11 hours ago, MonVert said:

Like I said, it doesn't take a lot to hit 16k. You'll hit half that just installing all the main sexlab animation packs, and animated armoury adds nearly 2-3k total animations. Live Action surpasses AA in animation count, and essentially means I have to pick and choose because some dude wants to put an arbitrary cap on things. >_>

I currently have SexLab + multiple SLAL anim packs + DAR-LA installed and I'm still below 16k. DAR counts the total amount of ALL animation files you have installed. Even vanilla skyrim animations. Afaik SexLab (LE) only supports 500 human/creature animations without help of third party mods. Sure, one can install say 1000, 2000 or even more animations, but not enable all of them in standard SexLab.

You will have to choose what animations you want in your game. Do you really need 20 different SexLab anim packs with animations that rarely see use? Do you need this or that little animation replacer? Do you need DAR to replace this idle animation? It's your choice. Install what you deem necessary for your gameplay.

Not sure where the animation limit in DAR comes from. Might not be made by choice but to ensure stability within the mod? There's probably a reason why it's hardcoded.

17 minutes ago, Þursona said:

I currently have SexLab + multiple SLAL anim packs + DAR-LA installed and I'm still below 16k. DAR counts the total amount of ALL animation files you have installed. Even vanilla skyrim animations. Afaik SexLab (LE) only supports 500 human/creature animations without help of third party mods. Sure, one can install say 1000, 2000 or even more animations, but not enable all of them in standard SexLab.

You will have to choose what animations you want in your game. Do you really need 20 different SexLab anim packs with animations that rarely see use? Do you need this or that little animation replacer? Do you need DAR to replace this idle animation? It's your choice. Install what you deem necessary for your gameplay.

Not sure where the animation limit in DAR comes from. Might not be made by choice but to ensure stability within the mod? There's probably a reason why it's hardcoded.

Dunno, but my SLAL SE states I have 900 animations registered...  It takes a while to register, but it hasn't complained yet. Also, each stage of the animation counts against your total. FNIS shows you these actual numbers very well. Just Billy  Leito, and Zozz is nearly 3k animations, if not more. Also, any poser packs count against your total, as well, for some inane reason. (Halo's pack is 9k~ alone, according to Nemesis)

The fact that Nemesis was made to bypass the 22k~ animation limit should be proof enough that the game can handle having more animations....add to the fact that I can have 50k total animations loaded in to the game, and the game functions just fine means the 16k limit on DAR seems mighty suspect to me. ?

1 hour ago, MonVert said:

Dunno, but my SLAL SE states I have 900 animations registered...  It takes a while to register, but it hasn't complained yet. Also, each stage of the animation counts against your total. FNIS shows you these actual numbers very well. Just Billy  Leito, and Zozz is nearly 3k animations, if not more. Also, any poser packs count against your total, as well, for some inane reason. (Halo's pack is 9k~ alone, according to Nemesis)

The fact that Nemesis was made to bypass the 22k~ animation limit should be proof enough that the game can handle having more animations....add to the fact that I can have 50k total animations loaded in to the game, and the game functions just fine means the 16k limit on DAR seems mighty suspect to me. ?

16384 as a cap makes you wonder - it's the maximum number you can express in 14 binary digits. I sure as heck have no idea why this could matter, but maybe DAR indexes animations in 14 bits, if that's even possible ;) I use Billy's, Anub's, Baka's, Nibble's, Psyche's and a few others, including ZAZ, MNC and Btasqan's Funnybizz. Why? One, because I've noticed that the most recent animations tend to look much better, with their own stage progression and more detail put on those extra moving bones :P Secondly, because some are requirements of certain mods. I've tried but I can't see a reason to drop any of those I mentioned, either because they're required, or because they stand out for quality. I've also used Nymra's SexLab - Remove Standard Animations

which I leave a link to, in case some of you are struggling with animation count and aren't aware of it. It removes all stock animations from sexlab, which (IMHO at least) haven't aged that well, from being loaded, so they won't be used or count towards limits. I've also removed their hkx files from my game after installing that mod. Some mods (only a few by my experience, such as Sex Slaves) refer to specific stock animations by name, so some scenes won't play, but I noticed extremely few cases in a multiple hundred hours playthrough with half of LL installed :P

Bottom line, I have reasons why I have as many animations as I have and would rather not be restricted by any one mod, but having said that, I'd like to understand exactly why the author of DAR chose/had to place that limit.

