jfraser

Slaves of Tamriel Plus Plus

First off, great mod btw, I really felt the immersion this mod is aiming at. However, I have this issue where I was able to escape and tried to go back to the mine. The first thing I noticed is the guards were constantly repeating the same dialogue: "hold it right there,...". I was hoping to see what are they going to do next, but it seems that they just being idle like I wasn't there. My character kept lying on the ground like the guards said but nothing happened.

PS: I noticed that the tattoos did not applied to my character as well as other slaves. I installed SlaveTats and its requirements already plus the instructions you posted on the mod page but have no results so far.

I do not think the original author had anything built for when someone escaped and re-entered the mine, considering he did not have an escape actually built yet. Lol. 

For the slave tats, you might have too new of a version. 

That's too bad actually, when I was exploring the mine, I came across a torture room too, it was filled with devices and cells. I'm not sure whether that was your work or the original author's or it was even a part of the mod to begin with.
While I'm at it, I have a suggestion that if you could use Zaz's hdt wrist chains for the slaves and make it function like normal (basically allowing the PC and NPC to work without restricting). I know it's pretty much a longshot but if you or other modders could pull it off, it would be a big boost to the mod's immersion. It's up to you buddy, you're running this show now. :))

27 minutes ago, juggernaut111 said:

That's too bad actually, when I was exploring the mine, I came across a torture room too, it was filled with devices and cells. I'm not sure whether that was your work or the original author's or it was even a part of the mod to begin with.
While I'm at it, I have a suggestion that if you could use Zaz's hdt wrist chains for the slaves and make it function like normal (basically allowing the PC and NPC to work without restricting). I know it's pretty much a longshot but if you or other modders could pull it off, it would be a big boost to the mod's immersion. It's up to you buddy, you're running this show now. :))

The only think I added was the shovel. :)

All the stuff is weighed down with scripts (that were a pain to clear, may I just say), so it's not as easy as just switching out pieces, alas.

You should be walked to your cell around 6pm, wait around to be fed (couple of in game hours, but best not force that) then you should be able to sleep around 10pm and should see the activator on the floor on the right hand side. The activator is/was always visible but the patch would actually make it work (ie: will fade to black and then you wake up at 6am)

2 hours ago, jc321 said:

You should be walked to your cell around 6pm, wait around to be fed (couple of in game hours, but best not force that) then you should be able to sleep around 10pm and should see the activator on the floor on the right hand side. The activator is/was always visible but the patch would actually make it work (ie: will fade to black and then you wake up at 6am)

I walked all over that cell. Looked at every inch and see no activator. Could it be a conflict with a sleep mod? Like Sleep Tight or Go To Bed?

On 2/17/2021 at 10:11 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Went looking for this thread in "Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods", couldn't find it.  Funny that its in the Sexlab forum when there's no sex in it.  ;)   Anyway...

Got sent to the mines from Simple Slavery++, first time in a while.  Everything pretty much worked, though the quest didn't end for me when I escaped.  I also forgot that my items were in the Admin building, instead I snuck back into the mine (the entrance puts you on the wrong side of the door inside btw, had to clip through the wall to get into the mine) and took my stuff from the box after pickpocketing the guard with the key.  And I had to use setownership on the box so that all my stuff wasn't marked as stolen.   Then after leaving I manually setstaged to 130 to end the quest.  

So, perhaps because I didn't end it properly, I had to change my name back manually (using Sexlab Adventures), but also I seem to have caught a cold... my character is still occasionally coughing like all the prisoners in the mine do.  How do I make that stop?  

Edit:  And the little bit of "realistic needs" is still going on which is mightily annoying.  

Please tell me how I can get rid of the idle coughing, the whimpering when getting hit, and the bladder events, after having escaped the mine.  Pretty please!   :)

On 2/25/2021 at 6:04 AM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Please tell me how I can get rid of the idle coughing, the whimpering when getting hit, and the bladder events, after having escaped the mine.  Pretty please!   :)

I cleared every effect I could find. Maybe try going back to a save and escaping again?

35 minutes ago, aspirine2 said:

new game keeps crashing ...at random points from this mod ..some times it not ..& some times it does ...??

Those are some pretty generic issues that probably aren't from this mod but from just general Skyrim mod build instability. 

2 hours ago, aspirine2 said:

any ideas to solve this ??

I mean, sure. Make sure your mods are up to date. Make sure you ran LOOT and cleaned any mods it said needed cleaning with TES5Edit. There are a number of stability guides and tweak type mods on Nexus, I recommend looking into those. 

The biggest advice I can give you is to avoid installing, uninstalling, or upgrading any mods in the middle of a save. Always start a brand new game to maximize your stability.

