Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Devious Mimic Clothing SE

View File

There are rumors around Skyrim: the devious curse, loot was inflicted with, has altered itself. No adventurer will be safe anymore!

The twisted new effect of this mad magic affects now every single piece of clothing. They may be devious mimics now, transforming itself into restrictive items as soon as an unwary person tries to wear them. Some say, this even may happen while trying to unequip those mimics or even randomly while being worn, giving only false safety anymore to every armored adventurer out there ...

 

Link to Legendary Edition

 

What this mod does

This mod is intended as an extension to the popular mod Deviously Cursed Loot by Kimy.

It tries to randomly transform worn pieces of armor into Devious Devices, giving only safety in nudity.

 

New savegame required!

As of v2.0 a new savegame is required! I don't know, if a clean save attempt will work, I won't support it, though

 

Requirements

 

Optional

  • DD For Him - included in DD 5.0, if installed it will allow mimics for male characters
  • AS-LAL - if installed, mimics work only after start quest is finished
  • ZAP - checks for ZAP device keyword, should work with all versions

 

 

Features

  • Armor can transform into a random Devious Device on three events: when equipping, while trying to unequip or randomly for a worn item.
  • Gold can tranform into golden items or binds your hands if you're unlucky

  • Device choice based on body region
  • Device filter, based on type
  • Various chances for different trigger events
  • Arousal may impact chances
  • Already worn or enchanted armor is recognized
  • MCM to personalize the settings

 

How to help

When you come across any problems (you probably will), it could help if you can attach a Papyus log to your message. To get one, search for the following lines in your Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging = 1
bEnableTrace = 1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

If they are set to zero, change them to one. You'll then find the logs in [User]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script

Attach the file Papyrus.0.log to your report, it maybe can give hints.

 

What doesn't work

  • Doesn't take any treatment of items (smithing) into account for chances
  • Won't affect followers unless triggered by third party event

  • Probably still has bugs I'm unaware of

 

For modders

I've added an event hook for you to trigger mimics and do stuff based on the outcome. As it's event driven, you won't even need to add my mod as requirement!

You can find the details in the source code file dmcTriggerEvents.psc together with an example how to set it up.

 

 

Credits

@Kimy - for patiently answering the questions of a bloody modding noob

@Laura 'Lokomootje' - for giving me additional tips how to dive into this rabbit hole called Creation Kit

@JimmyJimJim - for letting me use his idea as well as the mod Devious Magic as boilerplate

@davisev5225 - for his mod City Bondage that offered me some more code snippets


  • Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/18/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, SL Framework, SL Aroused, DDa, DDi, DDx
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, thvedis said:

Will there be a LE port of this mod?

If there is a way of easily backporting a mod, then maybe when it seems to be finished out of beta, but at the moment I'm purely learning to mod with SE.

Link to post

From what I can tell, most of the time what prevents to use a mod on both versions are the animations (since they don't rely on the same file formats), but mods that mostly rely on scripting behaviors are usually okay "right out of the box". So I'll probably give that a spin on my oldrim, just to see if it looks like it can run "out of the box"

 

Edit : I apparently spoke too fast => this mod relies on an unofficial SE patch so maybe the mod in itself could work on its own, but the dependency probably makes some conversion mandatory (to swap around required masters)

Link to post
2 hours ago, Inawen_ll said:

From what I can tell, most of the time what prevents to use a mod on both versions are the animations (since they don't rely on the same file formats), but mods that mostly rely on scripting behaviors are usually okay "right out of the box". So I'll probably give that a spin on my oldrim, just to see if it looks like it can run "out of the box"

 

Edit : I apparently spoke too fast => this mod relies on an unofficial SE patch so maybe the mod in itself could work on its own, but the dependency probably makes some conversion mandatory (to swap around required masters)

I've just uploaded a little update where I cleaned out the masters, maybe it works now in Oldrim, too. Wanna try again?

 

2 hours ago, gdfll said:

Remembers me of this mod:

Did something similar and other stuff, unfortunately development  seems stopped..

Yep, tbh this mod gave me the idea for my own 😅 Though as you say, Devious Magic doesn't get updates anymore so I've created this mod 

 

1 hour ago, BillBellochek said:

I love this mod! I'm a big fan of the mods that help "promote" nudity and keep me switching armors. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, I hope you'll have fun!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I've just uploaded a little update where I cleaned out the masters, maybe it works now in Oldrim, too. Wanna try again?

I've given it a go.

