''Garbage Collector: Forgot 9 buffers'' - in the ''log'' document, what does it mean? It first says ''Successfully created breasts simulator'', then Garbage Collector: Forgot 12 buffers
''Garbage Collector: Forgot 31 buffers'', than ''New sim buffer detected. Vertex count: 287'' and then ''Garbage Collector: Forgot 9 buffers''

English is not my native language so it's hard to understand some things.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:57 AM, IAmCornholio said:

Hmm... There is an event broadcaster that goes off once a sim changes to the naked outfit however because other sims know to react when one skinny dips or someone walks in the room naked, and of course the vanilla game knows it has to apply the censorship mosaic when a sim gets naked, etc.

17 hours ago, llddb said:

"3: It's difficult to tell when a sim is naked. If I find a way to do that reliably, I will make this happen."

Any chance Whicked Whims would have the answer?  It has Exhibitionism.  Also wonder if it's underwear feature could be connected to add Support/restraint to appropriate parts.

So, this mod doesn't actually run in the simulation like a script mod does. It runs with the game engine and has absolutely no access to simulation information. I have a plan, though. I'm going to make it so the simulation can communicate with the mod and tell it when certain things happen.

Like, for example, have you noticed how when you pause the game, the breasts keep bouncing until they stop? That's because the mod has no idea that the game has been paused. If the simulation could communicate with the mod it could tell it to stop when the game is paused or tell it when a sim is naked.

13 hours ago, nobodysfool said:

''Garbage Collector: Forgot 9 buffers'' - in the ''log'' document, what does it mean? It first says ''Successfully created breasts simulator'', then Garbage Collector: Forgot 12 buffers
''Garbage Collector: Forgot 31 buffers'', than ''New sim buffer detected. Vertex count: 287'' and then ''Garbage Collector: Forgot 9 buffers''

English is not my native language so it's hard to understand some things.

These are just informational messages to help me solve problems with the mod.

What I call a "sim buffer" is a chunk of memory containing the information to draw a part of a sim, like the head, torso, legs, etc.

When you see a log entry that says "New sim buffer detected", that means that the mod has detected a new sim buffer and has started tracking it. The "vertex count" is how many points make up the 3D model.

When a new sim buffer is detected, the mod attempts to locate the breasts and determine which bones need to be modified before drawing the sim. When these are successfully located, what I call a "breasts simulator" is created. The breasts simulator modifies the positions of the bones before drawing the sim and adds the physics to their movement.

Every 60 seconds, what I call the "garbage collector" runs. It goes through the list of buffers and removes the ones that haven't been used in a while. If this didn't happen, our list of buffers would get filled up with buffers that don't exist anymore and eventually we'd run out of memory.

Every time the garbage collector runs, it reports how many buffers it removed from the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_collection_(computer_science)

11 hours ago, CPVC said:

So, this mod doesn't actually run in the simulation like a script mod does. It runs with the game engine and has absolutely no access to simulation information. I have a plan, though. I'm going to make it so the simulation can communicate with the mod and tell it when certain things happen.

Like, for example, have you noticed how when you pause the game, the breasts keep bouncing until they stop? That's because the mod has no idea that the game has been paused. If the simulation could communicate with the mod it could tell it to stop when the game is paused or tell it when a sim is naked.

These are just informational messages to help me solve problems with the mod.

What I call a "sim buffer" is a chunk of memory containing the information to draw a part of a sim, like the head, torso, legs, etc.

When you see a log entry that says "New sim buffer detected", that means that the mod has detected a new sim buffer and has started tracking it. The "vertex count" is how many points make up the 3D model.

When a new sim buffer is detected, the mod attempts to locate the breasts and determine which bones need to be modified before drawing the sim. When these are successfully located, what I call a "breasts simulator" is created. The breasts simulator modifies the positions of the bones before drawing the sim and adds the physics to their movement.

Every 60 seconds, what I call the "garbage collector" runs. It goes through the list of buffers and removes the ones that haven't been used in a while. If this didn't happen, our list of buffers would get filled up with buffers that don't exist anymore and eventually we'd run out of memory.

