Turn Based H-Combat (Mod Development)

What actions should be universal among classes?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What actions should be universal among classes? Note: Abilities that are NOT universal would STILL be part of some classes.

• Struggle - Struggle out of bindings, furniture, attackers, etc.
    • Free - Free an ally from Bindings, furniture, attackers, etc.
    • Hamper - Debuff an enemy, making their actions less likely succeed.
    • Help - Buff an ally, making their actions more likely to succeed.
    • Defend - Protect yourself, taking less damage or being more evasive
    • Spawn Furniture - Create a furniture object that an actor can be placed inside of
    • Lock in Furniture - Place another actor inside a piece of spawned furniture.
    • Seduce - Female actor charm male/creature actor into having sex

This poll is closed to new votes

Edit - I'm not updating this top level page as I post updates.  This page gives a good idea of the overview of the mod idea, but if you want to know how the mod is progressing and where it's currently at, I'd recommend reading (or skimming) the latest update I've posted.

Edit 2.0 - See latest posts for info on beta/etc.

I decided to make a Mod Development thread for a project I have been working on the past few days and will hopefully post up.  The idea is simple:  What if you changed Skyrim's game play to use a turn based combat system that also included sex/H-attacks.  This mod is based off of a system I made in one of my large, personal mods, that I am attempting to place into a mod of its own both for distribution and ease of handling.

Now, if you are thinking:
Why would you want to make Skyrim turnbased?

Why would you want to encourage H-Attacks?

Why don't you go and revive/work on some other mod you posted?

Then this likely isn't for you.  For the rest of you, if I have your attention now, I'll start talking a little bit about how it works (planned and current) and progress.

Background:

What is turn based combat?  Turn based combat essentially means that each side of the combat takes turns attacking in order.  It is a popular RPG style of combat.

What is an H-Attack?  I'm borrowing the term from Japanese hentai games for attacks that are sexual in nautre/etc (note, there is often an implication of non-consent in this.  Please leave non-consent in the game world where it belongs and don't bring it into reality)

Terms Glossary:
Actor - Any of the characters (player or NPC, ally or enemy)

TBC - Turn Based Combat

E"X" (I.e. E1) - Enemy Number X (i.e. Enemy 1)

PA"X" (i.e. PA1) - Player Ally X (i.e. Player Ally 1)

How it works in Skyrim (And what's implemented):

The player is able to select up to 4 NPCs to be their allys that will be brought into the Battle Zone with them (Implemented).

The Battle Zone is a separate world space/cell where the combat takes place (Implemented).

There can be up to 5 enemies (including creatures) that can fight against the player's party (Partially Implemented - Enemies are currently a statically chosen group for testing).

At the beginning of battle, each actor is randomly assigned a "rank"/"row" which is their starting position in combat and move to their position (Front, middle, or back). (Implemented, but ranks currently do nothing other than change where you stand).

The combat starts, and the first actor (default player) in the initiative takes their turn (Implemented, see below Screen shot).

Spoiler

20200905052242_1.jpg.4764c9fd82e2046d59fa597305678ec1.jpg

The options that an actor has varies depending on whether it is male, female, or a creature.  Because of my own preferences, only female characters can be the targets of H-attacks/sex attacks (Sorry to anyone who would prefer it else-wise, but it's not my can of soup and while I could make a bunch of conditionals to make it an option, I don't want to have to test it). There are a set of base options for what a character can do (with attached conditions - More attached conditionals will be added so that you can only choose applicable/available options) and several of these options have break out windows. (Partially Implemented - there are currently filler/stand in options and options that don't actually do anything).

Spoiler

20200905052348_1.jpg.4da66c7d1854665a8ec7c9fe0654f027.jpgFor many of the current events, the two actors involved (the aggressor and the defender) will move to the middle of the arena.  Shown above, a previously stripped bandit about to strip the player.

The combat then moves through the initiative order, allowing each actor to take a turn.  Currently, all turns are controlled by the player, but in the future there will be an option for having a simple AI play the players allies and enemy turns. The camera will switch to whichever actor is the active actor and follow them through their turn.  There is a global variable that makes some of the movement instant (warping, instead of moving into position) but it's not on all the packages (just common ones). (Partially Implemented - No AI yet)

In it's current form, there is no win condition as I am working on getting the in combat actions working and flowing well enough.

Combat Options Available by character type:
Male: Attack (Implemented), Heal (Unimplemented), Cast Spell (Unimplemented), Sexually Harass or Bind (Partially Implemented), Change Rank (implemented), Assist (partially implemented), Offer (Unimplemented), Enslave (Unimplemented), Surrender (Partially Implemented), and Pass Turn (Implemented).

Female: Attack (Implemented), Heal (Unimplemented), Cast Spell (Unimplemented), Sexually Harass or Bind (Partially Implemented), Change Rank (implemented), Struggle (partially implemented), Futa (placeholder), Submit (partially implemented), Apply Pheromones (Placeholder), and Pass Turn (Implemented)

Creature: Attack (Implemented), Sexually Harass or Bind (Partially Implemented), Change Rank (implemented), Creature Ability (Unimplemented), Surrender (Partially Implemented), Pass Turn (Implemented)

Attack, heal, and cast spell should be fairly straightforward as to what they do.  When an actor chooses to attack, a box pops up to allow them to select the enemy they wish to attack.  Note, I'm primarily covering Sex and Binding, but think of Submission as basically the self version, with most of the same options except instead of doing it to someone else the actor does it to themselves.

Sex and Binding:

What a lot of you probably care about.  There are currently 6 six things you can do here.

1) Strip - Armored/Clothed female characters can be stripped of said armor or clothing (Partially Implemented - Auto succeeds)

2) Bind - Equip a set of bondage gear/shackles to the defender.  A base outfit of gear using the ZAZ mod is provided, however there is (Currently one, future more) chests that can have a set of gear placed inside them that will be used instead (allowing you to customize different sets of binding). (Partially Implemented - Auto Succeeds) 

3) Spawn Furniture - Spawns a set of ZAZ furniture from a list of totally not randomly chosen items (i.e. pillories, wooden horse, etc) in one of the six available locations (Implemented)

4) Place In Furniture - Grabs a female actor and forces them to use a piece of unoccupied furniture (Partially Implemented - Auto Succeeds)

5) Rape - Self explanatory, see below section of "Sex Stages in the Mod" for more info (Partially Implemented - Auto succeeds)

6) Advance Rape - Moves the actors current sex scene forward one stage (Implemented)

Sex Stages in the Mod:

In order to give the mod that good old H-game feel, there are two somewhat unique things it does:
1) Sex stages during turn based combat will NOT auto advance.  When it gets to the turn of one of the actors involved in the sex, they will have the option to advance the scene (advancing it one stage). (Implemented)

2) If an actor attempts to have sex with a character currently in a scene, the currently ongoing sex will stop and a new scene with all of the previous actors plus the new actor will begin. (Implemented)

What do you mean "Auto Succeeds"?
Currently, all of the actions automatically succeed (or fail).  I am working on getting to the point of adding a chance based system for things to succeed or fail to the mod, and potentially adding in content for "degrees of success" (i.e. how well you succeed).  Currently, because of testing purposes and in progress status, everything just automatically succeeds, so certain features that are otherwise implemented may be marked with partially implemented instead.

Binding Stages:

One of the ideas of the mod is "binding stages", or basically the level of locked down that a female actor is (with it becoming harder to defend and having less access to action types the more locked down she is).  The stages currently go:
Base (Clothed/Armored) -> Stripped (Naked) -> Bound (Bondage gear) -> Locked in Furniture

Currently, this doesn't do much but I plan on having it impact more things in the future.

Assist:

Male characters (and currently only male characters) can assist their female companions in combat.  This allows them to help break them out of sticky situations.  Currently, it is set up so that they will remove the worst condition a female character is suffering from (i.e. freeing them from a piece of furniture, or removing their bondage gear).  Future plans to have them also be able to "rescue" characters getting raped by removing rapists from the pile.

Struggle:

Currently Unimplemented, but planned to be a percent chance for characters to break out of furniture, bindings, and sex.

