Jump to content
CPVC

Real-Time Body Physics

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cminnow said:

Why would you want to uninstall? Literally the breast mod that ever was created for Sims. Works amazingly well for a prototype. Animators must be praising you for saving them hundreds of hours!

 

Although I agree, and get that this mod is still pretty in the early WiP stages, I'm STILL astonished at how it hasn't caught on more yet.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Vanecessary said:

I keep getting glitches in CAS with my sims breast. When I play the game it's fine but in CAS they glitch.

Best I can suggest is put on a piece of Base Game Clothing if you are (re)calibrating body shapes.  I mostly encounter that issue with custom content clothing.  Not sure if it helps for your specific situation though.

Link to post

I'm having a great time playing with this mod, but I've noticed that on male butts it doesn't seem to work on the naked model, and only seems to work on a couple of modded pairs of trousers and a single pair of maxis underwear. Is this due to something on my end or is it a problem with the male butt detection?

Link to post
9 hours ago, belnades said:

I'm having a great time playing with this mod, but I've noticed that on male butts it doesn't seem to work on the naked model, and only seems to work on a couple of modded pairs of trousers and a single pair of maxis underwear. Is this due to something on my end or is it a problem with the male butt detection?

Likely a problem with the butt detection code. The code does not differentiate between genders and was designed to work with female butts only. Since there appears to be a demand for it, I'll work on improving dude butt detection.

Link to post
13 hours ago, CPVC said:

Likely a problem with the butt detection code. The code does not differentiate between genders and was designed to work with female butts only. Since there appears to be a demand for it, I'll work on improving dude butt detection.

Oh, I see. Thank you very much for trying to improve the code to work with male butts! 

Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 11:55 AM, llddb said:

Best I can suggest is put on a piece of Base Game Clothing if you are (re)calibrating body shapes.  I mostly encounter that issue with custom content clothing.  Not sure if it helps for your specific situation though.

It's still happening with base game clothes. When I take the mod out of my game then things are normal. :( I don't want to have to remove it but it's what I have to do for now until I can figure out what causing the glitches. It might another mod that's clashing with it.

Link to post
16 hours ago, uhiyhiyhiy said:

I'm not sure if Reshade compatibility is still an issue, but using dxvk with global vulkan reshade allowed me to run reshade with rtbp.

I have been trying to get Reshade to work with RTBP.  How do you use DXVK with Global Vulkan Reshade?  Does this deal with options you select when installing Reshade?

Link to post
55 minutes ago, Vanecessary said:

It's still happening with base game clothes. When I take the mod out of my game then things are normal. :( I don't want to have to remove it but it's what I have to do for now until I can figure out what causing the glitches. It might another mod that's clashing with it.

What kind of glitches are you having, and are you using default settings? I had glitches where the vertices would jump off all over the place, and the breasts became invisible at times. I was using settings suggested by someone else on this forum. Once I reverted to default settings, everything worked fine.

Link to post
19 hours ago, uhiyhiyhiy said:

I'm not sure if Reshade compatibility is still an issue, but using dxvk with global vulkan reshade allowed me to run reshade with rtbp.

RTBP is still incompatible with Reshade, unfortunately. This sounds like a good temporary solution until I can get RTBP and Reshade to play nicely together.

 

From what I've read, it's difficult to get other hooks like RTBP to work with Reshade, due to its complexity. I'll continue to work on it, though.

Link to post
6 hours ago, millionserved said:

I have been trying to get Reshade to work with RTBP.  How do you use DXVK with Global Vulkan Reshade?  Does this deal with options you select when installing Reshade?

Here's how I did it:

1. Run Reshade setup, choose "Enable/disable Reshade in Vulkan globally"

2. Download the latest DXVK release from their github

3. Extract it fully, you should have "x32" and "x64" folders and "setup_dxvk.sh" file

4. In the x64 folder, rename "d3d9.dll" to "d3d9_2.dll"

5. Copy and paste "d3d9_2.dll" and "dxgi.dll" to your \game\bin folder

6. You may have to point Reshade to look for shaders and textures from a different location (mine were in \game\bin\reshade-shaders)

7. If you want to go back, just delete "d3d9_2.dll"  "dxgi.dll" and the .dxvk-cache file.

 

I found that DXVK will stutter at first (building cache) but it should smooth out fairly quickly.

4 hours ago, CPVC said:

RTBP is still incompatible with Reshade, unfortunately. This sounds like a good temporary solution until I can get RTBP and Reshade to play nicely together.

