I know you said you plan on genaric NPC like the guards and people commenting on your pregnancy so how about the store owners offering you a seat and asking if they can get you anything like a drink and inn owners offering you foods and drinks that would be good for you while with child like milk and juices instead of wine and ale and saying something like these will be better for you to have while with child or something along that line I hope the suggestions help.

I did report for some time that as Male you can ask priests if you are pregnat.

You did fix it, I use the latest and did talk to Dinya Balu and she could check if I was pregnant. Issue I play as Male ?

Edit and updating

My bad, for some strange reason I did NOT have the latest installed. So ignore this ?

Alright everyone, here's a little status update and a question for all of you.

The current focus of my spare time has been building a quest for Farkas in Fertility Adventures. If you played his quest from the legacy version than this will be familiar to you, but with a number of changes to make it more interesting. Along with that I'm in the early stages of building a pregnancy mod for Fallout 4 called Post Nuclear Family, which will serve as a Fertility Adventures equivalent for fallout 4.

Now my question for you guys is in regards to Fertility Adventures. Everything I've done so far with Post Nuclear Family for Fallout 4 could be very easily rebuilt in Skyrim. What would you guys think about me separating from Fertility Mode entirely and making Fertility Adventures into a standalone mod?

While this feature list isn't final, here's what you could expect from a potential Post Nuclear Family port for Skyrim:

1. A focus on unique NPCs. This has been my bread and butter for Fertility Adventures. What this means is that you wouldn't be able to impregnate everyone, just the unique NPCs who've had content built for them. The benefit of doing this would be me having full control over everything while the downside is obviously that pregnancy would be restricted to certain NPCs. If I were to implement pregnancies for everyone than it would likely come in the form of a compatibility patch to let Fertility Mode handle the generic pregnancies.

2. Unique children depending on who the parents are. An example would be Aela the Huntress will have children with Auburn hair like hers, Mjoll's children would be blonde, etc. This is something I would have liked to do with Fertility Mode but without the original author around it probably won't happen.

Let me know what you guys think of this

There are more than 200 females in Skyrim and sometimes I don't revisit them for a long time, so sometimes I don't know if the NPC is pregnant. Is there a way that the pregnant NPC can send me a letter with the courier saying something like "we need to talk". I usually play as a male character. Thank you.

2 hours ago, CHIMiny Cricket said:

The current focus of my spare time has been building a quest for Farkas in Fertility Adventures. If you played his quest from the legacy version than this will be familiar to you, but with a number of changes to make it more interesting. Along with that I'm in the early stages of building a pregnancy mod for Fallout 4 called Post Nuclear Family, which will serve as a Fertility Adventures equivalent for fallout 4.

Now my question for you guys is in regards to Fertility Adventures. Everything I've done so far with Post Nuclear Family for Fallout 4 could be very easily rebuilt in Skyrim. What would you guys think about me separating from Fertility Mode entirely and making Fertility Adventures into a standalone mod?

While this feature list isn't final, here's what you could expect from a potential Post Nuclear Family port for Skyrim:

1. A focus on unique NPCs. This has been my bread and butter for Fertility Adventures. What this means is that you wouldn't be able to impregnate everyone, just the unique NPCs who've had content built for them. The benefit of doing this would be me having full control over everything while the downside is obviously that pregnancy would be restricted to certain NPCs. If I were to implement pregnancies for everyone than it would likely come in the form of a compatibility patch to let Fertility Mode handle the generic pregnancies.

2. Unique children depending on who the parents are. An example would be Aela the Huntress will have children with Auburn hair like hers, Mjoll's children would be blonde, etc. This is something I would have liked to do with Fertility Mode but without the original author around it probably won't happen.

Honestly, this is something I would download in a heartbeat. If this is something you ever do decide to do for skyrim, will it be available for LE and will female players have control over how the their children would look?

6 hours ago, CHIMiny Cricket said:

I love the idea of going the route of uniques only. I'd download it for sure. Nothing against Fertility mode, but generics getting pregnant kills the scripting. That was one of my favorite features of Beeing Female.

14 hours ago, CHIMiny Cricket said:

I like this idea a lot. I would definitely download it in a heartbeat. 

1. Focus on unique NPCs is honestly the best thing about this mod. People like those characters because they are unique and have associated quests/stories that get us invested in those characters. That is why even though there are more than 100 named females NPCs most people only choose from the around 10-12 well known waifus. I also fell like this way you will be able to focus more on these NPCs if you don't have to worry about every NPC.

