hairs and with limited knowledge on adding hair on the CS and the instructions in the tutorial I included I thought people were probably better off adding their own hair.

My personal recommendations as these are the hairs I like the most are SKS, SKS New, both come with MBP I think and FumoFumo Reworked Hair Pack wich is a bit more rare but entirely worth it.

Still hope when I have the time I'll upload a fix, but my recommendation: ADD YOUR OWN HAIR... you have free will, can choose whatever you like and It doesn't take much... unless you're adding hair packs... that takes more time in creating each individual hair but it's still easy

It's true, I must correct myself:

I forgot about MBP's hair mesh folder structure with its directory named 'BP2ch'. That one contains the 'Ren' hair folder in question.

Hopefully you don't mind me posting these fixed esps! They are patches for Ren's Beauty Pack and MBP with the hairs reassigned to their respective folders. Sure, I agree on other hairstyles being prettier and can only encourage people to add better hairs to the race themselves. These fixed esps are to be considered 'starting packs' to at least enjoy this race with the basic Ren hairstyles. Getting rid of the baldness for good.

Wish it was that easy for my very own head :dodgy:...

As an additional extra I have added two more Ren hairs which I'm not sure if they are included in both RBP and MBP, Ren hairs 21 and 22. They were not assigned in the 'Aranae' esp(s) after all, that's what makes me think they aren't part of these hair resources. I got them from the 'Strangers' race.

21 on the left side, 22 on the right. Both female and male versions.

Ren21And22.jpg

Ren21And22Male.jpg

Choose which version to download and install - either the original (non-MBP) which is using the Ren's Beauty Pack resources. Or as an MBP user you would have to install the MBP patch due to the meshes' different file path. The 'Strangers' hairs are included in both archives. The esps are outside the archives' 'Data' folders so you can consciously select which version (winged/wingless) of the race you want to install and use.

Aranae-RensBeautyPackPatch.rar

Aranae-MBPPatch.rar

On a side note:

I've got just the right outfit for an 'Aranae' girl! A sweet nothing I cobbled together some time ago without the right character to wear it so far.

Now I finally tried this race and found a use for that thing (NUDITY despite the non-adult mods section :s):

HeidiGloom01.jpg

Truly a FLY outfit without being made by Yuravica.

Maybe I should add those Wolfzq back legs. I'd better use the wingless race for that.

HeidiGloom02.jpg

Custom eyes for the race to match the ones on the 'outfit'.

Ahhh seems my ass was saved again XD

Thks a lot for uploading a fix

I didn't put Ren Strangers hairs because I treated those like a separate pack different from the original Ren Beauty Pack. I have them somewhere else on my compilation.

It matters very little now if there's a way of using those MBP resources. I personally don't even have MBP because I prefer my own compilation... the good news is maybe I could release it someday (The real version of the race I have according to my setting) if all goes well with the neck seam project

BTW Very nice use there int hat shot!  :)

I was considering doing a special outfit with baneling theme... based on this concept:

baneling-cosplay-chica-sexy.jpg

And probably Elytra green retextures...

Ah, I'm glad this is working (though I've tested all four esps beforehand) and ElAlquimista is OK with me recklessly patching his race.

Thank you very much, Itgun! When trying out the race I immediately fell in love with this testing character: A combination of a bratty 'spider-ish' attitude with that cute petite TGND body and funny outfit.

In general insectoid costumes are a great concept. You should eventually follow through with making one, ElAlquimista!

One such outfit (and character) I always loved in particular is this:

Mindy_3.jpg

'Rug' aka 'Mindy' from FFX. Sticking out her cute bee/wasp-abdomen-butt.

An armor based on Elytra would be awesome and needs no truly new model work but just tweaked existing original SI parts.

Looks like a cool race. I have seen a spider type armor on the nexus Spiderdeadra armor and Xivilai armor by FLY http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42334/? The Xivilai armor is the collar and skirt the Spiderdeadra armor part is naturally the spider part the cool thing about the spider part is that you can wear it with other armor pieces like bikini's and other things without it being removed. So maybe it will give you some ideas as well.

