A few things I might add for 0.2.3.

5 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

I'll upload the 0.2.3 tonight so you can compare with the changes you made. Your approach seems similar to what I did. _conditions.txt is exactly the same. I used brute force to create 48 folders per set to cover each 30 minutes in 24H in-game (250 extra folders or so?). Never want to do that manually again.

1. Yeah I was looking at that and.. holy shit. Maybe make a note with a big header before that section saying that there is no manual install needed until the bottom (or move that entire section to the bottom).

2. In regards to that, though, none of the folders utilize the Simple Sitting Idle Animation packs 01 and 02 anymore. They all say to install pack 00. Were they stripped for a reason? Making sure this wasn't an oversight when copy-pasting instructions. Based on the fact that it's always pairs of 3, I assume it was meant to still have the 3 separate packs in each set of 3, split between the Pretty Sit Idles sets. Unless you just felt it enough of a headache to split them by times whil putting each of the separate packs alternating would only add to the madness, which I understand. Lol.

3. All the lollygagging folders (3469##) have the female and male folders set to mohidden. This also applied to 0.2.2. I missed it last update. Not sure if this is intentional, but the animations won't load unless the ".mohidden" suffix is removed from the folders.

4. 346302 had an extra female folder. 346306 had an extra male folder. 346705 had an extra male folder. Not sure if these are placeholders for something. They do no harm, but I'm OCD. Thought I'd mention it.

5. 347513 and 347514 were moved to 347701 and 347702 respectively, but the instructions still say to install into 347513 and 347514. Just noticed that the set number was changed on the left column but not for the install instructions.

11 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

I'll upload the 0.2.3 tonight so you can compare with the changes you made. Your approach seems similar to what I did. _conditions.txt is exactly the same. I used brute force to create 48 folders per set to cover each 30 minutes in 24H in-game (250 extra folders or so?). Never want to do that manually again.

Just had a good look at everything. The changes you made are pretty similar to mine. We both ended up creating 48 folders per 24H game time. Though, I think yours could have been more labor intensiv.

Your folder structure: [AnimationSet1, AnimationSet2. AnimationSet3, AnimationSet4]...[AnimationSet1, AnimationSet2. AnimationSet3, AnimationSet4]...etc.
My folder structure: [AnimationSet1 (12 folders), AnimationSet2 (12folders), AnimationSet3 (12folders), AnimationSet4 (12folders)].
Both structures work the same to my knowledge.

I noticed you decided to change the time values of 348021-348036 to 30 minute intervals too, instead of keeping the original 8 hour intervals found in version 0.2.2.
I also noticed 348210-348218 have slightly longer times (only minutes), that's a nice change.

Overall excellent work!

Nice mod, though it refuses to work with my FNIS XXL number of animations.

The maximum number of animation files for each project is 16384. This number is the sum of the original files in Skyrim, the files added by other mods, and the files added by this mod. If there are too many, a message box will display an error and animations will not be loaded.

Hopefully there will be solution in the future updates of Dynamic Animation Replacer.

13 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

To my knowledge, paired animations are tricky to do without scripts. Some like the wedding animation from a mod i forgot the name of make use of synchronized solo animations, whereas SexLab, OSA, ragdoll hug (on Nexus), and Flower Girls use paired animations.

Many thanks for such a detailed explanation, slizer40000.  And for the conditions, too.

I had forgotten paired animations require scripts. Hmm. I've tried to learn scripting but struggle with it. 

OK, maybe it is time I got to grips with scripting, and build my own mod!  🙂

Thanks for your time, and for your amazing mod! 

I might recommend to look at some of the idle animations from this mod for ideas (They're collected from other authors, similar to what yours does, and there's a video showcasing all of the ones included and their authors: 

It has some idles for both male and female that look really solid.

Implementing the sets from that mod along with this one probably would take a lot more work vs just adding them to the rules you already have in place.

Just thought it would be something to look at.

