YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

jiitek isnt managing this mod anymore ? cause i havent seen a single new update on this and it would be cool to see a newer version with higher res skins and better body meshes

agreed,  but I think RCOTS is taking its place, and when SK gets updated with the NPC replacers I personally think it'll be the mod of choice.

RCOTS ? havent heard of that one  got a link to that thread?

jiitek isnt managing this mod anymore ? cause i havent seen a single new update on this and it would be cool to see a newer version with higher res skins and better body meshes

agreed,  but I think RCOTS is taking its place, and when SK gets updated with the NPC replacers I personally think it'll be the mod of choice.

RCOTS ? havent heard of that one  got a link to that thread?

This is the thread he means I think.  I don't use CotS myself so I'm not 100% up to date.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20706-children-of-the-sky-reworked-stand-alone/

CoTS R2 still have most choices for hair-eyes-eyebrows if you have the mods.

Also choice in face options for eyes-mouth-nose is more the RCoTS.

At moment also skeleton update for quiver on your hip which RCoTS dont have.

But CoTS R2 is starting to show its age and getting on other areas behind.

For now my best looking character is still CoTS R2, with some help from body textures from other mods.

I downloaded the armor mod, but even via console can't seem to find it (the armor for the kids). Is there a list somewhere of the item ID's so I can add them via console?

The armor mod? You mean lolilabs? It's all in Riverwood, in a basement just outside Faendal's house. It's automatically on your map. You can fast-travel to it before you even find it. The basement is locked, so you have to pick the lock. You forge each armor on the loli anvil.

"Children of the Sky - Gear". 

I just wish the torso wasn't so "long". Shape seems a little off..

For a more realistic look of body use UNPetite textures(not meshes or your wholebody become UNPetite.

Only setback is you get littlebit bigger boobs flat chest dont realy work properly.

Here some examples of bodys you get when use other textures on original.

All screens are based on CoTS R2 unp body type.

All wetbody from SG renewal-Muscles SG renewal/TDoS:

Original CoTS bodypost-232301-0-83935400-1389261443_thumb.jpg

True Daughters of skyrim with slight muscled bodypost-232301-0-37018400-1389261455_thumb.jpg

TDoSpost-232301-0-92693200-1389261464_thumb.jpg

UNPetite with slight muscles plus done flat chest but strange shadows and bit strange look(SG renewal)post-232301-0-95455500-1389261472_thumb.jpg

TDoS with musclespost-232301-0-38820800-1389261483_thumb.jpg

TDoS no sunburn or musclespost-232301-0-45234700-1389261499_thumb.jpg You see the way more realistic and better looking middle body!

UNPetitepost-232301-0-05679600-1389261504_thumb.jpg

Use the UNPetite body's Textures without the meshes or you get the UNPetite bodyshape with BALLOON behind:P

For UNPetite there is no need for ECE just put the right textures in the maps you want in this case oriental.

Original againpost-232301-0-08926100-1389262759_thumb.jpg

Many more posible you can tweak body as you like endless posibillity's!

Disable the COTS.esp if you don't intend to make a COTS player.  Leave Xvis.esp active tho.  See if that does the trick.

Thanks, but tried that with no effect.  Also tried doing it the other way around!

Has anyone any idea how I can fix the problem of my player's adult Nord face being turned into a 5-year old's face by COTS? I have not in any way altered my character or race by any menu, but this mod alters it regardless of the above fix. I only want to install the mod to improve the mess Bethesda made of the Skyrim kids.

Disable the COTS.esp if you don't intend to make a COTS player.  Leave Xvis.esp active tho.  See if that does the trick.

Thanks, but tried that with no effect.  Also tried doing it the other way around!

Has anyone any idea how I can fix the problem of my player's adult Nord face being turned into a 5-year old's face by COTS? I have not in any way altered my character or race by any menu, but this mod alters it regardless of the above fix. I only want to install the mod to improve the mess Bethesda made of the Skyrim kids.

That comes from installing CotS manually. If you want to use the CotS race as your character, then you're good. If you want just the kids in Skyrim to look like CotS, then use the standalone version, or just don't activate the childrenofthesky.esp (I think...right eviadutch? I've never done that... :P). At any rate, installing CotS using Mod Organizer makes that never happen, but only MO. Any other Mod Manager will overwrite files, leaving your PC looking like a freak of nature. Installing manually has the same effect.

You'll have to reinstall the mods you used to make your character look good in the 1st place now. The same goes for CotS music (included in the mod, but optional). Manually installing the music means having to find those music files and removing them. I used to get screwed up by these exact same issues.

That comes from installing CotS manually. If you want to use the CotS race as your character, then you're good. If you want just the kids in Skyrim to look like CotS, then use the standalone version, or just don't activate the childrenofthesky.esp (I think...right eviadutch? I've never done that... :P). At any rate, installing CotS using Mod Organizer makes that never happen, but only MO. Any other Mod Manager will overwrite files, leaving your PC looking like a freak of nature. Installing manually has the same effect.

You'll have to reinstall the mods you used to make your character look good in the 1st place now. The same goes for CotS music (included in the mod, but optional). Manually installing the music means having to find those music files and removing them. I used to get screwed up by these exact same issues.