Surrender:

Sometimes you're just done fighting.  Other times, you realize that the time may be right to try and change sides.  There are currently three options here:

Surrendering - Marks the actor essentially as Incapacitated/Ignore (Unimplemented)

Change Sides - The actor decides it's time to join the winning side and switches over (Implemented)

Betrayal - Like changing sides, except betrays an ally before hand, leaving their original side in an even more difficult position (Partially Implemented)

Victory and Defeat:

I'm planning for something like an all down, with characters having multiple ways of being incapacitated (No Hit Points, Sexed Out, Locked Up, Surrendered, etc).  Currently None of this is tracked as I'm working on getting the combat system itself worked out (so, yes, combats never end).

These are some of the major points, including things that are implemented and being worked on.  

To Do:

-Lots of things

-Get some sleep

Community Input/Feedback:

If you've got ideas/feedback, or just are really interested in actually seeing a published version of this mod, let me know.  

Want to contribute?

Are you sitting there thinking, "Man, this looks great, I want to help make this a reality!" and have an idea on how you can help?  Let me know.  I'm always happy to accept help working on the mod.

Can ... Can I trust you?  You've hurt me before.

Listen, I know what you're probably thinking ... and the answer is I probably wouldn't trust me.  But this is also something I want for my own personal use, so I wouldn't say there is definitely a chance it's get, at least, complete "enough".

Edited by fingerscrossed

This could have some interesting applications in Skyrim. 

The first thing that came to my mind was that it could be implemented as an assault resolution mini-game.

I frequently see people mentioning that in some city rape situations they are not given an opportunity to resist or fight back. The problem is (as mods like aroused rape demonstrate) starting a fight in cities is messy and will often glitch into a knockdown drag out city wide battle claiming the lives of every non-essential NPC in the town. 

But if your attackers and you could be spirited away to some mini-game arena to settle the conflict... that might be something to look into.   

Sounds super interesting. The more I bounce in between sexed up Skyrim/Fallout and run of the mill hrpg the more I feel like a turn base system is way more fitting for our degenerative activities!

The changing side and betrayal sounds interesting, but it seems like something that will need to be set up (maybe as a chance) beforehand, and will need to have relevant aftermath consequences after combat ends. Both of these things seems to need some kind of hook from another mod.

I think it would be interesting to allow female ally to assist another female ally who is in sticky situation as well.

8 hours ago, Corsayr said:

This could have some interesting applications in Skyrim. 

The first thing that came to my mind was that it could be implemented as an assault resolution mini-game.

I frequently see people mentioning that in some city rape situations they are not given an opportunity to resist or fight back. The problem is (as mods like aroused rape demonstrate) starting a fight in cities is messy and will often glitch into a knockdown drag out city wide battle claiming the lives of every non-essential NPC in the town. 

But if your attackers and you could be spirited away to some mini-game arena to settle the conflict... that might be something to look into.   

That could be a good case for it.  Once it's complete enough, I plan on including ways of starting combats (potentially in a way other mods could begin one as well) with some amount of control.  Since, currently, there's no actual "fighting" and everything takes place in a separate space, everything should be pretty clean in terms of not causing the mass extinction of entire towns.

1 hour ago, afa said:

Sounds super interesting. The more I bounce in between sexed up Skyrim/Fallout and run of the mill hrpg the more I feel like a turn base system is way more fitting for our degenerative activities!

The changing side and betrayal sounds interesting, but it seems like something that will need to be set up (maybe as a chance) beforehand, and will need to have relevant aftermath consequences after combat ends. Both of these things seems to need some kind of hook from another mod.

I think it would be interesting to allow female ally to assist another female ally who is in sticky situation as well.

So, two things here:  I anticipate betrayal being something that's a low chance (but maybe higher for some NPCs) in terms of AI behavior.  Like, a bandit who's team is getting stomped by the collective might of the companions trying to defect to save his own hide would have a much higher chance than, say, Aela deciding she's had enough of your shit and trying to sell you to bandits.  In terms of after action effects, I full heartedly agree that there would need to/should be something, but what exactly (or the options therein) may be outside the scope of the mod and handled by exterior plug-ins or other mods.

I am likely going to have female allies able to assist each other.  The reason they can't right now is due to a space limitation: There can only be 10 choices on a given message box.  As mentioned in my original post , this is a breakout/standalone version of something I created in a personal mod and in that mod there were some specific options (i.e. the futa/pheromones) that took up spots.  These will likely be removed or relegated elsewhere, freeing up top level space for females having the assist action.

Now, some updates:

I've been working on this more today.  There has been a lot of backend that, while I could explain, wouldn't mean anything to most people but the end result of it is a more compact and robust backend/framework that also doesn't need me to update as many individual boxes and values each time.  Additionally, targeting and box information has been updated.  Now, they look like below where the initial box where you select an action tells you who each of the actors is (Note that you can NOT propagate Alias names to buttons, only in the message box).  There's also a character limit, which is why I can't show all information on this page ....

Spoiler

20200905190649_1.jpg.b7ef6a8f15ca38b01f56cd08d82d9288.jpg

When you select an action that takes a target, there is now updated code for determining which targets are proper/valid (With some set-able options that will hopefully, one day, be in an MCM and not just global variables I know the address of) and then it pops you over to target selection.  There are two different panels you can switch between for target selection for:

Actors that started combat as a player ally
Actors that started combat as a player enemy

On the related panel for each, it shows their reference, name, health, and stamina.  At the bottom of the panel, it shows any eligible actors for your current action (In the below example, it is the player attempting to attack.  The ability to attack allied actors is disabled, so you can see that only the enemies are viable targets).

Spoiler

20200905190702_1.jpg.aea470998a9d518a8007e1cd34974835.jpg

20200905190709_1.jpg.873913e7817026b26f2821d7ec53711e.jpg

The actions still don't update the numbers (i.e. dealing damage) but that might be the next thing (or one of the next things) I work on.  The general idea is:

Characters with 0 HP are incapacitated

Character with 0 Stamina are incapacitated

Sex attacks (and having sex) likely is going to deal stamina damage (maybe some health damage too?  Maybe traits actors can get to deal both? Still deciding on some of this).

Writing this, I realize that I actually should rewrite (again) some of the code I made earlier today to make it both sleeker and better moving forward (particularly increasing the use of arrays for some things).  

(Potentially) Major Issue:

When I started working on this, I needed a cell to use for the combat zone.  I selected a cell that's basically a throwaway (not actually used in game) and copied it, then went about modifying it.  I accidentally made all of my changes to the base cell, rather than the copy.  Some other modders store random things in the cell, so I need to reduplicate the cell, but this would break all of my references/pointers to things in the cell and will probably take me a ... significant amount of annoying grunt work to fix that I don't really want to do.  Arguably this is my own fault for not doubling checking the cell I was using, but I'd prefer not to take responsibility for my carelessness and instead blame other modders who leave things lying about in test cells.

This isn't actually a major issue, I just don't really want to have to do it.

I'm planning to work on this some more tonight, might post an update depending on how things go.

Another update, as I've been working on this:

Fixed:

- Cell for battlezone is now an appropriate stand alone cell and all of the references (that I've found) have been rerouted to their new appropriate targets.  Let's not make a mistake like that again.

- A lot of code clean up, making things more space efficient (and hopefully processing efficient).  If you are wondering why this was necessary, I currently have two sets of function scripts and had previously hit character limit on both.  I've made a bit of space (Both being sleeker than before and adding a lot of new things), but it's looking like I'm probably going to need a third and a better way of decided what function goes where.

New since last update:

- People can do damage now!  Currently damage for creatures is based off of their unarmed damage and for other actors its based off of the damage of the equipped weapon.  The main issue here, though, is that the damage looks to be too low.  This could, however, have a lot to do with the characters I am using to test this (a level 80ish player).

- Actions have a chance to fail! Success rate is based off of a base number (currently 50), with bonuses applied for varying circumstances.  (See Success Rates below if you are interested in how it's work at the moment and want to potentially contribute your 2 septims).  Note:  There is a variable that can be set to make everything auto succeed again.

- Female characters can provide assistance to other females!  Depending on settings, you can even help enemy females out if you do not believe that they should be subject to such conditions.

- Improved action selection!  You are now significantly less able to select actions that you can't currently take.