23 hours ago, Aequus said:

Hopefully there will be solution in the future updates of Dynamic Animation Replacer.

so that means to uninstalle this mod until there is a solution ? i dont like getting this message in the upstart of the game

1 hour ago, Fetterbr said:

so that means to uninstalle this mod until there is a solution ? i dont like getting this message in the upstart of the game

If you get that message DAR won't work at all. No animations will be loaded/applied by this mod. One solution for now is to uninstall animation mods that you don't use often...or uninstall this mod, yes.
~16000 animations is still quite a lot. If you're at 17000 or 18000 uninstalling one or two mods (depends on the mod of course) should be enough to get below the threshold.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:47 AM, Eadoo said:

Which manager?  Works great on Vortex.

NMM, I know its an older one but im using the community updated version, and in all my years modding its never given me any trouble. The odd thing is the version before this worked perfectly fine, however this one is having none of it lol. Redownloaded and tried to reinstall it multiple times, but unfortunately I'm getting nothing. Ah well, i can always wait till the next version as it seems im the only one having this issue

On 11/16/2020 at 12:13 AM, thegrimreaper2 said:

Getting an install error on the new 2.3 update. Gets to 50%, hangs for a second where the fomod selector should come up, then stops and tells me an error occurred. Just letting ya know :P  

I suspect it is due to the quadrupled amount of animations in 0.2.3 vs 0.2.2. It might overwhelm the installer as I used LZMA2 ultra compression, but RAM usage should be no more than 70 MB. It installed fine on my system with MO2 while testing the installation though.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:32 AM, XenoDrake said:

A few things I might add for 0.2.3.

1. Yeah I was looking at that and.. holy shit. Maybe make a note with a big header before that section saying that there is no manual install needed until the bottom (or move that entire section to the bottom).

2. In regards to that, though, none of the folders utilize the Simple Sitting Idle Animation packs 01 and 02 anymore. They all say to install pack 00. Were they stripped for a reason? Making sure this wasn't an oversight when copy-pasting instructions. Based on the fact that it's always pairs of 3, I assume it was meant to still have the 3 separate packs in each set of 3, split between the Pretty Sit Idles sets. Unless you just felt it enough of a headache to split them by times whil putting each of the separate packs alternating would only add to the madness, which I understand. Lol.

3. All the lollygagging folders (3469##) have the female and male folders set to mohidden. This also applied to 0.2.2. I missed it last update. Not sure if this is intentional, but the animations won't load unless the ".mohidden" suffix is removed from the folders.

4. 346302 had an extra female folder. 346306 had an extra male folder. 346705 had an extra male folder. Not sure if these are placeholders for something. They do no harm, but I'm OCD. Thought I'd mention it.

5. 347513 and 347514 were moved to 347701 and 347702 respectively, but the instructions still say to install into 347513 and 347514. Just noticed that the set number was changed on the left column but not for the install instructions.

1. 1. I will likely write an overview before the long sets appear to save time for users (and myself once I forget). Moving the sets to the bottom is also a great idea.
  2. That is completely my oversight when copy-pasting. I knew I forgot something. Maybe 48 folders per set is too much...
  3. This is an unaddressed issue from release 0.1.2 or so. I promised already earlier that I will replace the problematic animations in the lollygagging LE folders and remove mohidden from both SSE and LE folders. I never got around to doing it.
  4. Those are unnecessary and will be removed in 0.2.4.
  5. I'll check the spreadsheet for similar mistakes and correct them. Only sitting and standing sets are affected.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, Þursona said:

Just had a good look at everything. The changes you made are pretty similar to mine. We both ended up creating 48 folders per 24H game time. Though, I think yours could have been more labor intensiv.

Your folder structure: [AnimationSet1, AnimationSet2. AnimationSet3, AnimationSet4]...[AnimationSet1, AnimationSet2. AnimationSet3, AnimationSet4]...etc.
My folder structure: [AnimationSet1 (12 folders), AnimationSet2 (12folders), AnimationSet3 (12folders), AnimationSet4 (12folders)].
Both structures work the same to my knowledge.

