Slaves of Tamriel Plus Plus

Slaves of Tamriel Plus Plus

View File

New in version 2.1.1: 

Several fixes with giant mounds of thanks to 

@Herowynne

@verel

and I added the sleep activator directly to the mod, with the same giant mounds of thanks to @jc321

As of version 2.1 you no longer need HDT Workshop

Includes SE conversion from the aptly named Herowynne (see her release notes)

The pickaxe digs into the crevice. With a practiced twist, I remove the axe while widening the hole. After two more strikes, a chunk of ore two handspans long tumbles to the ground at my feet. I absently push it to one side with my foot, already locking my eyes on the next spot. Just as I start the downswing, the horn blares. I drop the pickaxe and bend to gather my ore. It makes a knee high stack - master will be pleased. He moves along the line now, stopping at each worker, counting their ore, complimenting or punishing, marking their tally on their chest with a piece of charcoal. The new workers have the least amounts, of course. It is easy to tell they are new - they still wear gags, still show signs of strain, haven't yet learned how to pace themselves. Still have hope in their eyes. I don't like to look at them, see the fire that burns in their bellies. That fire will soon be banked, then extinguished. I still remember a time when I had such a fire. No. I don't. I remember dreaming of such a time. An empty echo, the tattered remnants of an imagined life. A husk. Fanciful images of a world that doesn't exist, cannot exist. Master comes to me, compliments my work, tallies my ore on my breast, moves on to the next. I gather my ore in buckets and carry them to the smelter, dump the ore into the pile, then resume my place. The horn sounds again, and we shuffle in a straggling line to the dining area. I take my place, kneeling in front of a trough. I am rewarded this meal - a small piece of crusty bread has been added to the usual assortment of lettuce, radishes, and wiry meat. Once the meal is finished we shuffle to the bathing room. We take turns on the chamber pots, then are chained standing along the wall. Masters douse us with buckets of water, rinsing away a layer of black dirt. On, then, to the sleeping cell. I kneel on my pallet of straw and wait for master to lock my collar to the ring on the wall with a length of chain, then settle into itchy, dreamless sleep. Some undetermined time later I am awakened by a touch on my back. I shift my weight back, raising my rear into the air and spreading my legs. I feel master enter me, hear his grunting, press my face and arms into the floor to brace myself. Master finishes with a long groan, removes himself, and I crumble back to the ground, already nearly asleep again. The horn wakes me, and I kneel, waiting for master. He comes by presently, detaches the chain from my collar. I stand and wait until all the workers are in line and chained together. We shuffle back to the mine and take our places. I pick up my pickaxe and, when the horn blows, I strike. The pickaxe digs into the crevice. With a practiced twist, I remove the axe while widening the hole. After two more strikes, a chunk of ore two handspans long tumbles to the ground at my feet.

Slaves of Tamriel description (for those who haven't played it): 

Spend the rest of your life as a slave in a mine. 

This is a continuation of the continuation of Slaves of Tamriel (made by Slaves of Tamriel). It is exactly the same as Slaves of Tamriel Continuation by Hæretic except it now includes a way to escape.

Starting the quest:

There are two ways to start the quest: The MCM (if you can get it to open - it has shown up exactly once for me) or via any version of Simple Slavery (I recommend Hexbolt8's SS++ version, as linked). 

Patch

If you click on the sleep activator at night and find nothing happens other than the time has moved to 6am, download and install the Bed Patch, kindly provided by @jc321

Mechanics 

Working at the Mine

At the beginning of the quest, you're processed as a new mine slave and forced to mine ores along with other slaves. Upon the arrival, you'll be branded with a slave number 36 (and optionally shaved) and led to the mining area where the other slaves are working.

Mining Efficiency and Perks

Each ore deposit has random 'strength' assigned to it, and while you're mining, it decreases until it reaches zero, then an ore will be put in your backpack nearby. Unlike in a normal game, the deposit cannot be depleted and attacking it (instead of pressing 'E') won't yield an ore.