15 hours ago, jfraser said:

I cleared every effect I could find. Maybe try going back to a save and escaping again?

I was having the same problem and trust me that I tried this, it didn't work. I even went as far as getting turned into a werewolf but nothing has changed

On 2/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, jfraser said:

Is there a console method to clear effects?  Right now I have to player.removespell to get rid of the bladder, but it comes back every time I load a save.  (Don't have a save before escaping.) 

When do  you remove the effects; when we grab the shovel, or when we get our stuff back?  I think I'm going to try getting re-enslaved and escaping again.  However, one problem with that, the shovel came with me.  :/  So that might not work.  If I drop the shovel and pick it up again, I 'escape' from wherever I am and am teleported to that cave near the mine.  I went into the Admin building again to have the 'get your stuff back' to trigger, hoping that would clear the effects, but it didn't.

11 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Is there a console method to clear effects?  Right now I have to player.removespell to get rid of the bladder, but it comes back every time I load a save.  (Don't have a save before escaping.) 

When do  you remove the effects; when we grab the shovel, or when we get our stuff back?  I think I'm going to try getting re-enslaved and escaping again.  However, one problem with that, the shovel came with me.  :/  So that might not work.  If I drop the shovel and pick it up again, I 'escape' from wherever I am and am teleported to that cave near the mine.  I went into the Admin building again to have the 'get your stuff back' to trigger, hoping that would clear the effects, but it didn't.

I didn't think about dropping the shovel and picking it back up. Although it will, presumably, be taken from you once you go back. I wonder if consoling it to yourself would work for escaping again.

The scripts are supposed to clear as soon as you leave the mine.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, jfraser said:

I didn't think about dropping the shovel and picking it back up. Although it will, presumably, be taken from you once you go back. I wonder if consoling it to yourself would work for escaping again.

The scripts are supposed to clear as soon as you leave the mine.

I think I (might) found a way to solve this. Those of you that are still fortunate enough to have the MCM entry, don't mess around with it just yet; instead, start the mod elsewhere (eg: simple slavery). Once you have played the mod and escaped, go to the mod's MCM entry and tick on "stop quest". It should stop whatever effects that still lingered after escaping. For those that have started the mod via the MCM entry in the first place, 90% it will disappear and you will not be able to use this method. The only way is to start a new game.

11 minutes ago, juggernaut111 said:

I think I (might) found a way to solve this. Those of you that are still fortunate enough to have the MCM entry, don't mess around with it just yet; instead, start the mod elsewhere (eg: simple slavery). Once you have played the mod and escaped, go to the mod's MCM entry and tick on "stop quest". It should stop whatever effects that still lingered after escaping. For those that have started the mod via the MCM entry in the first place, 90% it will disappear and you will not be able to use this method. The only way is to start a new game.

Moreover, the "slave sound" option in the MCM can be toggle, but from my experience it didn't work even after escaping (Because I do not turned off the quest). I guest you might need a couple of tries. One with the "slave sound" turned on and the other turned off. Afterwards, go to the MCM after escaping and turn off the quest then test to see whether the affects are gone yet. If anyone have a better method, please let me know.

14 minutes ago, Moacir Jr said:

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, no. Aside from the things people have been suggesting throughout this thread. Is the MCM showing up for you?

On 2/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, Moacir Jr said:

I trying to do this mod wkr, but i have a bug. After the guard put the "gag" and the chsins  in my char, all stop, i cant move, and nothing happens... is my char in the middle, one guard back, and one guard in front me... and nothing happens.

@Moacir Jr I provided the following troubleshooting advice in post #73. The highlighted yellow part may apply to your problem.

Known Issues

When your player character is sent to Slaves of Tamriel, the Slaves of Tamriel MCM Slave Settings are reset, meaning that those settings are lost that you may have entered before being enslaved.

After the branding scene, there is a fade to black. Your character is supposed to wake up lying on the ground. That only works about 10% of the time in my testing. Most of the time, your character is standing, which makes the subsequent guard's tattooing animation look odd.

After the tattooing, your character is placed in devices (collar, gag, etc.) After that, you are supposed to get a quest to follow the guard deeper into the mine. In my testing, you often do not get that quest automatically, and your character remains frozen with no movement controls. If that happens, you should save your game. Simply saving can prompt the quest to activate and unfreeze your character. Otherwise, you can load the save, which should cause the quest to activate and unfreeze your character.

When you get to the mine working area, you should go into the Slaves of Tamriel MCM Slave Settings -> Behaviour and uncheck Ragdoll on Hit, because during my testing the player character often gets permanently stuck in a ragdoll state, with no movement control and no way to fix the problem other than reloading a save.