Arrok's SexLab Animations & Resource for Modders (Updated 11/28/2014)

Your new anims are great, but is it possible to use redneck's plugin to implement all your animations without overwriting the old ones (or at least if they are different enough)? Maybe we can call it "sexis extender", that could be quite useful to the community since cmod probably won't come back.

We have spoken about it, and he's gonna add the animations to his plugin that are more "totally new" than "an improved version".  Some will be left as replacers. At that point we'll have a single download for everything at once.

I'm going to be thinking about the easiest way to do this over the week. By the weekend, I'll have a lot of the stuff he requested to help him expand the plugin.

you silly people, of course its not an April fools, he's a kink animator, this is serious shit !!, Frankly I doubt he even knew it was April fools. I had to check my system tray clock.

besides which, that's a screenie of 3ds max, with 3 figures in it doing rude stuff, its would be just as much effort to set that up as a fake as actually set it up to start working on keyframing animation.

Lookin good Arrok, lookin good ( pulls cheesy grin, winking and giving double finger points, cha ching!)

Now do another one with four, she has a hole going to waste !  don't u know there's a recession on, we can afford to waste precious natural resources, especially not ASSet's like that.

@arrok: that's great ; ) good to know people are still expanding the sexis framework, maybe you should turn it into an esm so that other mods can rely on it?

Also don't hesitate to add some animations as non replacer even if they are close to the original, it's always good to have more diversity ; )

@arrok: that's great ; ) good to know people are still expanding the sexis framework, maybe you should turn it into an esm so that other mods can rely on it?

Also don't hesitate to add some animations as non replacer even if they are close to the original, it's always good to have more diversity ; )

Just responded back to redneck with this. Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for. This would cut down the time it takes to make an animation by over 50%.  I'm planning to make many animations beyond my basic future plans list. Thats just the foundation.

[spoiler=What I'd like to see in a sexis plugin]
Basic naming layout: (Using Missionary as an example,..the animation .hkx files should be named like this)

Unlike SexiS, I'd like each stage of every position to have its own .hkx file for Off and Def. This will allow far greater variation in each position sequence, as we can now use 5 unique animations if we choose. Every position needs 5 off and 5 def.

I thought about this for a while, and if its possible I'd like to have a NON-replacer plugin containing only the following animations I've made/ will make. Alongside a Non-replacer plugin that only adds my animations to the original SexiS Cupid roster for people who want it.

Important Note: Ok I know whats below looks like a ton of work/testing for you. However, I think I know a way to make it extremely easy.

Because I want the offset values the same for every animation I make,...It makes more sense for you to just let me handle all the re-aligning.  I will give you a single offset to script for every single animation below. I will give you a single animation pair you can use to test every single position below. As long as every stage of every position is aligned on that single animation pair during your testing, I would replace the copied animation with the animation designated by the name of the .hkx file.

I would do this for every stage of every position below, having them all realigned for that universal offset.

Also, I would be able to add 2 animations to every position sequence, because now I have 5 free slots thanks to every stage of every animation having its own .hkx file.

Here is the universal offset:

Defender actor (female) + 100 

Offender actor (male)  no offset keep at origin

Here is the animation pair that are perfectly aligned using the above offset:

(Its stage one of my missionary animation btw, should work for all animations. Just have to rename them to act as a placeholder)

MissionaryDef_1  MissionaryOff_1
MissionaryDef_2 MissionaryOff_2
MissionaryDef_3 MissionaryOff_3
MissionaryDef_4 MissionaryOff_4
MissionaryDef_5 MissionaryOff_5 

7 positions named like above all tagged MF, FF, vaginal, (and tag bed for all but the standing)

1) Missionary
2) Cowgirl
3) Doggystyle - tag anal
4) Standing - tag anal
5) Reverse Cowgirl
6) Hugfuck
7) Sidefuck

6 positions tagged MF, FF, oral, vaginal, handjob (tag bed for only the 1st 3)

1) Oral - tag bed 
2) Blowjob - tag bed
3) Handjob - tag bed
4) Standing Blowjob 
5) Standing Handjob
6) Boobjob

2 positions tagged MF, FF, nonpenetration

1) Foreplay - tag bed
2) Standing Foreplay

1 position tagged FF, vaginal, bed

1) Lesbian

1 position tagged MF, aggresive, anal, oral, handjob, vaginal

1) Rape

This framework would cover every animation I would ever make,...the ones I have yet to make will just have to remain as the test position until I finish them.

