Jump to content
Bbird9

General discussion

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, boomshanka said:

What the fuck?

 

8 hours ago, Arse22 said:

Lol, how quickly this forum becomes like MG by the minute.

 

4 hours ago, bogbrush said:

@HiShmexDrive  Double WTF?

 

I tried reading it as if he/she (could be either) had done a Google translate from the origimal Russian or whatver Babel he/she speaks, then made allowances for he/she being under the influence and it is still impossible to discern any sense. Maybe he/she has kidnapped Motoraika?

 

4 hours ago, aykekarallo said:

I thought I hadn't understood the post because of the language barrier, but now I see that I don't ... people's heads are blown away

... it is not intended "easy to read"... it is intended as acknowledgement using the slang and history of that time.

 

What part of the lingo did you not understand. I'll be happy to share with you the secrets of the Horadric cube.

Link to post
10 hours ago, OysterMug said:

All versions of DirectX up to v11 were 100% backwards compatible with earlier versions.

 

Windows 10 comes with DX12, which broke that compatibility. So you need to install the missing libraries from DX9.0c and .Net 3.5 to restore that compatibility.

I tried the dgVoodoo. But then I remembered a few steps I needed to use... Pretty sure Windows 10 would kill this laptop.

 

I had to specify on my laptop via the NVidia control panel to add program and make sure it used the GPU vs the CPU for rendering. It's an older model Dell.

 

 

 

Old Computer.png

Link to post

Hi all. Im new and im running The Klub 17 v10. So what is the best version to use??? I wanna be able to download poses and make poses to share. Also how would I install poses from others?? Im a noob. Anything would help. Thank you.

Link to post
16 hours ago, OysterMug said:

All versions of DirectX up to v11 were 100% backwards compatible with earlier versions.

 

Windows 10 comes with DX12, which broke that compatibility. So you need to install the missing libraries from DX9.0c and .Net 3.5 to restore that compatibility.

 

6 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

I tried the dgVoodoo. But then I remembered a few steps I needed to use... Pretty sure Windows 10 would kill this laptop.

 

I had to specify on my laptop via the NVidia control panel to add program and make sure it used the GPU vs the CPU for rendering. It's an older model Dell.

 

 

 

Old Computer.png

Windows 7 with Intel HD graphics is what I've got installed on this laptop. And it seems to be working fine, or I should say now I can start the game with DirectX. I'm trying to figure out this Hook5 stuff now.

Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 7:23 PM, blindside18 said:

Is DirectX 11 not higher than DirectX 8?

Higher yes, compatible, no. You still need the dx8 runtimes which are no longer part of DirectX. There's only like two of them, and you can install them separately if you know what they are (which I don't off the top pf my head). But the easiest way to get them, along with anything else your older games might need, is just to install the 2010 SDK. It won't affect DX11.

Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 2:32 AM, HiShmexDrive said:

I've been hanging out with "The Klub" a long time. More then 6 years. I am not proud of it and between all the hard drive failures and bade events it existed... Now to question the "game play" ? Shit.. That is like asking what was "dating" like in the 90's. Those days you hold a 5 draw and 4 to re-draw from and spare.

 

These days, you get snapchats cam story shoved in you face... You fail the roll straight to jail. IRL girls are DEEP within "the game" Hypergamy nothing. Back to the plantation or she will accept the gang bang.. In fact she'll take a gang bang just to cut you for even caring.

 

But unlike the 40+ year old junkie girl at the bar there was never a chance to get a STD.... Well maybe a computer virus. I didn't call I didn't write. and It has been over 2 years since running into her. Maybe it's for the best.

 

But damn. She was more freaky and vibrant then games on the market to date. It's like comparing a proper WarCraft 4... verus a Warcraft 3 Re-Frogg-ed. and Warcraft 3 with mods.

 

Do NOT "give it away give it away give it away now.." it only leads to more destruction. That's is all. 

I haven't dated since the 70's -- which must be why I didn't understand a fucking word of that!

Link to post
6 hours ago, soadx69 said:

Hi all. Im new and im running The Klub 17 v10. So what is the best version to use??? I wanna be able to download poses and make poses to share. Also how would I install poses from others?? Im a noob. Anything would help. Thank you.

Like everything else, "best" is a matter of opinion. If you want to be able to do everything this program is capable of, and don't mind the extra ten-thousand pose sliders, then go with VX (latest update, of course). If you like to keep things simple, then 7.5 is your game. You CAN have both versions installed at the same time, you just can't have multiple copies of the same version (registry conflicts).

 

Personally, having hung around the MG for quite a while (not saying how long), I have to ask: "why do you even bother upgrading to VX if you can't be bothered to use the finger sliders"? I know, I know... HOOK5... Y'all should just rename this forum The Hook From Hell, and be done with it! (it's about all anyone ever talks about).

 

P.S. If you absolutely MUST HAVE working "clothing fix" sliders then don't upgrade to anything newer than version M (I think). Hopefully that will be fixed in the next update (if there even IS a next update.. I haven't seen much of the regular crew lately, unless they're here under assumed names (and who isn't, really?))

