Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

On 6/3/2021 at 12:00 AM, Bizarro said:

Am I reading this right lol? I realize we're on LL but you seriously think developers spend years crafting amazing characters with many traits, good character development, and you say they should better focus on creating sexy bodies with sexy underwear?
I know we're all here mostly for sex mods and such but come on. 

no you skip a step 1 graphics 2nd story (like the withcher 1 or 2 3rd gameplay ,that is for a single player game and i did hear you say "developers spend years crafting amazing characters" i mean aloy is a good character the dialogue it works for what it is and that`s it if i knew what ugly clothes and arsenal this game have got i would have skipped it...

15 hours ago, doxohoxo said:

no you skip a step 1 graphics 2nd story (like the withcher 1 or 2 3rd gameplay ,that is for a single player game and i did hear you say "developers spend years crafting amazing characters" i mean aloy is a good character the dialogue it works for what it is and that`s it if i knew what ugly clothes and arsenal this game have got i would have skipped it...

Again, I'm nobody to judge anyone but I do find it pretty sad to hear people play games merely out of aesthetic/if the girl looks bangable/if it has skimpy enough clothes.

12 hours ago, Bizarro said:

Again, I'm nobody to judge anyone but I do find it pretty sad to hear people play games merely out of aesthetic/if the girl looks bangable/if it has skimpy enough clothes.

And yet, here you are on a site dedicated especially to this type of modding.  Modding gives games replay value.  Also, in my own preference, I use the nude mod to SWIM.  I don't think Aloy would fare well trying to cross a lake in full armor.  I doubt anyone would unless they can breathe under water. 

Immersion and FANTASY is what makes these games more enjoyable.  Don't we all have enough problems IRL already?

If you don't like it, don't use it!  Problem solved.  I don't tell you what to wear or what car to drive.

Some people don't like freckles.... I think they are adorable!!!  But I don't complain to those that don't.

Life is hard... enjoy a little fantasy.

56 minutes ago, Runco990 said:

And yet, here you are on a site dedicated especially to this type of modding.  Modding gives games replay value.  Also, in my own preference, I use the nude mod to SWIM.  I don't think Aloy would fare well trying to cross a lake in full armor.  I doubt anyone would unless they can breathe under water. 

Immersion and FANTASY is what makes these games more enjoyable.  Don't we all have enough problems IRL already?

If you don't like it, don't use it!  Problem solved.  I don't tell you what to wear or what car to drive.

Some people don't like freckles.... I think they are adorable!!!  But I don't complain to those that don't.

Agreed.  I have always viewed video games as escapism, no more, no less.  You can escape in to an ultra realistic world or a purely fantastical fictional one or anything in between, the important thing is that it fulfills your personal want at that given moment.  It's a completely personal experience, especially in single player games like Horizon, hence the various reactions to Aloy's new face, caused by people's attachment or lack thereof to the character and their experiences with her.

Judging others reactions to game characters or projecting your own opinions on to them will always upset and alienate others.  This whole site is testimony to the variety of tastes within this community and the lengths people will go to to further their fun with a given game.  The key here is fun and extracting it where you can, in an increasingly grim world.  Happy thoughts??

2 hours ago, Runco990 said:

And yet, here you are on a site dedicated especially to this type of modding.

Well sure, but... not to put words in the other person's mouth, you can like something without only liking that thing.

I like hot naked ladies.

But I don't only like ladies when they're hot and naked.

11 hours ago, Runco990 said:

You completely missed my point mate. I am here for the kind of mods we find here and yes modding gives a lot of replay value but again, you missed my point.
I don't come here because without sex mods I cannot enjoy a game. It adds to the replay value, enhances gameplay, scratches the usual itches and things like that, but I was merely discussing that apparently some people cannot enjoy a game without their own nude mod. This kinda shifts the bar quite a bit imo.
But sure, to each their own.