 

Mod installs fine and runs (I get the MCM and all)

 

I started messing around a bit and put the %age on equip to 100 to see what would happen

* it seems that whatever I do, the best I can get is get a harness equipped on myself

* the piece of equipment that was substituted by a harness is destroyed (which I guess is the purpose)

* I can trigger the event multiple times, but the only thing I get is the harness (all equipment I try gets destroyed even if harness was already equipped by the mod), maybe I'm just unlucky, but i'd've hoped to either get extra DDs or not have my equipment destroyed ^^'

* looks like the boots I tested didn't trigger anything

 

I haven't tried the random transformation for the moment

 

Hope that helps ;)

Link to post

If I were to suggest "categories" for equipment replacement, it would be something along these lines:

  • Armor/Clothing --> Harness, dress, etc.
  • Gloves --> Arm cuffs
  • Rings --> Wrist bindings
  • Necklace/Amulet --> Collar
  • Helmet/Circlet --> Gag
  • Boots/Shoes --> Umm... boots

Primarily, that just leaves leg cuffs without a corresponding piece of clothing.  I don't think I'm missing anything from the default clothing/accessories, so I'm not sure what you'd assign to leg cuffs unless maybe you just paired them up with the arm cuffs?

 

Also, feel free to reference my mod below for scripting ideas, particularly in random equipment selection, safety checks, and coding an MCM.  It's an LE mod, but the scripting doesn't really change (except maybe the MCM? dunno...).

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yep, tbh this mod gave me the idea for my own 😅 Though as you say, Devious Magic doesn't get updates anymore so I've created this mod 

It would be great if this mod adds the additional potions/spells from Devious Magic and then continues to expand. Would be great addition to SSE mods. Thanks for making the mimic clothing available!

Link to post
15 hours ago, Inawen_ll said:

I've given it a go.

 

Mod installs fine and runs (I get the MCM and all)

 

I started messing around a bit and put the %age on equip to 100 to see what would happen

* it seems that whatever I do, the best I can get is get a harness equipped on myself

* the piece of equipment that was substituted by a harness is destroyed (which I guess is the purpose)

* I can trigger the event multiple times, but the only thing I get is the harness (all equipment I try gets destroyed even if harness was already equipped by the mod), maybe I'm just unlucky, but i'd've hoped to either get extra DDs or not have my equipment destroyed ^^'

* looks like the boots I tested didn't trigger anything

 

I haven't tried the random transformation for the moment

 

Hope that helps ;)

Yeah, it seems I forgot to mention that the harness is hard coded for now, so you did nothing wrong 😅I didn't really get how the DD framework would choose random stuff / which keywords to use for random stuff.

 

As for the destruction of the armor piece: yes, that's intended as it should feel like it was never an armor but a disguised Devious Device. I can try to add a toggle for that to the MCM, though ;) 

 

And which boots did you try? I filter with the Armor formtype, which ironically includes anything that the player can wear, so even jewellry could technically trigger a mimic. Later on, I'll try to add the option to in-/exclude specific equipment types.

Or did you have Arousal impact? This can lower the chance, too.

 

12 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

If I were to suggest "categories" for equipment replacement, it would be something along these lines:

  • Armor/Clothing --> Harness, dress, etc.
  • Gloves --> Arm cuffs
  • Rings --> Wrist bindings
  • Necklace/Amulet --> Collar
  • Helmet/Circlet --> Gag
  • Boots/Shoes --> Umm... boots

Primarily, that just leaves leg cuffs without a corresponding piece of clothing.  I don't think I'm missing anything from the default clothing/accessories, so I'm not sure what you'd assign to leg cuffs unless maybe you just paired them up with the arm cuffs?

 

Also, feel free to reference my mod below for scripting ideas, particularly in random equipment selection, safety checks, and coding an MCM.  It's an LE mod, but the scripting doesn't really change (except maybe the MCM? dunno...).

 

I'll definitely take a look at your methods, thanks! And yes, the next big thing I'll try is to get "fitting" DD stuff for specific body regions, I just need to get used to the slot masks in CK/Papyrus :D 

Link to post
15 hours ago, beerman778 said:

Could you make separate sliders for the chance of morphing into DD on the first equip and all following ones?

You mean, when (un-)equipping the same piece several times, right? That is an idea I have, but I'm not sure how to get it done, as it seems to be VERY hard to keep track of one specific item in Papyrus if it isn't persistent (which normal armor isn't)

Link to post
Just now, Mister X said:

You mean, when (un-)equipping the same piece several times, right? That is an idea I have, but I'm not sure how to get it done, as it seems to be VERY hard to keep track of one specific item in Papyrus if it isn't persistent (which normal armor isn't)

Yes exactly. As far as I remember Devious Magic does it as well. Some maybe there is some smart approach to this in their code base. Maybe it's enough to add a keyword to the armor piece after equipping it the first time? Adding a keyword requires a custom plugin, but for example "powerofthree's Papyrus Extender for SSE" offers this function. But there is probably a smarter approach :D

Link to post
10 hours ago, Mister X said:

As for the destruction of the armor piece: yes, that's intended as it should feel like it was never an armor but a disguised Devious Device. I can try to add a toggle for that to the MCM, though ;) 

 

And which boots did you try? I filter with the Armor formtype, which ironically includes anything that the player can wear, so even jewellry could technically trigger a mimic. Later on, I'll try to add the option to in-/exclude specific equipment types.