The mining efficiency depends on a hidden mining perk, which will increase as you successfully mine ores. Initially, your efficiency is the lowest among the slaves so you won't be able to mine as fast as any of them.

(In the current version, it's perfectly normal for the player not being able to mine a single ore during the first few work shifts.)

Exhaustion and Resting

As you mine, your stamina will decrease constantly until you're no longer able to continue working. You can press 'Rest Hotkey' (Q, I think) to sit down and catch your breath(you'll hear rough breathing sound when your stamina falls below 70%), which will restore your stamina faster than the normal.

This mechanism applies to other slaves as well, so the slaves will occasionally stop working and sit down to rest when their stamina runs out.

Guard and Punishment

There's a guard at the mining area who'll constantly watch over the slaves and punish whoever get caught while being idle.

He will randomly stares at different directions and when he notices an idle slave, he will chase it down and punish it after a short pause (about 3 seconds). It means, when you see him staring at you, it's not just an animation but he is really watching if you're working or not.

So it is advisable to check what he is doing while you're working, and take a short break whenever he's not looking at you to save stamina.

After you're punished, he won't chase you down for a short while, so you can use that time to regain your stamina as well.

Being hit with a whip will randomly throws you into the ground, and it will also incurs some health damage. When your bladder is full, there's a chance that you'll leak while being whipped.

During the scenes, the guards might order you do certain task, like entering a cell or follow. Failing to comply with the order promptly might also subject you for a punishment.

Work Schedule and Submitting Ores

After every two hours of working, you're supposed to submit the ores you mined. The guard will visit each slaves and mark the number of the ores on its left breast. When no ore is mined during a shift, the guard will punish the slave instead.

After the marking, the slave is supposed to go to the smelter and give the ores to the Smelter Slave and allowed to take a short break.

It is safe (not being punished) to use the toilet during the ores are counted, but you'll need to be quick as other slaves might also want to take the chance.

Feeding and Integrating with Other Mods

Before and after the work, the slaves will be fed twice a day in their cells. As their hands are bound all the time when they're not working, they are fed with a trough, and the amount of food each slaves gets is proportional to the amount of ores it mined (marked on the breast).

Also, there's a proof-of-concept plugin for integrating with iNeeds, so when a slave eats from a trough, it will increase the satiation and hydration value accordingly. In future, plugins for other mods will be provided as well, and when they are completed, the player will required to work hard to avoid being starved to death.

Using a Toilet

Slaves of Tamriel includes a light weight 'Private Needs' type bladder system, which will track each slave's individual bladder size and its status.

Roughly, the bladder is filled every twelve hours, and once it fills over 40% the NPC slave will try to use a near by bucket toilet when it's allowed to so (i.e. during a break).

If it reaches 80%, they will try to use the toilet even during the working hours, and if they get whipped there's a chance they will leak. It will also leak when the bladder is completely filled up,

The player can use a toilet once the bladder is filled over 20%, but the other rules apply the same.

Escaping

When in the mine, pick up the shovel near your work area. Then make your way back up to the administration building to collect the things taken from you.

SE Version 

This mod includes animations. Run GenerateFNISforUsers after installing this mod. (This is true of LE as well)

If you want Simple Slavery to send you to Slaves of Tamriel, go into Simple Slavery's MCM and ensure that Slaves of Tamriel is enabled as a post-auction destination. (This is also true of LE)

This conversion gives KS Hairdos to this mod's NPCs, but KS Hairdos is not required. All the KS Hairdos textures that are used by this mod are included in the BSA. (This is also also true of LE)