- Improved target selection!  There is now better code for determining what targets are viable for your action, and some variables that can set to determine if the list should be expanded (Currently set base for "Can't perform regular hostile actions on allies" and "CAN perform sexual actions on allies" because with some (hopefully future) implementation, there could be much more purpose in doing so)

Coming Soon (Maybe):

- Setting incapacitation (and maybe turning idle to bleedout state) for actors below a certain HP, (This only isn't done because of the "setting bleedout" thing and needing to look into best way to do it, which is sadly, probably, making another batch of packages that is time consuming)

- Add ability to execute incapacitated actors (maybe? Maybe an option?)

- Add ability to deal stamina damage

- Work on math for Stamina Damage (See Stamina Damage section below for current thoughts to contribute your 2 septims)

- Add missing actions (spells and healing being the large ones)

- Add a system for redressing after being stripped 

- Add ability for aggressor to bail out of sex

- Add sex to list of "Assist Against" and "Struggle off" ailments

Success Rates:

Okay, so I'll take a moment to talk about actions and success rates.  First, and importantly, all of this is set up with the numbers being variables, so that they could be tweaked user end at a later day, but here are what the variables currently are (I'll explain how they all interact in a moment):

Base Chance (BC) - 50% - The base chance of success checked against a random d100 roll, modified by other values.

Naked Chance (NC) - 20% - This is applied as a penalty when attempting to bind a non-stripped target and a bonus when attempting to bind a stripped target

Bound Chance (BdC) - 20% - This is applied as a bonus on relevant actions against bound targets

Furniture Chance (FC) - 50% - This is applied as a bonus on relevant actions against targets in furniture

Maximum Level Difference (LvlDiff) - 35% - This is applied as a bonus if the attacker is higher level than the defender.  The bonus applied is the difference between the two levels, with a maximum of (currently) 35%

FemalePenalty (FemPen) - 20% - This one might be a bit confusing, but it is essentially a number to make it easier to target female characters and harder for female characters to target others.  This is a balance and testing thing at the moment, and it may be 0% normally (with an option to modify it) on release.  It makes female charactrers slightly weaker (in most regards) to their male counterparts, but this is in part balanced out by the fact that, at current implementation, sex is really powerful crowd control.

When an action is taken, it's sent to a function that tries to determine whether it's successful.  As an example, an attack roll would look like rolling a d100 and comparing it to the value:

BC + BdC + FC + LvlDiff + FemPen

Though only applicable bonuses would apply.  I'll give two examples:

First, a male actor is attacking a bound female target, who is not in a piece of furniture, that he is 10 levels higher than:

BC (50) + BdC (20 because Boudn) + FC (0 - Not in Furniture) + LvlDiff (10, he is 10 levels higher) + FemPen (20 - He is Not Female attacking a Female) = Total (100)

In this instance, he would have a 100% chance to succeed.

Second, a female actor attacks an unbound female that is 10 levels higher than them:

BC (50) + BdC (0 - Not Bound) + FC(0 - Not in Furniture) + LvlDiff (0 -There is no penalty for being lower level) + FemPen (0 - Both actors female) = Total (50)

In this instance there would be a 50% chance to succeed.

The calculations for different types of events are slightly different, but this should give a general idea.  The numbers will likely require some tweaking as well to find a set of good base values.

Stamina Damage:

As I have been testing, one thing I have found in the Implementation is that, physical damage is relatively low (and may need a boost), but Sex can be great at crowd control.  Because of the way that stages can only be progressed by actors in the animation, this means that tactically there are a few options:
1) Trying to advance as quickly as possible (usually the aggressor wants to do this, since the aggressor will deal more stamina damage on completion and it will give less time for the target/victim to attempt to struggle free)

2) Trying to slow roll the event (Could be either side, locks up the actors in the animation from doing other things)

Since, during sex, the actors involved can't do much else, it is looking like a really good option for locking down actors from attacking, healing, etc, it has kind of some interesting (not necessarily bad) balancing concerns.  

Perks:

I'd like to add some perks/abilities that impact the turn based combat, but I'm not entirely certain how I want to do it.  Ideally, there would be more perks/abilities than you could have on a single character, so that unlike normal skyrim you'd have to choose what you want on each character.  Maybe something like each character can have up to 5, or something.  I'm not sure the best implementation on this, though, since because of the above I don't really want to put them on the perk tree, but I'd like there to be some requirement to unlock them for either the PC or their allies.

Some examples of things I'm looking at:
Double Jointed - Increase chance to Struggle out of bondage or furniture by XX%

Femme Fatale: Increase chance of success against Male targets by XX%

Hard Hitter: Increase melee damage by XX%

Conditioned: Decrease stamina damage from sex by XX%

Quick Hands: When stripping a target, remove X extra pieces of clothing/armor (in an alternate to current system where you don't strip everything at once)

These are just some rough examples, but I think something along this line could be interesting for building a party with more set/diversified roles.

Any thoughts on Success Rates, Stamina Damage, and Perks while they are still being developed is appreciated.  Once the initial design is locked in, I'm going to be unlikely to want to change things too drastically (unless they just plum don't work) so early feedback is definitely better.

Beta When?:

I might put one out once I am actually at the point of combats being fully resolvable, which is closer today than it was yesterday.

Time for another update?  I suppose so.  I've been finding that writing these at the end of the day helps organize some of my thoughts even if no one is reading them.

Fixed: 

-A lot of things.  I actually got through pretty much an entire combat (okay, it was most of a combat until another mod triggered an event ruining everything, but pretty much all the functionality currently in got tested and only, like, one really weird thing happened.  I consider that a good amount of progress).

- Empty slots no longer break the combat in unpredictable ways (and, as far as I've seen, not in predictable ways either.)

- NPCs less likely to talk during the combats

Added:

- Better damage calculations (Now takes into account the attackers skill with the weapon when calculating damage, and 1 handed weapons have a chance to multi-strike based on the attackers weapon skill - This is because, with the way damage is currently calculated, 2hand weapons pretty much just end up being better without it since they are higher base damage and the stamina/etc costs aren't a thing)

- Ability to add a randomize damage roll (when active, the damage on an attack with range between 50%-150% of the value)

- Going to 0 or negative HP puts an actor incapcacitated.  They move to the backrow, become an invalid target for more attacks (why beat a man when he's down?) and currently stand in "stealth" stance to differentiate (though, ideally, it'd send them to bleedout idle or something)

- Stamina damage when involved in sex! See below for current thoughts and ruminations 

- Going to 0 or negative stamina adds an "exhausted" penalty to the actor (currently doesn't do anything)

- Healing basic action added (Needs more conditionals and options - Looking at two branching paths for healing, healing with a spell or with a potion)

- Now keeps better track of if legal targets are available when showing options (i.e. won't show you the "strip" option if all eligible actors are already naked

Coming Soon (Maybe):

- Exhaustion doing something

- Casting some spells

- Initial simplistic AI so player isn't controlling all actors

- Start of perk system

- Sex damage re-balancing?

- Ability to struggle out of, and assist actors out of, sex (No, seriously, why haven't I put this in yet?  I keep thinking I need to add it and forgetting)

- Ability for combat to be "Won"

- Armor vs damage?  Maybe roll it into hit/miss chance as well to make Heavy armor not once again strictly superior?

- Redress system

- Degree of Success system because stripping and sex are too powerful?

Stamina Damage:

So, currently of the two stats used are stamina and health (magicka will probably have some place later with spells).  Health is of course being smacked in the face (derp) but Stamina right now is only depleted during sex.  Here's how it currently works:

1) Actors get involved in sex, and are now having sex 

2) When one of those actors comes up in the initiative order, all actors in the sex scene take an amount of Stamina damage.

3) Actors have potentially a few options here, main ones being either "advance" the scene or "pass" and let the scene continuing playing out

4) When the scene advances through all stages, it ends, and all actors in the scene take a larger amount of stamina damage.

I am considering adding damage on scene advance as well, with potentially different amounts of damage being how the scene is attempted to be advanced (i.e. if a victim is advancing it submissively, attempting to take control, or an aggressor is trying to do it more or less aggressively).

Currently, damage looks like:
Damage per turn of actor involved for Aggressors (non-victim): 2

Damage per turn of actor involved for Victims: 5

Damage at end for Aggressors (non-victim): 20

Damage at end for Victims (non-victim): 50

The damage is probably too skewed against Victims.  Additionally, I'm looking to add a penalty to damage the Victim takes based on the number of aggressors (i.e. something like each aggressor deals 50% extra damage, or something like that).