Or did you have Arousal impact? This can lower the chance, too.

I'm not surprised about the destruction of the item, more so of the fact that some items are destroyed w/o any change happening 😃

 

I tried the nightingale boots a few times, and it didn't seem to trigger anything (no unequip / equip sound)

Link to post

I like these kind of mods, i've got some questions though:

-Are mimic clothes "specified" from the moment they spawn/you use them? Or could i theoretically trigger any worn equipment to be a mimic by equip/unequp 100 times?

-Does the devious device correspond to the equipped item? Glove = cuff, hood = gag. And so on?

-Do stats and enchantsments transfer from original item to new devious device.

 

I'll probably try it out.

Link to post
14 minutes ago, PegadaSans said:

I like these kind of mods, i've got some questions though:

-Are mimic clothes "specified" from the moment they spawn/you use them? Or could i theoretically trigger any worn equipment to be a mimic by equip/unequp 100 times?

-Does the devious device correspond to the equipped item? Glove = cuff, hood = gag. And so on?

-Do stats and enchantsments transfer from original item to new devious device.

 

I'll probably try it out.

Right now, an armor could trigger a mimic at any equip/unequip, I still don't know how to track generic armors, especially if there are several armors of the same type in the inventory.

 

No, for now (as the description says) it's only a leather harness to test the basic functionality, I currently work on the correspondence and getting random devices. This probably will be the 0.4.0-b update :P 

 

No they don't transfer, but I can take up the idea. Alternatively, I already had the idea to exlude several equipment categories, eg. unique ones, enchanted armor, or those enhance by smithing.

Link to post

UPDATE - v0.4.0-b seems to be finished

 

What are the changes to 0.3.x?

  • The biggest change: Now the choice for devious devices works! Either purely random or based on the mimic bodypart!
    • It just has a small downside: it ONLY will work with DD v5, which hopefully will be released this month.
  • I added a some more options to the MCM
  • I added some more checks, to be a bit more fail-safe
  • Some things behind the scenes :) 

 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, Dude2000 said:

There are some ZAZ fluidity effects (like pee etc.) that accidentally trigger events from this mod when they get equipped. That's currently preventing me from using this mod.

I now check for the ZAZ keyword for equippable items, this should hopefully be gone.

 

I also added a list of unique armors which never will be destroyed, yet they still could trigger a mimic. Beware, that it's a blacklist, so I might have missed some items, as well as it's only for the base game (+DLCs)!

 

For you guys, I have a question:

Do you agree with my mapping of devious devices to body parts as below?

 

Head - blindfolds, gags, collars, normal yokes
Arms - armbinders, elbowbinders, arm cuffs, gloves, normal yokes, breast-binding yokes, wrist shackles, elbow shackles
Torso - chastity belts, chastity bras, harnesses, corsets, suits, breast-binding yokes, piercings, plugs**
Legs - leg cuffs, boots, hobble dresses, relaxed hobble dresses
Jewelry* - arm cuffs, leg cuffs, collars, piercings, plugs**

 

* jewelry means all circlets, rings and necklaces - this means though, that a necklace may become a vaginal piercing, as both is jewelry in my eyes

** plugs always equip a belt, too, everything else would be boring :P 

Link to post
On 10/23/2020 at 11:47 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

is there any way to have a version of this compatible with DD 4.3 for now ? maybe testing it for the basics and seeing how it is while DD5 is still being working, might be a good idea ?

There still is the 0.3.2 online, it's a bit buggier as I also put in more sanity checks in 0.4.0 and only equips a harness, but for getting the general idea of how this mod works, it will do its job and it works with DD 4.x

 

Edit: I could rebuild my code a bit, so it uses only one device again but has the rest of the changes in 0.4.0. The real problem is, that DD 4.x doesn't provide any function similar to the one in DD 5 to get random devices. And honestly I don't want to build such function on my own, if DD 5 is so close to release ;) 

Link to post

Ok, I have added a version check. If not using DD 5, it uses keywords to get the bodypart and the devious device, else it uses slot masks and LeveledItem lists.

 

The advantage: you may test v0.4.x with DD4, too :D 

The disadvantage: it's less reliable in getting the body region and you only will have one devious item type per body region.

Namely: collars (head), arm cuffs (arms), harness (torso), leg cuffs (legs) and nipple piercings (jewelry)

 

I only have a problem with the new method of finding devices that needs to be fixed 

Link to post

Update v0.5.0-b is here

 

This one now offers again compatibility with DD v4.x, as well as DD v5 beta! The v4.x version will be more basic when it comes to devious device choice, but it still uses different items for different body regions.

 

Additionally, there are some bug fixes, more sanity checks and a few added features (eg. your avatar now will moan "in surprise" if hit with a mimic triggering ^^)

 

Please let me know below, if you encounter any bugy with the current version!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...