20200807074529_1.jpg.efd1c18cdb3db9abe9a74cd8ec67bfb1.jpg

Spoiler

20200807110832_1.jpg.235e525799dbd617823f6dad13f4458d.jpg

20200807110922_1.jpg.dcdadfab4ee0edfafd40b0a2f93afc77.jpg

Spoiler

20200807111510_1.jpg.0dd0322c6414cb9c0b5928368c9a79f7.jpg

Spoiler

20200807122430_1.jpg.e7bee6f0fe9f12f0e055d79d05f7b7e1.jpg

this isn't normal darkness it's advanced darkness!

Spoiler

20200807122819_1.jpg.3d7f6de13c25ac16f1cdc36816e61de8.jpg

Spoiler

20200807123824_1.jpg.227bde18997fb4cd4a8843ee792051da.jpg

Spoiler

20200807125810_1.jpg.422ff252f30593326c4c03ae8381835b.jpg

20200807233951_1.jpg.47b15401897db76de53f7cf92b970f73.jpg

20200807234123_1.jpg.9145e20227a3290fa2d64df985c8e2f5.jpg

Spoiler

20200807124954_1.jpg.23e8d0f62cfb68a89b22b1c8e606822a.jpg

the enemies are pretty unique standing out from vanilla enemies and tough especially at night when they really try to kick your ass!😈 my new pyro-droid had a lot of fire damage to dish out which one shots most things vanilla and modded as nothing really has that much fire or frost resistance, although physical defense is really high on some creatures I mean past a hundred thousand points worth😖 but easily bypassed with fire or ice themed characters. the insanity mechanic is real nice touch as it grows with your exposure to the grim monsters, you start hearing and seeing things like the faceless guys who can't be hurt or hurt you, but are very annoying as they popup anywhere at any time interrupting conversations with a machete. I also use a forest overhaul which combined with the "advanced darkness" of grim during night really makes you stick to the roads. the enb used in the screens is dewm with the grim patch for non grim enbs enabled and the in-game visual fx set to hostel preset which really brings out the reds. any who the mod is fairly self contained allowing you to set the frequency and density of grim monsters. I might use it again someday with less sex and animation mods. overall a fun mod just don't keep the curse on for too long as it keeps running scripts in the background which can slow other things down (ex aaf).

Excellect work from Trykz, remind what Kennedy said: Let' go Fallout 4 with a picky Droid body, not because it's easy, because it is hard😁

It was worth to wait for it, the requirement to maintaining the body vessel is a great advance against tanking with power armor in a stampede through the whole game. It remind's me back in time to Mechwarrior 3 that was more realistic than the so called successors with stripped physics in the machines.

Now it's in our hand's if we take care for the energy and keeping our girl cool😆 Including stunning graphic quality and bodyslide capability.

Thanks Trykz for this quality mod👍

Hi everyone. Let it be said this is my first time manually installing a mod. I have used nexus mod manager and it has handled every mod I installed without problem. I believe I have followed the instructions correctly and I have tried looking for the lab, theatre and hatch at south Boston military checkpoint for days now. Is there anything I can type in the console to check I have it installed correctly? I don’t want to continue searching if it’s not working right and there’s nothing for me to find. Or a screenshot of a marker on the necessary locations would be fantastic in case I’m not looking in the right spots. This mod looks amazing and I want to appreciate the hard work that was put in. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance!