I think thats better than trying to always update and add to the plugin. Also, this way I could update it by replacing if I don't have a scripter around.

I honestly don't know how much work it is to make a plugin like this, but I'm really hoping that without the need for you to test alignment (leaving that to me) would greatly lessen the load. Would you get back to me on that? Let me know if this is true.

Final Note: Please tell me your ideas of how you'd like to see this implemented.  As a scripter, I'm sure your input is valuble.

Thanks.

The foreplay animations are super hot, easily my favorites.

Can you fix 'clipping' of the legs on the lying down foreplay, though?  The legs tend to clip together during the first few phases of the animations.   The last two phases are fine though. 

Try these files to see if it helps the clipping:

Download this one if you're using redneck's plugin for the foreplay animations:

attachicon.gifForeplay fix (redneck plugin version).rar

Download this one if you're still using my original replacer:

attachicon.gifForeplay fix (missionary replacer version).rar

Let me know if its an improvement.

Did this help anyone? If its better,..I'll update the front page link to incorporate it.

I really like the new animation, some great work as usual.

However, i can't seem to get either sidefuck to align, the male is always part way through the femals body....is there a fix to that?

Not yet, I'll fix it up this Friday. Its the same in my game. Idk why it ended up like that.  Don't worry though, this weekend I'll have the final sidefuck updated, and it'll work or i'll kill it.

is there going to be an all in one file?

Yes, he said so a few days ago.

Edit:

Helloes Arrok.

Ive finaly come around to writing up the idea I had in mind for a rather rough sex scene.

I may edit it a bit later, as this is roughly written up.

Ive added a "mood" word to each animation to give you a better idea of how the animation should look like

Also I am assuming that there is an intro animation(as seen in the missionary you made), 3 main animations and 1 ending animation.

Incase you havent seen the defeated pose enough that is mentioned in the starting animation, I made a few screenshots here so you can see and use it to re-create the pose.

http://imgur.com/a/I8wxE#0

Doggystyle Rough

Starting animation:

Mood: Rape

The starting pose of the female should be the same as the defeated one after a fight once you go below 10%(See sexis defeated plugin), the male character will grab the female by the hips and will pull her towards him.

As the pulling is being done, the female character will land on her stomache and try to claw herself to the ground or simply put her hands open on the ground trying to push herself forward/not get pulled back to him. A Nice addition would be if she tried that multiple times, aka would lose traction with her hands, lift em up and smash em down in order to try again. Kind of hard to explain, but Im sure youve seen a lot of horror movies where the victim would try not to get pulled back as shes layin on her stomache)

A good thing here would be to have the speed of him pulling her back and her being pulled back vary depending on her arm movement.

First animation:

Mood: still rape~

At this point her legs should be close together, not wide open and she should be on her hands or arms. While at the same time the guy would have his hand pulling her hair(the positioning is debatable, especially as hairs dont have bones(or do they?)either way to have it most compatible to most hairstyles, it would be good if his hand was at the top back corner of her head, along with his body movement, her head and body should move as well, however due to his hand on her hair, her head should move slightly behind the rhytm of his thrusts.

Also noteworthy is that her head should be forced diagonally upwards, as if she was looking into the sun. As much as its possible at least without making it look like a circus :P.

Second animation:

Mood: Given up.

In this animation her upper body should be on the ground, with her face lying on its side on the ground as well which should however move slightly as he thrusts away at her, also her legs should be wiiiide open, with his hands on her legs pulling her onto his dick with each thrust, so that her getting pulled back + him thrusting are in sync.(Kind of like that one awesome missionary animation you did, just the other way around)

Noteworthy should be that therefore her body would go "diagonally" down, which however means that due to the many different boob sizes ppl are using with CBBE or UNP that it could become tricky to not have it look weirdly.

Oh! and her arms should be laying on her side going towards him(but still, just laying there)

Third animation:

Mood: Given in.

Here, her legs should be close again aka she should be on her knees, but to have it make more sense, his legs should be inbetween hers in terms positioning of her legs. Also she should be on her forearms(not hands).

While thrusting he should be slapping her butt, and with each slap she should be throwing her head up,

Finish animation:

Mood: Climax.

For this one she should simply have her head upwards with him pulling her hair again, however he should make no thrusts at all and instead she should be the one thrusting her hips back n forth, of course in a rhytm that would make sense with an orgasm.