What may need to happen is having the base damage (particularly for ending) scaled lower, and then have a way for increasing the damage dynamically based on some stats of the attackers/defenders.  I bring this up because most of my testing has been done with high level PC and followers, so the numbers may need to be adjusted.

Initial AI plans:

I may start working on some AI for NPCs and potentially play allies taking their own turns.  I've been thinking a lot about how to best do this, and at the moment my thought is to create a set of "personality" spells/perks that get attached to NPCs that help inform their decision making.  Some examples/ideas:

Loyal - Won't betray friends/allies (Ex: The Companions)

Treacherous - Will happily attempt to jump ship given an opportunity (Ex: That bandit that you picked up and are making carrying your luggage before you turn him over to the guards)

Helpful - Has a high priority for assisting allies

Selfish - Even if there is a higher chance or potentially better option to assist an ally, they watch out for themselves (I know you're getting raped, but that last hit knocked my helmet off.  You can suck it up for a bit)

Aggressive - Prefers attacking or other aggressive actions over other actions (The best defense is a good offense)

Lazy - Has a penchant for passing the turn unless there's something pressing going on (You've got this ...)

Horny - I wonder what this does ...

And so on.

Then there'd be a probabilistic case structure that it would run through to determine what the NPC does based on a set of personality traits and the current state of the battle.  Probably at the start doing some base stock of "What options are available", doing some random rolls, and then using all of that to determine what the NPC does.  This is probably going to start relatively simple and then ramp up in complexity quickly the more options become available.

Sex too stronk?:

Today's testing has shown that, at the end of the day, sex may be too stronk in the current system.  This is particularly true in the case of:

- A party is all female 

- An all or predominately female party is outnumbered

While it is partially intended that it is "harder" for female characters (i.e. there are more bad things that can be done to them) in this system, it's currently pretty easy to get locked out of being able to do much or anything.  Particularly if female characters get outnumbered.  It becomes pretty easy if the NPCs are in a rape mood for them to, well, essentially lock the female actor in a never ending cycle of getting screwed.  Adding the ability to struggle out of rape would help with this, but it only helps so much.

My initial inclination at this point is four things:

1) Adjust some odds to potentially make this, essentially permanent disable, less likely (maybe adjust struggle chances)

2) Add a stunned condition, with aggressors being stunned for 1 round of afterglow after finishing up giving the victim a chance to reestablish themselves

3) Add a system for make the stripping/binding of an actor potentially take longer (see Degrees of Success) and be more defend-able against.

4) Encourage female adventurers to bring a big strong man with them

It's probably going to need to be some combination of things here.  While #4 is mostly a joke (since you should be able to adventure with your female only party with at least some success, it does seem like the sort of thing that could be used in game for some events.

Degrees of Success:

As I've mentioned in a previous, I've been using a chance system now that is essentially a d100 system.  Whenever a check needs to be made (such as an attack, a chance to strip, etc) a random number between 1 and 100 is generated and a target value is set for success (pending on a lot of things).  Currently, this is a binary check.  If the value rolled is lower than or equal to the chance, it succeeds, otherwise it fails.

Degrees of Success is a method used in some RPG systems to show how well you succeeded at something.  For this system it would probably be 1 degree of success for every 10 lower than the target your roll is.  For example:

D100 roll = 30

Target = 65

Check passes with 3 ( floor(((65-30/10)))) degrees of success.

Where this becomes useful is in doing things more gradually.  For example, say, stripping a target character naked.  Instead of "I succeeded, so there goes all of your clothing" you could strip a number of armor pieces/clothing equal to 1+ degrees of success.  Using the above example, it would strip 4 pieces.  Similarly, you could do the same thing with binding an actor, placing 1 + Degrees of success constraints instead of all of them in a set.  Adding in a system for redressing and a similar system for removing and struggling off restraints and you can start having it potentially take longer to get to the "Sex Locked" state I mentioned previously (Basically, a female character completely bound getting repeatedly raped due to the relatively easy skill chance to rape a bound target).

Any feedback/thoughts on how much stamina damage sex should deal, whether losing all of your endurance should be a "knockout" or something more like a "penalty and stamina damage now hits HP", whether Degrees of Success sound like a good addition or too much complication, and what one thing you'd absolutely love to be able to do that I haven't mentioned would be appreciated.

Beta ...?:

Closer than I actually expected.  There's basically just a few things hat need to get done before putting out a beta (Adding a MCM so a regular user can see the config options since I control a lot of things through GlobalVariables you wouldn't know, adding the ability for a combat to be "resolved" so you don't get stuck in it forever (whether or not the resolution does anything in beta stage),adding some of the last missing options such as casting, and making sure there's no where in the menu you can get "stuck").  Maybe sometime next week depending on how things go and how much time I've got for it.

Another update.  Probably going to make this one a bit shorter.

Fixed:

- Lots of code clean up and changes to make it run better

- As per above, some changes to make running far less likely to fail out (currently it doesn't on any of the buttons)

- Actually able to properly struggle out of sex, and assist actors in sex (pulling an actor out of the dogpile)

Added:

- Creatures now share significantly more actions with regular characters (can now cast, heal, and assist)

- Weapon damage tweaks, adding a level component to dealing damage

- When stamina is depleted (i.e. from sex) you now take damage to your HP equal to double the damage you would take to stamina.

- In the test area there are nine female mannequins.  By equipped these female mannequins, you can make custom sets of bindings/bondage/clothes that are equipped on "bound" actors with using custom outfits enabled. When targeting an actor to bind, it will pop a box asking which outfit set you want to use.

- Probably some other things I'm missing

Major Milestone?:
I was almost able to run a near entire combat to a "one side all down" situation.  This is pretty encouraging.  The combats do seem to go a bit slowly, though.

Major Bugs:

I've been experience two crashes.  One of which seems to be tied to a graphical glitch (I think maybe with a piece of furniture).  The other has happened when hitting escape to open up the menu.  The first I'm not sure if it's just my unstable Skyrim install being, well, unstable.  The second is a similar situation, though I may need to investigate more.  I **think** the second may have to do with going into menu when you are camera locked on an actor that isn't the PC (mod camera moves to current actor) but that could be wrong.  Needs more investigation.  This could also maybe have to do with having multiple Sexlab animations running, but I don't think so.

AI Start?
I've started working a little bit on the basic AI.  There's, luckily, a certain amount of flowcharting that can happen (i.e. if you are having sex, your options are pretty limited - Keep progressing sex, struggle out of sex, or pass and let things happen) so we'll see how that goes in terms of getting the NPCs to play themselves in some kind of reasonable way.

Casting when?
Casting looks to be a pain to implement, because any spell I want the actors to cast may need to have an entirely new form made that makes it as non-detrimental so that I don't risk someone casting it and starting a fight.  It's mostly just looking to be time consuming more than anything.

Other Mod Issues:

I ran into a few issues today based on other mods I have installed (and have now deactivated).  Basically, if you run a mod that randomly starts sex, it's going to break this due to the large amount of scripting.  it might only break it in a slight way, but it's likely to break it the mod pretty badly if it randomly starts sex while a combat is happening.

Beta?

The mod is actually at a point that someone could probably take it and, with minimal instruction, be able to run the kind of "test encounter" I have set up.  It is, however, still missing a lot of features (and combat still doesn't exit).  Still unsure of when I'll post an official beta version, but it's getting closer.  It could be helpful having 1 or 2 testers (with a good amount of Skyrim/Modding know how) do some beta testing and see what bugs/issues come up for them (and if the CTDs are just my buggy, unstable Skyrim or crashes for everyone).

You keep complaining about your Skyrim being buggy and unstable.  Why don't you just reinstall?

I'm planning on it!  But I'm also trying to get some of my personal mods worked out and compartmentalized before I do so that they aren't, like so many I've made before and sometimes miss, lost to the ether when I inevitably fail to get everything properly backed up.

Do you think anyone is actually reading these?
Probably not!  There's too much text and most people probably don't care that much since it isn't released yet.  If I made a video of the mod in action, it would probably spark some interest, though.

Looks like it is progressing.

