Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is there a mod event or function which can be called from another mod to trigger a contract with a specific follower/NPC?

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Is there a mod event or function which can be called from another mod to trigger a contract with a specific follower/NPC?

Only indirectly.  With Simple Slavery++ installed, if you register a potential or current follower as your auction buyer in this mod, then if any mod sends you to the SS auction, that NPC will become your follower (if not already) and will become your owner after the SS auction scene with a contract time equal to the contract set in this mod's MCM + 5 days ("no contract" would become a 5-day contract).

Share this post


Link to post

I've run into an issue with SubmissiveLolaEsturk_110.7z on SSE. When wearing any of the gags supplied by Submissive Lola (or at least the 7 or 8 I tested), 90% of Sex Lab animations are stomped on and don't play. Basically, however I trigger an SL scene (SLEN, Submissive Lola, Sexlab Solutions, Devious Followers Continued), the actors start to line up, they strip down, but no animation plays, and then SL ends and returns to normal gameplay. In about 10% of the cases the animation plays fine (I think I got ArrokFootJob and ZazBoobJob or something like that).

 

The workaround I've found is to debug acquire a DD gag not from Submissive Lola, throw away the gag from Submissive Lola, and then equip the new one (because if you equip the DD gag while the one from Submissive Lola is in your inventory, the Submissive Lola gag will be equipped instead). With a regular DD gag (I only tested one since the first one worked) SL animations work as usual and my character doesn't get zapped every 3 seconds for not wearing her gag (though I note that Sex Lab animations work in that instance as well).

 

Not sure if this is something particular to my specific set up or a general Submissive Lola thing, but I thought I'd share the issue and my workaround in case anyone else runs into it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Only indirectly.  With Simple Slavery++ installed, if you register a potential or current follower as your auction buyer in this mod, then if any mod sends you to the SS auction, that NPC will become your follower (if not already) and will become your owner after the SS auction scene with a contract time equal to the contract set in this mod's MCM + 5 days ("no contract" would become a 5-day contract).

Is there an API or mod event or something I can use so I can write a mod that does it, though

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, DayTri said:

Is there an API or mod event or something I can use so I can write a mod that does it, though

No, though you could manipulate the variable for the contract time if the player is already enslaved.

12 hours ago, Anunya said:

Not sure if this is something particular to my specific set up or a general Submissive Lola thing, but I thought I'd share the issue and my workaround in case anyone else runs into it.

The problem with this mod's lightweight non-locking devices is known.  They confuse Devious Devices if you have one in your inventory and equip a real DD.  Version 1.1 is two months old now, but I've been releasing updates.  The latest is here.  (The site doesn't allow a co-author to update the main mod page.)  Somewhere in those updates I had the mod remove any extra lightweight devices from your inventory to avoid the display problem.  No one else has reported animation problems though, and I've never seen that myself. 

 

For a long term solution, I think I should replace the non-locking devices with real locking DD items (I used real DD items for the Pony Express event).  The non-locking device concept was a clever attempt to find a middle ground between the original mod's ZAP devices and Devious Devices.  Unfortunately, though it seems okay at first, it messes up Devious Devices and has to be used very carefully.  What I want to do is to replace the lightweight devices, either by simply using existing DD items, or (where that's not possible) reworking the item to conform to the DD standard.  The mod will still support ZAP's zbfWornCollar keyword if a player wants to equip a ZAP collar, but the devices it provides would lock, with support for switching collars on request.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

The problem with this mod's lightweight non-locking devices is known.  They confuse Devious Devices if you have one in your inventory and equip a real DD.  Version 1.1 is two months old now, but I've been releasing updates.  The latest is here.  (The site doesn't allow a co-author to update the main mod page.)  Somewhere in those updates I had the mod remove any extra lightweight devices from your inventory to avoid the display problem.  No one else has reported animation problems though, and I've never seen that myself. 

 

For a long term solution, I think I should replace the non-locking devices with real locking DD items (I used real DD items for the Pony Express event).  The non-locking device concept was a clever attempt to find a middle ground between the original mod's ZAP devices and Devious Devices.  Unfortunately, though it seems okay at first, it messes up Devious Devices and has to be used very carefully.  What I want to do is to replace the lightweight devices, either by simply using existing DD items, or (where that's not possible) reworking the item to conform to the DD standard.  The mod will still support ZAP's zbfWornCollar keyword if a player wants to equip a ZAP collar, but the devices it provides would lock, with support for switching collars on request.