If this is do and likeable Ill gladly write another.

hmm, it doesn't make BBP working with SexiS, am i doing something wrong? just overwrite original file animation with these files right? (and also have BPP enabled)

well not sure if it is correct, but i'm using this BBP, 

CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod - CHSBHC-Body-Physics-ModV2-4-1

or i'm using wrong BBP? are there any other BBP out there?

edit : looks like the problem is a bit different, is there anyway to make replaced NPC models to have BBP enabled during scenes? original ones worked fine, only modded ones doesn't work as if they are missing BBP textures or something during scenes

hmm, it doesn't make BBP working with SexiS, am i doing something wrong? just overwrite original file animation with these files right? (and also have BPP enabled)

edit : looks like the problem is a bit different, is there anyway to make replaced NPC models to have BBP enabled during scenes? original ones worked fine, only modded ones doesn't work as if they are missing BBP textures or something during scenes

Well some modded NPCs have a folder that the esp file takes meshes and textures that are different from your default NPC females.

You need a BBP mesh and skeleton in that folder. Also, BBP textures if the mod has its own texture folder too.

Awesome resource here. Got a bit of thoughts that I hope may help:

- The 3p animations: maybe we can have a new spell called cupid 3p where it requires you to hit 3 people to initiate sex. We can use the 2p animations but just have the 3rd person standing nearby masturbating... this way every animation will always have 3 models. We already have standing maturbation animations with Adult Show XXX...

- The Estrus have employed advanced facial expressions and cumming / dripping effects. Is it possible to also use the same thing for Sexis?

- The 3p animations: maybe we can have a new spell called cupid 3p where it requires you to hit 3 people to initiate sex. We can use the 2p animations but just have the 3rd person standing nearby masturbating... this way every animation will always have 3 models. We already have standing maturbation animations with Adult Show XXX...

- The Estrus have employed advanced facial expressions and cumming / dripping effects. Is it possible to also use the same thing for Sexis?

DDproductions83 has gotten the animations to work in game, and he sent me some images

post-2323-0-88940800-1364934733_thumb.jpg

post-2323-0-11538400-1364934747_thumb.jpg

Hes working on a story mod with the animation

Ashal is currently working on his framework for sex animations, and is testing the animation as well.

It probably wont be long until we can see it in-game.

That is code related, you should probably post in the Sexis or SA thread about that.

This here is about animation :P

Also arrok wheres your feedback :C

DDproductions83 has gotten the animations to work in game, and he sent me some images

attachicon.gifthreeway good.jpg

attachicon.gifthreewaybuggy.jpg

Ashal is currently working on his framework for sex animations, and is testing the animation as well.

What where how when omng D:

Does that mean we have 2 new seperate mods incoming or does that mean we have 1 mod incoming that 2 ppl are working on?

What where how when omng D:

Does that mean we have 2 new seperate mods incoming or does that mean we have 1 mod incoming that 2 ppl are working on?

It means one is making an entirely new sex framework .esm  (non-SexiS)

and the other is making a SexiS .esp story mod

They are not related.

Good job making the animations, can't wait to see these implemented in the future  :P.

Well some modded NPCs have a folder that the esp file takes meshes and textures that are different from your default NPC females.

You need a BBP mesh and skeleton in that folder. Also, BBP textures if the mod has its own texture folder too.

i don't have a clue about editing mods lol, but since on the game BBP actually works fine outside of sex scene for those modded NPCs, can't i just somehow transfer those settings over to the sex scenes? or sex scene actually only loads basic values of those NPCs

Edit:

Helloes Arrok.

Ive finaly come around to writing up the idea I had in mind for a rather rough sex scene.

Ive added a "mood" word to each animation to give you a better idea of how the animation should look like

Also I am assuming that there is an intro animation(as seen in the missionary you made), 3 main animations and 1 ending animation.

Incase you havent seen the defeated pose enough that is mentioned in the starting animation, I made a few screenshots here so you can see and use it to re-create the pose.

Doggystyle Rough

Starting animation:

The starting pose of the female should be the same as the defeated one after a fight once you go below 10%(See sexis defeated plugin), the male character will grab the female by the hips and will pull her towards him.