I noticed you decided to change the time values of 348021-348036 to 30 minute intervals too, instead of keeping the original 8 hour intervals found in version 0.2.2.
I also noticed 348210-348218 have slightly longer times (only minutes), that's a nice change.

Overall excellent work!

I did it in this order to be sure that I didn't skip or duplicate the time intervals by mistake. Now that other users report issues with hitting the FNIS animation limit, I am concerned this solution might be too extreme.

Maybe the folders should be decreased to 24 per set or even 12 with extended time i.e. 12 sets lasting 2H each (6 minutes irl), 24 sets lasting 1H each (3 minutes irl), as 48 will likely go unnoticed for most users. I will probably add an option to choose between 12 and 48 sets for the conditions with a lot of animations.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, Aequus said:

In case the problem is CTD, have you considered using the animation limit fix on Nexus? If you're over 26162 animations, I can't do much except offer the largest sets condensed into 12 sets instead of 48 as before. That should reduce the number of animations by several thousand.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bluegunk said:

Many thanks for such a detailed explanation, slizer40000.  And for the conditions, too.

I had forgotten paired animations require scripts. Hmm. I've tried to learn scripting but struggle with it. 

OK, maybe it is time I got to grips with scripting, and build my own mod!  🙂

Thanks for your time, and for your amazing mod! 

I look forward to seeing your idea become reality. I have also been looking for a mod where NPCs/PC hug and interact more naturally with each other.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, XenoDrake said:

I might recommend to look at some of the idle animations from this mod for ideas (They're collected from other authors, similar to what yours does, and there's a video showcasing all of the ones included and their authors: 

It has some idles for both male and female that look really solid.

Implementing the sets from that mod along with this one probably would take a lot more work vs just adding them to the rules you already have in place.

Just thought it would be something to look at.

Thanks. I will take a look. It might be possible to add a guide for compatibility since I can't predict what they will do in the future.

Edit: Checked the folders and it's a fairly simple mod in terms of structure. The animations should be compatible with DAR -Live Action if renumbered to 348069-348082 and 348089-348100.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Fetterbr said:

An option to choose between 12 and 48 folders/set will be added to 0.2.4. Edit: Not doing heavy version because of DAR animation limit of 16k.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, Þursona said:

If you get that message DAR won't work at all. No animations will be loaded/applied by this mod. One solution for now is to uninstall animation mods that you don't use often...or uninstall this mod, yes.
~16000 animations is still quite a lot. If you're at 17000 or 18000 uninstalling one or two mods (depends on the mod of course) should be enough to get below the threshold.

The next release will address this issue. I will leave the option for the 4x larger amount of folders/set for those who still want it.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:49 PM, thegrimreaper2 said:

NMM, I know its an older one but im using the community updated version, and in all my years modding its never given me any trouble. The odd thing is the version before this worked perfectly fine, however this one is having none of it lol. Redownloaded and tried to reinstall it multiple times, but unfortunately I'm getting nothing. Ah well, i can always wait till the next version as it seems im the only one having this issue

If that is so, I will split the installer into a heavy and light version, heavy meaning 48 folders/set, light 12/set. Most likely it would still fail to install if the option was inside the FOMOD since there's close to 11000 animations combined for LE and SSE in 0.2.3 compared to a total of 2500 animations in 0.2.2. Only making light version 0.2.4 and 0.3 scripted version with even less animations.

If I had to choose between this mod and SLAL packs, SLAL would win every time...

I suspect it is due to the quadrupled amount of animations in 0.2.3 vs 0.2.2. It might overwhelm the installer as I used LZMA2 ultra compression, but RAM usage should be no more than 70 MB. It installed fine on my system with MO2 while testing the installation though

The next release will address this issue. I will leave the option for the 4x larger amount of folders/set for those who still want it.