2. This is also a great idea. I would further suggest that the unique NPCs could have one or two unique children that might have unique personalities and dialogue. For example, maybe they could have dialogue with related characters, like maybe Aela's child could play with Uncle Farkas and Uncle Vilkas (they consider you brother/sister so they would be considered your child's uncles) or maybe Serana's child could go visit Grandma in the soul cairn(I'm assuming a vampire's child would also be a vampire). I don't know how much of this would be in scope of the mod but just some suggestions, I think these could be interesting.

Apart from this, I wanted to know if you have any plans of using SKVA Synth for voicing the dialogue. It's not perfect but you'd have freedom to add whatever dialogue you want and still have them voiced without needing to hire anyone.

Lastly, Thank you for the great mod, I hope you continue and make the new mod too.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, CHIMiny Cricket said:

Honestly, I'm fine with direction as it is: as more of Amorous Adventures extension that also complements Fertility mode. Children with pregnancy mods don't really work well as new npcs ( so I just leave it as "item" on female characters).

I'd rather see more quests for existing npcs or "alternate wedding version" that fits every character. Maybe also "extra harem"dialogue lines between several characters.

Or adding quests with some extra characters.. like Vex, Fastred, Karliah, etc.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:01 PM, CHIMiny Cricket said:

I like the idea for Fallout 4, if it's more well-integrated into the world I'd definitely install it over AAF Family Planning Enhanced (Redux).

I've got no problem with focusing on unique NPCs (Fertility Adventures already focuses heavily on unique NPCs).

I've also got no problem with focusing on unique children (maybe if the Fertility Mode tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46820) author could help implement a unique children creation/tracking feature into the RS Children patch?).

However, I'm going to advocate for the other side though on the Skyrim port front, in favor of keeping Fertility Adventures an addon/immersion-enhancement for Fertility Mode. The alternative would be turning it into a "Life Cycle framework", like BeeingFemale or Fertility Mode.

TL;DR for my reasoning: there are so many cross compatibility requests/features people expect out of a "Life Cycle Framework" now, that development of that framework could swamp the development of quests/storylines, and past mod download trends don't favor the adoption of new frameworks unfortunately.

Background:

For Fallout 4, the "Life Cycle Framework" is AAF Family Planning (I don't even know of alternatives, are there any?), and I think making an alternative that can push development forward is a great idea.

For Skyrim SE/LE, though, there are already several different ones (Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy (SLHP), BeeingFemale (BF), Sexlab Procreation, Fertility Mode) that are extensive both in scope/debugging done.

Even on that front, I think that Fertility Mode was able to "Dethrone" BeeingFemale as the most popular "Life Cycle Framework" in SE for these reasons:

1.  Initial lack of SE support for BeeingFemale resulted in greatly slowed its SE development. By the time fixes and DLL updates were posted for BeeingFemale SE, Fertility Mode was out and had already gotten into stride.

2.  Feature changes optimized Fertility Mode for SE use specifically (ex. Bodymorph compatibility. Having native bodymorph compatibility gave FM a big leg up over BF before the community script fix came out).

3.  Fertility mode is relatively Game-Version and SKSE-Version agnostic. BeeingFemale's DLL needed to be updated with every new SKSE version, which happened frequently early in SE's existence. This combined with the migration already happening due to (1) and (2) resulted in the current situation.

4.  Fertility Mode started small in scope (basic pregnancy+cycle), but has grown to have addons for Hearthfire+RS Children, support for multiple scaling methods, and customizable settings for everything (Cycle Effects and Durations, Child type/race/duration/growth, etc.). At this point I'd consider it equivalent to BeeingFemale (some things BeeingFemale does better, some thing Fertility Mode does better).

With time, Fertility Mode became the main SE Framework, but even now there are still mods from LE that aren't cross-compatible with Fertility Mode (although they're slowly being converted over). Additionally,  even with all of the BeeingFemale+Addons development done, it still took almost 3 years to build an equivalent mod.

Current Stats for some of the mentioned mods:

I'm going to use the total downloads as the metric. LL only lists total downloads, so it's the best "Apples to apples" comparison available.

BeeingFemale LE: 164125

Fertility Mode LE:   45889

Fertility Adventures LE: 3,096

BeeingFemale SE:   33072

Fertility Mode SE: 173445

Fertility Adventures SE: 8,452

LE->SE Change for BeeingFemale: -131053

LE->SE Change for Fertility Mode: +127556

This "Framework adoption" trend holds for Unique DLs from the Nexus as well, with a few caveats:

1. only using the latest version of each mod would skew the results in BeeingFemale's favor, since its development only went further on the LL thread and only has one version, where as Fertility Mode has several versions in its version history. Not all users will have updated, though.

2. This only shows what people have downloaded, not what they're using. I've downloaded BeeingFemale SE a few times to test different mods/things (testing to see if I can get BFAP 1.4 in SE as an example), but when I'm actually doing a playthrough, I use Fertility Mode.