As the pulling is being done, the female character will land on her stomache and try to claw herself to the ground or simply put her hands open on the ground trying to push herself forward/not get pulled back to him. A Nice addition would be if she tried that multiple times, aka would lose traction with her hands, lift em up and smash em down in order to try again. Kind of hard to explain, but Im sure youve seen a lot of horror movies where the victim would try not to get pulled back as shes layin on her stomache)

A good thing here would be to have the speed of him pulling her back and her being pulled back vary depending on her arm movement.

First animation:

At this point her legs should be close together, not wide open and she should be on her hands or arms. While at the same time the guy would have his hand pulling her hair(the positioning is debatable, especially as hairs dont have bones(or do they?)either way to have it most compatible to most hairstyles, it would be good if his hand was at the top back corner of her head, along with his body movement, her head and body should move as well, however due to his hand on her hair, her head should move slightly behind the rhytm of his thrusts.

Also noteworthy is that her head should be forced diagonally upwards, as if she was looking into the sun. As much as its possible at least without making it look like a circus :P.

Second animation:

In this animation her upper body should be on the ground, with her face lying on its side on the ground as well which should however move slightly as he thrusts away at her, also her legs should be wiiiide open, with his hands on her legs pulling her onto his dick with each thrust, so that her getting pulled back + him thrusting are in sync.(Kind of like that one awesome missionary animation you did, just the other way around)

Noteworthy should be that therefore her body would go "diagonally" down, which however means that due to the many different boob sizes ppl are using with CBBE or UNP that it could become tricky to not have it look weirdly.

Oh! and her arms should be laying on her side going towards him(but still, just laying there)

Third animation:

Here, her legs should be close again aka she should be on her knees, but to have it make more sense, his legs should be inbetween hers in terms positioning of her legs. Also she should be on her forearms(not hands).

While thrusting he should be slapping her butt, and with each slap she should be throwing her head up,

Finish animation:

For this one she should simply have her head upwards with him pulling her hair again, however he should make no thrusts at all and instead she should be the one thrusting her hips back n forth, of course in a rhytm that would make sense with an orgasm.

Sorry, I was returning a lot of PMs from modders. I skimmed it earlier, but it was detailed so I had to come back and read it.

I'm having a hard time visualizing so much detail,..but the overall idea seems like mithos animation. He did a really good job making it look forceful.  Mithos is a more experienced animator than me though. 

For the first animation is that supposed to be acyclic?  

Also, no hair bones. (I don't even load hair when animating, they are bald). Just a Head and neck bone.

It might be difficult to get a slap on the ass to look realistic, but it has crossed my mind in the past.

I may try this if I feel I can do it justice, but I probably wont be able to make it look as good as mithos did.

My honest opinion on an animation like this (with many little small details) is that its very difficult to animate with autokey.  You'd really need to use motion capture for it to appear non-mechanical (like your were saying alternate speeds).

When animating with autokey its best that most motion is at fixed intervals for the sake of organization and clarity. If you start forgeting you rotated a foot on frame 28, and calf on frame 32, and a thigh on frame 78. It can get difficult to remember where everything moves. 

Edit:

Helloes Arrok.

Doggystyle Rough

Starting animation:

First animation:

Second animation:

Third animation:

Finish animation:

Sorry, I was returning a lot of PMs from modders. I skimmed it earlier, but it was detailed so I had to come back and read it.

I'm having a hard time visualizing so much detail,..but the overall idea seems like mithos animation. He did a really good job making it look forceful.  Mithos is a more experienced animator than me though. 

For the first animation is that supposed to be acyclic?  

Also, no hair bones. (I don't even load hair when animating, they are bald). Just a Head and neck bone.

It might be difficult to get a slap on the ass to look realistic, but it has crossed my mind in the past.

I may try this if I feel I can do it justice, but I probably wont be able to make it look as good as mithos did.

My honest opinion on an animation like this (with many little small details) is that its very difficult to animate with autokey.  You'd really need to use motion capture for it to appear non-mechanical (like your were saying alternate speeds).

When animating with autokey its best that most motion is at fixed intervals for the sake of organization and clarity. If you start forgeting you rotated a foot on frame 28, and calf on frame 32, and a thigh on frame 78. It can get difficult to remember where everything moves. 

Its okay :P.

Which one is Mithos' btw? I just installed em all at once.

As for cyclic for the first animation uhh. Nope. That one animation(Im actually assuming that was Mithos, as it is a rape animation) has its first animation being an intro sequence, it does run twice, however Ive been assuming since I saw it that its just a time-thing, since the "intro" isnt long enough it plays twice, or maybe Im wrong there.