I am not sure if the chance of success calculation is too complicated or not complicated enough. I don't think all actions should have the same chance of success. I guess you can kind of tweak that with perks maybe for the attackers and defenders. I think there should be some sort of tendency for actors similar to your AI ideas, but maybe more dynamic such as tendency to do sex attacks base on target's state of dress/bound/furniture.

Also how are furnitures handle exactly? Is it just one of the attacks/abilities attacker has at all times? I kind of envision it as something that can exist in the battle cell and attackers might choose to engage with it.

While I understand the logic of pulling actor out of combat during incapacitate state I could also easily see incapacitated actors being easy prey for sex attacks. Furthermore does a revive action/mechanic exist or planned?

I am getting the impression that stamina is basically the "sex health bar" maybe it can be use for determining success chance and/or be use as a resource for attacking with or defending against sex attacks.

While we are at it, you mention an afterglow concept for actors who are "finished" with a sex sequence, do you see some kind of implementation of a "pleasure"/"satisfy" stat that dictates actors might hold off sex attacks for a while or victim might be stunned as well. I feel like this is getting into the status effects portion of turn base combat. Which can further be augment by perks such as having actors who are always ready for more so to speak?

Degree of success sounds like a critical chance for non normal attacks, i.e. sex base attacks. perhaps it should be view as such?

I haven't seen it in action, but the concept of getting outnumbered being dangerous sort of makes sense? Personally I would say the PC party should have about 3 to 4 people, and with the system maximum of 5 for the enemy team I don't know how big of a difference that is.

10 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I read it ?

???

8 hours ago, afa said:

Looks like it is progressing.

I am not sure if the chance of success calculation is too complicated or not complicated enough. I don't think all actions should have the same chance of success. I guess you can kind of tweak that with perks maybe for the attackers and defenders. I think there should be some sort of tendency for actors similar to your AI ideas, but maybe more dynamic such as tendency to do sex attacks base on target's state of dress/bound/furniture.

Also how are furnitures handle exactly? Is it just one of the attacks/abilities attacker has at all times? I kind of envision it as something that can exist in the battle cell and attackers might choose to engage with it.

While I understand the logic of pulling actor out of combat during incapacitate state I could also easily see incapacitated actors being easy prey for sex attacks. Furthermore does a revive action/mechanic exist or planned?

I am getting the impression that stamina is basically the "sex health bar" maybe it can be use for determining success chance and/or be use as a resource for attacking with or defending against sex attacks.

While we are at it, you mention an afterglow concept for actors who are "finished" with a sex sequence, do you see some kind of implementation of a "pleasure"/"satisfy" stat that dictates actors might hold off sex attacks for a while or victim might be stunned as well. I feel like this is getting into the status effects portion of turn base combat. Which can further be augment by perks such as having actors who are always ready for more so to speak?

Degree of success sounds like a critical chance for non normal attacks, i.e. sex base attacks. perhaps it should be view as such?

I haven't seen it in action, but the concept of getting outnumbered being dangerous sort of makes sense? Personally I would say the PC party should have about 3 to 4 people, and with the system maximum of 5 for the enemy team I don't know how big of a difference that is.

Chance of Success

Yeah, chance of success is a bit hard.  Having played around with it some in game, it does seem like a better alternative to the current system (base chance for everything is the same) is to have separate base chances for different.  I was planning on looking into adding perks in the future that would effect specific types of actions, so for example it might check and see if an attacker as the "accurate" perk, or a defender has "evasive" when trying to launch an attack and modify the rolls accordingly.

I'll talk about AI plans a bit below.

Furniture is currently handled like this:  At the start of the fight, there are 6 empty locations that a piece of furniture could be placed.  On an actors turn, if it's not otherwise engaged/bound/restricted, it can place down a piece of furniture at the first available location.  This furniture is chosen from a hastily compiled list of pillories/etc.  Once the furniture is down, an actor can take a turn to attempt to place another actor into the furniture (or, if they want to, place themself into the furniture).  This method has a few potential issues:

1) It takes an actor a turn to place a piece of furniture, which may/may not be a problem depending on your view, since being locked in furniture is currently one of the harder situations to struggle out of.

2) Furniture is selected randomly from a list rather than feeling "integrated" into the environment

3) Because furniture is placed and not originally there, it's not navmeshed and so movement can get dumb around it.

This, in part, comes back to the idea of "it would be great if there were multiple combat zones with different looks/environments and interactables" but because of the heavy scripting this seems like it would be a right pain.  Basically, all the packages would need to be redone and made specific to that zone, and there are a lot of them.  Some of the work might be able to be reusable based on some clever use of keywords and conditions, and lots of referencealias, but for the most part it seems like this would be a lot of just straight duplication.  Not that it isn't an end goal, necessarily, just that it's part of the reason I have the list (to give a bit of variety).

It would be great to have multiple different combat zones though (Dungeon, Draugr Crypt, City streets, bandit camp, etc.) with each having different looks and maybe different environmental items you can interact with.

Incapacitated State: 
I think I glossed over or didn't mention it, but currently the only things the Incapacitated blocks are the actor taking their turn and the actor being targeted by the attack action.  You can still perform the full array of sex acts on an incapacitated actor.  When the system gets a bit more fleshed out in terms of AI/etc, you may even be able to try and encourage enemies to spend their time having sex with an incapacitated ally (looking at some kind of pheromone buff/debuff maybe) rather than really contributing to the rest of the combat (If they didn't want that, they should have gone incapacitated, you know?).  

Additionally, in the current form, you can heal an actor back from incapacitation.  It might be that separate potions/spells/etc than regular healing in the future will be required for that, but right now as long as you go back to positive HP you'll have the incapacitation debuff removed.

Stamina:
Stamina is currently pretty much just the sex health bar.  Maybe it should be reworked and used other places as well, but I was looking for something that could be tied back directly to base game stats.  Maybe Stamina could do both as well.  I'll have to think about it.

Afterglow:

Right now it's just, essentially, "Males stunned for 1 turn after sex" which is in large part to give female actors a better chance of recollecting themselves.  I am considering adding more status effects and similar things (maybe, as mentioned, applying an additional status that greatly decreases the actors interest in sex that decays over a few turns, making them more likely to do other things).

Degrees of Success:

It could be used for both regular attack (higher degrees -> more damage) and sex attacks, but it does start getting into a lot of passing and potentially having fights drag on a lot if the rolls are bad etc.  One of the things I'm currently thinking of is, rather than use Degrees of Success, have a flat amount that some of these things cover.  Using binding/applying restraints as an example:

If you succeed, you apply up to 2 restraints (items with either the ZBFWornDevice keyword or similar Keyword for like DD - Maybe make a keyword for the mod that can be dynamically attached?) and up to 2 cosmetic items (So you aren't necessarily penalized for adding cosmetic items like jewelry, piercings, etc to your bondage outfits)

When the check runs, it finds the 2 items of each that are lowest on the list and equips them and, if all restraints are equipped, flags the target as being "bound".  If the target is only partially equipped, maybe sets the target as "partially bound" or something.

Still working a bit on this, but I think I like it better than degrees of success.  Could also play naturally with perks for things like "Equip X extra restraints" or "Strip X extra items"

Battle size:

This is interesting and difficult because there is, in a lot of ways, less control over the strength of NPCs in Skyrim compared to the player without mods interacting/interfering.  One of my big concerns is low level PCs, especially those without many allies, getting absolutely wrecked by NPCs.  But, maybe it isn't a huge deal as well.  Originally, the main reason it was 5v5 was legacy reasons and also message boxes only have 10 capacity, so it fit nicely.  I've switched how somethings are done, so theoretically sizes could be different.  Each side could, theoretically, go up to 8.  There may be some merit for that for NPCs (the whole swarms of low level enemies) but on the PC end it wouldn't make much sense.

One of the other reasons for the 10 NPCs in 5v5 is that currently initiative is a set turn order (Always goes: Player, E1, E2, PA1, PA2, E3, E4, PA3, PA4, E5, back to player).  As you increase the number of enemies relative to the number of PCs, you start getting longer spans where only one side is acting.  This may not be an issue, but was a consideration.

