Tomb Raider

Guest flingingfeces

Guest flingingfeces

Finally finished the game last night!  Going back and finishing up all the tombs.  Plus created another save to play it on hard.  Man I love this game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the end fight was a little bit to easy imo, all the time i was in hope for dual handfire action, it came.. at least a few seconds, but ok

those action moments reminded me of RE4 from the beginning, i liked it

but there's one thing i missed completly: medikits^^ its good she heals with time but they could have put some medikits in the bigger lootboxes at the beach or so that will prevent you from death just one time or give a little boost on damage resist for a short while.

the grafics were fine

somehow got a flashback to dead island and some other games (especially at the last "boss" before we get to the end fight, this oni warrior guy was like those rammers from DI)

what i didnt like that much, like already said: the AI had its funny moments sometimes... they're crouching behind a doorframe or running back and forth between a wall and a rock to cover without shooting sometimes.

and in some areas you had no chance to get away, no matter where you run or hide, they'll come right at you once they've seen you. onis and those samurai guys: ok they're supernatural, they have to be this kind... but humans? they can see through walls or something (time to put on the lead underwear, lara^^)

all in all: a good game in the end that makes fun to play more than just once or twice

• 1 month later...

At first sight....I think Lara is very hot here...

But after that, I disappointed! The boobs doesn't bounce, but only several animations, I wonder if they remove it?

The extra clothes are also a huge disappointment. None of them are sexy and interesting. I feel like Eidos is trying to make a new "boring" image of Lara Croft. I miss her sexiness in the previous games. Eidos took a new disappointing direction for Tomb Raider series.

At first sight....I think Lara is very hot here...

But after that, I disappointed! The boobs doesn't bounce, but only several animations, I wonder if they remove it?

The extra clothes are also a huge disappointment. None of them are sexy and interesting. I feel like Eidos is trying to make a new "boring" image of Lara Croft. I miss her sexiness in the previous games. Eidos took a new disappointing direction for Tomb Raider series.

Wow, I could not possibly disagree more. Absolutely love that they've gone from teen boy fantasy to semi realistic. And Camilla Luddington... awesome!

But, to each their own I guess

Never understood why the old croft was so popular, with her cartoonish and angular features,, spoiled rich girl persona and giant breas... oh right.

Sexy cloth and nude mod...that is the reason why Tomb Raider was so successful at the time.

But too bad, Eidos seems forget that formula now.

Hoahaoha!  :lol:

Talking about the legendary/almost urban myth that is "nude raider" mod for TR1-3

Soo polygonal... not anywhere near close what happens these days... guess this is just another proof that true hornyness lies in the mind and imagination... the background set up of things provides the true erotic fuel

Hoahaoha!  :lol:

Talking about the legendary/almost urban myth that is "nude raider" mod for TR1-3

Soo polygonal... not anywhere near close what happens these days... guess this is just another proof that true hornyness lies in the mind and imagination... the background set up of things provides the true erotic fuel

You don't believe that is formula that made Lara Croft very famous....not the Tomb Raider.

If they follow the today of Lara Croft, I don't think she will get a big attention back there. Today Lara Croft is just an ordinary looking girl, definitely will not stand out among another strong woman icon in the video games world.

Well, I should add my opinion on the matter since I've finished it twice now...

Visuals

I felt that I was really in Yamatai when I first started the game. Overall, I think the visuals really do highlight the best techniques that Crystal Dynamics can do. And also, the variation in the scenery really made me stop and just admire the view. From Shipwreck Cove to the Mountain Base, you really do get a scale of how far we've moved beyond the simple environments from the first Tomb Raider.

Gameplay

A mixed bag really. If I have to be brutally honest, it feels a bit convoluted in the sense that it was more action, more puzzle and more of everything really. They did get the balance of puzzles right. There were moments that I had to stop and think for some time before I finally got it. However, the pacing of the game was just...not streamline. One moment, I was running for my life before the next, I'm sneaking around and snapping people's heads off. That's something that was jarring me from the experience overall.

I'm mixed over the abilities as some were useful such as Cartography which helped figure out the hidden locations down to the completely useless such as the counter moves. I think I've only used the counter move ONCE in the entire playthrough and that was during the tutorial to show it is done. They should have more useful abilities to tailor Lara to be the Lara you want rather than the set path she is.