Yeah, the animation thing was weird and super frustrating but since changing the gag solves it I'm not concerned. I think it's one for the "point of data if it comes up again" files.

 

Thanks for the pointer to the update. Normally I avoid updating mods in the middle of a playthrough, but it's pretty tempting since my character is probably returning to Markath in the not too distant future.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Thanks for the pointer to the update. Normally I avoid updating mods in the middle of a playthrough, but it's pretty tempting since my character is probably returning to Markath in the not too distant future.

A lot has been added since 1.1.  Updating mid-game should normally be fine for this mod.  I do it myself.  The thing to avoid is updating while one of the events is running.  If you don't have any of the mod's quests running other than the main quest, you're okay.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A lot has been added since 1.1.  Updating mid-game should normally be fine for this mod.  I do it myself.  The thing to avoid is updating while one of the events is running.  If you don't have any of the mod's quests running other than the main quest, you're okay.

Thanks for the pointers, I think I'll give it a go since it's a pretty big part of the playthrough :)

Share this post


Link to post

Having witnessed this wonderful mod being picked up again, I decided to add my own few modifications as a separate plugin. Since they have grown rather substantial over time, I thought I'd share them with you guys in case any of you might be interested. By no means do I wish to intrude on the efforts of the authors of this mod, instead merely hoping to add to the experiences it provides. I've taken the liberty of adding a few random events in the spirit of this mod using very similar triggers. For now, they include:

 

- City Bondage
Upon arriving to a walled city, your owner may find they have business elsewhere and will decide to temporarily stow you away in a piece of furniture placed somewhere inside the city. The animations provided are completely custom and should give you something to enjoy during the 2-3 hours that your owner will be gone. The time during which your owner is occupied can be fast-forwarded using the space key.


- Enough is Enough
Should your submission fall beneath a certain threshold, arriving at a walled city may prompt your owner to take drastic measures to teach you a lesson. Depending on your dialogue choices, the lesson learnt may be more severe and permanent. A similar event will be played if you haven't bettered your ways a week after the first lesson.


- Marked Property
Conversely, if you have a substantial amount of time remaining on your contract (more than a month) or your owner has decided to keep you forever, he or she may as well opt to have you permanently marked as his or her property. Naturally, this quest will require SlaveTats to fully function, although it is by no means a hard dependency.

 

Feel free to contact me should you run into any issues or wish draw from the assets I have provided here. As with any co-dependent plugin, things can get fuzzy and some issues are bound to arise. I'll be eagerly awaiting any feedback you guys might have.

 

Humbly yours,

Kalmah

 

kalmahlolaaddon.rar

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Kalmah said:

Having witnessed this wonderful mod being picked up again, I decided to add my own few modifications as a separate plugin. Since they have grown rather substantial over time, I thought I'd share them with you guys in case any of you might be interested. By no means do I wish to intrude on the efforts of the authors of this mod, instead merely hoping to add to the experiences it provides. I've taken the liberty of adding a few random events in the spirit of this mod using very similar triggers. For now, they include:

 

- City Bondage
Upon arriving to a walled city, your owner may find they have business elsewhere and will decide to temporarily stow you away in a piece of furniture placed somewhere inside the city. The animations provided are completely custom and should give you something to enjoy during the 2-3 hours that your owner will be gone. The time during which your owner is occupied can be fast-forwarded using the space key.


- Enough is Enough
Should your submission fall beneath a certain threshold, arriving at a walled city may prompt your owner to take drastic measures to teach you a lesson. Depending on your dialogue choices, the lesson learnt may be more severe and permanent. A similar event will be played if you haven't bettered your ways a week after the first lesson.


- Marked Property
Conversely, if you have a substantial amount of time remaining on your contract (more than a month) or your owner has decided to keep you forever, he or she may as well opt to have you permanently marked as his or her property. Naturally, this quest will require SlaveTats to fully function, although it is by no means a hard dependency.

 

Feel free to contact me should you run into any issues or wish draw from the assets I have provided here. As with any co-dependent plugin, things can get fuzzy and some issues are bound to arise. I'll be eagerly awaiting any feedback you guys might have.