I already went down that road

This is what happened when using spider daedra to create armor...

Have a pic:

43351-1-1361893930.jpg

Now I had another epiphany...

How about adding a spell that lets you summon small spiders to your aid?

I already know some spiders...

I also thought about something dirty...

As some people must have read I almost never use Lovers mods... but extrapolating ideas a possibility appeared

The idea was to have some kind of "femme fatale" a Lovers mod that in conjunction with this allows for a special kind of sex... one where the spider girl impregnates her partner with these little spiders that may or may not kill him/her when being born... call it "lay eggs". The egg putting would have to be intentionally of course to avoid damaging someone you might care about... and hopefully an option during rape... call it a cold dark nasty vengeance on any rapist  :D just what they all deserve...

Just a thought that I can't do right now...

There use to be a mod that had egg laying you got infected and a parasite attached itself to the player eventually it impregnated the player the players belly grew and and stretched in different ways to show that something was inside kicking around eventually you fell down and laid the egg or more appropriately you shot that sucker out like a cannon if the egg was a real cannon ball you could of bowled a whole platoon of daedra over with one egg. Incomming!!! It also has a chance to kill the player during birthing and sometimes the parasite detached from the player after birthing sometimes it stayed attached for longer.

looks like a pretty good daedra armor. Also great work on the tails fejeena they look great.

MONSTERGIRL - The Swarm (beta) and Cured Armor have egg laying and belly grow. In MONSTERGIRL - The Swarm (beta) are Body meshes with moving belly (something lives inside ;)  ) only the tits of the Body are too small (A Cup).

And the meshes in my Pictures are only copy nif parts from wolfzq meshes in the Spider armor nif (with NifSkope) and  little texture placement correction. Texture is vanilla SpiderDaedra.

My part, only a little time.

I was getting worried that there might be a mod of my mod hosted somewhere and nobody told me...

I care very little about whining about author's rights and not letting anyone modify my work...

What I do care about is not being told such thing is being done... I like to keep track of things and possibly download if I like.. I always ask for that

As for the Monstergirl and Cursed Armor stuff... I did my research, but that's not exactly the point

In those mods is the girl who gets impregnated, she's the one who got damaged by some nasty entity.

I'm talking about a deadly creature here not a girl who got fucked. Reverse pregnancy and a very creepy one

The idea meant the the girl is the one who impregnates others with eggs

Like some creatures that lay eggs on other creatures and then the offspring is born using the impregnated creature as food

I other words if you're a random NPC in an Oblivion with lovers and some rape mod installed, and you decide you want to rape an Aranae girl... you better think twice pal

Or for the other matter being a spider could get you creepy ways of fighting your enemies, let's say she decides to go around some dungeon, finds a victim and starts having sex with him/her, victim gets impregnated, hatchlings are born almost immediately and the army of spiderlings begins to grow, overwhelming all enemy resistance as every new enemy or corpse can be a new breeding possibility until they're all crawling with little spiders and the queen stands victorious in her new lair...

But first the first: spider summon spell

• 3 weeks later...

Thks I guess..

Someone complained about a credit thingy...

I put a new updated version for it...

I also seized the moment to fix the wrong hair path issue so it should be working now with the original download...

No patch needed this time... but you probably still like the MBP patch better than the original files

BTW

To this version... don't get too attached to it. Changes coming

New power: "Summon Spiderling" with special arachnid minion and a bit of change to textures using newly created neckseam fix files by Junkacc

Hmm... anybody knows what's the best way of putting a custom summon spell?

I tried in the CS the creature exists, I have a few tiny editions to make... give it its own abilities, drops etc...

I'm using Lore Creature Expansion as resource since it comes with a tutorial on how to add those creatures to your mod...

So far it has worked, but that mod add new creatures as enemies... The thing I'm trying to make is to have a friendly summoned creature

So all that's left is the summon spell

Summon spells act on the "magic effects" tab but turns out you can't create a new magic effect... you can replace an existing one but I don't want that

Any ideas on summoning custom creatures? perhaps a mod to look at... a tutorial... an easier way.. a tip... something please?