Link to post

Technically I am not new to the game. I started messing with it since it was still known with its original name. But for some reason I could NEVER EVER managed to make anything to work well like lets say in Skyrim or Fallout. Its either the models (saves) are not showing in the game, or the mods are not showing and stuff like that.

A few months ago I still had that FlashBangz repack. Everything was fine. Then I deleted the game because Ive lost interest. Recently I tried to install new version of it and for some reason the game is loading my save from the FlashBangz version which is long time gone and I don't have any files left. How is this possible is beyond me. I even deleted the registry entries and such. The funny thing is the FlashBangz version was loading some saves which I remember from YEARS ago... long time deleted files. I can't remember how I fixed it tho.

Now its total mess again - fixed the saves, everything works, decided to download better body - the old textures appear black.... And other fun events like that.

 

I just wish this game was like Honey Select. With self updater and hundred times better modding system. I am modding various games since I was a kid and this is by far the worst platform I stumbled upon. I am just waiting for some other big repack like Flashbangz but with more stuff included so I can just play for fun. Speaking of fun, its funny because I am running my Skyrim and Fallout with 400+ mods each and I always manage to make them work perfectly but this game is something else... lol

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dehaka said:

its funny because I am running my Skyrim and Fallout with 400+ mods each and I always manage to make them work perfectly but this game is something else... lol

It's the game engine.. DX8 base, single threaded. We've been screaming for a 64 bit version for how many years now? I don't know if DX8 will even run in a 64 bit configuration.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, EJAX said:

It's the game engine.. DX8 base, single threaded. We've been screaming for a 64 bit version for how many years now? I don't know if DX8 will even run in a 64 bit configuration.

I didn't think was even possible without some serious re-building of the game from the ground up. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, aykekarallo said:

just a small clarification: you can have several copies of a version, at least in VX (I have three, without conflicts) as long as they are installed as "Portable".
Although it is true that I would not recommend to have more than one to a newbie.

True, but you have to always start with the launcher so it updates the registry. The installer won't let you do it, though; you'll have to copy your current installation (or delete the registry key). I probably shouldn't announce that to the world, now I'll never hear the end of it! lol

Link to post
2 hours ago, Dehaka said:

Recently I tried to install new version of it and for some reason the game is loading my save from the FlashBangz version which is long time gone...

That's what I meant by "registry conflicts". Go to the folder you want to run it from, open the save folder, run "portable.reg", it'll update your registry (famous last words).

 

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY: You can cause the program to load with two completely different sets of settings (say you want to have a different bunch of actors, different rooms, or even a completely different set of addons)... Depending on how you start the program it will read from either portable.reg (launcher) or the registry (TK17-XXX.exe). What I just told you to do will put portable.reg into the registry. I thought I should mention that, in the all-too-likely event that you now find yourself saying, "GREAT!! I listened to this asshole and now all my addons are missing!"

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dehaka said:

Technically I am not new to the game. I started messing with it since it was still known with its original name. But for some reason I could NEVER EVER managed to make anything to work well like lets say in Skyrim or Fallout. Its either the models (saves) are not showing in the game, or the mods are not showing and stuff like that.

A few months ago I still had that FlashBangz repack. Everything was fine. Then I deleted the game because Ive lost interest. Recently I tried to install new version of it and for some reason the game is loading my save from the FlashBangz version which is long time gone and I don't have any files left. How is this possible is beyond me. I even deleted the registry entries and such. The funny thing is the FlashBangz version was loading some saves which I remember from YEARS ago... long time deleted files. I can't remember how I fixed it tho.

Now its total mess again - fixed the saves, everything works, decided to download better body - the old textures appear black.... And other fun events like that.

 

I just wish this game was like Honey Select. With self updater and hundred times better modding system. I am modding various games since I was a kid and this is by far the worst platform I stumbled upon. I am just waiting for some other big repack like Flashbangz but with more stuff included so I can just play for fun. Speaking of fun, its funny because I am running my Skyrim and Fallout with 400+ mods each and I always manage to make them work perfectly but this game is something else... lol

It's definitely not for the feint of heart and if you are modding this game you will ideally get your feet wet in a. actual 3d like blender or b. programming and scripting, though being able to read or fix script bugs yourself works wonders, you're not going to get any visual scripting interface here, you'll need to extract with shell tools and rawdog it in plain text. This is all consequence of the fact that it was never uh, 'intended' to be modded, at least originally, if you catch my drift. Not that bad in the grand scheme, but definitely requires a little more self-starter effort for more intermediate modder.

Link to post
10 hours ago, EJAX said:

That's what I meant by "registry conflicts". Go to the folder you want to run it from, open the save folder, run "portable.reg", it'll update your registry (famous last words).

