Jump to content
Drbigt

Sims 4 - Beginner Modlist Guide

Recommended Posts

Version 0.1

 

New category

 

  • Fuck Dust Bunnies

 

Fuck Dust Bunnies

 

  • Dust Shite
  • Dust Shite mop
  • Scruberoo expanded

 

Version 0.09

 

Instructions

 

  • Added more instructions what to do every update, install or removal of mod for more stability.

 

Lovers Lab

 

  • Kritikal's Naugty Collection
  • Atrois Animations
  • Femdomania's animations

 

Removed

 

  • Slice of Life

 

Version 0.08

 

  • New section "Lightning"
  • New section "Reshade"

 

Enviroment

 

  • Terrain replacement
  • Floorpaint replacement

 

Lightning

 

  • Into the light
  • Out of the dark
  • Cubemap remover

Reshade

 

  • Reshade preset

Removed

 

  • NoGlo
  • NoBlu

 

 

Version 0.07

 

Highly recommended mods

 

  • Simulation Lag Fix
  • Simulation Unclogger

Gameplay

 

  • Purchased objects come into inventory
  • Ring Up Customers at Register
  • Retail Overhaul

 

 

Version 0.06

 

  • New section "Meshes"
  • New section "Enviroment

 

Meshes

 

  • Eve Body
  • Sopor Alure
  • Heavy Breasts

 

Enviroment

 

  • No Glo
  • No Blu

 

Fixes

 

  • Food

 

 

Version 0.05

 

DLC

 

  • Snowy Escape

 

Gameplay

 

  • Aep Pornography

 

Removed

 

  • Devious Desires
  • Community Library

 

Version 0.04

 

 

Lovers Lab

 

  • Cum Mesh
  • Bouncing Sims Boobies

 

Version 0.03

 

  • New section" Gameplay"

 

Highly recommended

 

  • Better Buy/Build mode

 

Gameplay

  • Added basemental mods
  • Added new traits

 

 

Version 0.02

 

  • Added instructions to remove Slice of Life's absolutely stupid automatic stealing mechanic, which ruins gameplay.

 

 

Version 0.01

 

  • Initial release
Link to post
20 hours ago, HumanII said:

Could you explain what the benefit of DeadPool MCC is? I’ve looked over the documentation, and I don’t see why I would want it.

You  can tweak the behavior of Sims, tweak aging for each life states (Like near eternal young adult-adult and like day old babies since those suck), you can make changes to the culling mechanics, allow teenage and elder pregnancy, you can force kill people and start pregnancies or alter townies and much, much, MUCH more.

TL, DR; It does so many things I would have to write literally 5 page long essay.

Link to post

This is great as a beginner into modding, thank you!
Will I encounter compatibility problems with animations/meshes/skins if I use clothing/tattoos/piercings CC that I download from around the internet? Or I can just use any CC with any mod? 

Link to post
On 12/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, foxxkaty said:

This is great as a beginner into modding, thank you!
Will I encounter compatibility problems with animations/meshes/skins if I use clothing/tattoos/piercings CC that I download from around the internet? Or I can just use any CC with any mod? 

Yes, you have a very high chance of having compability issues with CC Clothes but as long as you don't go crazy and install like 20 at once but rather install like 4 at once and check them out, you should be okay. Piercings depend a lot where they are but many work with the mods I've listed. Tatoos should be okay, some really weird WW animations can potentially make them stretch depending on the placement but generally should be fine. CC is honestly a bit out of the scope of this guide, as that's more advanced and requires a lot more curation. I can't really do that all by myself. However, I have personally tested these and have found them to work well with my Sim.

 

Naughty collection

Link to post

Version 0.08

 

  • New section "Lightning"
  • New section "Reshade"

 

Enviroment

 

  • Terrain replacement
  • Floorpaint replacement

 

Lightning

 

  • Into the light
  • Out of the dark
  • Cubemap remover

Reshade

 

  • Reshade preset

Removed

 

  • NoGlo
  • NoBlu
Link to post
15 hours ago, Paul Harley said:

excellent guide thankyou . been asking in forums for a breast mod with smaller nipples . so yes Alure is my go to as well

is there something i can use for bottoms and vaginas that wont clash with Alure

 

I personally use just the one that comes with Eve, I think that it looks nice.