If that is so, I will split the installer into a heavy and light version, heavy meaning 48 folders/set, light 12/set. Most likely it would still fail to install if the option was inside the FOMOD since there's close to 11000 animations combined for LE and SSE in 0.2.3 compared to a total of 2500 animations in 0.2.2.

If I had to choose between this mod and SLAL packs, SLAL would win every time...

Thanks for the reply! That sounds like a great idea, will be looking forward to 2.4 then :)

Testing this out and I've noticed that sexual animations are playing despite not having sexlab installed. Character dancing, gyrating, humping while sanding idle and sitting with her legs spread or in the air, humping the ground and fingering while sneaking.

Moving the folders that specify arousal requirements out of the folder resulted in these animations no longer playing. So it seems like the condition isn't working properly in this case.

Slizer I'm trying to follow your very condensed instructions in the spreadsheet. Everything seems pretty simple except for the movement sheet. JNFA has a gazillion walk, run and sprint animations for 1h, 2h, bow drawn etc - should I install all from each category? What about the turn left 60, turn right 60, turn left 180 etc? Should those be left out, or would that cause inconsistency? May I ask you if you could mark exactly which files on the directory listing I'm posting - maybe deleting all the files that don't need to be copied and posting again? I don't like to ask for hand-holding but I just don't seem to be able to make an unambiguous decision based on the information you have on the spreadsheet.

I'd probably need the same for the other folders. I can post the rest of the listings (simple command line dir /s > listing.txt) but maybe if you can help me on this one I can make better sense of the rest. Thanks!

listing.txt

On 11/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, nutsnuts said:

Hello, Thanks for the good mod.

My question is at the line of 347102, 125th 'various animation', do we have to copy all the sitting animation to the general folder holding the female and male folder?.

have a nice day.

Found another copy-paste mistake. Paste all of the sitting animations into \female only. Leave male blank to use vanilla or paste some other animations e.g. pretty sit idles. I'll correct this info in the next release.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:04 PM, gumcandy said:

Testing this out and I've noticed that sexual animations are playing despite not having sexlab installed. Character dancing, gyrating, humping while sanding idle and sitting with her legs spread or in the air, humping the ground and fingering while sneaking.

Moving the folders that specify arousal requirements out of the folder resulted in these animations no longer playing. So it seems like the condition isn't working properly in this case.

That should not be possible. I built the conditions to require SL Aroused Redux arousal to trigger. Sexlab is by extension a requirement for SL Aroused Redux.  Even movement folders 346XXX require arousal. Did you mean folders 3473XX-3477XX & 3481XX?

21 hours ago, petronius said:

Slizer I'm trying to follow your very condensed instructions in the spreadsheet. Everything seems pretty simple except for the movement sheet. JNFA has a gazillion walk, run and sprint animations for 1h, 2h, bow drawn etc - should I install all from each category? What about the turn left 60, turn right 60, turn left 180 etc? Should those be left out, or would that cause inconsistency? May I ask you if you could mark exactly which files on the directory listing I'm posting - maybe deleting all the files that don't need to be copied and posting again? I don't like to ask for hand-holding but I just don't seem to be able to make an unambiguous decision based on the information you have on the spreadsheet.

I'd probably need the same for the other folders. I can post the rest of the listings (simple command line dir /s > listing.txt) but maybe if you can help me on this one I can make better sense of the rest. Thanks!

listing.txt 16.66 kB · 2 downloads

I used that command to list the contents of the largest folders in the movement sheet. Hopefully this makes it easier to check the installed animations. I'll include these lists inside the movement folders in the next release.

Listing 346100-346304.7z

29 minutes ago, slizer40000 said:

That should not be possible. I built the conditions to require SL Aroused Redux arousal to trigger. Sexlab is by extension a requirement for SL Aroused Redux.  Even movement folders 346XXX require arousal. Did you mean folders 3473XX-3477XX & 3481XX?