2 hours ago, MonVert said:

Yes 900 is fine. It's Human and Creature animations combined. SexLab lists them seperately. Wouldn't surprise me if any of the larger poser packs are more than 50% of what DAR can handle. Be it used by that mod or not. I don't have use for poser packs which is why I don't have them installed. My FNIS anim count is at ~10-12k btw. DAR anims are at ~15000.

37 minutes ago, petronius said:

16384 as a cap makes you wonder - it's the maximum number you can express in 14 binary digits. I sure as heck have no idea why this could matter, but maybe DAR indexes animations in 14 bits, if that's even possible ;) I use Billy's, Anub's, Baka's, Nibble's, Psyche's and a few others, including ZAZ, MNC and Btasqan's Funnybizz. Why? One, because I've noticed that the most recent animations tend to look much better, with their own stage progression and more detail put on those extra moving bones :P Secondly, because some are requirements of certain mods. I've tried but I can't see a reason to drop any of those I mentioned, either because they're required, or because they stand out for quality. I've also used Nymra's SexLab - Remove Standard Animations

Pretty much the same animation mods that I use apart from Anub's and FunnyBizz and DAR is working just fine. Fully agree with you on the rest.

4 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Too bad this only supports 16k animations. It makes it basically incompatible with Sexlab since I bet there are only few users that have enough free anim space left :(

Unless you've got a billion poser anims or huge amounts of SLAL packs installed you're gonna be fine. My installation of SexLab is just below it's animation limit of 500 (per human/creature).

3 hours ago, Þursona said:

Pretty much the same animation mods that I use apart from Anub's and FunnyBizz and DAR is working just fine. Fully agree with you on the rest.

Funnybizz is mentioned as a requirement by Defeat - I've played without it in the assumption that other animations with the same tags would be picked if Funnybizz's weren't present, but after some experimentation I gathered that Defeat behaves better if Funnybizz is present. My experience, it's a pretty flawless mod doing what it says it should do, as long as I have all its requirements including FB's slal pack. I know others think Defeat is broken or outdated but for me... it just works. Combat defeat works, surrender works, involvement of followers works only if they're not in bleedout at the moment of surrender/defeat - if they are in bleedout, when they come back they'll aggro and usually disrupt the scene. But that's a side note on why I use FB's, which I feel are no longer in par with other packs I mentioned. This time I'm trying Btasqan's pick for the first time and seeing if it still contains the animations that, apparently, allow defeat to work so reliably, while reducing the count from FB's full pack to 1/5. One I might drop is Anub's because it's a giant and not directly required by any mod that I'm aware of. I'm sorry to let go of a pack that's still being updated and trimmed of its older animations, but I might try that and see if that's enough to help Live Action to run on DAR. But now I've set my eyes on AA, too LOL

Question for @slizer40000 - my build includes a few other DAR packs, one of which at least contains animations that you also use - Relaxed Sneaking. I also run EVG Conditional Idles, EVG Animation Variance and Cookeh's Conditional and Random Animations. Hopefully your investigations have made you able to answer my questions: could these four be redundant while using LA? Can LA be considered a full set of conditionals that offers enough context and variation and does not need other sets? Maybe a few hand-picked extras if I see some I really like. It's even possible, I haven't checked, that they're also adding many of the same animations as yours, to their own conditions. They're all lower priority, besides. So I might just take them down.

Regarding counter animations, they contain "counter" in their name. If you dislike the vendors/innkeepers behaving like horny bunnies, just delete them all by using Win search or some other software.

To lazily reply to all the previous posts after my last post:

Correct me if I'm wrong, yet I am fairly confident that the 16k limit is specific to animations located inside the \DynamicAnimationReplacer folder. If that is so, only DAR packs themselves are competing for these 16384 slots, without any effect on animations outside the DAR folder. That seems to be the case as I was able to run DAR with 22k animations installed outside DAR with less than 16k inside DAR. FNIS cannot see DAR animations afaik, because they're considered vanilla.

In case I am wrong, the following will hopefully alleviate the animation limit issue. Checked in-game and 22.7k Nemesis character animations (+creature >1k) + under 16k DAR works dandily. Edit: DAR stops working above 16384 animations TOTAL, whereas everything else works.

Based on the cap on animations set by DAR I have decided to eliminate duplicated sets in 0.3 entirely and make use of lightweight scripted triggers in the form of perks, global values, factions and magic effects to enhance the current experience and allow you to switch off features you do not like whenever you want to. It should not cause noticeable script lag except for the planned scanner features for proximity (possibly unnecessary/not an issue). This way the animation count can be reduced to well below 2k, perhaps to even 1k in total to ensure that Live Action will not consume overly many of the 16384 allocated slots in \DAR.

