Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 ?

This game hasn't been dogged with the same level of "controversy" as CP 2077, but there were red flags being raised for me when I heard Dana Schwartz (I think that's her surname) was in charge of this. She's a known SJW and what's going on with the game is par for the course for SJW-led projects: alienate the original fans, pander to people who don't play video games, and get rid of anyone who doesn't agree with you (especially if they're white men).

The two men fired worked on the original and helped make it the classic it is. I'm not that up on old World of Darkness, but what I'd seen and learned from the two Vampire games and the three Hunter: The Reckoning games and even some of the RPG books are what got me into new World of Darkness until White-Wolf released The God-Machine Chronicles (the less said about that the better). I've just lost all hopes for this game.

At this point, I'm not against buying the game, though it's only on my wishlist, I haven't pre-ordered it. But I think I have more faith in Shadows of New York to be good, than BL2. It still could be good, and for a few reasons, the delays are understandable. 

Most of what I've seen out of the teasers and such don't really suggest issues, but I've seen this as a series where, offense is possible, but not directed at anyone, no matter the reason. You don't get called the right gender? Uh, maybe they don't know? Or it isn't important that they know, and it, in that moment, doesn't matter.  Rather, more important is your character, which gender is only a part of.

The fact that anything can cause offense, does not mean that writers or other content creators for basically anything, should have to walk on or around eggshells with their work. If you are offended, well, if it is at a trailer? Don't engage with that content, any further - especially if you have NO intention of buying it at all, or don't otherwise INVEST(either monetarily or emotionally) into certain forms of media or genres. If you have actually purchased the game/book/movie/etc, then while perhaps your take on it isn't irrelevant, the idea of wanting the thing to go away is ridiculous. 

It's like those who would complain about Hazbin Hotel, or the more recent Addict video. I love both, and would certainly plan on buying the series when possible. 

11 hours ago, Alter Native said:

It'll be the end of the franchise sjw non-straight characters or black characters in a vampire story.

How dare they.

It'll be the end of it all :lol:.

There are certainly reasons to be concerned about the project right now, but the "sjw" people are my least concern.

What a shock and surprise, given how perceptive and keen you are.

Meanwhile in the real world, 4 journalists associated with #GG are writers that just got promoted to permanent positions within hardsuit  and the person they put in charge of the game is one of the people that regularly sexually assaulted people at Ubi$haft and tried to cover it by mandating diversity hires in Ubi's marketing department until he was given a generous severance package and told to look for work and sexual conquest elsewhere.

This game is dead.

12 hours ago, Voldearag said:

Pardon me, please tell me if you know, is this Dana Schwartz you speak of also in charge of the upcoming game Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood?

No clue. I haven't heard anything about it yet. I'm not even sure what's going on with this game anymore. And right now it looks like no one outside of Hardsuit and Paradox do.

I can't say I'm surprised the game's suddenly having "issues" right now. Like I said in the OP, putting Ms. Dana in charge immediately raised red flags when I first heard the news. After everything that's happened with Ubisoft to boot, I refuse to buy anything they're even tangentially involved in. They're down there with Take-Two, Activision, and EA in my book and that's only because they fuck up everything they come in contact with.

10 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Is it moddable? As in: modders can add anatomicaly correct people and animations and content and stuff?

If yes: this is bad.

If no: I don't care.

If it's like the first game, no. The best folks could do with that is texture replacers, not even mesh replacers.

Definitely concerned about firing such key members of their team.  The trigger warnings and gender stuff and what have you seem like ultimately unintrusive things in my opinion, just features for people that aren't me and probably wouldn't really get in my way.  If the devs want to dedicate the code to those features, then whatever I guess.  I'm personally much more interested in seeing how the core of the game changes now that it's under new management.  I hope the guys they let go get the credit and pay they're rightfully owed for all the work they did.  Dropping them like that and delaying things, right as the game was due to release like next month, if I remember right, just feels downright dishonorable.  Project would have to be just about done by now, and that's not the kind of move a company makes when they've got a finished project that just needs a little touching up before release.  It'll be interesting seeing how this situation develops, that's for sure.