I don't know what to tell you. The idle I can identify based on the descriptions in the spreadsheet (1RZIAP81, Kneel Kitty Beg Legs Spread) was definitely activating when I do not have Sexlab or Sexlab Aroused installed. My best guess on reading the conditions is that "IsFactionRankLessThan()" must be resolving to "false" when the mod isn't installed and because you've negated that it's always true.

I used that command to list the contents of the largest folders in the movement sheet. Hopefully this makes it easier to check the installed animations. I'll include these lists inside the movement folders in the next release.

Thank you for doing this! It made it much easier to follow, I may be almost finished, just applying the male sitting idles correction you mentioned above. There is also a final sheet listing havok objects used by some animations and some are flagged with a yellow exclamation mark, while others have a green flag - does that mean we need to install the yellow flagged havok objects from those poser packs, or are they not needed for the poses to work as intended?

I'm having trouble with Subtle Male Idle Animations - you mention 7 different idles in the spreadsheet, but the files contain only a single mt_idle.hkx (downloaded the 4 files from the link). Same for the rest of the male animations - the spreadsheet mentions, for all of them:

idlenoteread
idleleantable
idlepickup_ground
railleanidle
idlehandsbehindback

which are neither present by default in your files, nor in the downloaded files. Should I copy over the same idle and rename all copies to match your list? Won't that make those animations play too frequently?

If I don't bother with that, or the rest of the male idles at all - if I simply don't install the overrides, will that break the idles? Should I remove those folders completely, or does DAR simply use the default idles installed in the game?

On 11/17/2020 at 6:18 AM, Þursona said:

Even with Nemesis? 😮

16 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

Listing 346100-346304.7z 1.19 kB · 2 downloads

Checked the listing files and compared them with the provided table. Table 0.2.3 Folder 346302: Paste all except Pretty Combat Sneak into 346302. If you do that you end up with 80+ animation files. Your listing only shows 28 (29 with _condtions.txt) files. Also, the sneakturn animations in the listing are only found in Pretty Combat Sneak. Midly confusing. Pretty much the exact opposite of what the table reads. That's just one example that I found.
Now I'm wondering if the install instructions need to be reworked/updated.

2 hours ago, MonVert said:

Even with Nemesis? 😮

No idea. Never used it nor taken a look at it. What I can say is, the animation limit is not an FNIS problem. The ~16k animation threshold is made by the DynamicAnimationReplacer (DAR) mod. FNIS can handle many more animations than that. If you get a pop-up ingame saying you've got too many defaultmale /defaultfemale animations (more than ~16000), it's most likely not going to work.

6 hours ago, Þursona said:

Checked the listing files and compared them with the provided table. Table 0.2.3 Folder 346302: Paste all except Pretty Combat Sneak into 346302. If you do that you end up with 80+ animation files. Your listing only shows 28 (29 with _condtions.txt) files. Also, the sneakturn animations in the listing are only found in Pretty Combat Sneak. Midly confusing. Pretty much the exact opposite of what the table reads. That's just one example that I found.

No idea. Never used it nor taken a look at it. What I can say is, the animation limit is not an FNIS problem. The ~16k animation threshold is made by the DynamicAnimationReplacer (DAR) mod. FNIS can handle many more animations than that. If you get a pop-up ingame saying you've got too many defaultmale /defaultfemale animations (more than ~16000), it's most likely not going to work.

Really? I thought the 16k animation warning was from FNIS....and I know animations still work even with the message. Maybe it's just DAR that spazs out.

23 hours ago, gumcandy said:

I don't know what to tell you. The idle I can identify based on the descriptions in the spreadsheet (1RZIAP81, Kneel Kitty Beg Legs Spread) was definitely activating when I do not have Sexlab or Sexlab Aroused installed. My best guess on reading the conditions is that "IsFactionRankLessThan()" must be resolving to "false" when the mod isn't installed and because you've negated that it's always true.

