Huan's Adventures LE & SE (Quest mod) (WIP)

32 minutes ago, dushannemec said:

The quest doesn't start. The sister constantly replies "No way"
Game version SE 1.5.97. Mod version 0.087
Using SSEEdit, I found the quest FormID values, but entering them through the console, the quest still doesn't start.

I uploaded a video for you.

To simulate the unable to run scene automatically issue, I have to disable the automatic trigger on my end.

I can not reproduce your issue.

3 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

I uploaded a video for you.

To simulate the unable to run scene automatically issue, I have to disable the automatic trigger on my end.

I can not reproduce your issue.

Thanks for your reply. When I go to Aeri and click on the “Wait in second!” Dialog, she answers me with the phrase “No Way”. Then nothing happens. 
I tried the following commands in the console to run the quest (FormID "hns_firstSister"):

Setstage

Getstage

Resetquest

8 hours ago, dushannemec said:

Thanks for your reply. When I go to Aeri and click on the “Wait in second!” Dialog, she answers me with the phrase “No Way”. Then nothing happens. 
I tried the following commands in the console to run the quest (FormID "hns_firstSister"):

Setstage

Getstage

Resetquest

Please check your log file. If the quest starts, there should be a line ""hns start!".

If not, then the quest failed to start for some unknown reason.

8 hours ago, dushannemec said:

Setstage

Getstage

Resetquest

I guess there could be this reason:

When a quest need to be started, all it's non-optional referenceAlias must be filled. If the quest can not find the actor, the quest failed to start.

Elrindir, Hulda, DanicaPureSpring, an XMarker( 4222B) , a door (16371) must exist. 

Maybe your mod build accidentally remove some of them?

10 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

I guess there could be this reason:

When a quest need to be started, all it's non-optional referenceAlias must be filled. If the quest can not find the actor, the quest failed to start.

Elrindir, Hulda, DanicaPureSpring, an XMarker( 4222B) , a door (16371) must exist. 

Maybe your mod build accidentally remove some of them?

The problem is solved. Thanks for the help. 

There was a conflict with mods changing Whiterun. Some mod most likely changed the location of " the Drunken Huntsman"

Good luck in your modmaking career.

Managed to get it working, but..

Well, it has a dependency on Must which has a dependency on JContainer. Unfortunately the latter causes massive FPS drops and performance issues, at least for me. To its defense - it does not CTD and doesn't cause any bugs, but it seems json marshalling strains the system too much. Getting 40-70% FPS drops out of the blue.

14 minutes ago, Operand said:

Managed to get it working, but..

Well, it has a dependency on Must which has a dependency on JContainer. Unfortunately the latter causes massive FPS drops and performance issues, at least for me. To its defense - it does not CTD and doesn't cause any bugs, but it seems json marshalling strains the system too much. Getting 40-70% FPS drops out of the blue.

that's weird, never saw any kind of performance issue with JContainer

3 hours ago, Highborn said:

that's weird, never saw any kind of performance issue with JContainer

Well, I was careful and specifically mentioned that it's causing problems for me. It is very probable that the issue is because of some mods that aren't working well together (however since JContainer doesn't even write any Papyrus scripts to a save, it's an interesting prospect).

I also checked that the issue isn't in Must since with it uninstalled and JContainer enabled I have same FPS drops which completely disappear when I remove JContainer. Obviously, it's impossible to check the setup "With Must / without JContainer" due to a dependency Must --> JContainer, but the evidence I've collected so far for myself is convincing.

On the other hand, I run 300+ mods and even slight change to the setup can cause issues - but in general my setup is CTD-free and runs with decent FPS even when around many actors. A bit of a shame that I can't play this quest though, the feedback I've read so far in this thread is a good one.

8 hours ago, Operand said:

Well, I was careful and specifically mentioned that it's causing problems for me. It is very probable that the issue is because of some mods that aren't working well together (however since JContainer doesn't even write any Papyrus scripts to a save, it's an interesting prospect).

I also checked that the issue isn't in Must since with it uninstalled and JContainer enabled I have same FPS drops which completely disappear when I remove JContainer. Obviously, it's impossible to check the setup "With Must / without JContainer" due to a dependency Must --> JContainer, but the evidence I've collected so far for myself is convincing.

On the other hand, I run 300+ mods and even slight change to the setup can cause issues - but in general my setup is CTD-free and runs with decent FPS even when around many actors. A bit of a shame that I can't play this quest though, the feedback I've read so far in this thread is a good one.

MuST is not mandatory.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, Highborn said:

When I try to use the Must mcm menu to copy my face to Aeri it doesn't quite work, as she gets a grey face and the features are not the same. The hair is copied though. I guess it might be some conflict with unique character (that I use) or the fact that I'm using an imported head mesh from an ECE face.