I kind of like the idea of having player party be capped at 4 and Enemy party being capped at 8, but changing sizes would also result in me needing to redo positioning, particularly for enemies.  Actually, this could interestingly play into a simplification/change in positioning, where there's essentially 4 rows, 2 columns (front/back), and if you have an actor in front of you it can help protect/shield you. Hmm ... that might work well.  Either way, having PC party be capped at 4 and Enemies at 5+ would make it so challenge would likely still maintain (somewhat) in some encounters in the later game rather than just steamrolling everything with your legendary weapons and high tier magic.

Enemy and Ally AI:

Okay, so, talking about the plan for AI a bit here.  When it becomes time for an actor to take their turn, ideally they will make a decision based on:
1) The actors current state

2) The state of the battlefield

3) The actors preferences

The first of these, which would likely be the first check run, is the more straight forward: the actors current state.  This is likely to be the first really limiting factor in the actors choices, limiting the decisions that need to happen if they are having sex, bound, trapped in furniture, etc.  

If these aren't applicable, we then take a poll of the battlefield, getting information on this like: How many allies are alive/in fighting shape, how many enemies are alive/in fighting shape, how many female targets are available, how many of them are stripped/bound/etc, are any of my allies having sex I could join in on, do any of my allies need assistance, and so one.  In part, this step will serve to set some base probabilities and determine what the actor can or can't do (for example, if all of the enemies are already stripped, they won't try to strip an enemy).

With all of those actions in mind, we then take a look at the actors preferences.  These would be these personality trait ideas I mentioned previously.  Maybe a character has a personality trait called "Unhelpful" that sets their chance to assist an ally to 0, and so on.  

Afterwards, it rolls and selects an action based off of the previously developed availability and probability of the actions, and then moves to selecting a target (if needed).  There may be some additional traits/preferences for target selection (Choose strongest, choose weakest, choose randomly, etc) but that's the general idea.

Today's update:

Fixed:
- Some damage calculations

- Other stuff I can't think of

- Better actor and action validation (particularly for when NPCs are taking their turns)

Added:
- An initial very simple AI for NPCs deciding what to do (Along with a lot of tweaks to chances/odds).  I ended up running through a large part of a combat using just the AI (having it control the player and treat them as an NPC as well) and it went okay.  It will need a good amount of work.

- Variable that scales damage of melee attacks (primarily for testing purposes)

Really, most of the work today was centered on getting an initial AI script up and running which took a lot of effort.

To Do:

- Casting still isn't implemented for some reason ...

- There's a lot of AI improvements to be made, right now there's a lot of brute force

- More bug fixes

- Add an actual end to the combat encounter (this should be simple with everything I've got done, but usually I end up finding either a major or minor bug before getting to what would be the actual end of the combat.  Especially with the current slow pace of damge).

- Perks and Personalities

Crash to Desktop:

Currently, there is a crash to desktop that starts happening at some point during the encounter if you open (from what I've noticed) the inventory/item menu.  I have no idea why, and also no idea if this is something only in my own unstable Skyrim.  The most likely cause would be, like, a bad texture (I sometimes see a messed up texture map as it freezes/crashes with rainbow polygons) but it may be something else entirely.  

The other CTD that has happened is an intermittent CTD when, essentially, a sexlab scene is stopped and then restarted (because, for example, an actor was added or left the scene).  However, this only seems to have sometimes, and I haven't been able to really notice anything different about the situations, so I am stuck wondering if this is due to my own unstable game or an actual bug.

Beta Tester(s) wanted:

With the above in mind, I'd be interest in getting a small number of people to help beta test the mod.  Please note, though, that this IS NOT simply just "early access" to the mod.  It is very much still in a rough state and this would be for the purpose of collecting data (meaning I'd be expecting you to actually give me feedback on crashes, soft locks, etc.  Here's what I'd need you to have:
1) A stable Skyrim - This is important.  I need to know that issues you are encountering because of this mod, not because of other mod interactions.

2) Some General modding knowledge - I'm not saying you need to know the creation kit like the back of your hand, but you need to at least be able to take general instructions (i.e. start the quest XXX in console, use console to adjust these variables, and so on) and be able to use them without super explicit instruction.  There is currently NO MCM for this mod, meaning any variables that need adjusting require you knowing what they are and what to adjust them too.  For the most part, at least from my perspective, these things are straight forward.

3) Some basic understanding of the instability of mods - This mod is unstable and incomplete.  Hopefully it won't have any impacts on the save you run it on, but if I have to tell you to make a back up save when testing a mod that currently has literally an infinite loop, then you probably shouldn't be beta testing.

4) Importantly, the willingness to communicate to me information from your testing - This could be that you're crashing, or where you're crashing, or that you aren't. Additionally, damage too high? Too low?  Did giga-crafted Daedric Sword 1-shot the level 100 bandit?  While my main concern is the stability and playability aspects, I would also like the feedback that comes from other people in other situations testing it out.

If you read the above on being a beta tester for the mod and are interested in doing it and helping me out, drop me a line either here or in a personal message.  I'm not planning on posting a beta version of the mod publicly.  As you've hopefully noticed, though, I am putting in a good amount of work on the mod and, if you are willing to be a reliable beta tester, I'd be happy to ship you the daily updates I make for testing to play around with yourself.

How Big is It?:
So, this was something I wanted to take a look at thinking about what I've been working on.  Size wise, the mod is pretty tiny considering that it isn't adding new meshes or textures.  Most of the mod features are in the packages and quests and the scripts.

If you are wondering how much scripting there is in the mod, there are currently 4 controller scripts for the mod with about 3000 lines of code between them.  So, uh, a lot of scripting.  It runs fine my machine, but I have also a good computer, so I'm interested to see if causes issues for others (especially considering that this amount is only going to grow as more features are added).

A Somewhat Amusing Story:

Earlier today while I was doing testing on the AI, I found myself at a strange impasse in terms of binding. While the chances were hitting successfully, and female characters were getting stuck in bindings, when they went to struggle out, even with a 30% of success, they were succeeding about 80% of the time because of good rolls.  I ended up temporarily changing it to 15% because I wanted the combats to get past the trying to tie people up stage of the AI for some testing, and just to spite me the first two actors that struggled broke out as well!  

It regressed back to the mean afterwards, but sometimes I think the game is mocking me.

Because I forgot to mention it in the thread above in regards to beta testing:
There are currently only two mods required: Sexlab and Zaz+ (or whatever it's called, the Zaz with more furniture.  I'm too tired to look it up).  I'm also not planning to add additional dependencies unless I absolutely have to.

Another update:

Fixed:

- Some actions and chances not adding up properly (probably still a few more I'll need to investigate)

- Actors sometimes losing their "having sex" tag when restarting an animation with more actors (or less) - I think (made some changes and it seems to be working, more testing required)

Added:

- Several personality traits that impact the odds of a character choosing an option on the decision tree

- Ability for Player to be controlled by AI as well (mostly for testing purposes of seeing what another actor does)

- A pop up at the start of combat allowing you to choose one of the personality profiles for each actor in the combat

- A new type of action: Aid Ally

- A new type of action: Hamper Enemy

To Do:
- Casting (it's almost a meme at this point ...)
- Rework of healing

- More AI work and balancing

- Perks 

- More personalities?

- Combat end? (It's also almost a meme at this point ..)

New Actions:

There are two new actions that got added, the ability to aid an ally in their next action and the ability to hamper an enemy.  Aiding an ally gives them a bonus to their next action, making it more likely to succeed.  Currently this is a base +40% (because the actor doing it is giving up their turn to give the bonus.  Hampering an Enemy gives them a hampered debuff.  Currently, it makes attacks vs them 20% more likely to succeed and makes their chances of succeeding at an action 20% lower.  Unlike Aid, hampered has a chance to be removed every time it comes up (a 1/4 chance when being target and a 2/3 chance when targeting someone).  Some of this may/is likely to get changed, but provides some initial numbers/ideas.

A special note about these actions: Hamper and aid can both be performed while bound, but if you are bound while hampering an enemy you also hamper yourself.