 

Humbly yours,

Kalmah

 

demo.rar 5.31 MB · 0 downloads

That sounds pretty cool and I'm happy to try it out at some point. Thanks for the work!

 

Would you mind giving a bit more detail regarding the permanent components of "Enough is Enough" and "Marked Property" (perhaps in spoiler block for those who'd like to discover through play)? Personally I'm pretty picky about skin markings and about permanent effects on my characters, so I'd like to have an idea what I'm signing up for.

 

EDIT: I would recommend you rename your file something like KalmahLolaDemo or something like that, because demo is wonderfully undescriptive :)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A lot has been added since 1.1.  Updating mid-game should normally be fine for this mod.  I do it myself.  The thing to avoid is updating while one of the events is running.  If you don't have any of the mod's quests running other than the main quest, you're okay.

 

Another question - I have your SLSLolaPatch which I used with Submissive Lola 1.1 and SL Survival .623. Is it still required for the Nov 20 patch of Submissive Lola (which I'll be using with SL Survival .629)?

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Another question - I have your SLSLolaPatch which I used with Submissive Lola 1.1 and SL Survival .623. Is it still required for the Nov 20 patch of Submissive Lola (which I'll be using with SL Survival .629)?

That's Herowynne's patch, not mine.  Since SL Survival has been updated, you might need a new version of the patch.  I'm not sure if that's true for SE's ESL patches (I use Oldrim) but I believe it would be for LE.  The safest thing would be to follow the procedure for patching that Herowynne described to build your own patch.  The patch is only needed for SL Survival's blocking dialog.  If you're not normally in the situation where it would it apply, I don't think you'd need a patch.

 

If anyone cares to experiment, it's possible that simply raising the priority of Sub Lola's main quest vkjMQ (probably over 100) could let it win when another mod has competing blocking dialog.  I'm not using SL Survival so I can't test that.  I don't know if it's a good idea for a main quest that's always active to have such a high priority, but players are free to try it if they want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Having witnessed this wonderful mod being picked up again, I decided to add my own few modifications as a separate plugin. Since they have grown rather substantial over time, I thought I'd share them with you guys in case any of you might be interested. By no means do I wish to intrude on the efforts of the authors of this mod, instead merely hoping to add to the experiences it provides. I've taken the liberty of adding a few random events in the spirit of this mod using very similar triggers. For now, they include:

 

- City Bondage
Upon arriving to a walled city, your owner may find they have business elsewhere and will decide to temporarily stow you away in a piece of furniture placed somewhere inside the city. The animations provided are completely custom and should give you something to enjoy during the 2-3 hours that your owner will be gone. The time during which your owner is occupied can be fast-forwarded using the space key.


- Enough is Enough
Should your submission fall beneath a certain threshold, arriving at a walled city may prompt your owner to take drastic measures to teach you a lesson. Depending on your dialogue choices, the lesson learnt may be more severe and permanent. A similar event will be played if you haven't bettered your ways a week after the first lesson.


- Marked Property
Conversely, if you have a substantial amount of time remaining on your contract (more than a month) or your owner has decided to keep you forever, he or she may as well opt to have you permanently marked as his or her property. Naturally, this quest will require SlaveTats to fully function, although it is by no means a hard dependency.

 

Feel free to contact me should you run into any issues or wish draw from the assets I have provided here. As with any co-dependent plugin, things can get fuzzy and some issues are bound to arise. I'll be eagerly awaiting any feedback you guys might have.

 

Humbly yours,

Kalmah

 

demo.rar 5.31 MB · 6 downloads

So, is this SE compatible? After I loaded it FNIS went crazy listing 22 animations that aren't compatible. From the description and timing, I'm sure that they are all from this patch. Would be interested to see these in action, but need an SE version.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

That's Herowynne's patch, not mine.  Since SL Survival has been updated, you might need a new version of the patch.

I just installed the latest Sexlab Survival 0.629 (18-Nov-2020) and verified that it still needs my patch. The same patch still works.

 

For reference, here are links to my patches:

 

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Devious Followers Continued (DFC)

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Sexlab Survival (SLS)
 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Feel free to contact me should you run into any issues or wish draw from the assets I have provided here. As with any co-dependent plugin, things can get fuzzy and some issues are bound to arise. I'll be eagerly awaiting any feedback you guys might have.

