Bbird9

General discussion

@Olaf Sand Thats what it looks like.It seems to be just for lists as im interpreting the header of Oystermugs  topic.

This topic is for uploaded archiev links but its nice to have a content list attached.

@Oystermug We also could merge/move this one into yours and change the title of the topic?

2 hours ago, daspex said:

@Olaf Sand Thats what it looks like.It seems to be just for lists as im interpreting the header of Oystermugs  topic.

This topic is for uploaded archiev links but its nice to have a content list attached.

@Oystermug We also could merge/move this one into yours and change the title of the topic?

Well... I'm going to hold off actually uploading anything unless I see there's something y'all are missing, because I'm sure most of you have much larger collections than I, and, much of mine is customized, and I'll be DAMNED if I know who any of its authors are.

15 hours ago, daspex said:

A merge would probably be best. A list of links is still just a list.

The idea is for people to know what content is available w/o having to reupload everything.

11 minutes ago, daspex said:

Ok. Will you merge it with your topic?

As per your request, I merged your forum into mine (I didn't have the power to merge mine into yours), so your "Upload Links" posts now appear in my "Show Us What You've Got" forum.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I installed Hook5 and I'm pretty sure I put all the files where they need to be but when I try to start the game with DirectX the log console pops up and tells me "DirectX Version 8 or higher is not installed or damaged". I've run dxdiag and it tells me DirectX 11 is installed and there is no problems. Has anyone else run into this problem and know of a solution?

3 hours ago, blindside18 said:

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I installed Hook5 and I'm pretty sure I put all the files where they need to be but when I try to start the game with DirectX the log console pops up and tells me "DirectX Version 8 or higher is not installed or damaged". I've run dxdiag and it tells me DirectX 11 is installed and there is no problems. Has anyone else run into this problem and know of a solution?

I do believe this is what you need. As far as I can remember, basically install everything and it should fix the problem. All credit to the Modsgardener formally known as 'dimid' for putting this together.

Pack_fix_dimisd.7z

On 10/17/2020 at 6:01 AM, Number251137 said:

I do believe this is what you need. As far as I can remember, basically install everything and it should fix the problem. All credit to the Modsgardener formally known as 'dimid' for putting this together.

Pack_fix_dimisd.7z 212.65 MB · 4 downloads

I installed everything in the fix pack but there is a DirectX 9 folder that I don't know where to place. And I'm still getting the same message that DirectX 8 or higher is not installed or is damaged. The diagnostic tool tells me DirectX 11 is installed and working fine.

2 hours ago, blindside18 said:

I installed everything in the fix pack but there is a DirectX 9 folder that I don't know where to place. And I'm still getting the same message that DirectX 8 or higher is not installed or is damaged. The diagnostic tool tells me DirectX 11 is installed and working fine.

Hmmm. I'm afraid that is where my technical expertise ends, I'm afraid. Anyone else have any ideas? 

13 hours ago, blindside18 said:

This is NOT a Directx 11 game, this is a DirectX 8 game (Higher, if you plan to use Hook5). Previous DirectX versions were deprecated all the way back in Windows 7. You need to install the DirectX 2010 SDK as well as the runtimes OysterMug linked to in THIS post...

If you have a Directx9 FOLDER, that's probably where this install file is.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:54 AM, blindside18 said:

Follow the instructions in the posts found here.

2 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Follow the instructions in the posts found here.

I had already installed  Microsoft DirectX June 2010 SDK  a few days ago when I first encountered this problem and still got the same message, but this morning I found a solution. Reading through the logs I saw that the error was with the d3d8.dll file that was in the games binaries folder. So I copied the same file from my windows folder and replaced it. Now everything seems to be working great.

6 hours ago, EJAX said:

This is NOT a Directx 11 game, this is a DirectX 8 game (Higher, if you plan to use Hook5). Previous DirectX versions were deprecated all the way back in Windows 7. You need to install the DirectX 2010 SDK as well as the runtimes OysterMug linked to in THIS post...

Is DirectX 11 not higher than DirectX 8?

I've been hanging out with "The Klub" a long time. More then 6 years. I am not proud of it and between all the hard drive failures and bade events it existed... Now to question the "game play" ? Shit.. That is like asking what was "dating" like in the 90's. Those days you hold a 5 draw and 4 to re-draw from and spare.

These days, you get snapchats cam story shoved in you face... You fail the roll straight to jail. IRL girls are DEEP within "the game" Hypergamy nothing. Back to the plantation or she will accept the gang bang.. In fact she'll take a gang bang just to cut you for even caring.

But unlike the 40+ year old junkie girl at the bar there was never a chance to get a STD.... Well maybe a computer virus. I didn't call I didn't write. and It has been over 2 years since running into her. Maybe it's for the best.

But damn. She was more freaky and vibrant then games on the market to date. It's like comparing a proper WarCraft 4... verus a Warcraft 3 Re-Frogg-ed. and Warcraft 3 with mods.

Do NOT "give it away give it away give it away now.." it only leads to more destruction. That's is all. 

7 hours ago, blindside18 said:

My laptop runs a GTX 525 guess what.. It runs fine. I added all the required updates and still failed.. BUT HERE IS THE TRICK.. DID YOU.. ADD THAT PROGRAM to THE NIVIDA control PANEL Apps? If you didn't be it win 7 or win 10.... IT WILL ALWAYS FAIL.

Internal gfx accelerated must be the integrated card period. 

16 hours ago, blindside18 said:

All versions of DirectX up to v11 were 100% backwards compatible with earlier versions.

Windows 10 comes with DX12, which broke that compatibility. So you need to install the missing libraries from DX9.0c and .Net 3.5 to restore that compatibility.

10 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

I've been hanging out with "The Klub" a long time. More then 6 years. I am not proud of it and between all the hard drive failures and bade events it existed... Now to question the "game play" ? Shit.. That is like asking what was "dating" like in the 90's. Those days you hold a 5 draw and 4 to re-draw from and spare.

These days, you get snapchats cam story shoved in you face... You fail the roll straight to jail. IRL girls are DEEP within "the game" Hypergamy nothing. Back to the plantation or she will accept the gang bang.. In fact she'll take a gang bang just to cut you for even caring.

But unlike the 40+ year old junkie girl at the bar there was never a chance to get a STD.... Well maybe a computer virus. I didn't call I didn't write. and It has been over 2 years since running into her. Maybe it's for the best.

But damn. She was more freaky and vibrant then games on the market to date. It's like comparing a proper WarCraft 4... verus a Warcraft 3 Re-Frogg-ed. and Warcraft 3 with mods.

Do NOT "give it away give it away give it away now.." it only leads to more destruction. That's is all. 

Lol, how quickly this forum becomes like MG by the minute.

@HiShmexDrive  Double WTF?

I tried reading it as if he/she (could be either) had done a Google translate from the origimal Russian or whatver Babel he/she speaks, then made allowances for he/she being under the influence and it is still impossible to discern any sense. Maybe he/she has kidnapped Motoraika?