SlaveTats Troubleshooting

• Ensure you are using the latest SE version of SlaveTats, which is SlaveTats 1.3.5.2 SE (2020-03-15). (I'm using 1.1.1 on the LE version. Seems to work fine.)
  • The previous version SlaveTats 1.3.5.1 SE has a bug that prevents this mod's tats from displaying.
  • You must download and install one of the slave tat packs provided with this mod. I successfully tested with Slaves of Tamriel - Textures UNP 1k.zip (Also also also true of LE. 4K seems to work fine.)
  • After installing your chosen slave tat pack, you must activate the slave tat pack in your mod manager. (Of course)
  • In game, you must go into the SlaveTats MCM and tell it to Add tats, which will reload all the tat lists. (This is NOT true for LE. Should work without even looking at the Slavetats MCM)

Known Issues

When your player character is sent to Slaves of Tamriel, the Slaves of Tamriel MCM Slave Settings are reset, meaning that those settings are lost that you may have entered before being enslaved.

After the branding scene, there is a fade to black. Your character is supposed to wake up lying on the ground. That only works about 10% of the time in my testing. Most of the time, your character is standing, which makes the subsequent guard's tattooing animation look odd. (It's really effective when it does work if you're in first person perspective)

After the tattooing, your character is placed in devices (collar, gag, etc.) After that, you are supposed to get a quest objective to follow the guard deeper into the mine. In my testing, you often do not get that objective automatically, and your character remains frozen with no movement controls. If that happens, you should save your game. Simply saving can prompt the quest objective to activate and unfreeze your character. Otherwise, you can load the save, which should cause the objective to activate and unfreeze your character. If that still doesn't work, you can try waiting a while, because sometimes that helps the objective to activate. 

When you get to the mine working area, you should go into the Slaves of Tamriel MCM Slave Settings -> Behaviour and uncheck Ragdoll on Hit, because during my testing the player character often gets permanently stuck in a ragdoll state, with no movement control and no way to fix the problem other than reloading a save.

Requirements, straight from the old mod  

Thanks to @HexBolt8 and @Lupine00 for their help in getting the stuff returned. :)

Thanks to @Herowynne , @jc321, and @verel for their bug extermination.

Thanks to all of these people for their general amazingness.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/11/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyui, skse, sexlab frameworks, zaz animation pack, zaz hdt workshop, slave tats, devious devices assets
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Here's the thing. I love Slaves of Tamriel. The mod, not the person. I don't know the person. He seems like a nice guy from what I can gather, but it would be a bit much to claim that I "love" him.

The mod Slaves of Tamriel is the most immersive gaming experience I have ever had. The atmosphere is pitch perfect - it feels like endless work and despair.

There was only one problem with it - it didn't have a way to get out. Once in the mine, you had to coc your way out. Which is fine to a point, but you would also be stuck with the mod's debilitating effects, such as getting knocked over at the slightest touch and having to pee even if you don't have a needs mod installed (he added a portion of iNeeds right into his mod. Very sneaky!).

Well, assuming I remembered to package everything, this will fix it.

Now, I want to be very very VERY clear about what this is and what this is not.

What it is: the ORIGINAL Slaves of Tamriel Alpha 5, with all of its wart, blemishes, and half-finished portions, with an ugly, hacky line of dialogue to get you out of there.

I did not use the newer version because the last I knew, that version froze right at the beginning, an issue that was never fixed, to my knowledge.

I will not - let me very  clear - NOT - continuing where either of them left off. I'm not going to add to the after-mining experience whatsoever. Even if I had the time, I lack the skill to do so.

Also, you will not get your stuff back. It is sitting in a box at the entrance to the mine. I have no idea how to transfer it to your person. If someone wants to help me with that, I can add it in.

Haha, great! 

Cant wait to check myself :P

EDIT:

I just had reinstalled Slaves of Tamriel to check how the mod plays. Might be I had the wrong version since I got an endless loop in the branding scene.

I wanted to see if I there could be a check for how much ore you have to mine before the release dialogue appears or set a success chance or sth. like that.
Maybe we can add that later, tho. 

"Also, you will not get your stuff back. It is sitting in a box at the entrance to the mine. I have no idea how to transfer it to your person. If someone wants to help me with that, I can add it in."