3. This considers these mods in a vacuum. Alternatives like Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy exist, and really shouldn't be discounted (I used it until Fertility Mode had good support for Hearthfire and RS Children). Its numbers would bump the "2nd" option in each section down to "3rd".

The Point:

As can be seen by the popularity of the LE version of Fertility Mode, the adoption of a new framework isn't a guarantee if an existing, complete, and working framework is available, but in the right scenarios (LE->SE switch, based on the factors listed above) it can happen. But that "right scenario" of going from LE to SE was a pretty unique event (I haven't heard anything about a "Skyrim SE 2"), so I don't know if adoption of "Fertility Adventures Framework" is guaranteed.

However, this could be a challenge, to try and make a framework good enough to convince people to switch. But to make that, it would need to be pretty "feature complete" (even if it was only unique NPCs), and that would take a long time, and it's entirely possible that the initial draw of Fertility Adventures, the dialogues and questlines, would fall by the wayside. A similar case happened with AAF Family Planning. It had dialogue built-in early in it's life to build up a quest around the pregnancy in that mod, but only recently have those quests and dialogue lines actually been completed.

Bonus Statistics:

Percentage of Fertility Mode LE users with Fertility Adventures: 6.75%

Percentage of Fertility Mode SE users with Fertility Adventures: 4.87%

The consistency between these numbers, given the large gap in framework adoption between the gave versions, speaks to how good the cross-compatibility is, and how effective "concurrent LE-SE releases" are.

6 hours ago, w234aew said:

I like the idea for Fallout 4, if it's more well-integrated into the world I'd definitely install it over AAF Family Planning Enhanced (Redux).

I've got no problem with focusing on unique NPCs (Fertility Adventures already focuses heavily on unique NPCs).

I've also got no problem with focusing on unique children (maybe if the Fertility Mode tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46820) author could help implement a unique children creation/tracking feature into the RS Children patch?).

However, I'm going to advocate for the other side though on the Skyrim port front, in favor of keeping Fertility Adventures an addon/immersion-enhancement for Fertility Mode. The alternative would be turning it into a "Life Cycle framework", like BeeingFemale or Fertility Mode.

TL;DR for my reasoning: there are so many cross compatibility requests/features people expect out of a "Life Cycle Framework" now, that development of that framework could swamp the development of quests/storylines, and past mod download trends don't favor the adoption of new frameworks unfortunately.

Background:

For Fallout 4, the "Life Cycle Framework" is AAF Family Planning (I don't even know of alternatives, are there any?), and I think making an alternative that can push development forward is a great idea.

For Skyrim SE/LE, though, there are already several different ones (Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy (SLHP), BeeingFemale (BF), Sexlab Procreation, Fertility Mode) that are extensive both in scope/debugging done.

Even on that front, I think that Fertility Mode was able to "Dethrone" BeeingFemale as the most popular "Life Cycle Framework" in SE for these reasons:

1.  Initial lack of SE support for BeeingFemale resulted in greatly slowed its SE development. By the time fixes and DLL updates were posted for BeeingFemale SE, Fertility Mode was out and had already gotten into stride.

2.  Feature changes optimized Fertility Mode for SE use specifically (ex. Bodymorph compatibility. Having native bodymorph compatibility gave FM a big leg up over BF before the community script fix came out).

3.  Fertility mode is relatively Game-Version and SKSE-Version agnostic. BeeingFemale's DLL needed to be updated with every new SKSE version, which happened frequently early in SE's existence. This combined with the migration already happening due to (1) and (2) resulted in the current situation.

4.  Fertility Mode started small in scope (basic pregnancy+cycle), but has grown to have addons for Hearthfire+RS Children, support for multiple scaling methods, and customizable settings for everything (Cycle Effects and Durations, Child type/race/duration/growth, etc.). At this point I'd consider it equivalent to BeeingFemale (some things BeeingFemale does better, some thing Fertility Mode does better).

With time, Fertility Mode became the main SE Framework, but even now there are still mods from LE that aren't cross-compatible with Fertility Mode (although they're slowly being converted over). Additionally,  even with all of the BeeingFemale+Addons development done, it still took almost 3 years to build an equivalent mod.

Current Stats for some of the mentioned mods:

I'm going to use the total downloads as the metric. LL only lists total downloads, so it's the best "Apples to apples" comparison available.

BeeingFemale LE: 164125

Fertility Mode LE:   45889

Fertility Adventures LE: 3,096

BeeingFemale SE:   33072

Fertility Mode SE: 173445

Fertility Adventures SE: 8,452

LE->SE Change for BeeingFemale: -131053

LE->SE Change for Fertility Mode: +127556

This "Framework adoption" trend holds for Unique DLs from the Nexus as well, with a few caveats:

1. only using the latest version of each mod would skew the results in BeeingFemale's favor, since its development only went further on the LL thread and only has one version, where as Fertility Mode has several versions in its version history. Not all users will have updated, though.