37 minutes ago, King of tentacle said:

@Trykz

just letting you know that the thermal terminal is being overwritten by the unofficial fo4 patch  

Hmm, is the fallout 4 unofficial patch marked as a esl/esm or what not, if so it should pretty much go directly below the official dlc, all othe esm go below that usually anyway.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:49 PM, KingPropaneHank said:

Hi everyone. Let it be said this is my first time manually installing a mod. I have used nexus mod manager and it has handled every mod I installed without problem. I believe I have followed the instructions correctly and I have tried looking for the lab, theatre and hatch at south Boston military checkpoint for days now. Is there anything I can type in the console to check I have it installed correctly? I don’t want to continue searching if it’s not working right and there’s nothing for me to find. Or a screenshot of a marker on the necessary locations would be fantastic in case I’m not looking in the right spots. This mod looks amazing and I want to appreciate the hard work that was put in. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance!

help droid 4

If nothing comes up in the console, the mod isn't active. If it does, you didn't look in the right spot. The hatch is in the very corner behind the pillar INSIDE the building.

Trykz

22 hours ago, Varithina said:

Hmm, is the fallout 4 unofficial patch marked as a esl/esm or what not, if so it should pretty much go directly below the official dlc, all othe esm go below that usually anyway.

an esp file that's flagged as a master which those i have load before all the regular esp files but after all the esm files

i turned it off temporarily so i could activate thermals 

Like to place ideas😇

The droid can go to sleep nude without having energy consumption and get more heat inside.

- Would it be possible to get a cooldown effect when entering water without armor and clothes?

- Can the heatup be a function of action and movement? For example if AP went low the heat ramps up

- Should the droid have a stable mode, where less action stop the heatup

- Using heavy armor or power armor should massively heat up

7 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Like to place ideas😇

The droid can go to sleep nude without having energy consumption and get more heat inside.

*Sleep* and *Wait* are essentially *shutdown* periods. Building noticeable heat from doing nothing would make little sense.

- Would it be possible to get a cooldown effect when entering water without armor and clothes?

It's already part of the full expansion which will replace the version you currently have. I didn't include it because I wanted to give you time to get used to managing the added actor value.

- Can the heatup be a function of action and movement? For example if AP went low the heat ramps up

That would require a LOT more scripting to achieve. Which I why I use the continuously active controller method. Heavier scripting isn't really an option I find acceptable. This mod is designed for near UNLIMITED expansion capability. I can add HOURS of new content by simply adding a single new actor value for you to manage, and a few items with which to manage it. And with minimal impact on the vanilla game.

- Should the droid have a stable mode, where less action stop the heatup

Again, already part of the full version. It takes 8 modules to achieve *stability* for JUST the armor pieces. And I've already created them. I'm currently working on scattering them around to some pretty dangerous places around ALL of the game worlds. NO concessions are made for any module or subroutine. I didn't add any because doing so would negate the entire expansion to the mod. I WANT you to build heat. As a machine, you shouldn't be able to negate every little thing that makes you what you are.

core module - head

chassis module - torso

left arm module

right arm module

left hand module - both hands

right hand module - breather

left leg module

right leg module

All controlled by a management system holotape. Each module is a *slotless* item that you can equip as soon as you pick it up, which will in turn slow your heat buildup by a small amount. Each module reduces heat accumulation, but *consumes* an equal amount of power (0.01 per tick). The management system holotape comes into play once you have ALL 8 modules. You can ONLY get the tape by relinquishing all 8 modules to create it. But once you create the tape, it will equip/unequip a single slotless combined module, AND reduce power drain by 0.04 per tick.

- Using heavy armor or power armor should massively heat up

Heat is already accumulated by wearing the armor that's included with the mod. Heat accumulation is handled through stacking enchantments, and a continuous accumulation controller. Feel free to add the enchants to whatever you like through a patch plugin. But adding them to items not included in the mod is not a task I'm looking to undertake.

Power armor isn't an *armor*. It's a *race*. And I have no interest in trying to figure that mess out 😝

Trykz

14 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Power armor isn't an *armor*. It's a *race*. And I have no interest in trying to figure that mess out 😝

Power armor could well be assumed to have it own internal cooling system, otherwise it would get hot in there very fast.

4 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Power armor could well be assumed to have it own internal cooling system, otherwise it would get hot in there very fast.