EVG Conditional Idles implemented this approach via MCM. I intend to commit to doing the same for this mod to reduce the time needed for end-users to install and copy-paste animations.

Release 0.2.5 will be basically 0.2.3 with bugfixes, extended timers for the remaining time-based sets, and revised install instructions.

4 hours ago, petronius said:

Funnybizz is mentioned as a requirement by Defeat - I've played without it in the assumption that other animations with the same tags would be picked if Funnybizz's weren't present, but after some experimentation I gathered that Defeat behaves better if Funnybizz is present. My experience, it's a pretty flawless mod doing what it says it should do, as long as I have all its requirements including FB's slal pack. I know others think Defeat is broken or outdated but for me... it just works. Combat defeat works, surrender works, involvement of followers works only if they're not in bleedout at the moment of surrender/defeat - if they are in bleedout, when they come back they'll aggro and usually disrupt the scene. But that's a side note on why I use FB's, which I feel are no longer in par with other packs I mentioned. This time I'm trying Btasqan's pick for the first time and seeing if it still contains the animations that, apparently, allow defeat to work so reliably, while reducing the count from FB's full pack to 1/5. One I might drop is Anub's because it's a giant and not directly required by any mod that I'm aware of. I'm sorry to let go of a pack that's still being updated and trimmed of its older animations, but I might try that and see if that's enough to help Live Action to run on DAR. But now I've set my eyes on AA, too LOL

Question for @slizer40000 - my build includes a few other DAR packs, one of which at least contains animations that you also use - Relaxed Sneaking. I also run EVG Conditional Idles, EVG Animation Variance and Cookeh's Conditional and Random Animations. Hopefully your investigations have made you able to answer my questions: could these four be redundant while using LA? Can LA be considered a full set of conditionals that offers enough context and variation and does not need other sets? Maybe a few hand-picked extras if I see some I really like. It's even possible, I haven't checked, that they're also adding many of the same animations as yours, to their own conditions. They're all lower priority, besides. So I might just take them down.

I run EVG Conditional Idles & Animation Variance + Jump Behavior Overhaul + Injured Animations +  myself without issue. I like them, although I modify the nude cover up to exclude exhibitionists and alike because of immersion. I built Live Action to retain as much compatibility with EVG and other DAR mods as possible, although at the time there were far fewer DAR mods that I knew of.

If another mod is using relaxed sneaking, compare the conditions to see which you prefer. My conditions for movement/standing/sitting animations are quite simple, with no dependence on weather/location and are mostly built around game time/arousal. Most animations except the fitness module and lollygagging are centered around arousal anyway. Animation count inside DAR is limited, so consider that duplicating decreases the limit while offering little to no additional value.

I learned of Cookeh's Conditional and Random Animations from your post. CCARA is very light so don't worry about it.

It is quite immersive too, so I recommend to keep CCARA enabled and to disable/decrease probability/not install non-aroused mt_idle (348xyz)) and limit the movement replacers (346100-102) inside Live Action to interior or exterior

Moreover, you can have the best of both worlds by boosting the priority of hunger driven/shield wearing movement in CCARA to over 350000 in case you are using iNeed/iWant RND. I will add the condition to exclude shield wearing characters to the movement sets in Live Action to ensure compatibility with the remaining movement sets in CCARA, as aroused idles will prevent you from seeing CCARA animations otherwise. Besides, it's not immersive to be horny when too hungry, right?

You can disable DAR folders manually (hide function in Mod Organizer I & II) without deleting them in case you reconsider later by adding a leading 0 or any non-numeric letter into the folder name, e.g. 348201 -> 0348201 or dis348201.

P.S. Leviathan's male and female walk/run animations (Nexus) are quite immersive.

P.P.S. Added a warning to to the front page to not use 0.2.3 until 0.2.4 is released. I might remove 0.2.3 entirely once 0.2.4 is up or add a warning to the file name of 0.2.3 for the brave hearted.

54 minutes ago, slizer40000 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, yet I am fairly confident that the 16k limit is specific to animations located inside the \DynamicAnimationReplacer folder. If that is so, only DAR packs themselves are competing for these 16384 slots, without any effect on animations outside the DAR folder. That seems to be the case as I was able to run DAR with 22k animations installed outside DAR with less than 16k inside DAR. FNIS cannot see DAR animations afaik, because they're considered vanilla. Now, I do not remember if DAR was still working at that point

Unfortunately, this is not the case. You can tell by removing things like SexLab animations, and watching as the warning count  in-game actually goes down. It is true that only DAR animations are affected, and stopped, once the limit is reached. FNIS/Nemesis cannot see DAR animations, yes, and they do not count against your normal animation limit....but that only matters if you crash a lot.