I might be able to work around this by adding a IsInFaction(xyz) check to every set with arousal thresholds. DAR home page does say that "not in faction" equates to -2 faction rank though...

12 hours ago, petronius said:

Thank you for doing this! It made it much easier to follow, I may be almost finished, just applying the male sitting idles correction you mentioned above. There is also a final sheet listing havok objects used by some animations and some are flagged with a yellow exclamation mark, while others have a green flag - does that mean we need to install the yellow flagged havok objects from those poser packs, or are they not needed for the poses to work as intended?

I havent't tried. It was mostly for me to distinguish between animobject idles and usual ones. The animations work without the objects except the objects will not appear.

11 hours ago, petronius said:

I'm having trouble with Subtle Male Idle Animations - you mention 7 different idles in the spreadsheet, but the files contain only a single mt_idle.hkx (downloaded the 4 files from the link). Same for the rest of the male animations - the spreadsheet mentions, for all of them:

idlenoteread
idleleantable
idlepickup_ground
railleanidle
idlehandsbehindback

which are neither present by default in your files, nor in the downloaded files. Should I copy over the same idle and rename all copies to match your list? Won't that make those animations play too frequently?

If I don't bother with that, or the rest of the male idles at all - if I simply don't install the overrides, will that break the idles? Should I remove those folders completely, or does DAR simply use the default idles installed in the game?

Only the mt_idle.hkx is implemented atm. The mod page has 7 files, some of which are older variations.

Those are placeholders for animations that I probably will not implement so ignore these for now. If you don't install, it doesn't exist and the game uses vanilla/lower priority. I might remove these from the spreadsheet to avoid confusion.

7 hours ago, Þursona said:

The listings are correct. I plan to correct the spreadsheet again to make the instructions more clear and simple. The only major issues can be with movement animations really since they are mixed from several mods.

1 hour ago, MonVert said:

Really? I thought the 16k animation warning was from FNIS....and I know animations still work even with the message. Maybe it's just DAR that spazs out.

DAR is hardcoded to stop above the 16k limit by its creator. The only solution for now is to stay below 16k. FNIS XXL and Nemesis can handle 30k animations according to some.

2 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

DAR is hardcoded to stop above the 16k limit by its creator. The only solution for now is to stay below 16k. FNIS XXL and Nemesis can handle 30k animations according to some.

orly? O_o Wow, that;s a shame. Guess I may as well uninstall this, if it doesn't work with the warning. Since it doesn't take more than Animated Armoury and some sexlab to get close to that number. X_X Is there a way to send an angry letter to the DAR dev to unlock it for SE? 🥴

12 minutes ago, MonVert said:

orly? O_o Wow, that;s a shame. Guess I may as well uninstall this, if it doesn't work with the warning. Since it doesn't take more than Animated Armoury and some sexlab to get close to that number. X_X Is there a way to send an angry letter to the DAR dev to unlock it for SE? 🥴

I've had the same problem but from slizer's response I take it it's a limit constrained within DAR, doesn't seem to affect other counts. I'm using about 15K FNIS animations with or without this. My going above the limit probably has to do with having added Live Action to my previous DAR conditionals. I think this mod may be nearing the limit all by itself, so there's not much wiggle room for more stuff.

42 minutes ago, petronius said:

I've had the same problem but from slizer's response I take it it's a limit constrained within DAR, doesn't seem to affect other counts. I'm using about 15K FNIS animations with or without this. My going above the limit probably has to do with having added Live Action to my previous DAR conditionals. I think this mod may be nearing the limit all by itself, so there's not much wiggle room for more stuff.

Like I said, it doesn't take a lot to hit 16k. You'll hit half that just installing all the main sexlab animation packs, and animated armoury adds nearly 2-3k total animations. Live Action surpasses AA in animation count, and essentially means I have to pick and choose because some dude wants to put an arbitrary cap on things. >_>