There you have it 😉👍

Trykz

18 hours ago, Trykz said:

help droid 4

If nothing comes up in the console, the mod isn't active. If it does, you didn't look in the right spot. The hatch is in the very corner behind the pillar INSIDE the building.

Trykz

Trykz thanks for responding so quickly it was greatly appreciated. Turns out I did have it installed correctly and I checked load order to discover the plugin for the mod wasn’t active. Activated the plugin and the hatch was right there. Thanks for the help and can’t wait to get started on my next adventure as a droid. Keep up the fantastic work!

4 minutes ago, KingPropaneHank said:

Trykz thanks for responding so quickly it was greatly appreciated. Turns out I did have it installed correctly and I checked load order to discover the plugin for the mod wasn’t active. Activated the plugin and the hatch was right there. Thanks for the help and can’t wait to get started on my next adventure as a droid. Keep up the fantastic work!

No problem. Enjoy!

Trykz

Just gonna leave these here for now:

You can take *breaks* here:

20200810235901_1.jpg

Cuz I'm gonna kick your ass beneath it:

20200810235926_1.jpg

Better bring your *A* game.

And a shitload of ammo.

And some spare fusion cores.

And ALL the coolant injectors you can find.

You're gonna need ALL of it if you expect to survive ☠️

And that's AFTER I kick your ass in EIGHT other locations first 👀

Trykz

Okay.....

so I guess I need to stomp this shit out right now, BEFORE I start getting inundated with PMs about the chassis/body swap not working or other self-induced broken shit due to impatience.

DO NOT make this mistake

Why?

Because the notifications are only ONE part of the value controllers. The notifications are housed within the SAME SCRIPT that the controller functions are written to. Removing the script just to get rid of the notifications BREAKS the functions of the controller. The notifications need to be edited out of the scripts, and the scripts recompiled, so ONLY the timers and functions remain.

When I release the FULL Thermal Edition addon, ALL of the notifications will be removed from all of the actor value controllers. With the release of Ophelia's widgets mod, the notifications are pretty redundant now. I'll also be adding Ophelia's widgets mod as a recommendation to the main post. Keep the Active Effects mod if you like, but with Ophelia's mod it is no longer necessary for value tracking.

Trykz

Forgive my ignorance Trykz, but is the thermal becoming *core* part of the next update?  Should i be using the heat function parts now to get used to it?

Also, i kinda read on the other mod "player synth gynoid" is that also going to be parts of this at some point with maybe hooks into the virus's and stuff?

4 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Forgive my ignorance Trykz, but is the thermal becoming *core* part of the next update?  Should i be using the heat function parts now to get used to it?

Also, i kinda read on the other mod "player synth gynoid" is that also going to be parts of this at some point with maybe hooks into the virus's and stuff?

Yes. It's why I released a *preliminary* version of the add-on early. The only things in the preliminary version are the actor value, it's controller effects and timer, the coolant injectors, and the meshes for the skeletal chassis, breather, and breather head. The breather isn't functional in the released version, but it's already fixed and working in the version I'm building now. Also, latest version will directly replace the preliminary version. The ESM, the meshes, and the effects will be unchanged so as not to cause a need to roll a new character. Just drop it in, accept the overwrites, and carry on. The controller scripts will auto-update when you load into the game with the new version.

As for Synth Player, that's up to @Halstrom.

At some point I'll be creating a bridge patch for this so droids can use and benefit from A.S.I.A.'s Nanite Overclock drug.