 

From what I've read, it's difficult to get other hooks like RTBP to work with Reshade, due to its complexity. I'll continue to work on it, though.

Strangely, my game runs smoother with DXVK so I may keep it this way even if it gets fixed. Either way, keep up the great work!

Link to post

Either I am missing it or this is something new, but periodically my sims' chest will just disappear. It does reappear after some time, or when she changes outfits, but then will disappear again.  It also happens with nearby female NPC's as well. Only the chest, not the butt.

 

It is a total derender. I can select items visible through the space for commands.

10-22-20_10-26-21 PM.png

Link to post
9 hours ago, westyranus said:

Either I am missing it or this is something new, but periodically my sims' chest will just disappear. It does reappear after some time, or when she changes outfits, but then will disappear again.  It also happens with nearby female NPC's as well. Only the chest, not the butt.

 

It is a total derender. I can select items visible through the space for commands.

Are you using default settings? I had glitches where the vertices would jump off all over the place, and the breasts became invisible at times. I was using settings suggested by someone else on this forum. Once I reverted to default settings, everything worked fine.

Link to post
13 hours ago, westyranus said:

Either I am missing it or this is something new, but periodically my sims' chest will just disappear. It does reappear after some time, or when she changes outfits, but then will disappear again.  It also happens with nearby female NPC's as well. Only the chest, not the butt.

 

It is a total derender. I can select items visible through the space for commands.

 

Don't put a value "damping" higher than 10.

Link to post
7 hours ago, alexlll said:

Don't put a value "damping" higher than 10.

Definitely seems to do the trick. Thanks!

I had used one of the suggested settings on here and part of what was included was Damping settings of 30. No wonder it happened.

Link to post
2 hours ago, westyranus said:

Definitely seems to do the trick. Thanks!

I had used one of the suggested settings on here and part of what was included was Damping settings of 30. No wonder it happened.

If I had to guess, it was probably from an older build, and the inner-workings of the mod changed things, so now it works/functions different?

Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, GarbageNameHere said:

Although I agree, and get that this mod is still pretty in the early WiP stages, I'm STILL astonished at how it hasn't caught on more yet.

 

I mean, there already is a bounce-mod (that don't include the butt though) that works perfectly fine. For those of us who use that there isn't much point switching over until this mod surpasses it. It very well might, if I understand correctly this one is physics-based while the existing one is handcrafted for every single animation, but it'll take a while for me to leave the comfort of a mod I know works perfectly well for a new one.

 

Obviously I'm keeping my eye on this though!

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Kashked said:

 

I mean, there already is a bounce-mod (that don't include the butt though) that works perfectly fine. For those of us who use that there isn't much point switching over until this mod surpasses it. It very well might, if I understand correctly this one is physics-based while the existing one is handcrafted for every single animation, but it'll take a while for me to leave the comfort of a mod I know works perfectly well for a new one.

 

Obviously I'm keeping my eye on this though!

Just curious if you have tried it and compared.  The Butt Physics totally make it worth it.  This also applies the breasts universily whereas I believe the others are situation specific.  

 

If you got the time I recommend checking it out.  I like it much better (no insult to the bouncing boobies mod intended). 

 

Caveat:  It does take some tweeking depending on your configuration (Breast sizes, Butt Sizes, etc).  I don't roll with default settings.  Added Bonus that it does allow us to tweek it.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, llddb said:

Just curious if you have tried it and compared.  The Butt Physics totally make it worth it.  This also applies the breasts universily whereas I believe the others are situation specific.  

 

If you got the time I recommend checking it out.  I like it much better (no insult to the bouncing boobies mod intended). 

 

Caveat:  It does take some tweeking depending on your configuration (Breast sizes, Butt Sizes, etc).  I don't roll with default settings.  Added Bonus that it does allow us to tweek it.

 

No, not yet. While I do appriciate that tweaking is a GOOD feature, I have over 100 female sims in my current save, of every shape and size... Having to tweak the setting every time I switch households doesn't really work for me. Granted, the bouncing boobies mod isn't great for the smaller sizes, but it works well for everything from medium to very large. 

Does the physics work in WW animations as well? I'm guessing that could foul up animations with bounce included.

 

Like I said, I'm watching this mod with interest, and might very well switch over at some point, so I'm not adverse to this mod, a physics-based solution *is* better, I just wanted to mention that there is a feature-complete similar mod out there which might well be why some of us aren't switching over yet.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...