Link to post

Hi, sims 4 newbie here - so thank you for your guide! May I ask - you made no mention of the HQ mod. I came to sims 4 from other games that featured stunning 4k and 8k textured characters and find the vanilla low res from TS4 a little dull. So, do you not recommend the HQ mod at all, or is it just that it involves some assembly and, thus, is not within the scope of a beginners guide? I would say beginner though I may be, texture detail is important enough that I feel motivated to read and learn, just don't know where to begin. I know where to get the HQ mod and replacement packs for the base game and dlc, also the tool that converts other mods. But if it were all that easy, everybody would be using it...  right? Any hint would be appreciated and thanks again for this guide.

Link to post
On 1/14/2021 at 7:57 PM, petronius said:

Hi, sims 4 newbie here - so thank you for your guide! May I ask - you made no mention of the HQ mod. I came to sims 4 from other games that featured stunning 4k and 8k textured characters and find the vanilla low res from TS4 a little dull. So, do you not recommend the HQ mod at all, or is it just that it involves some assembly and, thus, is not within the scope of a beginners guide? I would say beginner though I may be, texture detail is important enough that I feel motivated to read and learn, just don't know where to begin. I know where to get the HQ mod and replacement packs for the base game and dlc, also the tool that converts other mods. But if it were all that easy, everybody would be using it...  right? Any hint would be appreciated and thanks again for this guide.

 

Um, Sims 4 isn't low res. (Play Sims 1-3 to see what a low res is) I have not tried HQ mod but I don't really see the point, the visuals aren't really the problem when it comes to Sims 4, everything else especially the gameplay honestly is. Running 4-8K just sounds like it'll slowdown your game and there being little point in doing that, especially if you start to install Wicked Whims animations you'll make load screens insane even without 4K-8K textures.

 

sims-4-hq-mod-1024x576.jpg


Am I missing something? I can't really tell the difference. Seems like a lot of not worth it.

 

The only textures that you realistically should change are the food textures which look bad and are of poor quality in vanilla.

 

https://utopiamordor.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4+food

 

If you insist on changing Sims textures, I can recommend this which I'll add to the guide.

 

https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Pralinesims/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/aphrodite-skin-female/id/1451693/

Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, Drbigt said:

 

Am I missing something? I can't really tell the difference. Seems like a lot of not worth it.

 

If you insist on changing Sims textures, I can recommend this which I'll add to the guide.

 

https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Pralinesims/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/aphrodite-skin-female/id/1451693/

 

I won't argue, since as I've said I'm pretty new to TS4. I did play a lot of TS1 and TS2 (skipped TS3) and a modded TS2 looked pretty decent (for the time). Still, I noticed you shared a comparison image also featured in the HQ mod, which states that all its replacement textures are just upscaled from the original assets - meaning no extra detail at all. You can, however, find a lot of HQ skin overlays that look a lot better, and they do require the HQ mod for the 2k x 4k maps. But I'm the kind of sucker for detail that prefers to live with jaggies rather than hammering them down with AA - because a lot of AA processes (at least the "cheap" ones in terms of performance) blur the fine detail. I'm too used to looking at goose bumps and skin pores in Skyrim :P

 

Not entirely dissimilar to the skin texture you linked, thanks for that. I'll check it - and you say it doesn't require the HQ mod to look like that in game?

Link to post

Hi Drbigt,

 

That's a super helpful list of mods. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these.  I would recommend these to anyone playing Sims 4.

 

  • Lotharihoe's Loading Screens - Changes the spinning diamond loading screens to dozens of options.
  • No Intro - Auto skips the intro screen - speeds up sims 4 load time.
  • More CAS Columns - Really nice to see more than two columns of clothing in CAS. Great for people with wide screen monitors.
  • Tmex AlwaysFullEditMode - Shift clicking a sim into CAS allows you full power to change your houseful etc.
  • Tmex - BetterBuildBuy - Allows you to view several more rows to easily choose items. More filtering options. If you are really into building houses, you will want this.
  • UI Cheats - This could spoil you, but allows you to change money, time of day, skill levels, etc.

 

External apps:

 

  • Sims 4 Tray Importer - If you are going to share your homes, sims, etc, then this app makes the process of collecting the CC and the Tray stuff exporting into one zip much easier.
  • Sims 4 Studio - Massive amount of stuff you can do with this app.  I use it to prevent townies from wearing CC, and putting photos of my family into the game.

Other ones I happen to use: Nisa's wicked perversions, Basemental Drugs, Extreme Violence, Longer Parties More Guests, Invite Any Guests

Link to post
On 2/1/2021 at 6:25 AM, LuversLab92 said:

Hi Drbigt,

 

That's a super helpful list of mods. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these.  I would recommend these to anyone playing Sims 4.

