Trykz

Droids of the Commonwealth - 07/17/2020 *Thermal Edition* - 07/31/2020

So after some more thought on the thermal aspects of the mod, I decided to go all the way back to the beginning. Looking through all of the game's assets, I happened upon the game's skeletons you see laying around all over the game. After some hocus-pocus in Outfit Studio, and a little pixie dust cubemap magic sprinkled in, I came up with this:

20200725114051_1.jpg

20200725114112_1.jpg

20200725114337_1.jpg

I think it makes more sense. To some extent, it would be quite reasonable that The Institute would likely use *some* parts from other prewar robotic systems to accelerate development time when developing their synths. A metal, human-like skeletal frame protecting robotic internal parts if you will, and covered by *skinned* panels to protect the delicate parts inside from the elements.

Now to rework the management system.

Trykz

4 hours ago, Trykz said:

If searching with the console's help command yields no results, then the mod isn't active. If your mod manager is telling you it is, it's time for a new mod manager that actually works properly. F4SE has nothing to do with determining if a mod is active or not. It's a script extender. It has no effect on the mod's physical parts which should show up in the console even if you had no script extender at all.

You've got something seriously wrong going on. And my guess is it starts with NMM.

Trykz

changing to vortex did nothing. ill just have to keep trying

is there any requirement that i am missing?

38 minutes ago, migueltorga said:

changing to vortex did nothing. ill just have to keep trying

is there any requirement that i am missing?

The only *hard* requirements are the game and it's DLCs.

If nothing connected to the mod is displaying in the console, then the mod isn't active. If Vortex is telling you that is it, then you've got even bigger problems that likely extend out into your overall Steam installation. There is simply NO reason why the mod should not work for you if Vortex is saying that it's in your load order and is active.

Trykz

Managed to get just about everything *inside* of the metal ribcage:

20200725152146_1.jpg

20200725152216_1.jpg

20200725152247_1.jpg

Currently looking into something like a body shape "mesh" to overlay it. Just something basic. Nothing BodySlide-able. I don't feel like trying to create 4 different versions of this.

Trykz

18 hours ago, Trykz said:

Cool.

But might I ask, what hair mod and hair texture is that in your screenshot? I thought I had every hair mod there is, but I don't recognize that one. And the texture looks much different from others I have or have seen. I guess it could be enb or lighting, but still wondering. TIA,

Whoops sorry, i just went to bed after writing my last message, there you go these are all my mods that are related to hair:

Commonwealth Cuts - KS Hairdos - Apachiiskyhair:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11402/?

KS Hairdos - Addon(s) with physics:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29944

Black Desert Online Hairs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byda8LmQlLtuV0l4YThJWHNiZW8/view

Newsea's sunshine hairstyle:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/36605

(probably from here, and don't be fooled by "..for male", its for female too but the link is too long xD, check screenshots:)

MiscHairstyle 1.6:

https://fo4-mischairstyle.tumblr.com/post/139169515871/mischairstyle16-download-47-new-hairs-for-male

(just found this by accident by making this list and will mabye get it later too:)

MiscHairstyle 1.6 physics:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3miqb8c0vy35zs0/Misc_Hairstyles_Physics_1.1.rar/file

And no i don't use any ENB... well i tried and my screenshots were extreme nice but my gameplay was just meh xD

I'll install it back again if i get a new graphiccard and this will take a while. But i think this the texture is from one from here:

512 Standalone hair colors (1ESP):

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21365

as someone who boned a skeleton i must say that's a pelvis worth rattling!😍

p.s. skeletons i've boned/and would be interested in boning include : skeleton princess from princess & conquest

my undead army both skyrim and princess & conquest

skeletor from he-man

skeleton king from srmthfg (super robot monkey team hyper force go)

grim from grim adventures of billy and mandy

jack from nightmare before christmas

urgathoa from pathfinder

mort from planescape torment

rito repulso from power rangers (ritas brother)

Really big thx Trykz for your hard work, because without you all this wouldn't be possible and i'm really happy to see you keep going! I took some time and set things up for some photoshooting and these are the outcomes with your awesome mod (and for example how it looks with an ENB):

Spoiler

PV-1.png.1e5909bf96d9e8c5fa705bbc518382d4.png

Spoiler

PV-3.png.399d360c6a05f69986a6004b4be40be3.png

Spoiler

PV-5.png.5fce814aab19608965832b8ff4253fbc.png

Spoiler

PV-6.png.9f4fb56f7970356d3ed3949db566e1a1.png

Spoiler

PV-10.png.3b3daa459e1ec847086a6483b36de79f.png

Spoiler

PV-9.png.21df2391412ec81515a19ccaddef2108.png

I hope you and the guys here like them :D

1 hour ago, rarirasur said:

Really big thx Trykz for your hard work, because without you all this wouldn't be possible and i'm really happy to see you keep going! I took some time and set things up for some photoshooting and these are the outcomes with your awesome mod (and for example how it looks with an ENB):

Hide contents

PV-1.png.1e5909bf96d9e8c5fa705bbc518382d4.png

Hide contents

PV-3.png.399d360c6a05f69986a6004b4be40be3.png

Hide contents

PV-5.png.5fce814aab19608965832b8ff4253fbc.png

Hide contents

PV-6.png.9f4fb56f7970356d3ed3949db566e1a1.png

Hide contents

PV-10.png.3b3daa459e1ec847086a6483b36de79f.png

Hide contents

PV-9.png.21df2391412ec81515a19ccaddef2108.png

I hope you and the guys here like them :D

Daaaaaaamn...... very nice 👀

Trykz

So the body shape overlay really didn't work out to my satisfaction. It worked, but even with the thing almost completely invisible, it detracted from the skeletal chassis too much. And with it more visible, it was too obscuring of the internal parts. There just wasn't any real *sweet spot* for it. So that idea is out.....