Personalities:

There were several personalities added that can be attached to NPCs (and the player) that modify the odds of selecting a certain action.  The ones that currently have effects tied to them are:

Domineering - Favors sex attacks and binding enemies

Helpful - Favors helping allies and providing buffs

Horny - Wants sex

Lazy - Negative trait, has an increased chance of passing turns

Loyal - Will never betray allies

Resistive - More likely to struggle or resist than perform other available actions

SlowRolling - Wants to take their time and enjoy themselves, more likely to pass a round in sex instead of advancing the stage

Submissive - Less likely to struggle and more likely to pass when bound/having sex

Supportive - More likely to use buffs and debuffs

Treacherous - More likely to betray their allies 

Unhelpful - Will never assist allies or give them buffs

Vicious - Less likely to engage in sex actions, more likely to attack

Vindictive - More likely to apply debuffs, including bondage

If you are wondering what some of this looks like on the backend, here's an example of the calculations for a bound characters odds to do an action:

Struggle = Base Chance + 10 if Resistive - 5 if Submissive

Pass = Base Chance + 3 if Submissive

Apply Assist = Base Chance + 5 if Supportive + 5 if Helpful, set to 0 if unhelpful

Apply Hampered = Base Chance + 5 if Vindictive + 3 if Supportive

So, for example, passing normally is a base chance of 0, but if you are submissive, there's a chance that you'll just choose to pass your turn when bound, maybe representing you not even bothering, or perhaps representing you waiting in expectation.

Personality Profiles:

These were put together in part for testing, but there are currently 9 personality profiles that can be assigned to an actor at the start of combat that consist of at least 1 of the above personality traits.  These are:
Helpful - Helpful, Supportive, Loyal

Spiteful - Vindictive, Domineering

Submissive - Submissive, Supportive

Horny - Horny, Unhelpful, SlowRolling

Vicious - Vicious, Unhelpful

Domineering - Domineering

Lazy - Lazy, Unhelpful, SlowRolling

Resistive - Resistive, Domineering

Treacherous - Domineering, Treacherous, Unhelpful

Battle Report:

Test battle ran today was:
Player side: Player (Level 81, Female, Submissive), Aela (Level 50, Female, Spiteful), Ria (Level 25, Female, Helpful), Draugr Ally (Level 7, Creature, Treacherous), Draugr Boss Ally (Level 21, Creature, Treacherous)
Enemy Side: Big Bad Bandit Boss (BBBB) (Level 100, Male, Domineering), Bandit (Level 20, Male, Domineering), Bandit Outlaw (Level 5, Female, Spiteful), Troll (Level 14, Creature, Horny), Troll (Level 14, Creature Horny)

Goal was to test out the personalities.  If things were working properly, it seemed like this would put the player side at a major disadvantage.
What ended up happening (before things got quickly out of hand):

The player stripped the female bandit.  BBBB stripped the player, and Bandit outlaw bound her.  Aela hampered a troll.  Ria failed to unbind the player.  The female bandit placed down a piece of furniture.  One of the trolls started banging the players.  With one ally out of the fight, betrayals were a theoretical possibility, and both Draugrs betrayed the PC party (So, treacherous allies are definitely treacherous ...).  The other troll ripped the armor off of Aela.    That was the end of the first turn.

Suffice to say, in a 7v3 situation with enemies that are primarily interested in, well, sex, it quickly turned into a continuous fest.  The second turn, Aela was bound and the draugrs that betrayed the party started having their way with her (while the second troll joined his buddy with the player) and on the third turn Ria ended up bound and palced on a wooden horse to wait for it to be her turn as the bandits had mostly accomplished what they wanted.  While all of her male allies were having their fun, the female bandit was applying conditions.  When I ended the combat, she was passing turn because all of her allies were buffed for their next action roll chance and all of her enemies were hampered (advancing a stage and passing doesn't remove the buff).

So, on the one hand, I suppose it's good to see that a situation that's supposed to be bad and quickly devolve into sex has that happen, but I'll need to see how other combats run where there are different personality traits involved to see how much of a difference they make in the flow of battle.

Beta Testers?:
Still interested in having one or two to test some things (particularly the CTDs that I haven't been able to fix on my end and have no idea what is causing).  See the post like 2 up if interested/curious.

Public Beta/Initial Release?:

Still no date/timeline here.  I need to get the CTD on menu fixed, add an actual end to combat, make an MCM, and a few other things before doing a public release.

Sleep?
Yes, I will.

Today's Update is not as big because I've been busy.

Fixed: 

- An issue that made you unable to control the players turn no matter how you adjusted variables

- Some targeting inconsistencies

- Some negative probability

- Improved handling of leveled actors

Added:

- Condition that checks for combat end if all actors on one side are incapacitated.

- Flags and proper shut down conditions for, when combat ends, resolving ongoing sexlab scenes and resetting buffs/debuffs

End of Combat:

This was mainly what I worked on today.  The scripts now check to see if all actors on one side have at least one condition that would disallow them from acting (Currently Incapacitated and Enslaved, though Enslaved has no way of being applied and doesn't do anything).  If one side is all down, it pushes a victor, and goes through removing buffs and debuffs, removing the extra sexlab controls in place, and letting the animations finish naturally.  When all of the animations finish, the quest shuts down, though in the future there will likely be some additional things happening (such as teleporting the player, allies, enemies, etc out of the battle arena, taking care of loot, assigned exp, etc).  I did test and this worked almost exactly as I was expecting, except for some reason the animation the player was involved in didn't end (stayed on final stage indefinitely).  The other animations did end, however, after going through their normal SL timing.

Personalities:

When I was testing today using two town guards as player allies, I realized that there should probably be a Personality trait for "moral" or something similar that would cause the NPC's to not engage in forced sex (coming up after the two guards in the PC party decided to teach the female bandit a lesson).  Maybe a trait for like "Chivalrous" or something similar as well.

Commands/Orders:

I've started very preliminary work on a commands/orders action type.  The idea behind it is that a character can try and issue a command or order to their allies for them to follow.  Some examples I'm looking into:
Focus Attacks - Set a target as priority, making allies more likely to attack them than other creatures

Focus Disable - Set a target as priority for keeping bound/locked up, making allies more likely to bind them than other creatures

Strip - Tell an ally to strip and, if they except, they won't attempt to redress (redress system pending)

Bind - Tell an ally to put on their gimp suit on and, if they, they won't attempt to remove their bondage (limited their actions, but flagging them as a sex target)

Assuming I end up keeping the system, there will probably be some others that I look to add as well.

Spells/Casting:
I've begun looking into the spells and spell casting system.  I think it is going to, as a necessity, need to vary some from base Skyrim.  One of the big, important things, is that any spell being cast in the Turn Based Combat will need to have it's effects scripted and not actually do anything harmful. This means creating, essentially, new spells for each spell someone is able to cast in the TBC.  Here are my current thoughts on how I'm going to implement it to keep it at least a bit simpler:
Magic will be split into the Five schools in Skyrim (Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, and Restoration).  Spells will be based off of existing and adding with the idea that:
Alteration: Buff spells, Some Debuff spells

Conjuration: Summoning (Perhaps ability to add summoned allies to the combat if there are empty slots for them)

Destruction: Direct Damage

Illusion: Debuff spells, maybe some buff

Restoration: Healing

Rather than search for what spells a character has and then try and create a bunch of facsimiles (i.e. See if they have fireball and, if so, give them the TBC version of fireball that they can cast), I think initially I'll set it up so that there are thresholds for each spell in the school of a minimum skill level to cast it, and if you have that skill level, you are able to cast the skill. From there, I think I'll also need a way of setting flags for characters based on whether or not they can be/should be casting spells.  Normally, this would be handled by assigning them a combat style, but that won't work here.  Additionally, as far as I know, the CK and SKSE don't have any/many extra scripts for increasing what you can do with combat styles and the information you can get from them, and there are a lot of combat styles so it would be pretty inefficient to try and have the script check/sort them all.  My current thought is to just look at the actors skills and have some weighting for assigning a class to the NPC for use in the AI.

E.x. Fighter/Warrior if the actor has no magic skills

Mage if Actor has primarily magic skills

Spellsword if some reasonably balanced mix of both.

From there, use the class to influence the probabilities of selecting different options.  

An issue that could creep up here, though, is that Spellcasting could get quite a bit more complex of deciding what to do somewhat intelligently, assuming we care about the NPCs choosing spells intelligently.