 

  • Lotharihoe's Loading Screens - Changes the spinning diamond loading screens to dozens of options.
  • No Intro - Auto skips the intro screen - speeds up sims 4 load time.
  • More CAS Columns - Really nice to see more than two columns of clothing in CAS. Great for people with wide screen monitors.
  • Tmex AlwaysFullEditMode - Shift clicking a sim into CAS allows you full power to change your houseful etc.
  • Tmex - BetterBuildBuy - Allows you to view several more rows to easily choose items. More filtering options. If you are really into building houses, you will want this.
  • UI Cheats - This could spoil you, but allows you to change money, time of day, skill levels, etc.

 

External apps:

 

  • Sims 4 Tray Importer - If you are going to share your homes, sims, etc, then this app makes the process of collecting the CC and the Tray stuff exporting into one zip much easier.
  • Sims 4 Studio - Massive amount of stuff you can do with this app.  I use it to prevent townies from wearing CC, and putting photos of my family into the game.

Other ones I happen to use: Nisa's wicked perversions, Basemental Drugs, Extreme Violence, Longer Parties More Guests, Invite Any Guests

 

Hey thanks, did you look at my list? Because you listed several things that I have already listed, such as the drugs and Better Build . I will give Loading screens a try and see how I like it, I don't think you need Full Edit Mode when you already get that from MCC, same with UI cheats, you can do that with MCC too. MCC is the swiss army knife that does by itself tons of things. Having one big mod like MCC is a better option than several smaller mods because it reduces the load times.

Tray and studio stuff are for more advanced users, I may add them though just because they're useful in case someone wants to make use of their features. However, the idea of this was to make it beginner friendly as possible, so I wasn't sure Tray or Studio would fit. I may make "Advanced users" section.

Link to post
On 2/6/2021 at 3:22 AM, Drbigt said:

 

Hey thanks, did you look at my list? Because you listed several things that I have already listed, such as the drugs and Better Build . I will give Loading screens a try and see how I like it, I don't think you need Full Edit Mode when you already get that from MCC, same with UI cheats, you can do that with MCC too. MCC is the swiss army knife that does by itself tons of things. Having one big mod like MCC is a better option than several smaller mods because it reduces the load times.

Tray and studio stuff are for more advanced users, I may add them though just because they're useful in case someone wants to make use of their features. However, the idea of this was to make it beginner friendly as possible, so I wasn't sure Tray or Studio would fit. I may make "Advanced users" section.

 

Ah thanks for bringing that up about loading times. Yeah, the longest load times is when I click the house and press play. I'll experiment with removing some of these and see what the speed up is. I'd say MCC is in my top 3 mods.  UI Cheats is just so easy because don't have to pull up MCC to make a change for common stuff (like money, time of day, bladder, hunger etc)

 

My wife bitches about the default penis's saying that they just don't look "real".  Do you have a favorite mesh that comes with it? Nior's is... well porn star.... she just wants normal looking ones.

 

I also want to convey  my appreciation for you taking the time to create this list.  Sims 4 sucks without mods. I just wish you list was up before I started playing.

Link to post

Instead of Simulation Lag Fix I recommend this mod by coolspear. It works a lot better for me and there are different versions for different PCs and it is updated for 1.71. It is compatible with turbodriver's unclogger.

Link to post
On 3/5/2021 at 6:17 PM, LuversLab92 said:

 

Ah thanks for bringing that up about loading times. Yeah, the longest load times is when I click the house and press play. I'll experiment with removing some of these and see what the speed up is. I'd say MCC is in my top 3 mods.  UI Cheats is just so easy because don't have to pull up MCC to make a change for common stuff (like money, time of day, bladder, hunger etc)

 

My wife bitches about the default penis's saying that they just don't look "real".  Do you have a favorite mesh that comes with it? Nior's is... well porn star.... she just wants normal looking ones.

 

I also want to convey  my appreciation for you taking the time to create this list.  Sims 4 sucks without mods. I just wish you list was up before I started playing.

 

 

I personally use Noir. It comes in various sizes, are you saying the small one is too big too? 

 

Thanks  from the appreciation!

 

On 3/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, yoyoman69 said:

Instead of Simulation Lag Fix I recommend this mod by coolspear. It works a lot better for me and there are different versions for different PCs and it is updated for 1.71. It is compatible with turbodriver's unclogger.

 

Yeah,  I'm not gonna tell people to register to some shitty Sims forums just to download a mod, that sort of a gated content makes me want to hurl things at the website.

 

The mod I listed is also compatible with Unclogger.

 

 

I'll make a new update later this week, gonna add some new things and tweaks.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...