 

Yes I checked the registry keys. This was the first thing I did. Everything was alright. All save paths were leading to the new version. The strange thing is I am missing the save folder from all my previous installments so I don't know where it loads the save from lol. I was hunting for that mystery save folder copy for 1-2 hours, in the hidden folders, the local data folders and what not. 

Link to post
14 hours ago, Dehaka said:

Technically I am not new to the game. I started messing with it since it was still known with its original name. But for some reason I could NEVER EVER managed to make anything to work well like lets say in Skyrim or Fallout. Its either the models (saves) are not showing in the game, or the mods are not showing and stuff like that.

A few months ago I still had that FlashBangz repack. Everything was fine. Then I deleted the game because Ive lost interest. Recently I tried to install new version of it and for some reason the game is loading my save from the FlashBangz version which is long time gone and I don't have any files left. How is this possible is beyond me. I even deleted the registry entries and such. The funny thing is the FlashBangz version was loading some saves which I remember from YEARS ago... long time deleted files. I can't remember how I fixed it tho.

Now its total mess again - fixed the saves, everything works, decided to download better body - the old textures appear black.... And other fun events like that.

 

I just wish this game was like Honey Select. With self updater and hundred times better modding system. I am modding various games since I was a kid and this is by far the worst platform I stumbled upon. I am just waiting for some other big repack like Flashbangz but with more stuff included so I can just play for fun. Speaking of fun, its funny because I am running my Skyrim and Fallout with 400+ mods each and I always manage to make them work perfectly but this game is something else... lol

It's complete bullshit.. There are far too many API calls it makes use of. It's old, decrepit, bloated, shits it's pants, tracks it through the house... Yeah, I actually supported the HOOK 5 development.. Odd thing is it LITERALLY RUINED several working builds and installs. Even running on different computers. "Oh great. All my models and girls are demonic shadow fanged beasts.. Welp at least they are still fit and skinny". I even went and restored registry backups, spent time deleting entries for the game and stripped it down to bare bones. HOOK5 still managed to fuck everything up. So I walked away for a couple of years. In the meantime I understand the half the community was on Hook4 holding out.. the other half on Hook5. 

 

But it's human hubris... Even the time I registered my username the backend was throwing errors.. Errors in which a script kiddie could pull a "pwned" for just for clout, yeah if a web board is up long enough you can be damned certain it will attract psychos and degenerates that get kicked out.

 

Can you imagine the electronic warfare that Something Awful and Ebaums world must be under nonstop from banned members? 

 

What shocked me in events of Twitter accounts being hacked. They went on to post really stupid shit.. "Hey shout out to my boy.", "I'm saying the N-Word. [REDACT]!!!" "Yolo."  Like ZERO self awareness of the world. Could have been red-pilling people. Could have sat eavesdropping and finding out all the toxic/evil/malicious shit. Could have stopped the censorship, shadow-bans, lies, exposed the money flowing in from outside nations and the elite? Nah... Throw a fucking N-word out there. Yolo. Hax.. TFW you are so smart.. your actually on the spectrum for having a Wisdom score of 0.

 

The last one? All high profile...

"Hey, I'm giving away bitcoin click this link and download your virus today"

 

It you still want to deal with all that garbage that is TK17 throw me a PM and I'll send you the "decrypter" or whatever the fuck it is... for being honest. Zero updates from Hook5 author since September.. Patron funds are still rolling in to him. I have my hopes on the Illusion team and community. Add-on to main game new H scenes/positions and dialog options. Maybe people will push the modders to not cater to people who just use studio neo. One thing that TK17 never had was proper transition scenes from one position to another. And most animations was on a looping timer. 

 

BUT... I will admit TK17 was pretty savvy, to be able to patch in voice work. That is/was pretty cool. Not to mention the community worked together to fix things.. Granted, may have it was under-duress and pressure from the rest of the community to put their ego aside get over the butt hurt and "feelings" to finish the mod or the fix to the code-base compatible with someone others finished fix because ("I fixed it... No. _I_ fixed it.. Mine should be included. No _MINE_ should be included.)

 

There are a ton of innovative fixes and ideas used for various problems that the community solved TOGETHER (something that the Illusion community has yet to resolve). For that reason alone it should be kept.. (but the sprawl, hubris, duplicates and random shit thrown in there... and no way to optimize things without a complete rework... smh).

Link to post
10 hours ago, Dehaka said:

 

Yes I checked the registry keys. This was the first thing I did. Everything was alright. All save paths were leading to the new version. The strange thing is I am missing the save folder from all my previous installments so I don't know where it loads the save from lol. I was hunting for that mystery save folder copy for 1-2 hours, in the hidden folders, the local data folders and what not. 

Well, unless the FlashBang version (whatever that is) added yet another config file, the registry or portable reg are the only two places it gets path data from. It has to be one or the other.

Link to post
8 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

Could have stopped the censorship, shadow-bans, lies, exposed the money flowing in from outside nations and the elite? Nah... Throw a fucking N-word out there.

It got YOU yelling, didn't it?! Apparently it worked!

Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...