Stealth:

I began thinking about it, and realized that there is currently now way that stealth is involved in the current system.  Also, attack packages for bows aren't working properly.  Realistically, what this means is that all of the stealth archers out there are going to seriously struggle.  I think for Stealth, what I'm going to look to do is just add it in as an available action.  It rolls a check, to see if you are successful stealthing, and, if so, would probably have something like the following benefits:

- Bonus on next attack

- Sneak attack damage on next attack

- Penalty to being hit? Can't be targeted?

- Lower priority on being hit?

I'm leaning away from stealth making you untargetable, so much as just providing a good bonus to avoid being hit.  Adding a buff that maybe makes you lower priority could also be interesting, especially combined with the penalty to hit, representing that NPCs tend to try and target the enemies in front of them before searching for hidden foes.

Interested in Feedback on:

What all should constitute a "down" for the purpose of deciding combat winners?  Should it only be a condition that the actor has no way of rescuing themself from (such as incapacitation) or should situations that will be very difficult to rescue yourself from also count (such as being locked in furniture)?

Assuming we divide combats into easy, regular, and boss, how long should each of them take? Should it be measured in real time? In turns?

Stamina is currently used for sex HP, and when your stamina runs out, you take 2X that damage to health instead.  Should Sex just deal health damage anyways? 

If a modder fixes a bug, but the bug was never in a released version of the mod, does it still count as a bug fix?

For combat win I think if everyone on one side is down even if they "could" remove their condition on themselves. If no one is up to defend you, even being in a temporary down condition would mean the fight is essentially over. 

Eg 

2 conditions Stunned and Knocked out

Team one all people are up

Team two 

#1 Knocked out

#2 Stunned

#3 Stunned

#4 Knocked out

even though technically #2 and #3 could get back up again in a turn or two depending on how the stun worked. There is nothing and no one to prevent Team one from just going over there and knocking them out. There is no reason to prolong the inevitable at this point the match is over. 

This is a super interesting concept. I wish I had time to help out with it, but between modding on my own and real life stuff I wouldn't be of much use. I'll keep an eye out here regardless though if there's any kind of useful feedback I can offer.

Once it's further along I could see this working even better than vanilla combat with regard to the goals of a lot of Sexlab mods.

Looks quite interesting. I would like to throw some suggestions, if I may:

- Instead of using followers, the arena should use pre-made classes/characters, where each class would have unique abilities, perks, strengths and weaknesses (healing class, melee class, ranged class, magic caster, support class and eveything inbetween). That would make it more interesting, and what's even more important - easier to balance things out, since your team wouldn't be over-leveled.

- Once you establish core gameplay, you could turn it into something like "Darkest Dungeon" game (if you haven't heard of it, you might check it out. Might give you some ideas for gameplay).

16 hours ago, Corsayr said:

For combat win I think if everyone on one side is down even if they "could" remove their condition on themselves. If no one is up to defend you, even being in a temporary down condition would mean the fight is essentially over. 

Eg 

2 conditions Stunned and Knocked out

Team one all people are up

Team two 

#1 Knocked out

#2 Stunned

#3 Stunned

#4 Knocked out

even though technically #2 and #3 could get back up again in a turn or two depending on how the stun worked. There is nothing and no one to prevent Team one from just going over there and knocking them out. There is no reason to prolong the inevitable at this point the match is over. 

So, with the way that stun is currently handled, part of my concern with making it a condition for being "down" and counting towards loss is that it would likely impact where you could have the stunned condition (i.e. what generates it). Right now, stunned is simply "skip your next turn", but it doesn't impact your ability to defend yourself.  If it also counted as being "down" then it would potentially limit what applies it (for example, any AoE ability with a stun component could be an instant win, rather than just a very advantageous ability).  Part of my reasoning for stunned not being a down condition comes with my below thoughts on ways that conditions are split:

A condition that permanent until fixed that completely disables/severely restricts your ability to take actions that the actor can't fix themselves - Down (I.e. Incapacitated or maybe something like petrification)

A condition that is temporary that completely disables/severely restricts your ability to take actions that the actor can't fix themselves - Not Down (i.e. stun, where it is missing a single turn)

A condition that permanent until fixed that completely disables/severely restricts your ability to take actions that the actor has a small chance to fix themselves - Maybe down (i.e. being placed in a pillory or similarly challenging bondage)

Maybe the best option would be to include options that stunned actors can count towards party down and be able to set a threshold of "Bound individual counts as down if they're struggle chance is less than X%" (particularly if you have, say, a 0% or less chance to struggle free).

It might also be something that just needs more play to figure out and get a feel for, but my initial inclination to leave stun as a non-down condition was to leave "downs" as a stricter condition set so that the player wouldn't potentially have as much variance on random losses.  I'll have to give it some more thought.

4 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

This is a super interesting concept. I wish I had time to help out with it, but between modding on my own and real life stuff I wouldn't be of much use. I'll keep an eye out here regardless though if there's any kind of useful feedback I can offer.

Once it's further along I could see this working even better than vanilla combat with regard to the goals of a lot of Sexlab mods.

Feedback, particularly feedback early in development, is always useful.  When you're in the thick of things it's easy to miss or overlook a lot of things.  As I'm working on some of this, I am trying to think some about what functions/functionality other mods tapping into this mod may want to have (so I can perhaps do some design with that in mind), but at the moment I'm mostly focused on getting the mod itself working.

3 hours ago, Terrarium said:

Looks quite interesting. I would like to throw some suggestions, if I may:

- Instead of using followers, the arena should use pre-made classes/characters, where each class would have unique abilities, perks, strengths and weaknesses (healing class, melee class, ranged class, magic caster, support class and eveything inbetween). That would make it more interesting, and what's even more important - easier to balance things out, since your team wouldn't be over-leveled.

- Once you establish core gameplay, you could turn it into something like "Darkest Dungeon" game (if you haven't heard of it, you might check it out. Might give you some ideas for gameplay).

I think that, at in the end, what I'm likely to do is a combination of using already existing characters and then creating something similar to classes for the mod.  It looks like it would simplify, probably quite significantly, some of the AI by having classes (and therefore, for each class, there are only a limited number of options that they can take).  Especially as I add more options and abilities, it would keep quite a bit simpler.  

This also got me thinking about a way to do levels/leveling that ... may work.  I'll have to look into a bit, but I'm thinking there might be a way to attach something to an actor that will track what level they are (I'm thinking of using a Level spell, that has two magic effects: Level, and Experience, and then adjusting and modifying the magnitudes after combat).  This could also potentially keep the turn based combat levels/abilities entirely separate from the base game combat. I'm not sure if this would actually work the way I wanted it to, though (If the values would carry and save properly between save/load states, and when actors were loaded/unloaded).

What I'm thinking I might look to do is:

1) Finish fleshing out and making various actions

2) Make sure the actions are working in game

3) Design classes based on available actions.

For #3, it'd might be something like:

Class: Assassin
Usable Actions: Attack, Stealth, Sex/Bondage, Assist Ally, Struggle, Flee/Surrender, Pass

Perks: Bonus to Stealth (At Level 5), Bonus Sneak Attack Damage (level 10), etc.

Special Abilities: Poisoned Attack, Assassinate, Smoke Bomb

Where some actions are universal (or mostly universal) such as: Sex/Bondage, Assist Ally, Struggle, Flee/Surrender, and Pass
And some base actions are dependent on class (Attack, Cast, Heal, Stealth, Command, etc.)

Perks would be passive bonuses.

Special Abilities would probably be part of a subset.  So, in the above example, it would check to see whether to use Poisoned Attack or Assassinate when attack is rolled instead of just a base attack.

I have not only heard of, but have played quite a bit of Darkest Dungeon. I really enjoy the game, and from a modding a standpoint, my biggest complaint for it is just that there is a lot of limited factors on what you can do with the combat system (since there isn't much you can do with the combat animations and pairing them).  

22 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

So, with the way that stun is currently handled

You might be taking it too literally :)

I was just making potential examples. (I do not know the exact conditions of stun or knocked out in this scenario, stun is used to represent a condition that prevents action of the person the condition is on but is not permanent)

The crux is I think if everyone on one team is in a condition that prevents action (in this case offensive and defensive action) even if that condition is self removing, or can be removed by the player. That team should lose.

Ultimately the idea I am putting forward is that the "all down" condition should not need to be all permanently down. 

That make sense?