I'm not sure why I had so much trouble finding 'ANY' kind of batman cowl for the sims 3. So far, of the only 2 I have found - one of the links is to Mediafire which is dead: https://sims-simseverywhere.tumblr.com/post/53693568227/neko-sims-holy-smokes-its-another-batman

The other was only found thanks to one of our members in this post: 

These are the links to both items: https://shokoninio.tumblr.com/post/87109080331/batmans-new-52-costume-boots-cape-converted

https://shokoninio.tumblr.com/post/164962277791/batman-mask-someone-suggested-me-convert-the

Oddly enough this Cowl was also made by the same person whose Batman outfit is what started my search. Very strange the cowl doesn't appear when doing a search while the outfit is the very first image.....

Anyways, after downloading it and wondering about the ominous message I noticed a couple things.

1) No matter how small you make the sim ears - they remain visible. I may be able to 'fix' this by using a blindfold and slider magic to cover the ears while not interfering with the rest of the cowl (sub-optimal)

2) While the location in accessories places them next to the glasses. They appear to be affected (read as broke ass shit) by 'some' CC which is located in the necklace section - which includes the cape for the outfit.

The cowl isn't affected by either hat or glasses sliders. Is recolorable just fine - although it will pick-up texture corruption (odd coloring) from other necklaces.

While the cape is equipped, and a few other CC objects like a 'leather biker jacket' which also is in the necklaces location - the cowl mesh completely freaks out....

Because of this, it's completely unuseable in it's current form, and I don't know enough about modding to even understand if it can be salvaged through reworking, or some kind of modification to the cape as well (since the ears stick out regardless)

I tried a variety of CC to understand the extent of the problem, but I think pictures serve to explain better:

Spoiler

Screenshot-505.jpg.d27acc77ef5378769c311c5df9c3723a.jpgScreenshot-515.jpg.e0bf47c26709538fb1d897956ac489dc.jpgScreenshot-518.jpg.ae68c96cf77fdf0b0b1c21b4ccf8cbf5.jpgScreenshot-520.jpg.9ceaa60ff7ffc8d40ee2cea3184d58d3.jpgScreenshot-512.jpg.897560005a7658ae25dede9b0ad45f99.jpgScreenshot-511.jpg.a193020ed4cd41018e2618d76aa1f92a.jpgScreenshot-508.jpg.741827d02f03dbe0532a51a8d49097c1.jpgScreenshot-513.jpg.fb94fa7d4eb4c4c1d5b5fe8e5d2c0aee.jpg

2 objects which also have a negative effect like the cape in the 2nd shot above:

Screenshot-516.jpg.e2e3895c996af3cb66cbc9caea8fe639.jpgScreenshot-517.jpg.ef6b9d86a3a6777575d37c411c891da0.jpg

I could go through all accessory CC I have regardless of 'location' and probably find more that cause issues, but I think the examples I provide may tell enough of the story for an educated guess.

I'm familiar with many of the objects located as necklaces having an effect on the 'open toe' heels provided by JoshQ - and this reminds me of the same problem.

Batman without a cowl just doesn't work for me, and without a cape isn't any better....   Can this situation be salvaged at all?

from Batman I can only offer you this, apart from the ones you mention

tumblr_45821a0bf89c0ca1d83b1c5ac8b7bb15_4a9e5587_1280.jpg

tumblr_e2ef31dc4c94e8e7c4410f47592435e8_bb7cecd3_1280.jpg

Some time ago I found these images of someone who had made a lot of costumes but unfortunately I did not find any place to download them. The Rogue suit is one of my obsessions ever since 😢

Spoiler

h57BH8M.jpg.42790c370232147e7dc9283b0dd3ed5a.jpgZEe3AjC.jpg.dc1f0ab028d3a43a2a28f810f3314bb8.jpgZrV20J2.jpg.ebc1b7a3651438c19130e7ee072265d1.jpg

38 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

a lot of costumes

I tend to avoid 'painted' outfits anymore - but depending on how those Batman cowls are applied - whether they include the cape or not isn't an issue as long as they don't force the outfit - it may be workable - if I could color them in CASP.

You've seen a lot of my choices, and I tend towards more realism when I can get it. The Outfit above in my post is amazing looking - and it just needs a decent cowl. Because of the nature of a cowl, it wouldn't be just a paintjob. I even made my own HULK (werewolf - Bruce Banner), but I couldn't do much with the hands, and the feet are even worse. Any sliders I have just distort things one way or another without increasing size properly. The wrist seams are another problem - I could widen and thicken, but they still pinch at the seam and the base of the hands don't get much bigger either - the hands get longer and fingers fatter. <sigh> X-tra huge hands and feet are a Hulk trademark.

If you'd like to send me the Batman so I can judge for myself I can do that. If I have a choice it would be the bottom one - I grew up with the 60's Batman (I was in 2nd Grade), but that's not the look I'm interested in - Sorry Mr.West.