 

Kalmah, I downloaded and examined your mod, but the 0kal.esp file seems to be missing necessary content. I don't see any quests or dialogue topics in there.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

I just installed the latest Sexlab Survival 0.629 (18-Nov-2020) and verified that it still needs my patch. The same patch still works.

 

For reference, here are links to my patches:

 

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Devious Followers Continued (DFC)

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Sexlab Survival (SLS)
 

Thanks Herowynne!

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

 

Kalmah, I downloaded and examined your mod, but the 0kal.esp file seems to be missing necessary content. I don't see any quests or dialogue topics in there.

 

My apologies, it seems I uploaded an empty dummy .esp instead. Included you'll find an updated archive with a fixed .esp.

 

1 hour ago, cerebus300 said:

So, is this SE compatible? After I loaded it FNIS went crazy listing 22 animations that aren't compatible. From the description and timing, I'm sure that they are all from this patch. Would be interested to see these in action, but need an SE version.

At this point, since this is more a demo plugin than an actual mod, I don't feel like having to manage multiple versions at the moment. Conversions should however be as simple as loading and saving it in the SE creation kit and running the animation files through the havok post process file (a simple google search will tell you what you need).

kalmahlolaaddon.rar

Share this post


Link to post

 

51 minutes ago, Kalmah said:

At this point, since this is more a demo plugin than an actual mod, I don't feel like having to manage multiple versions at the moment.

 

Here is my conversion of Kalmah's mod to Skyrim SE. I did some brief testing in game and got the City Bondage quest and it appears to be working.

KalmahLolaAddonSE.zip

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Upon arriving to a walled city, your owner may find they have business elsewhere and will decide to temporarily stow you away in a piece of furniture placed somewhere inside the city.

Kalmah, I noticed a conflict in Solitude between your mod and Sexlab Survival's Kennel door.

 

Your mod's City Bondage quest places the character in bondage in the same location as Sexlab Survival's Kennel door in Solitude. Picture in spoiler below.

 

Spoiler

edit.jpg.006e82c1680073580117e1ccc8e77eb0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Kalmah, I noticed a conflict in Solitude between your mod and Sexlab Survival's Kennel door.

 

Your mod's City Bondage quest places the character in bondage in the same location as Sexlab Survival's Kennel door in Solitude.

 

edit.jpg.006e82c1680073580117e1ccc8e77eb0.jpg

I'll see about remedying that in a future version. Do bear in mind, however, that this isn't a support topic for my own extension, and although I appreciate the feedback I'm sure the authors will equally appreciate it if any feedback were sent to me via more personal messaging means.

Share this post


Link to post

A few things here & there are fine, but yeah it's better to message Kalmah (since he's okay with that) with support issues.  Posting updated versions of the extension (and SE conversions) is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kalmah said:

I'll see about remedying that in a future version. Do bear in mind, however, that this isn't a support topic for my own extension, and although I appreciate the feedback I'm sure the authors will equally appreciate it if any feedback were sent to me via more personal messaging means.

WHERE is the Kennel in solitude? can't find it!:P

 

Share this post


Link to post

For the next update I'm looking at cleanup and a few fixes.

 

I'm planning to reduce the duration of the gag punishment from 24 hours down to 6.  I don't think the original intent was to be as punishing as it is today, particularly with effects that block food, drink, and potions.  Because it is so harsh, I've never added gag punishment to new dialog choices.  If it's just 6 hours, gagging can be used more freely, and players can misbehave without risking a crippling punishment.  I'll have logic so players can't simply sleep the time away though, so it won't become trivial.  If anyone has a counter argument, this is the time to speak up (I'm sure there's a gag joke in there, but it escapes me).

 

I'm also going to be reworking the lightweight non-locking devices that the mod uses.  It was a good concept to to try, but it hasn't worked well.  To do this, the mod is maintaining private copies of various Devious Devices, which aren't getting updated as DD updates.  When players update to DD5, if this mod has DD4 device copies there's the potential that things might not work as well as they should.  By using the DD framework, players who delay moving to DD5 will have DD4 devices, and players on DD5 will have the latest & greatest.  The main consequence is that the Zaz devices will be going away, though for things like the custom collar you can just drop in Zaz meshes.  Except for truly new items, like the blue and pink pony gear colors and the brown leather items, this mod will be better off not maintaining a private collection of devices.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...