9 hours ago, jpackinwood said:

Well sure, but... not to put words in the other person's mouth, you can like something without only liking that thing.

I like hot naked ladies.

But I don't only like ladies when they're hot and naked.

This is exactly my TL;DR and totally agree. It's a nice plus. A very nice plus. But I'd still enjoy the game anyway.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:09 AM, orangy said:

Insertion Armor (replaces Chieftain outfit)

Info: There is a strange old world tech, Insertion device that helps Aloy regenerate health by direct injection.  It is rather embarrassing to wear such a thing, especially in public when Aloy or... anyways, this is something very useful, okay?

version 1.2

-fixed neck area

aloy_insertion_armor.7z 25.85 MB · 951 downloads

1530304465_HorizonZeroDawn_Mon_Mar__8_03-45-11_2021.thumb.png.0fe5fbca785a3f86de3d3c68750b96fc.png

Well, Orangy may be on to something with the insertion armor.......  https://www.sciencealert.com/pigs-and-rodents-can-breathe-through-their-butts-apparently

On 6/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, PositronLazor69 said:

@orangyi tried this on other meshes that arent importable with 1.0.4, but even if i leave them unedited, they disappear ingame.

that is not necessarily a bad thing, when wanting th hide them, but i am a bit worried that they might glitch out or something in rare cases.

I just prefer to have control over what is happening with the meshes.

So, did you find a way of editing them without disappearing them?

You been able to make any progress? Hope all is going well ^^ what are your plans if i may ask?

On 4/18/2021 at 8:51 AM, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

@azurebr How did you get the arms to work? Everything else works for the most part so far in my attempt, but the arms are completly busted, and I can't figure out how to use weight painting to fix it.

Here is my work in progress.

Still need to fix the UV's on some  of the parts, like the bags and such, and I have to figure out the proper weight painting for her pussy, but the arms are completly busted right now. I would appreciate any help (like which bones I should use for her upper arms, or how I should paint the arms). 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 004908.png

Screenshot 2021-04-18 005034.png

Any word on this mod update? The Aloy topless with beads is literally the one Ive been waiting for! Hopefully she's barefoot too :D

On 4/18/2021 at 3:51 AM, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

@azurebr How did you get the arms to work? Everything else works for the most part so far in my attempt, but the arms are completly busted, and I can't figure out how to use weight painting to fix it.

Here is my work in progress.

Still need to fix the UV's on some  of the parts, like the bags and such, and I have to figure out the proper weight painting for her pussy, but the arms are completly busted right now. I would appreciate any help (like which bones I should use for her upper arms, or how I should paint the arms). 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 004908.png

Screenshot 2021-04-18 005034.png

Any update on this please? :3

On 6/1/2021 at 3:06 PM, orangy said:

To fix the seeker token, the modder will need to use the meshtool version 1.02, and import the seeker token with that.  Then hide the token, and the export.  Version 1.03 and version 1.04 of the modtool cannot import the seeker token.

What is this meshtool 1.02?

Also I'd like a detailed how to on removing the seeker mark from his mod as well. Something explaining the different LOD as to why it only disappears when up close and how to remove it. Please any help to point me in the right direction would be amazing. I just have no experience with this kind of stuff but want to learn.

To remove the seeker mark, you have to use Aloy's Adjustements and swap an outfit model  without the seeker (I choosed Carja Storm Ranger) to the specific outfit you wanted to play

Now I have to wear the Carja outfit to use the modded outfit.

Edited by leighn

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a humble request:

Are these mods all available on the Nexus? If it's a little more distributed, could someone in the know please make a catalogue with links to the currently available/latest versions of the mods (maybe also mentioning any outstanding issues in the mods, if any)?

This would be very helpful to avoid getting lost or chasing wrong leads.

Also, any tips or suggestions to keep in mind for getting the mods to work/show up for a new player who has never played the game would be nice too!

Warm thanks to all the modders for their beautiful work. :heart: