Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tolerance

help / opinion on new hgec body

Recommended Posts

hey, been busy, not a fan asking others for help, but i can't figure out this issue. so i got this new body i made awhile ago, kind of an alternative to musclegirl. this one has a bit more fat, so it isnt all lumpy , i'm thinking of calling it brickhouse, its actually based on zkec i think, seams match hgec...

 

anyway, i cant get the lats to compress correctly and get a sharp bend that i would like to fix, but every attempt to hand-weight the area has made it worse.

1FemaleChestAndLegsCurvesThighs tonedLines bulk v2.nif

 

anyway, i want to ask if anyone even would like this body and put up with the flaws

 

oh, and anyone know how i can best use seam mender, it usually works, but it wont run some meshes

 

 

499230877_latsgonbats.jpg.c69ddcdb3216c56f59610c100042a07b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

The best thing to do is to import the body and skeleton into blender and then bring in the animation.  Rework the animation and you can then export the fixed animation.  I think the problem you are facing is the animation was made for a particular body type that is much thinner and with the bulkier body you are using it just doesn't fit anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, tolerance said:

oh, and anyone know how i can best use seam mender, it usually works, but it wont run some meshes

 

Then you know everything.  Yes some meshes don't work at all or do not work well.

Sometimes a mesh as template works and sometimes it is better to create a lattice.

 

Your body works with HGEC hand and HGEC SetBody reloaded foot.  But there is a gap with vanilla head.

Fix Head gap with seam mender works better with a head and upperbody lattice. Only head  or only upperbody nif mostly doesn't work at all.

 

When you have the final body and still have a head-upperbody gap  and still problems with seam meander  I can try it.

Sometimes older/different versions works better.  I use 3 Mesh Rigger, 2 Clothes converter and 4 Seam mender versions . . .  and mostly one works  :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gregathit said:

animation was made for a particular body type that is much thinner and with the bulkier body you are using it just doesn't fit anymore.

maybe you are right about  there being no fixes through weighting, but i don't think i can handle editing a bunch of animations... i do have an edited scaleable skeleton that actually effects in game, could mess with that if a mesh based solution won't do... honestly , i've got a bunch of mods i haven't released because of lack of polish and weird personal preferences

36 minutes ago, fejeena said:

When you have the final body and still have a head-upperbody gap  and still problems with seam meander  I can try it.

Sometimes older/different versions works better.  I use 3 Mesh Rigger, 2 Clothes converter and 4 Seam mender versions . . .  and mostly one works  :classic_biggrin:

oh, dif versions eh? good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, tolerance said:

maybe you are right about  there being no fixes through weighting, but i don't think i can handle editing a bunch of animations... i do have an edited scaleable skeleton that actually effects in game, could mess with that if a mesh based solution won't do...

It is worth a shot, go ahead and try it with that skelly.  I doubt it works however, as you'd need only a very small portion of the skeleton to increase to decrease the clipping.  

As to editing a bunch of animations, perhaps just pick the ones that need it.  Like maybe just the idle animation or whichever animation bugs you the most.

 

The other think you can look at is to do some more editing to decrease the proportions so they don't clip.  That may not be to your liking as it may destroy the look you were going for.  But that route might be the least amount of work.  I wish I had a better answer for you.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post

I never delete old versions.  Think I have more not installed versions.

 

Installed:

Mesh Rigger / Seam_Mender 13c

Seam_Mender / Mesh Rigger / Clothes converter v24

Seam_Mender b_25_A

Seam_Mender / Mesh Rigger / Clothes converter v 89_k

seam_mender_v91b_stand_alone

 

And a lot of old versions not installed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...