Every time the garbage collector runs, it reports how many buffers it removed from the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_collection_(computer_science)

Oh ok thanks... this mod doesn't work in my gameplay, only when I go into CAS for the first time and before I change my sim's clothes, so I thought maybe it was affecting it in some way.

Hi; great mod. Love it. I've been using since version one. Keeps getting better and works great. One thing I noticed though is it stops working once you start using basemental gangs. Maybe there's a setting I don't know about? Does anyone else have this problem?

Just an FYI this seems to have an effect on the Default Black suit worn by City Living Character Something Feng (Lilly's Husband, Victor?)  Not sure why.  I dresser cleaned him into new clothes and the effect went away.  Think it was just that outfit.  No big deal but thought I would mention.

I think that a lot of the bugs people are experiencing are related to custom body mesh mods. This mod was developed using the default body meshes. I'll work on creating a better vertex selection method that works with custom body meshes.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:02 AM, 2cool4u_1 said:

After I installed the Star Wars update, the latest version won't let the game load. I have to use "RTBP Preview 2020-09-10" for it to work. ☹️

Hmmmm. Could you post your "Log.txt" file? It should be in the "RTBP" folder in the game installation folder. The same place the "Settings.ini" file is located.

11 hours ago, CPVC said:

Hmmmm. Could you post your "Log.txt" file?

Sorry to bother you. I fixed it. Today is Patch Day, so I reinstalled everything last night (before the patch, just in case I needed to). It's also possible that I tried extracting directly to the bin folder (can't remember if I did), which needs permissions, so it may not have extracted properly if I did. I don't know what it was exactly, but it's working now. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Def needs tweaking way too jiggly and need to block male butts.

Well, not entirely I'd say for the second one. I mean, men jiggle too, just more subtly. Ideally, if there was some way to separate the weights for different genders, that would be best I think. Settings that work well for men wouldn't necessarily work well for women and vice versa.

23 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Def needs tweaking way too jiggly and need to block male butts.

Agreed. I'm still working on making the breasts behave better. I think I'm getting close to solving the problem, though.

1 hour ago, Jathom95 said:

Well, not entirely I'd say for the second one. I mean, men jiggle too, just more subtly. Ideally, if there was some way to separate the weights for different genders, that would be best I think. Settings that work well for men wouldn't necessarily work well for women and vice versa.

This is what I plan on doing in the future. You'll be able to customize the butt physics based on gender with the option to turn them off completely if desired.

Well, damn, I might have just solved the breast issue. More testing is required, but if I continue to like what I see, I'll release another preview tomorrow.

The excessive forward movement appears to have been replaced with reasonable downward movement. Guess I was running the simulation in the wrong space...

Everything appears to be behaving much more realistically.

33 minutes ago, CPVC said:

Well, damn, I might have just solved the breast issue. More testing is required, but if I continue to like what I see, I'll release another preview tomorrow.

The excessive forward movement appears to have been replaced with reasonable downward movement. Guess I was running the simulation in the wrong space...

Everything appears to be behaving much more realistically.

Can't wait!

Ok, I think this works well enough to warrant a new preview release. No significant changes from the last preview release, but I think I may have finally solved the problem with the breasts bouncing in and out rather than up and down.

Change Log:

* Breasts appear to behave more realistically.

* If the "RTBP" directory does not exist, it will be created. If the "RTBP/Settings.ini" file does not exist, it will be created and the default values will be written to it.

* Some minor performance improvements that should improve frame rate.

* New command: "version". Simply prints the version of RTBP that is currently running and the date it was built.

* New command: "listSimBuffers". Lists all currently tracked sim buffers and their translations and velocities.

* New command: "dumpSimBuffers [TARGET_DIRECTORY]". Writes the geometry of each tracked sim buffer to disk in the Wavefront .obj format to the directory "TARGET_DIRECTORY". Just in case you wanted to see what the geometries of sim buffers look like. You can import these files into Blender.

If the breasts issue is finally solved, I'll make a new official release with source code, then move on to adding new features. It's not my cup of tea, but a few people have talked about adding dick physics. I've been experimenting with adding bouncing testicles. It might be included with the next preview release.

No new settings have been added, so you can keep your old "Settings.ini" file. Have fun and lemme know how it works.