Unless by first animation you meant the one I actually called First animation(Kinda stupid of me as the "starting animation" is the first animation really).

Im confusing myself here.

Well, the very first animation I described which I called "starting animation", is not cyclic, the rest is. Phew <.< Ill write less confuzling next time

As for hair bones, thats what I was fearing~ but which is also why I mentioned making him just grab her "hair" at the top back corner.

Half-way into the skull so to say, It'd still look realistic as the front of his fingers would be below hair anyways. I think, maybe.

I may have said front of his fingers here, but I just mean fist. So nothing fancy, just having his fist at the back of her head.

And the spanking uhh, well, it doesnt have to be big slaps where he brings his hand from far above/beside his head to her butt. It can be small slaps, just not playful ones. As for realism, one can always tweak~

As for the alternate speeds, nothing wrong with trying? :P It doesnt have to alternate really, and it wouldnt have to go back n forth either, it would just be something to make more of a struggle in that scene. If the alternating speeds is too much of a hassle, it can just be 1 speed. It would just reduce the struggle a bit and make the scene a bit more "violent" as he completely overpowers her instead of just a bit.

2 Little edits here, for the starting animation, if it cant be set to just play once(like by having it simply go slower and therefore longer) and it does have to play twice like mithos' then theres a fix to still make it look real.

If instead of far away from each other the actors start up closer, aka the girl is already near his privates, she pushes herself forward(with her arms, just like i described in my post earlier) but he manages to pull her back after a half meter or so anyways.

The only "trick" here really is when shes getting pulled back again(which is nothing but the same animation played backwards), to make her arms not just replay in reverse order, but instead still play "forward" so to say.

That way the realism is still in, as that animation repeated twice will not make the actors "teleport" positions when the animation plays a second time, like it is in Mithos'

Gee, I sure am dropping the bomb on you :P

I hope I didnt kill your interest in it with this :P

is there a tutorial on how to make these animations ? 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15238

I know they say get 3ds max 2012,....but get 2011...

2011 is the lastest release that still supports havok content tools 2010.2 (2010.2 is the only version compatible with skyrim must be that version)

Xp2's tutorial is good for letting you know which setting to import with, and has links to the best videos to learn the basics of animation.

And here is Cherry Hotlings tutorial on getting BBP to export correctly,..you're also gonna need to download her mod on nexus for the animation rig, bone list .txt file, and her CHSBHC skeleton.

[spoiler=Cherry Hotling Tutorial (on her main description page on nexus)]------------------

Animation Creation Tutorial

------------------

Tools needed:

3ds max 2011 (Sorry its the only version i have)

Havok's 3ds max exporter http://www.havok.com/try-havok (Its free but you have to fill out some info)

Niftools 3dsmax plugin (Build created by figment) !Very important plugin! http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622 or here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3196&hilit=3ds+max+plugin#p21708 

Fallout mod manager or a BSA extract tool to extract the files out of the BSA files: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640 (The BSA browser is awesome and you can install this without having fallout installed just pick fallout 3 when you open the browser and browse to skyrim)

Hkxcmd tool for extracting animations from the game files (not for importing yet).

Skeleton Text file for havok (Included in this file)

3ds max Bone rig (included in this file) (A giant thank you goes out to SaidenStorm from the bethesda forums for helping me with the missing bone parameters in my 3dsmax file!!)

Ok fewwwwww thats a lot of tools!

Onwards.....

Steps: (assuming you installed all the tools above)

1) Open the fallout mod manager BSA Browser --> select fallout 3 fromt he popup --> Click the open button --> browse to Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data (Or wherever your Skyrim install is) --> click on the Animations.bsa --> click open

2) On the left pane click the + next to skyrim --> + Meshes --> + actors --> + character --> + animations --> Click on female

3) on the right pane click on the animation you want or Highlight a bunch of them and then click extract (dont click extract all) select a folder you want to extract to (I suggest you make a new one on your C: root drive if you havent already, it will make the next step easier(Steps below on what folders to make) ((Im using mt_idle.hkx as my example))) then click ok.

3a) For the steps above I recommend making a few NEW directories on your C: drive. Make the following:

C:\Skyrim , and C:\Skyrim\data . 

-Put the animation.hkx you extracted above into the C:\Skyrim\data folder.