It's some kind of weird, inverted, problem.

DAR seems to count anything that is conditional in some form, whether it uses the framework or not.

2 hours ago, MonVert said:

Unfortunately, this is not the case. You can tell by removing things like SexLab animations, and watching as the warning count  in-game actually goes down. It is true that only DAR animations are affected, and stopped, once the limit is reached. FNIS/Nemesis cannot see DAR animations, yes, and they do not count against your normal animation limit....but that only matters if you crash a lot.

It's some kind of weird, inverted, problem.

DAR seems to count anything that is conditional in some form, whether it uses the framework or not.

That's a really bizarre bummer ?. At least I know how to mitigate the problem. Just need to learn how to write scripts in CK.

As long as the animation count of all modules combined stays below 1000 I'll be satisfied.

I guess I don't really need pose packs and every SLAL pack at the same time. Not playing long saves with pose packs anyway.

Might remove Flower Girls to add more SLAL packs increase stability.

It's kind of ironic that you can have 2-3x more custom animations running without DAR, which is supposed to offer flexibility in conditional replacement, albeit script-free.

2 hours ago, Pleasemadam said:

The guy complaining about non-appropriate animations might be talking about them being misaligned to the counter, cause I just found that issue. They're like 2 feet behind where they should be for me.

I'll see what I can do about those. If the animations are too far then I'll replace them with some standing idles and call it a day.

53 minutes ago, slizer40000 said:

If the animations are too far then I'll replace them with some standing idles and call it a day.

The normal idles are still in the right spot so I think that's the case, which sucks because I kind of like those animations. I've been trying to get them into Blender but I haven't had any luck with that.

26 minutes ago, Pleasemadam said:

The normal idles are still in the right spot so I think that's the case, which sucks because I kind of like those animations. I've been trying to get them into Blender but I haven't had any luck with that.

RohZima told me you need the original .blend files to modify animations or it's impossible otherwise.

Easier to make a new animation from scratch as tedious as it may be.

11 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

I installed the mod, and when I load it, it shows these messages. I have no other DAR mods. It seems to me that something is wrong here.

Hide contents

2054038819_TESV2020-11-2212-11-28-55.jpg.8cd850bc67e300128c3f92c6377eabe8.jpg1952851872_TESV2020-11-2212-11-40-98.jpg.6bc18c422b361fae2e512b1d42bafa6b.jpg

Stick with 0.2.2 for a while.  If you scroll up to the top of this page, you'll see everyone talking about the animation limit.  ?

3 hours ago, astor said:

Are the aroused animations in a specific folder?  I cannot seem to find them via the table in the mod folder.  I don't mind the animations, but when nearly everyone is using them a lot, they loose their appeal.  :P

There seems to be a problem with DAR defaulting the arousal condition to true if SL Aroused Redux is not installed. Look for any folders with "arousal" listed in the description in the spreadsheet.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:15 PM, petronius said:

Funnybizz is mentioned as a requirement by Defeat - I've played without it in the assumption that other animations with the same tags would be picked if Funnybizz's weren't present, but after some experimentation I gathered that Defeat behaves better if Funnybizz is present. [...]

Off-topic so this will be my only post regarding this. Defeat works perfectly fine even without FB SLAL. Source: Me. Been playing without FB SLAL, not even realizing it was a "requirement". (I just uninstalled it at some point). Just make sure you adjust the animation tags in defeat. I usually delete them/leave them blank since other mods can take care of that too.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Gentle said:

Maybe a dumb question but i'm installing this mod manually and i don't know where to put the "$table 0.2.0" and "table 0.2.0" Can someone tell me where?

Those are there for your reference.  They are not necessary for the mod to work.

Don't take this as gospel because I'm not the brightest when it comes to mods and such, but I don't think that the T-pose issue is entirely because of reaching an animation limit.

I've been testing for a bit, and found that if I load the 2.3 sitting module at all; even by itself, a lot of my custom animations wig out for some reason, sometimes they'll even work for a few seconds before going to T-pose. Hope that tidbit helps with something.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:34 AM, Pleasemadam said:

I have the same issues with the counter animations being misaligned. But i do have a static mesh mod installed so maybe the problem come from here.