RTBP Preview 0.3-p2 2020-10-14.zip

Nicely done.  Using your most recent preview and works much better than the previous one (less jerky breast movement).  Still trying to zero in settings, my Character Females tend to have D+ size breasts. 

Still unclear which setting to adjust to increase...Swing Force.  Would I reduce Damping or increase power? (Or do I have it totally wrong?)

[rtbp.leftBreast]
mass=0.8
damping=10.0
springK=100.0
maxLength=0.06
power=1.1

[rtbp.rightBreast]
mass=0.8
damping=10.0
springK=100.0
maxLength=0.06
power=1.1

Thanks again for your Wonderful work!

21 hours ago, amj1984 said:

why i can't watch the vdo?

Its codec is probably unsupported on your machine. I'd recommend installing the VLC or MPV media players. This video is mostly irrelevant to the RTBP mod, though. The user was demonstrating how the mod doesn't work with their highly modified meshes, which is to be expected, unfortunately.

17 hours ago, llddb said:

Nicely done.  Using your most recent preview and works much better than the previous one (less jerky breast movement).  Still trying to zero in settings, my Character Females tend to have D+ size breasts. 

Still unclear which setting to adjust to increase...Swing Force.  Would I reduce Damping or increase power? (Or do I have it totally wrong?)

If you want more bounciness, I'd suggest increasing the "springK" variable. The springK is the "stiffness" of the spring simulation. How strongly the spring will react to being disturbed.

The "damping" variable is how quickly the spring will stop moving. Kind of like the "friction" in the spring.

The "power" variable simply increases the force applied to the simulation. I put it in for debugging purposes, really. I'd recommend keeping it at 1 and playing with the other variables.

If by "swinging", you mean angular physics, then I haven't implemented that yet. It's on my to-do list, but currently RTBP only supports linear physics.

8 hours ago, Wikktec said:

hello I have dear mistakes
1 does not work during gameplay
2 does not work in cas mode
3 I don't know if the commands I enter are executed
I use version 1.58 also in my case the textures of the sims run as if they were plasticine

Are you sure you installed it correctly? If you entered the commands correctly, RTBP should report back to you. For example the command 'rtbp.command "setMass breasts 2"' should report back with "Mass set to 2 for target BREASTS".

It's possible that RTBP doesn't work with older versions of the Sims. I'm almost always running the latest version and do all the development and testing in that environment.

17 hours ago, Wikktec said:

hello I have dear mistakes
1 does not work during gameplay
2 does not work in cas mode
3 I don't know if the commands I enter are executed
I use version 1.58 also in my case the textures of the sims run as if they were plasticine

I have same problem and I don't know how to fix it.

16 hours ago, CPVC said:

Its codec is probably unsupported on your machine. I'd recommend installing the VLC or MPV media players. This video is mostly irrelevant to the RTBP mod, though. The user was demonstrating how the mod doesn't work with their highly modified meshes, which is to be expected, unfortunately.

Si desea más rebote, le sugiero aumentar la variable "springK". El springK es la "rigidez" de la simulación de resorte. Qué fuerte reaccionará el resorte ante ser perturbado.

La variable de "atenuación" es la rapidez con la que el muelle dejará de moverse. Algo así como la "fricción" en la primavera.

La variable "power" simplemente aumenta la fuerza aplicada a la simulación. Lo puse con fines de depuración, de verdad. Yo recomendaría mantenerlo en 1 y jugar con las otras variables.

Si por "swinging", te refieres a la física angular, entonces no he implementado eso todavía. Está en mi lista de tareas pendientes, pero actualmente RTBP solo admite física lineal.

¿Está seguro de que lo ha instalado correctamente? Si ha introducido los comandos correctamente, RTBP debe informarle. Por ejemplo, el comando 'rtbp.command "setMass breasts 2"' debe informar con "Mass establecido en 2 para los BREASTS de destino".

Es posible que RTBP no funcione con versiones anteriores de los Sims. Casi siempre estoy ejecutando la última versión y hago todo el desarrollo y las pruebas en ese entorno.

Possibly if it is a version problem because I cannot even execute a command directly in the sims code tray, just try to enter the settings pad and change some values to see if it was because of that, for the installation issue I follow the steps As I said in the README, I will try to install the new version to see if it goes better there, thanks