2. This only shows what people have downloaded, not what they're using. I've downloaded BeeingFemale SE a few times to test different mods/things (testing to see if I can get BFAP 1.4 in SE as an example), but when I'm actually doing a playthrough, I use Fertility Mode.

3. This considers these mods in a vacuum. Alternatives like Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy exist, and really shouldn't be discounted (I used it until Fertility Mode had good support for Hearthfire and RS Children). Its numbers would bump the "2nd" option in each section down to "3rd".

The Point:

As can be seen by the popularity of the LE version of Fertility Mode, the adoption of a new framework isn't a guarantee if an existing, complete, and working framework is available, but in the right scenarios (LE->SE switch, based on the factors listed above) it can happen. But that "right scenario" of going from LE to SE was a pretty unique event (I haven't heard anything about a "Skyrim SE 2"), so I don't know if adoption of "Fertility Adventures Framework" is guaranteed.

However, this could be a challenge, to try and make a framework good enough to convince people to switch. But to make that, it would need to be pretty "feature complete" (even if it was only unique NPCs), and that would take a long time, and it's entirely possible that the initial draw of Fertility Adventures, the dialogues and questlines, would fall by the wayside. A similar case happened with AAF Family Planning. It had dialogue built-in early in it's life to build up a quest around the pregnancy in that mod, but only recently have those quests and dialogue lines actually been completed.

Bonus Statistics:

Percentage of Fertility Mode LE users with Fertility Adventures: 6.75%

Percentage of Fertility Mode SE users with Fertility Adventures: 4.87%

The consistency between these numbers, given the large gap in framework adoption between the gave versions, speaks to how good the cross-compatibility is, and how effective "concurrent LE-SE releases" are.

Lot's of good points here. I think you've convinced me to stick with the current direction for now. Maybe when the mod feels more complete I could think about developing a solo version.

As for Fallout 4, my reasoning for making my own mod rather than making an add-on for FPE is that I personally don't use any of the new features added by the newer versions. The added requirement of installing Wasteland Dairy Framework makes it even less appealing. I personally don't care if everyone in the game can get pregnant, I would much rather have a more focused and crafted experience, Keep in mind that I'm not trying to throw shade at the authors, the mods are well made and serve their audience well, it just isn't for me.

10 hours ago, CHIMiny Cricket said:

Lot's of good points here. I think you've convinced me to stick with the current direction for now. Maybe when the mod feels more complete I could think about developing a solo version.

As for Fallout 4, my reasoning for making my own mod rather than making an add-on for FPE is that I personally don't use any of the new features added by the newer versions. The added requirement of installing Wasteland Dairy Framework makes it even less appealing. I personally don't care if everyone in the game can get pregnant, I would much rather have a more focused and crafted experience, Keep in mind that I'm not trying to throw shade at the authors, the mods are well made and serve their audience well, it just isn't for me.

I completely agree on the Fallout 4 front.

FPE and Wasteland Dairy are very well made, but I don't think they're meant to go in quite the same direction as Fertility mode.

FPE is like the halfway point between Fertility Mode and Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy, with some Fertility Mode-like features like children growing into settlers and a cycle, but a slightly simpler cycle and it leans toward the LL-side of implementation (more of a "Sex Mod" than "Life Cycle Framework" sometimes).

Wasteland Dairy is very well implemented, but it's so extensive that it doesn't feel "seamless". It's hard to get immersed into the world when I have to read the Dairy Framework manual if I want to use it.

8 hours ago, CHIMiny Cricket said:

Not yet but I'll make more for her eventually. I'm hoping that the author of xVASynth retrains her voice model a bit like he's done for other voices. Serana's doesn't sound as good as I'd like it to.

dawwww, she my waifu :P why im waiting <33

On 4/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, w234aew said:

First, thanks for the mention.  In a post which focuses on download stats, and being the "small guy" by a very wide margin to boot!

My hands are pretty much tied on this front.   The permissions on FM exclude art assets.  Narue has apparently disappeared (which is why my project exists at all) and most of the asset creators have also been inactive for years. 

So I can't do anything with existing art.  It would have to be starting over.  I'm not an artist myself and nobody has come forward and offered to help on that front.

But back to my original reason for coming here: one of my users reported that I broke compatibility with FA in my latest release (1.64) and I'm investigating that further.  If it turns out the be the case and not a single occurrence for him only(i.e. not a load order conflict or something like that), it will be promptly rectified.