Trykz

Droids of the Commonwealth - 07/17/2020 *Thermal Edition* - 07/31/2020

On 7/30/2020 at 1:40 AM, Trykz said:

Sometimes, you just need to ask yourself......

why can my character get fucked by a deathclaw, but that same deathclaw can't grab my character's tits? I'd take that as a pretty good indicator that something ain't quite right with that animation mod 😝

Trykz

Sorry but in that case i was really asking myself why not xD

I made it work after some hours of internal suffering and crying, only my greed and lust kept me going ;)

Spoiler

After hours of some crash course with creationkit and self experience (with a lot of fails) i made your and the other mod work together!

So i digged deeper and found out that the conditions for these animations were that the target actors had to be from human/synth/valentinesynth-race and with your sexy mod the player switches the race from human to droid and is no longer a valid actor for that... So what i did was to load your mod (after forcing CK to load multiple masters) and the grab mod for dogs (i will sit for some more hours after i'm done with this message for the leftovers) and found this conditioncheck, duplicated the human one and changed the race to droid. It didn't work in the first run but now it works. In the end, i've changed my new created ESP into an ESL and tested it, to make sure it works.

1 hour ago, rarirasur said:

Sorry but in that case i was really asking myself why not xD

I made it work after some hours of internal suffering and crying, only my greed and lust kept me going ;)

Hide contents

After hours of some crash course with creationkit and self experience (with a lot of fails) i made your and the other mod work together!

So i digged deeper and found out that the conditions for these animations were that the target actors had to be from human/synth/valentinesynth-race and with your sexy mod the player switches the race from human to droid and is no longer a valid actor for that... So what i did was to load your mod (after forcing CK to load multiple masters) and the grab mod for dogs (i will sit for some more hours after i'm done with this message for the leftovers) and found this conditioncheck, duplicated the human one and changed the race to droid. It didn't work in the first run but now it works. In the end, i've changed my new created ESP into an ESL and tested it, to make sure it works.

Hmm..... so those mods use condition checks on the NPC animations? Wouldn't it be easier to just add the Droid race to the conditions list, instead of changing the human race condition to Droid?

That way, your patch would work without sacrificing the human race. The conditions list *should* read (if I'm understanding your explanation of how it works right) as:

Race: HumanRace == 1.00 or:

Race: SynthRace == 1.00 or:

Race: SynthRaceValentine == 1.00 or:

Race: DroidRace == 1.00 or:

And if that's right, that same method could be used for ALL of the conditioned animations for ALL of the affected creatures in ONE patch.

Without the need for 4 separate patches.

Also, keep in mind that an ESL is a "light master". Meaning that (as far as I know) it cannot be loaded AFTER an ESP. Leaving it as an ESP would also make it easier to reload the patch into the CK to edit in whatever the author of the other mod adds later. Converting back and forth multiple times runs the risk of corrupting the file.

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Hmm..... so those mods use condition checks on the NPC animations? Wouldn't it be easier to just add the Droid race to the conditions list, instead of changing the human race condition to Droid?

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Race: HumanRace == 1.00 or:

Race: SynthRace == 1.00 or:

Race: SynthRaceValentine == 1.00 or:

Race: DroidRace == 1.00 or:

Yes and that's exactly what i did, i've simply copied the human condition and left the original unchanged for humans. Just changed on the second one, human to droid and problem solved^^

And good job to myself, looks like I made me more work by loading them all separately instead in one go... dammit :(

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Also, keep in mind that an ESL is a "light master". Meaning that (as far as I know) it cannot be loaded AFTER an ESP. Leaving it as an ESP would also make it easier to reload the patch into the CK to edit in whatever the author of the other mod adds later. Converting back and forth multiple times runs the risk of corrupting the file.

Can't argue with that, you are totally right (thanks for reminder about the "ESL-ESPloading")! So If i understand you correctly, that means there is no risk if i make some changes in the future in my patch? For example, the author releases a new grabbing mod for creatureXYZ again in a ESL file, that means I can reload my ESP in CK with all the added conditions for older creatures and can safely add new condition without risking to corrupt my save file? Well it looks safe to me, it would be just 1 more added conditioncheck to the others, I just want to be sure and hear the opinion from an expert :D

Again sorry for bothering you with my problems, this is the last one I have for now^^

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

If you tag the esp as an esl rather than do the full conversion, it will still follow the load order so it can/could be loaded after the esp that it patches.

Though to be honest esl are a bit odd, as they are supposed to be placed after esm in the load order, but they do in fact load into the game last as their load number is FE, which as far as I am aware means the should load as the very last things the game sets up.