I also reworked the temperature system's controller. It is now FULLY automated. The temperature timer quest now manages the entire system. However, I made the coolant injectors slightly more accessible. I added them to the chem vendor *rare* leveled list. So don't expect them to be cheap, OR in every chem box you find. That said, the temperature system is *optional*. To use it requires using the *cool down* entry on the checkpoint terminal located in the little trailer. Also, I forgot to mention in the first two posts that this terminal will ALSO replace your holotape should it be lost/taken. The two entries are under the "Logs" heading. Whether you use the terminal or not, your character will still have the Temperature actor value added, but without it's controller running, it simply does nothing.

When your core temperature reaches 195.75, your *skinned* outer panels are stored. They will not re-deploy until you either add enough coolant to re-deploy them, or the *automatic* cooling cycle engages.

Should you not be able to buy/find any coolant injectors, the system will shut you down and run it's *automated cooling subroutine* when your core temperature reaches 215.00, after which it will automatically re-deploy your skinned outer panels.

As of right now, the temperature system does little more than add immersion value. But that said, I have a LOT of things in store for not only the new system, but the existing systems as well. What I'll be starting to build in a week or two will add a LOT of new things which will require you to start up the temperature controller, as it will utilize ALL of your droid's systems.

I need to re-add the headpiece and mask into this add-on, after which I will put this into final play-testing before I release it next weekend. I'll be adding it to the downloads here as it's relatively small size doesn't really warrant a separate page.

Trykz

17 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

I've tried to build some statwidgets for the actorvalues, made them update roughly every in-game minute using hudframework

Playtesting now, kind of buggy still - are you okay with me uploading it if it becomes reliable?

It adds hudframework as a dependency, only interaction with droids is reading the actorvalues

https://imgur.com/a/dga796A

Just saw your message.

YOU, are a hero.

And yes, I'd be fine with you releasing this. However, I added a new *Temperature* actor value for the add-on I'll be releasing this weekend. So it might be best to hold off until then. Alternatively, you could release this with just the three values from the main mod, and then add a separate, optional update to add the Temperature value later. I'll leave that choice to you.

Thanks,

Trykz

50 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Just saw your message.

YOU, are a hero.

And yes, I'd be fine with you releasing this. However, I added a new *Temperature* actor value for the add-on I'll be releasing this weekend. So it might be best to hold off until then. Alternatively, you could release this with just the three values from the main mod, and then add a separate, optional update to add the Temperature value later. I'll leave that choice to you.

Thanks,

Trykz

Alright, uploaded!

Would be good if other users get to test it before I add another widget (shouldn't be much work adding another though).

DroidStatWidgets

-OC

16 hours ago, King of tentacle said:

well here they are i combined the muscle map cbbe conversion with the droid normals  hope they look alright

Reveal hidden contents

20200727181608_1.jpg.936b3d3814559c09cd09d03ff2e0758f.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

20200727181629_1.jpg.e3eef0721c0bf74e219dda1fda2f6b5f.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

20200727181814_1.jpg.c2ee4223cc3380f14e338945e7aecfaa.jpg

tried some different settings in paint.net to make the muscles more pronounced let me know what you think💪

Spoiler

20200728122834_1.jpg.e18dc9721204878ff35dbe1be00f772e.jpg

Spoiler

20200728122639_1.jpg.a7ec8dbc9e0c1eb35636667da5b01099.jpg

Spoiler

20200728122530_1.jpg.24fe19646af012a99c3405b9d5628fae.jpg

10 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

@Trykz Oh ... The back of the neck is different in color.

Hide contents

2059447437_Fallout42020-07-2822-42-55-26.jpg.043ad84b14bdccc7da2d67a78241498b.jpg

I put everything according to the instructions.

I used an CBBE body.

This is a known, long standing issue. I *could* make a fix (and did for the previous version of the race), but ALL of the females in your game will use it.

After much investigation, it stems from a vanilla game level bug that assigns the body texture set to the headrear mesh, which is the wrong texture set. And unfortunately, since FO4 has no custom race support of any kind, assigning a custom headrear mesh to a custom race doesn't work, because the game engine doesn't recognize the part on the race form.

I could rectify this problem easily. By simply applying a direct fix to the vanilla Player preset. However, that would screw EVERYONE who uses LooksMenu Customization Compendium, which broke modding's number one rule:

NEVER edit a vanilla form. EVER.

I'll put up a fix at some point, but with the understanding that the individual uses it at their own discretion.

Trykz

3 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

Oh yes .. I almost forgot ... during the AAF scenes, the body disappears from this mod and is replaced by the standard one ... (the face remains in place)

Reload the game after the first scene.

Trykz

6 minutes ago, Trykz said:

This is a known, long standing issue. I *could* make a fix (and did for the previous version of the race), but ALL of the females in your game will use it.

After much investigation, it stems from a vanilla game level bug that assigns the body texture set to the headrear mesh, which is the wrong texture set. And unfortunately, since FO4 has no custom race support of any kind, assigning a custom headrear mesh to a custom race doesn't work, because the game engine doesn't recognize the part on the race form.

I could rectify this problem easily. By simply applying a direct fix to the vanilla Player preset. However, that would screw EVERYONE who uses LooksMenu Customization Compendium, which broke modding's number one rule:

NEVER edit a vanilla form. EVER.

I'll put up a fix at some point, but with the understanding that the individual uses it at their own discretion.

Trykz

Okay ... then it will be necessary to remove the mod ... for me this error is critical ...
But still, thanks for the mod.