Be sure that the box with the player's stuff is a persistent object.  If its ID were BoxRef, you only need:

BoxRef.RemoveAllItems(PlayerRef)

Can't collect ores. You can mine all you want, ores do not spawn near player, but it does spawn near NPC's.

Guard can't punish you for thievery. Comes in, says get down, and it either bugs out and he just leaves, or you get down and he leaves, with a dialogue that repeats in circles. At the same time you can get whipped by the second guard for slacking.

If you steal a second time, guard behind door turns hostile and attacks.

After escaping you get teleported inside a mountain, however the mesh is non-collisive so you can run through it, still confusing though since you can't see anything.

@Durante The mod description mentions that it is not uncommon to have no ore at all the first few times. I don't know how well the thieving thing was implemented - I vaguely recall it being only partially finished. 

Odd that it put you in a mountain. It puts me on the side of one. Hmm...

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

"Also, you will not get your stuff back. It is sitting in a box at the entrance to the mine. I have no idea how to transfer it to your person. If someone wants to help me with that, I can add it in."

Be sure that the box with the player's stuff is a persistent object.  If its ID were BoxRef, you only need:

BoxRef.RemoveAllItems(PlayerRef)

Thanks. Sounds like the hard part is done. Now I need a semi-plausible reason to get it back. XD

21 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Sounds like the hard part is done. Now I need a semi-plausible reason to get it back.

It sounds like that's the hard part.  ?  At a minimum, you could pilfer from the box before giving the items back to the player.  With MCM settings you could add options for percent gold stolen, and whether things like lockpicks and device keys are stolen, things like that, items that a guard might pocket.  Even if the reason for regaining your stuff is weak, at least you actually would lose some things and "earn" your escape.

18 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

It sounds like that's the hard part.  ?  At a minimum, you could pilfer from the box before giving the items back to the player.  With MCM settings you could add options for percent gold stolen, and whether things like lockpicks and device keys are stolen, things like that, items that a guard might pocket.  Even if the reason for regaining your stuff is weak, at least you actually would lose some things and "earn" your escape.

Well, as I said in the description, I'm not planning on developing this (such as adding MCM settings). I just wanted a way to exit. But if people want to pitch in stuff, I'm more than happy to add it. XD

I'm not sure how he set it up to collect your stuff since the box doesn't have a unique name and I see no properties or references for it. But I was able to use it to return the stuff anyway, so big thanks to @HexBolt8 and @Lupine00 for their help. I'll try to think of something more clever than, "due to a staggering coincidence, you find a guard who was killed by wolves who happens to have your stuff." XD

19 minutes ago, jfraser said:

I'm not sure how he set it up to collect your stuff since the box doesn't have a unique name and I see no properties or references for it. But I was able to use it to return the stuff anyway, so big thanks to @HexBolt8 and @Lupine00 for their help. I'll try to think of something more clever than, "due to a staggering coincidence, you find a guard who was killed by wolves who happens to have your stuff." XD

2 ideas:

1. I personally avoid all kind of robbery (I only roleplay that stuff because.... yeah well, bugfixing and I love my outfits too much :P) so I would try to patch the robbery off completly and make the mod only strip (as patch) 

2. you could try to move the chest to the outside of the mine so it can be accessed after escaping. 

16 minutes ago, Nymra said:

2 ideas:

1. I personally avoid all kind of robbery (I only roleplay that stuff because.... yeah well, bugfixing and I love my outfits too much :P) so I would try to patch the robbery off completly and make the mod only strip (as patch) 

2. you could try to move the chest to the outside of the mine so it can be accessed after escaping. 

not sure what you mean by "robbery," If I moved the chest outside, that would require at least some form of building to put it in. a chest with all your stuff just sitting randomly out in the open would be even more of a stretch of believably than happening upon a dead guard. At least he had the possible excuse of taking it for his own or on his way to sell it.

