Trykz

Droids of the Commonwealth - 07/17/2020 *Thermal Edition* - 07/31/2020

6 hours ago, Undertower said:

Sounds good, especially recycling mini-nukes. I'm excited to see the power output, same goes for the heat.

Not gonna give it away...... but:

your power *soft* cap is 300.00

A single fusion core gives you 100.00

Exceed the soft cap by too much, and *BOOM* 😈

Trykz

Status Update:

I've moved into play testing the final full version Thermal Edition ESM, and everything seems to be working as intended, with no discernible issues. Of particular note is *The Aqueduct*. It's a small custom interior loaded to the gills with Mirelurks and Mirelurk Kings. This little cell is TOUGH. And cramped. And irradiated. Bring LOTS of ammo. You've been warned.

Then there's *The Calm*. As bad as The Aqueduct may be, this place is relatively comparable. Maybe slightly easier. The first few rooms of the sub are LOADED with feral ghouls. I didn't want to fill the entire sub, because you need to find the final FOUR cooling modules, and trying to fight off dozens of ghouls would likely get them kicked all over the place. There's no markers, so you're in for one helluva scavenger hunt.

But once you have all four modules, any chem bench will create the holotape management system. Be warned..... the management system is NOT AVAILABLE (including the ability to recycle cooling items) without the holotape.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This next update will be totally optional)

So here's what's I'm working on when I'm not play testing:

I shouldn't need to explain this:

20200823195409_1.jpg

It's obviously an idling Sentry Bot.

So why am I showing you this?

Here's why:

20200823195341_1.jpg

This optional update is quite small. But DO NOT be deceived.

It makes the race A LOT more challenging to play.

Look closely at the screenshot. Most importantly, entries 1, 2, and 5.

This update REMOVES the systems to recycle items for power and cooling on the fly, and adds

them to ANY robot that you can hack. It also takes away your fusion core slots.

You still have the same power cap, but now you must rely SOLELY on the recycling system.

Same goes for your cooling system. Injectors remain, but your cooling modules go away.

In the vanilla game, you need the perk that enables bot hacking. You still do, but I lowered the

requirement of the perk to 4 intelligence.

The fifth option in the menu will drain ALL of the bot's power to your core (100.00 total)

with NO heat penalty. I HIGHLY recommend shutting them down first, and then

QUICKLY moving away though 😉

More to come.....

Trykz

I got a question, I believe I have properly downloaded and set up the mod, yet I can't find the hatch on the checkpoint, I did followed all the steps and wound like a bit of help on that matter as I am a bit profane, thanks in advance. BodySlide's files were already merged as intended. On a second note, what AAF adult mods would you recommend to play along with yours?image.png.ae6d71f22a81bfa5e2ce62b84863208b.pngimage.png.834107e7a2f236c1c646c33c6bded2e9.pngimage.png.de1635b64d20863ab3d1138f8e46bbae.png

7 hours ago, DesdemonaItzal said:

Thanks for the quick response, any idea on how to make it right without MO2 or which step did I took wrong?

Instead off having the Droids of the commonwealth - 1 main in your data folder. There is another data folder inside droids -1 main that is where the esm and other files are locatred.

The way i installed mine was i made a new folder on my desktop, and extracted it all into there first and treated that like the Data folder.  Once you have unzip'd all the files and it looks like my picture you can copy that to the steam folder,

Droids of the Commonwealth\Droids of the Commonwealth\Droids of the Commonwealth - 1 - Main\Droids of the Commonwealth - 1 - Main\Data

16 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

The way i installed mine was i made a new folder on my desktop, and extracted it all into there first and treated that like the Data folder.  Once you have unzip'd all the files and it looks like my picture you can copy that to the steam folder.

Alright, I think it should be good now, take a look.

image.png

Hi am having trouble finding the trapdoor in the South Boston Military checkpoint. Also I can't tell if everything installed correctly so is there a way for me to tell?

Having read the above comment about the correct install do we have to have a separate Droids folding in the fallout data folder or is it installed normally so they are alongside the rest of the the mods?

8 hours ago, DesdemonaItzal said:

Alright, I think it should be good now, take a look.

That looks how it should be,  Just now copy that contents into the Data folder and it should work for you.

3 hours ago, sofasamuria said:

Also I can't tell if everything installed correctly so is there a way for me to tell?

in console type help "droid" 4 and it should list off all the droid armor if you have it installed correctly

18 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

That looks how it should be,  Just now copy that contents into the Data folder and it should work for you.

in console type help "droid" 4 and it should list off all the droid armor if you have it installed correctly

3 hours ago, DesdemonaItzal said:

Remember that you need all the DLCs as well, it can be that!

Have done a fresh install with just this mod and it requisites and i still can't get it to work.

I do have all the DLC's and so am out of ideas.

I did the suggested method of creating a folder and extracting all parts to there and then copying that to the data folder.

5 hours ago, sofasamuria said:

Have done a fresh install with just this mod and it requisites and i still can't get it to work.

I do have all the DLC's and so am out of ideas.

Are you using any type of MO2 or the nexus one?  Does the droids ESP show up in the plugins list?  Other wise you can try to activate it in Fallout 4 mods list

10 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Are you using any type of MO2 or the nexus one?  Does the droids ESP show up in the plugins list?  Other wise you can try to activate it in Fallout 4 mods list

Im using NMM community edition and the mod was unchecked in the plugin list. Once checked the Trapdoor appeared.

Thank you for this advice.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:32 AM, Trykz said:

No. It's part of the assets that make up the body. It's also required for certain functions within the mod.

It can be *hidden* by anything that uses the neck slot. Like a necklace or any other collar item.

Trykz

Any way to change the model? Maybe the the Institute?

Sorry to be back again and buggin you about more stuffs XD ❤️  But i just couldnt keep away from uising DoTC mod in a game play.

I had been using Fusion Girl but the super bug when you shoot some rando NPC and crash the game got to much for me so i swaped it back to CBBE and started again.

And i am again trying to figure out the temp system's.  I only just activated the temperature monitoring but again it started with values in the negative, and then i played with adding custom values in the pip boy actor values mod tab on a old save.  I set the values for 200 and instatnly it striped you down to the metal skeleton and coolant packs actualy worked and reduced temp's over X period of time.  But then i noticed the Temperature value has no set "Defaul" value if you would call it that.  Like the ActionPoints has Perm 55, should the Temp values also be getting assigned a perm value when initialized?  Is it safe to manualy set a perm value to the temperature values? I would thhought that there might be something interrfeering with giving it the base value or something

Spoiler

AV Stats 1.jpgAV Stats 2.jpg

9 hours ago, shadowfx78 said:

are you playing on survival? if not that will mess with the system

No, im just normal,  i tried survival but was no fun for me, and at the time i was using FG so i needted to F5 before shooting anyone because of the bug.

What does survival mode effect in otherways? is it make timescale or some other times lower or higher?

10 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

What does survival mode effect in otherways? is it make timescale or some other times lower or higher?

It is the way some of the timers that are used work, in survival they take a fair amount of time longer before they tick so to speak, in lower modes they tick quicker, it was explained somewhere in either this post of the previous versions post.

I installed everything the way it described but the only part of body that looks right is the neck and spine, the rest of the body looks like a normal TWB also stimpacks work to heal and my character randomly slumps over. I tried editing the BS files, I made sure files were in correct places. please help

image.png.7c3d367868781a11bbffe63c8d25dcb0.pngimage.png.ebbc433b7950dc95e20d67c813141a84.png