-Put the Skeleton.hkx file that comes with my mod into the C:\Skyrim\data folder 

-Put the hkxcmd.exe tool in the C:\Skyrim folder.

4) Open a command window in windows 7 type cmd then enter in the start bar, other windows version then its: start --> run --> type in cmd then enter

5) in the command window type “cd ..” (without the quotes and keep typing “cd ..” until you get to just the C:\ prompt. 

6) Now type “cd Skyrim” (again without the quotes) you should now be in the C:\Skyrim directory that you copied the hkxcmd.exe into.

7) Now type(WITH the quotes this time): hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

7a) Ignore the warning message about bones not found, its why we did the step above, it creates the missing bones for you. Fancy huh?

8) This will create a new folder: C:\Skyrim\Data-out , You will find the animations you extracted to the C:\Skyrim\data (In step 3) now exported in the .kf format in the C:\Skyrim\Data-out directory which you can import into 3ds max.

9) Open 3Ds Max 2011 and open the 3dsmax bones file that was included with this package ("CHSBHC-Vx.x-Physics-Bone-T-Pose.max"). (Once loaded you should see a bunch of bones standing there staring at you ...... waiting)

9a) (Optional) You can import the mesh I modded that comes with this file so you can see whats going on with the animation. Click The 3ds max icon top left --> import --> Browse to the femalebody_1.nif (if you want to use that body shape) --> click ok --> UNCHECK cameras and UNCHECK import skeleton(Very important those 2 are unchecked) leave everything else thats already checked --> click import (The body should be imported and using the bones, yay!)

10) Import the new animation into 3ds max. Click the Max icon top left --> Import --> browse to the mt_idle.kf --> click import on the popup (Leave everything checked)

11) Animate! whooo hooo im animating, im animating! Dont forget the new Left Breast, Right Breast, Left Butt, and Right Butt bones! Move them around for whacky fun!

12) Now its time to export our animation with the havok plugin for 3dsmax (The save file has all the filter settings built in so no fretting!) Click the Disk icon on the Laft top of your screen (If you hover over it, it says export its left of the viewport name and near the Graphite modelling tools text or about an inch strait down from the 3ds max top left button)

13) In the Havok popup window under the Configuration set section click the dropdown and select Animations (if it isnt already selected)

14) click on the Create Skeletons text, this will populate the right pane with info. under where it says Build rigg on the right pane, make sure "from file is checked and "use file order" is checked. --> click on the ... next to the "From File" section and browse to my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" file that was included with this file.

15) click the Create Animations text in the Configuration section of the Havok popup --> on the right pane make sure "From File" is checked --> click the ... next to the "From File" area and select my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" again.

16) Click on the Write To Platform text under the Configuration section of the Havok window popup --> on the right pane under "Filename" click the ... --> Specify a new location and filename for your animation (in my case I used mt_idle.hkx !!VEry important you select a location to save in this step or you will get an error that it cannot save it!!)

17) Put your new shiney and polished animation in your "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female" (If it’s a female animation) folder and load the game!

Viola! your done!

Once you have done this the first time you only really have to do steps 10 - 17 from here on out to create your animations!

Have fun!!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888

is there a tutorial on how to make these animations ? 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15238

I know they say get 3ds max 2012,....but get 2011...

2011 is the lastest release that still supports havok content tools 2010.2 (2010.2 is the only version compatible with skyrim must be that version)

Xp2's tutorial is good for letting you know which setting to import with, and has links to the best videos to learn the basics of animation.

And here is Cherry Hotlings tutorial on getting BBP to export correctly,..you're also gonna need to download her mod on nexus for the animation rig, bone list .txt file, and her CHSBHC skeleton.

[spoiler=Cherry Hotling Tutorial (on her main description page on nexus)]------------------

Animation Creation Tutorial

------------------

Tools needed:

3ds max 2011 (Sorry its the only version i have)

Havok's 3ds max exporter http://www.havok.com/try-havok (Its free but you have to fill out some info)

Niftools 3dsmax plugin (Build created by figment) !Very important plugin! http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622 or here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3196&hilit=3ds+max+plugin#p21708 

Fallout mod manager or a BSA extract tool to extract the files out of the BSA files: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640 (The BSA browser is awesome and you can install this without having fallout installed just pick fallout 3 when you open the browser and browse to skyrim)

Hkxcmd tool for extracting animations from the game files (not for importing yet).