Thank you for your reply. I've played about with ESPs / ESMs with no result. I use NMM for installations and removals and have no problems at all with my 177 or so mods! I simply de-installed the mod via NMM to restore my character's original looks. I'm fine with doing all that so there's no issues with my game   :) . (I also control the mods with Wry and Boss).

I think I'll build myself a manual install NMM fomod and use that, and control what goes in. NMM isn't exactly the best installer and I know MO is way better, but I just can't get on with it for some reason. I did try. So a manual fomod build for NMM should allow me to isolate the bits I want. I did also try the Reworked COTS but it turns out to be a bit of a haphazard mess.  I'll let folks know if my solution works so other NMM users can benefit.

Meanwhile, any ideas welcome!

Love your mod, it works perfectly. Just a question. When I go to creation kit, load master files, what do I need to get it to tick to get it to load? Tried almost everything and it keeps crashing the creation kit. :(

creation kit noob here, I know. I read a couple of tutorials online, but I still can't get it right

Does everyone have slighty different textures with a noticable seam on the female child npcs hands? The hands are a pale whiter shade than the arms and rest of their bodies. I tried removing my texture folder and installing files only from this mod but it still happens.

Hands and neck always problem try find a body texture compatible with UNP that have head-hands-feet and body a complete texture set and place it carefully in maps that you wanne change like the oriental/x117 map.

Remove also the vampire related textures or meshes.

MAKE BACK UP.

Just to test try use UNPetite(only textures) and see if you still have the different hand texture.

This give you an idea how it works then go to original mod and do same so you see what i mean with placing complete textures.

You can also try use the RCoTS textures and see what heppen.

ALWAYS MAKESURE YOU HAVE BACK UP OF THAT MAP so when it go wrong you just place original map back.

What does the lolilabs pack add to the game? Kinda late to the party on that one.

Does it add a house/place you can go to craft whatever this mod is? Does it cause crashes because it adds something to the world space? Are the textures/meshes overly large? Is this stable and/or need to be cleaned via TESedit? Sorry for all the questions -- and happy late holidays/new year : )

Lolilab is stable but its huge file(1.7gb) so always put it on bottom loadorder even when BOSS wanne place it higher this is importend or you will crash.Tes5Edit always unless other wise adviced by author of mod.

I myself have removed many armors becouse i don't like them so my filesize is around 800mb. I got a small lolilab file and large lolilab file now:)

post-232301-0-97771800-1389856294_thumb.jpg

lolilabs is basically an armor pack, adds a basement with a special anvil and workbench for crafting these armors

Where does it add a basement? And do I need to coc/teleport there?

Lolilab is stable but its huge file(1.7gb) so always put it on bottom loadorder even when BOSS wanne place it higher this is importend or you will crash.Tes5Edit always unless other wise adviced by author of mod.

I myself have removed many armors becouse i don't like them so my filesize is around 800mb. I got a small lolilab file and large lolilab file now:)

Well, I don't see any reason to remove meshes/textures from the folders, since they're standalone and will not be loaded unless I specifically craft them; so I don't see any reason this would cause a performance loss (other than navigating through the anvil's catagories/armord and perhaps having it crash -- I have 6GB vRAM however so I'm good here -- memory limit is another story though).

Thanks guys in advance : )

Hoping someone can answer a question for me.  I've downloaded this mod and quite enjoy it, however I play a boy character.  I notice that one of the optional downloads is for a voice replacement as a female character.  Considering that a girl's voice is probably closer to what I'd like to hear than the vanilla man's voice for my boy character, is there a simple change I could make to the folder or files to have them load while playing a boy toon?  For instance, the folder is called 'femaleeventoned'... would changing that to 'maleeventoned' have any effect whatsoever?

Also, while I did start a seperate thread for this question, does anyone know of any clothes for boys?  So many great things for girls, but I'm feeling a bit left out :P

I think LDW have some boys clothes seek it up on this site.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15220-armor-conversions-for-yii-techniques-labors-cots/

RCoTS have prolly also male clothes and its same body type so you can use what that mod also offers, there both compatible you can install them both if you want.

RCotS is little different then original but they both based on UNP body type.

RCoTS is most updated and still worked on  CoTS R2 is dead mod no upgrades last is 1.5 years ago.

Some minor change made by en-hawk with skeleton plus update.

For voice im not sure but BACK UP your folder and replace it see what happen.

Ok, I'm at a complete loss.  Been playing the game with Cots installed for a few days now.  I've had a couple of issues with various armor packs causing me to CTD, but removing them solved the issue.  This morning I decided to try the armor pack again, this time adjusting the load order and playing around with that.  I didn't crash, but when I logged on to continue my last game, I was informed that the save relied on info that was no longer, etc. etc.  I started it.  What greeted me instead of my cool boy toon was a shriveled pale old man in rags with literally no face.  I deleted the armor mod.  Loaded up, same old faceless man.  I used the main file from Cots to overwrite the existing one, reloading it.  Old man.  I have a brand new saved copy of the Data file from my recent fresh install, so I deleted my existing Data folder, replaced it with the base one, installed Cots anew, and only cots.  Old man.  Desperate, I deleted all local files from Steam, deleted my Skyrim game folder and reinstalled.  I further downloaded an all new copy of Cots and installed just that.  I've been patching for hours.  Finally, I can play again.  Old man.  I would pull my hair out at this point, if I didn't keep it shaved.  Please, can someone help?