Trykz

6 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Yeah long term that's the plan, though it depends on me getting my Mojo back at the moment. Got to finish some other mods my mod requires :D

3 hours ago, sammythesquirrel said:

all i read from the last  4 post is that you guys are  gonna make  have to figure out how toi make both mods work in tandem for a total droid play through  the sets up gonna be hell and im going to have to pester both of you  to the point i get ignored >.<

Well, given that @Halstrom has some other stuff to get to first, I'm sure you'll have the droid side of it pretty well mastered by then 😉

On another note, I added a new function for draining fusion cell ammo into your power core. It's currently set up at a 8 to 1.00 ratio for my testing purposes. At release it will be 10 or 16 to 1.00 for a more balanced effect. My reasoning is that fusion cell ammo is laying all over the place (thanks to the minuteman/synth laser rifles). And because at my test character's current level of 58, fusion cores are getting a bit more scarce. I can usually get 2 per from sentry bot kills, but in a lightly modded/vanilla game, it's not likely you'd encounter nearly as many sentry bots as I do. You can still push power up over 300.00 at your peril, even without ANY fusion cores inserted. It's arguably *easier* to do with fusion cells, but takes a LOT longer. The fusion cells CAN be used WITH cores inserted as well, acting as a pseudo-charging mechanism if you're low on cores. I'll likely limit them at a suitable charge level as well to prohibit abuse.

Also, water now pushes power up as well (it's irradiated after all). However, both water AND rain will cool your core. Your rad shield will NOT work for cooling purposes while IN water. If you're trying to cool down, you'll have to drop the shield. Normal rain will reduce heat, but has no effect on power.

More info to come.....

Trykz

Im new to this mod, and Fallout 4 in general, i dont even have 500 hours clocked yet compared to my skyrim 4,000+ hours but this mod is fantastic.  Specialy talking to *crazy myrna* about all the supply.. Me? no im not a synth, im human as the day i was born, *cough* 

If i could offer some of my thoughts and opionions for consideration ^_^

Like you say with the Fusion Cores they become scarce later on at high level's, and with the new system to drain other power sources.  Could when you eject your old fusion cores you get a new item "Drained Fusion Core" that would be  a misc or junk item, and then have a new settlement structure you can build to recharge the drained ones over time.

Fail Safe or auto system's with configureable activations.  As an example the energy shield to absord rad's.

Set fail safe to activate at X system when X condition's are met.  

Enter combat or via hot key set all combat systems to active.

This my new Droid, C2.  

C2.png

2 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

Like you say with the Fusion Cores they become scarce later on at high level's, and with the new system to drain other power sources.  Could when you eject your old fusion cores you get a new item "Drained Fusion Core" that would be  a misc or junk item, and then have a new settlement structure you can build to recharge the drained ones over time.

Fusion cores getting scarce at high levels was never something I noticed myself, there again it could be simply due to me never really using power armor or anything that uses fusion cores except for in a few cases.

As for recharging fusion cores there are a few mods on nexus that already do that, no real reason to include it though it would fit the theme so to speak to have such an item.

7 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

If i could offer some of my thoughts and opionions for consideration ^_^

This was my initial thought when I developed the droid power system. And it seemed like a good idea at first, but was really just the *other extreme* of a similar issue. Instead of finding too few fusion cores, you only ever need to find two. Once you find 2-4 cores, that's it. You don't ever need any more because you can just keep recharging them.

But now that you mention *scrap items*, I think I'll have a look at some other potential rad sources to use as boosts to the power core. Like nuclear material and other things.

Hmm...... maybe I'll build in a new *power management system* with functions to drain any relative radiation source into your power core. With such a system, I could do away with the mod's fusion core armor items (keeping them mostly for aesthetic purposes though). This would make power management a more *active* aspect of the mod. I'm a little disappointed with the *plug in and forget about power for while* feeling of the current system to be honest. So here's what I'm thinking:

Fusion core = 100.00 drain-able power (with a single drain function)

Nuclear material = 25.00 drain-able power (with two drain functions for 1 or 2 at a time)

Fusion cell ammo x10 = 1.00 drain-able power (with 3 drain functions for 10, 100, or 500 at a time)

Dirty water already adds to power (but is also required for the biomass injectors), but you run the risk of disease (parasites in survival mode) by drinking it.

I'm looking through the Creation Kit for other suitable items now. I'll post more info as things develop.

Trykz