Skeleton Text file for havok (Included in this file)

3ds max Bone rig (included in this file) (A giant thank you goes out to SaidenStorm from the bethesda forums for helping me with the missing bone parameters in my 3dsmax file!!)

Ok fewwwwww thats a lot of tools!

Onwards.....

Steps: (assuming you installed all the tools above)

1) Open the fallout mod manager BSA Browser --> select fallout 3 fromt he popup --> Click the open button --> browse to Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data (Or wherever your Skyrim install is) --> click on the Animations.bsa --> click open

2) On the left pane click the + next to skyrim --> + Meshes --> + actors --> + character --> + animations --> Click on female

3) on the right pane click on the animation you want or Highlight a bunch of them and then click extract (dont click extract all) select a folder you want to extract to (I suggest you make a new one on your C: root drive if you havent already, it will make the next step easier(Steps below on what folders to make) ((Im using mt_idle.hkx as my example))) then click ok.

3a) For the steps above I recommend making a few NEW directories on your C: drive. Make the following:

C:\Skyrim , and C:\Skyrim\data . 

-Put the animation.hkx you extracted above into the C:\Skyrim\data folder.

-Put the Skeleton.hkx file that comes with my mod into the C:\Skyrim\data folder 

-Put the hkxcmd.exe tool in the C:\Skyrim folder.

4) Open a command window in windows 7 type cmd then enter in the start bar, other windows version then its: start --> run --> type in cmd then enter

5) in the command window type “cd ..” (without the quotes and keep typing “cd ..” until you get to just the C:\ prompt. 

6) Now type “cd Skyrim” (again without the quotes) you should now be in the C:\Skyrim directory that you copied the hkxcmd.exe into.

7) Now type(WITH the quotes this time): hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

7a) Ignore the warning message about bones not found, its why we did the step above, it creates the missing bones for you. Fancy huh?

8) This will create a new folder: C:\Skyrim\Data-out , You will find the animations you extracted to the C:\Skyrim\data (In step 3) now exported in the .kf format in the C:\Skyrim\Data-out directory which you can import into 3ds max.

9) Open 3Ds Max 2011 and open the 3dsmax bones file that was included with this package ("CHSBHC-Vx.x-Physics-Bone-T-Pose.max"). (Once loaded you should see a bunch of bones standing there staring at you ...... waiting)

9a) (Optional) You can import the mesh I modded that comes with this file so you can see whats going on with the animation. Click The 3ds max icon top left --> import --> Browse to the femalebody_1.nif (if you want to use that body shape) --> click ok --> UNCHECK cameras and UNCHECK import skeleton(Very important those 2 are unchecked) leave everything else thats already checked --> click import (The body should be imported and using the bones, yay!)

10) Import the new animation into 3ds max. Click the Max icon top left --> Import --> browse to the mt_idle.kf --> click import on the popup (Leave everything checked)

11) Animate! whooo hooo im animating, im animating! Dont forget the new Left Breast, Right Breast, Left Butt, and Right Butt bones! Move them around for whacky fun!

12) Now its time to export our animation with the havok plugin for 3dsmax (The save file has all the filter settings built in so no fretting!) Click the Disk icon on the Laft top of your screen (If you hover over it, it says export its left of the viewport name and near the Graphite modelling tools text or about an inch strait down from the 3ds max top left button)

13) In the Havok popup window under the Configuration set section click the dropdown and select Animations (if it isnt already selected)

14) click on the Create Skeletons text, this will populate the right pane with info. under where it says Build rigg on the right pane, make sure "from file is checked and "use file order" is checked. --> click on the ... next to the "From File" section and browse to my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" file that was included with this file.

15) click the Create Animations text in the Configuration section of the Havok popup --> on the right pane make sure "From File" is checked --> click the ... next to the "From File" area and select my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" again.

16) Click on the Write To Platform text under the Configuration section of the Havok window popup --> on the right pane under "Filename" click the ... --> Specify a new location and filename for your animation (in my case I used mt_idle.hkx !!VEry important you select a location to save in this step or you will get an error that it cannot save it!!)

17) Put your new shiney and polished animation in your "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female" (If it’s a female animation) folder and load the game!

Viola! your done!

Once you have done this the first time you only really have to do steps 10 - 17 from here on out to create your animations!

Have fun!!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888

How long exactly does it take really to learn how to animate?

I currently have a looooot of free time, most of the time Im sitting at home actually, so I wouldnt mind getting into animating myself.