However, the only thing I couldn't overlook was exactly how similar each stage was. Climb up a ledge, shoot arrow to make a bridge, climb again. Rinse and repeat. However, I can acknowledge this was done purely because of the layout of what was there.

Story

Probably another mixed bag. We're thrown into the story with little background until you are a decent way into the game. Honestly, I didn't think it was that effective. All it did was just confuse the living daylights out of me until that big plot twist was revealed. I don't want to spoil it so I'll leave it at that. However, I love how Lara grows from the timid girl that feels so helpless in the world to a survivor. Plus there were some moments where I thought 'you idiot!' Again, spoilers abound if I reveal it but I think that's enough for that part.

The background into the crew were awesome and good to see. I like it that they have personalities and a way to communicate their distinct differences. However, I still don't get the enemies such as the Solarii. How did they come to island? Why did they come to the island? That was something that needs to be expanded on. Perhaps an extra DLC?

Overall

Overall, it does feel like a discordant mess. But it is a mess that works out oddly enough. I'd say that it's good enough to play once. But be aware you'll be let down if you get the hopes too high up.

Today Lara Croft is just an ordinary looking girl, definitely will not stand out among another strong woman icon in the video games world.

Well thats your opinion...  :P

Me on the other hand Im really happy the way she looks now. Im entirely not popular in my tastes and like many other things, nobody agrees with me, but I like a a girl who looks real instead of a monster over-sized girl whose boobs you couldnt even grab if you tried to hug them like a tree. Id rather a thousand times be with a beautiful girl with flat chest than one of the impossible over-boobed creatures that I see as the model of "ideal" girl in the modding world. But as I said, Im an exile for this. Me personally, have to make a stand for the new design of Lara... her face is prettier than ever, looks young and natural, ans is also a face that doesnt hold the aggressiveness the one she had before when the game first started, her proportions are finally human and believable and yes they reduced her boob size a bit... GET IT OVER WITH. A small reduction in breast size thats intended to make things real, and does not by any mean change the fact she still has larger than usual breasts, and everyone looses their minds...

About her personality, I can say I can FINALLY talk about her personality... She developed into a strong girl but in a believable way, not just like one of the Die Hard, Terminator or Rambo kind of guys, cause thats what she was earlier. An over-boobed killing machine with the personality of an old action movie hero.

Now... she's human, and a damn good looking one. If the Lara from the games before had a human version I wouldnt be anywhere near interested, If the one from the last game was real... thats the kind of girl I could be into.

Believe it or not, I played the first game because of the adventures... going to Egypt, Atlantis, meeting dinosaurs, exploring underwater shipwrecks with that creepy sense of submarine claustrophobia, going to Tibet and magical Chinese temples to face a dragon, exploring India temples with reanimating Cali statues, jungles in South pacific, going to Antarctica and discover a forgotten civilization and probably the most awesome lost civilization in the TR series buried under the ice... So dont tell me EVERYONE played this game for the big boobs. I played it for the experience and in my eyes, Lara got better and better. NOW I like her as a character, thought I still would like an adventure like the old ones.

But this... well this is my opinion  :P (and im ok facing the fact that probably nobody agrees with me..)

I'm mixed over the abilities as some were useful such as Cartography which helped figure out the hidden locations down to the completely useless such as the counter moves. I think I've only used the counter move ONCE in the entire playthrough and that was during the tutorial to show it is done. They should have more useful abilities to tailor Lara to be the Lara you want rather than the set path she is.

Story

I still don't get the enemies such as the Solarii. How did they come to island? Why did they come to the island? That was something that needs to be expanded on. Perhaps an extra DLC?

Thats weird... The minute I got the counter move... add a few skills and its the most effective move in the whole game... its so useful that it gets boring to kill enemies over and over again with the super effective counter move... I tried NOT to use it because its more fun and challenging to shoot them. Im baffled by you saying its useless. Dodge + Stab with Arrow = Dead Enemy... And always the same equation

As the Dragon's Triangle equals to the Bermuda Triangle, I got an understanding the Solarii were shipwrecks just like Lara and the rest of the crew, who like them, were captured, but then "turned to the darkside" by the need to get out of there and the cult's influence to "do whatever it needs to be done" Still could have been a better story for this... but thats what there is

Archived