If I recall from my previous foray into the mod/scenario, there was a building placed outside the mine entrance that was supposed to be the scene/location of further events/escape.
I thought the location is in the neighborhood of those nefarious (nay, devious) Thalmors' embassy, so that'd become a suitably lore-friendly (immersive) means of framing the escape and retrieval of equipment.

In my head canon I placed my circumstances of escape in the hands of those transferring me from the mine to the embassy (with requisite hints of a fate linked into Captured Dreams').

I felt the inspiration of the old Slaves of Tamriel scenario in Vel's Captured Dreams mining as well as Kimy's inclusion of the Dagonar Prison.

I'll take some time this week and reinstall the old and new SoT scenarios and see how much was there for further development.

29 minutes ago, Pyreliter said:

If I recall from my previous foray into the mod/scenario, there was a building placed outside the mine entrance that was supposed to be the scene/location of further events/escape.
I thought the location is in the neighborhood of those nefarious (nay, devious) Thalmors' embassy, so that'd become a suitably lore-friendly (immersive) means of framing the escape and retrieval of equipment.

In my head canon I placed my circumstances of escape in the hands of those transferring me from the mine to the embassy (with requisite hints of a fate linked into Captured Dreams').

I felt the inspiration of the old Slaves of Tamriel scenario in Vel's Captured Dreams mining as well as Kimy's inclusion of the Dagonar Prison.

I'll take some time this week and reinstall the old and new SoT scenarios and see how much was there for further development.

there is an outdoor building for SoT? this is news to me! XD

It's in the 1.12 version and also a scene (if you can find the right quest package) where you are transported up to that building. Unfortunately with haywire physics.

Do I assume this truncated version doesn't do the day/night cycle where you start again in the morning?  

14 minutes ago, jc321 said:

It's in the 1.12 version and also a scene (if you can find the right quest package) where you are transported up to that building. Unfortunately with haywire physics.

Do I assume this truncated version doesn't do the day/night cycle where you start again in the morning?  

That sounds like it was probably the new version. Last I knew, that version broke something at the beginning and the player was never able to be processed - the mod just stuck there. with you and the guy just staring at each other. So I have used the old version for this.

so, no, as i recall, he didn't get that far in this version. it stopped at mealtime, i think.

I know nothing about animations but maybe it was just a broken scene. i'll look at the newer version and see if it works and, if not, if it is easily fixable. no promises! :)

No worries, good to see others still enjoyed it as much as I do.

The 1.12 version had a full never ending cycle although the last version uploaded had the sleep trigger commented out so was easy to fix. There was a heap of other things in there as well, but don't have the know how to get working (even in a buggy way). Had so much promise this mod.

Not sure if you tried it but SewerRats (by SewerRat) did a 'go to prison' version which I think some of the coding techniques were borrowed from SoT which was also atmospheric, sadly also discontinued  

i downloaded 1.12 and started a new game with it. it is much as i remember. there is no MCM. I was able to get there the first time via Simple Slavery but it did a "toggle floating camera"thing at the point where i was supposed to enter the cell to be processed so i closed the game and  reloaded but then i was unable to get back to it via SS ever again. i'll keep looking at it, though

6 hours ago, jfraser said:

I'll try to think of something more clever than, "due to a staggering coincidence, you find a guard who was killed by wolves who happens to have your stuff."

"Another slave made the escape with you.  She somehow managed to retrieve your gear for you, but won't reveal how or why, just mumbling something about repaying a debt before running off."  There's a large sack with your stuff in it.

8 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

"Another slave made the escape with you.  She somehow managed to retrieve your gear for you, but won't reveal how or why, just mumbling something about repaying a debt before running off."  There's a large sack with your stuff in it.

ooh, not a huge sack. although i suppose a transfer to a different container would be the same, just use the container ref instead of playerref, yeah? i could, in theory, add another NPC then have her run off and then disable her after a bit.