Hmm I just remembered that I only did this on the first mod where only dogs were involved and solved it by placing my esl after the original. The rest was simply saved into the existing ESLs because... my CK was funny and i was tired after all that xD

I'll probably repeat all this process to the others so in the end I'll have only modified ESLs with additional check. Thank you both Trykz and Varithina, it was my first deep experience in the CK that showed me how much complexity there exists and even more of what I still don't know! :)

5 hours ago, Undertower said:

Hmm I just remembered that I only did this on the first mod where only dogs were involved and solved it by placing my esl after the original. The rest was simply saved into the existing ESLs because... my CK was funny and i was tired after all that xD

I'll probably repeat all this process to the others so in the end I'll have only modified ESLs with additional check. Thank you both Trykz and Varithina, it was my first deep experience in the CK that showed me how much complexity there exists and even more of what I still don't know! :)

The ck will convert esp into true esl, xedit is what you would want to just flag a esp an esl.  Do be aware though esl can only have a certain number of records in it, around 4kish or so, pretty much great for patches and archive loaders or texture loaders and such, and from what I remember from doing it last the ck version will stop you if there is a problem, the xedit way wont.

Dig around a bit and you can save yourself some hassle there is a script that can be run in xedit on your entire load order that will flag all the appropriate esp as esl, not too sure how that would work on a existing save, but on a new game it should be all right.  This one is on the skyrim se nexus but from what I remember it does work on fallout 4 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27568

11 hours ago, Undertower said:

Yes and that's exactly what i did, i've simply copied the human condition and left the original unchanged for humans. Just changed on the second one, human to droid and problem solved^^

And good job to myself, looks like I made me more work by loading them all separately instead in one go... dammit :(

Can't argue with that, you are totally right (thanks for reminder about the "ESL-ESPloading")! So If i understand you correctly, that means there is no risk if i make some changes in the future in my patch? For example, the author releases a new grabbing mod for creatureXYZ again in a ESL file, that means I can reload my ESP in CK with all the added conditions for older creatures and can safely add new condition without risking to corrupt my save file? Well it looks safe to me, it would be just 1 more added conditioncheck to the others, I just want to be sure and hear the opinion from an expert :D

Again sorry for bothering you with my problems, this is the last one I have for now^^

It's no bother.

But what I'm saying is this:

If you simply copy the changes made to EACH of the original mods to your SINGLE patch, your patch becomes a single *replacement* combining the changes of ALL those mods into a new *All-in-One* mod, that eliminates the need for those individual mods entirely, WHILE adding the ability for those changes to work with my mod.

Basically, YOUR *patch* isn't really a patch. It's a replacement for all those mods, that adds my mod to it's capabilities.

edit: leaving your mod as an ESP allows you to reload it into the CK without converting it back and forth. The CK can, as Varithina pointed out, CAN create ESL files. But it CANNOT *convert* them back to ESP.

Trykz

Heads up.....

I had a feeling there was something I forgot to test.

Apparently the waterbreathing enchant on the breather isn't working. Which isn't an issue really. I'll sort it when I load the build plugin back into the CK to start building the larger version of the expansion mod. So just ignore it for now.

Trykz

1 hour ago, houdini said:

Should I keep both esms? Or disable old 1?

Edit: NVM, got it.

Cool.

But I'll respond anyway for those who might wonder:

This is an *add-on* that REQUIRES the main mod. So yes, BOTH ESMs must be present and active.

That said, Once I finish the *overall* expansion, the Thermal Edition.esm will be replaced with the full version of the expansion. I released this "preliminary version" so folks could get used to the additional actor value, and get accustomed to managing it.

Trykz

15 hours ago, absurfer said:

Hello, 

I installed this mod like the setup said, however I am getting the purple body and black face issue talked about above. I tried the loose files and that did not solve anything. 

As discussed a page or so back, you're not seeing the textures because the loose Material files are not present.

Trykz

I could realy use some help here, i cant figure it out, or am missed something somewhere.  

Installed droids manual in the data folder, went to South Boston CP, went down the door in the back.  And that's as far as i got.  Ive read dand interacted with both terminal's but cant figure out where, or how to sign this digital waver it wants

1 hour ago, LatencyRemix said:

I could realy use some help here, i cant figure it out, or am missed something somewhere.  

Installed droids manual in the data folder, went to South Boston CP, went down the door in the back.  And that's as far as i got.  Ive read dand interacted with both terminal's but cant figure out where, or how to sign this digital waver it wants

Yeah you just have to sign at the second terminal that you are ready to "loose yourself" ;) 

It triggers a neat procedure that describes what happens to you and afterwards you have to click on the ok button in the popupmessage.

