Jump to content
AshleySOAD

Would like to get in to modding this game.

Recommended Posts

"Does it make you happy? Does it make you mad?"

Yes YES it does!

 

Do you want to mod LE or SE?

I tried to give an idea how to mod Skyrim LE here:

Spoiler

 

 

For SE there are some good guides pinned too, like the one from dontknowdontcaredontask for MO and Aylis for 3BBB/SMP

Link to post
18 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

"Does it make you happy? Does it make you mad?"

Yes YES it does!

 

Do you want to mod LE or SE?

I tried to give an idea how to mod Skyrim LE here:

  Hide contents

 

 

For SE there are some good guides pinned too, like the one from dontknowdontcaredontask for MO and Aylis for 3BBB/SMP

Which do you recommend the most for beginners?

Link to post

Get mod manager

  • Mod Organizer

or

  • vortex

download/install

  • skse - google, install in main folder where tesv.exe is
  • skyui
  • fnis/nemesis
  • body of choice
  • armors corresponding to body of choice

and experiment, and download/test mods one at a time rather in bulk.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

depends on the game you want to mod, SE or LE

SE = Skyrim Special Edition (Skyrim 64bit + 3 DLC)

LE = Skyrim Legendary Edition (Skyrim 32bit + 3 DLC)

I have the vanilla version, does se work with that?

Link to post
28 minutes ago, GodSmack said:

Get mod manager

  • Mod Organizer

or

  • vortex

download/install

  • skse - google, install in main folder where tesv.exe is
  • skyui
  • fnis/nemesis
  • body of choice
  • armors corresponding to body of choice

and experiment, and download/test mods one at a time rather in bulk.

Thank you~!

Link to post
On 7/18/2020 at 6:36 PM, AshleySOAD said:

Are there any good guides to modding this game? If not any tips on where to start or what tools i should use? Thanks!

Okay, LE it is!

First you need a mod manager:

NMM => easy to learn how to use, easy installation, does only one job => install mods, but doesn't give much useful information to help you with resolving conflicts. Either you know already how to install mods right or you end up with try and error, especially without additionally modding tools like wrye bash or LOOT.

Writes files directly into your game folder. Closest you can get to manually installing mods.

Vortex => new, odd mix of NMM and MO, a bit betaish.

MO => hard to learn at the beginning, prone to cause users make errors, might cause you to make unintentionally install errors. If you plan to mod Skyrim excessively over a long period of time it's the best choice, because it gives a lot of information how mods get installed inclusive conflict warnings, details about installed files and overwrites. Has also features that makes merging mods easier and to create multiple profiles reliably(?). You need to learn how to use it right or you will be in a world of pain. Doesn't write anything into the game folder, all mods are pure virtual install.

 

No matter the mod manager you choose you can check this blog for (hopefully) useful insides how to create your first LL-Skyrim-Setup:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
21 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Okay, LE it is!

First you need a mod manager:

NMM => easy to learn how to use, easy installation, does only one job => install mods, but doesn't give much useful information to help you with resolving conflicts. Either you know already how to install mods right or you end up with try and error, especially without additionally modding tools like wrye bash or LOOT.

Writes files directly into your game folder. Closest you can get to manually installing mods.

Vortex => new, odd mix of NMM and MO, a bit betaish.

MO => hard to learn at the beginning, prone to cause users make errors, might cause you to make unintentionally install errors. If you plan to mod Skyrim excessively over a long period of time it's the best choice, because it gives a lot of information how mods get installed inclusive conflict warnings, details about installed files and overwrites. Has also features that makes merging mods easier and to create multiple profiles reliably(?). You need to learn how to use it right or you will be in a world of pain. Doesn't write anything into the game folder, all mods are pure virtual install.

 

No matter the mod manager you choose you can check this blog for (hopefully) useful insides how to create your first LL-Skyrim-Setup:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Thank you alot :)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...