If I gave a shit about Ironman -  I did find a really well done version: https://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=ghostsyj&logNo=50149006090&categoryNo=&parentCategoryNo=91&from=

https://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=ghostsyj&logNo=50174182661&categoryNo=&parentCategoryNo=91&from=

Screenshot-91.jpg?type=w1

Personal note: While I was able to enjoy the X-Men movies to an extent, the idea of the X-men themselves bores me from a SuperHero fan point of view. I grew up with unique heroes, whom each had their own specific 'world' and the issues present in it. Along come the X-Men and since they're mutants, if the writers needs a specific 'power', they just pull one out of their ass. It's a lot like watching kids play a game where there isn't any rules - so they just make shit up as they go.

I have a few hours playing the old Marvel Online game

Spoiler

MHO.png.bd473fec6304846a85be490323c94ca7.png

And you can see I put my 'HULK' on hold for now.....

Screenshot-504.jpg.cba21f634c74f462e5904daff7b6d03e.jpg

My 'Blade' turned out pretty well though, so He now lives in Bridgeport - dealing with the vampire problem.....

Screenshot-524.jpg.8a4280af8bf1f152986a862070ab37d6.jpgScreenshot-526.jpg.8e1c43a8037e1f2929d446b197a64a22.jpg

I send you by PM what I have, (if someone else is interested, they just have to tell me). Thanks for the Iron Man :)

16 hours ago, Patriguz said:

I send you by PM what I have, (if someone else is interested, they just have to tell me). Thanks for the Iron Man :)

I can live with this - Thanks again!

(also - some 'bulging' underwear I downloaded awhile back is acting like a default replacer, and not complaining - GO SUPERMAN !!!)

Screenshot-528.jpg.90d87cc69ef21a1f80cce88b83024d76.jpg

Screenshot-530.jpg.16fc9c010a164a5710273759bfdf0110.jpg

On 10/3/2020 at 9:04 AM, landess said:

And you can see I put my 'HULK' on hold for now.....

I'll try to catch up a bit later, but Hulk looks like a few sliders, and you'll be okay. There are body girth sliders, I think on MTS, and I think by Jonha. I use them a lot. Females, a slightly smaller build, and certain males, like Bane, very wide and thick, and these sliders don't seem to cause distortions. Also looks like you need feet sliders.

So, @Patriguz got you straight on the cowl?

I have the classic Batman and the gray one that I put in the photos above (and the Robin). If someone needs them, I'll send it to them privately 

I had a chance to look at that cowl. Problem is that it's an accessory. Been so long, but without MC, don't you have only one hair choice? So, I guess people made such things as accessory and tried to fit over the one hair choice for all outfits. With MC and multiple hairs per outfit, I'd now make that as a hair/ hat option, and of course, cover the ears better. Example being my Harley cowl/ mask/ hat.

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I had a chance to look at that cowl. Problem is that it's an accessory. Been so long, but without MC, don't you have only one hair choice? So, I guess people made such things as accessory and tried to fit over the one hair choice for all outfits. With MC and multiple hairs per outfit, I'd now make that as a hair/ hat option, and of course, cover the ears better. Example being my Harley cowl/ mask/ hat.

Guess for anyone reading this I should add - everything in the screenshots IS an accessory also. The point was some accessories play nice together while others do not. Because that shoulder cape is also in the 'necklace location' along with that 'biker jacket' and the cape which comes with the outfit - it doesn't make immediate sense why the mask looks 'fine' while it's equipped, while the other 2 objects cause serious mesh corruption.

Pretty sure the base game gave players the ability to have multiple hair styles / different per outfit as that mechanic was used to allow career outfits to have a different hair/hat such as the Journalism career. As for MC, it allows different colors. To make this cowl work, the bald hair style was needed, like a few other things to look right.

>>> I'm surprised more CC makers of 'hats' didn't go the hat with hair route EA developed, while we players ended up with accessory hats and even a whole new set of sliders to jockey them around.

Screenshot-507.jpg.2cdb856f0c096d5fe48463b66235bdb4.jpgScreenshot-506.jpg.4a17d914da615f3ed4ea6fc3371ceafa.jpg

4 hours ago, landess said:

some accessories play nice together while others do not

Morphs. Don't know the exact why's, but it seems to be when accessories use morphs, that something sometimes goes crazy. Take note of JoshQ's warning about accessories with morphs and his shoes! 

The jacket would need to morph (fat, thin, fit and thin)... the cape does not. It just hangs, and doesn't need to "grow" with sim shape. The cowl would need to morph, as the cheeks and jaw of a sim get fat or thin.

4 hours ago, landess said:

I'm surprised more CC makers of 'hats' didn't go the hat with hair route EA developed

There are different needs. For something like this cowl, I would have made it as a hair/ hat. It's character based, and you don't want hair sticking out. On the other hand, the rabbit fur hat that I made... As accessory, it allows for individuals to use it with various hair styles. As hat, you get what I put, and no other options.