Edit: Sorry for bad description, my english is drunk tonight^^

29 minutes ago, Undertower said:

Yeah you just have to sign at the second terminal that you are ready to "loose yourself" ;) 

It triggers a neat procedure that describes what happens to you and afterwards you have to click on the ok button in the popupmessage.

mm the terminal in the side room only has one option to check and it just explains about it. and the white terminal only has 3 options

Spoiler

Terminal 2.jpgTerminal 1.jpg

20 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

mm the terminal in the side room only has one option to check and it just explains about it. and the white terminal only has 3 options

Reveal hidden contents

Terminal 2.jpgTerminal 1.jpg

Strange, your terminal that has only 1 option should have 2 options... You installed all the files manually just as described? Maybe doublecheck them. Otherwise i don't know where the error seems to be, wait for reply from Trykz or someone else who has more experience than me^^

4 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

There is only one explanation for this.....

you're not playing a human character.

The ONLY condition on that terminal entry is that your character be human. The condition exists so droid characters can't reuse the terminal.

Trykz

@Trykz 

hey i wanted to ask 

1. are you gonna add anymore colors for the droid body lines (ex. pink purple green etc)

2. is it possible to make the lines glow or is that not worth doing?

3. have you looked at using the new 1.75 fusion girl or should i hold off on upgrading for a while

also started my play through over to test my droid against the new grim overhaul just for fun so pics as soon as 

I become a droid and kill some monsters🎃 

6 hours ago, Trykz said:

you're not playing a human character.

non human character? as in a different race mod?  i dont get it, i dont have any race mods installed.

I tried again on a new game, coc straight after leaving the vault with only DoTC active and the terminal worked and had both options.  enabled the rest of the mods, all on a manual install, not using MO and the option was gone.  Is it one of my other mods blocking it somewhere?

EDIT:

So your mention of the human character got me thinking and looking over my mods again,  While i didnt have any other custom race's installed i did still have RaceCustomicer active.  After disabling that and starting a new game, everything work'd on the terminal and it had both option's to choose from.

3 hours ago, sammythesquirrel said:

if you replace that check  with a thing that simply restores a back up if you reuse it as a droid that way non- humans could still become droids would that be a built-in way to increase compatibility or would it be more trouble than its worth

There isn't a condition check that can achieve this. The only other option is something scripted. This mod is VERY light on scripting, and I want to keep it that way.

2 hours ago, King of tentacle said:

@Trykz 

hey i wanted to ask 

1. are you gonna add anymore colors for the droid body lines (ex. pink purple green etc)

2. is it possible to make the lines glow or is that not worth doing?

3. have you looked at using the new 1.75 fusion girl or should i hold off on upgrading for a while

also started my play through over to test my droid against the new grim overhaul just for fun so pics as soon as 

I become a droid and kill some monsters🎃 

1. possibly, but not for a while. I have a lot going on with other aspects of the mod right now.

2. I can, but glow maps on the head are not do-able, and it would look awkward.

3. I did. And as is usual with Fusion Girl (which I use btw), 1.75 has some kinks to work out first. Once it's finalized, I'll transition to that within the mod and create a new droid body. 1.61 was horrendous. Which was why I reverted the FG droid body back to 1.45

Let me know how you like that overhaul. I took a look, but it didn't seem like it would add a lot beyond what I already get from my current mod setup.

1 hour ago, LatencyRemix said:

non human character? as in a different race mod?  i dont get it, i dont have any race mods installed.

I tried again on a new game, coc straight after leaving the vault with only DoTC active and the terminal worked and had both options.  enabled the rest of the mods, all on a manual install, not using MO and the option was gone.  Is it one of my other mods blocking it somewhere?

EDIT:

So your mention of the human character got me thinking and looking over my mods again,  While i didnt have any other custom race's installed i did still have RaceCustomicer active.  After disabling that and starting a new game, everything work'd on the terminal and it had both option's to choose from.

Cool. Glad you got it sorted. And thanks for the heads up about Race Customizer. I kind of figured it was a conflict somewhere.

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Cool. Glad you got it sorted. And thanks for the heads up about Race Customizer. I kind of figured it was a conflict somewhere.

Been playing around with it for a couple hours now,  realy like the mod and now Race Customizer is gone all seems to be going smoothly, and it works in my MO2 setup. 

many kudos for the work on the mod

SOrry to bug yalls again,  Does anyone have a OCBP work for the droid body? the clothes/normal cbbe physics doesnt match the new android body 

EDIT: Solved kinda ;)

Did some poking about, read through the OCBP INI tweaking guide, and poked about in the FO4E DoTC esp and in outfitstuido for the CBBEDroid.osp

For anyone else having the same problem i was heres what i add'd in the OCBP.ini file to get it to work.

[Attach]
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_00=Breast
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_01=Breast

[Attach.A]
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_00=Breast.A
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_01=Breast.A

[Whitelist]
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_00=DroidRace
CLOTH_Bone_Goggles_01=DroidRace

Also in the  WHITELIST add ,DroidRace to the end of all nodes.

It seems the CBBEDroid didnt have the standard breast nodes for it to work