So, I suggest you use the doppelganger mod for Aeri that copies your exact appearance, regardless of stuff like unique character or imported heads. It's a simple .esp, so I assume it should be easy to implement:

Hi Highborn! I just looked into the mod. And I think it's possible to implement that!

The mod MuST could only copy lookings to non-standalone followers. So you are right about it.

The Doppelanger Follower uses a special trick to simply achieve that. To make it happen, I could make a plugin for Huan's Adventures.

23 minutes ago, huanrenfeng said:

Hi Highborn! I just looked into the mod. And I think it's possible to implement that!

The Mod must could only copy lookings to non-standalone followers. So you are right about it.

The Doppelanger Follower uses a special trick to simply achieve that. To make it happen, I could make a plugin for Huan's Adventures.

Nice, that would be great to have it!

On 7/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, Seb.you.make.me.angry said:

About time someone like you show up i been looking eveywher for a female follower mod with sexlab and quests

but please make an update so male characters can hav own way and some incest fun 

Hey friend, the mod is designed for female Player Character. But I like your idea incest fun idea. However, it will take much more efforts to maintain quest lines for both male and female. Would you consider some financial help?

I'm trying the new version (0.87), overwritten by 0.9 and then by 0.1 patches.

I'm getting the bug where I speak to Aeri and she only responds with 'No Way!'. Last version I tried was 0.7 and it was working normally. Her voice now is male by the way. Not sure if it's because of the twin plugin. Her appearance looks exactly like mine, so it worked at least.

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

I'm trying the new version (0.87), overwritten by 0.9 and then by 0.1 patches.

I'm getting the bug where I speak to Aeri and she only responds with 'No Way!'. Last version I tried was 0.7 and it was working normally. Her voice now is male by the way. Not sure if it's because of the twin plugin. Her appearance looks exactly like mine, so it worked at least.

First of all, the patches that advance stories won't work for SE, I mentioned it in "What's new".

Second, I thought I made the plugin to apply the right voicetype for Aeri. But I didn't test it on SE. I'll check this on SE.

Packing and testing SSE is time consuming. Please check this post: Support Huan's Patreon to Make the Mod Work in SSE!

Thanks again for trying the mod.

I pack and test SE versions with a longer interval, approximately once per a whole story. (In 0.10, the second story haven't finished yet)

last thing, it's 0.087, not 0.87, because in my mind, version 1.0 should be quite mature (by then I think at lease 10% of what I have in my mind should be implented ) for the mod. Currently it's just at the beginning.

5 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

First of all, the patches that advance stories won't work for SE, I mentioned it in "What's new".

Second, I thought I made the plugin to apply the right voicetype for Aeri. But I didn't test it on SE. I'll check this on SE.

Packing and testing SSE is time consuming. Please check this post: Support Huan's Patreon to Make the Mod Work in SSE!

Thanks again for trying the mod.

I pack and test SE versions with a longer interval, approximately once per a whole story. (In 0.10, the second story haven't finished yet)

last thing, it's 0.087, not 0.87, because in my mind, version 1.0 should be quite mature (by then I think at lease 10% of what I have in my mind should be implented ) for the mod. Currently it's just at the beginning.

I know, I'm using on LE.

The male voice thing is a small incompatibility with Unique Character it seems. If I load the mod after Unique Character, she has a female voice as intended. However both my character and Aeri gets a color mismatch with face and body (maybe because I'm using an imported head). When I load the mod before Unique Character, the mismatch is resolved but she gets a male voice. Well, it's just a minor problem so I understand it's not a priority to solve now.

So, the mod ran pretty well with version 0.07 on LE. But I can't continue the quest with version 0.087 or with later versions. She only speaks the No Way! line if I start the quest from beginning, or when I use a previous save that had 0.07, like just before talking with Severio Pelagia, she talks with him normally but she doesn't ride her horse and nothing happens when I reach the marker near the giant camp, so I can't proceed.

I saw some user saying they resolved the No Way bug because there were mods interfering with the Drunken Huntsman but my load order is the same from 0.07 and it was working fine. Even so I deleted the cell modifications made by other mods so it's vanilla, and still no luck.

It seems that there's a lot of issues. This is exactly why I'm slowing down packing for SE. If I can not make it work for LE, I won't consider packing for SE.

Although I don't have any issues on my side, it seems that it got a lot of issues. Fixing bugs for every minor version is tiring. I'd rather complete a whole story and fix issues at one time.

I'll pack 0.10 again and seperate "mesh, texture, video" into a patch. In this way I won't be uploading big files repeatly.

I'll test the mod on my Virtual Machine again. If I got it run on it (it did on 0.87), then it would run on a minimum mod build game.

Yes the voicetype is affected by load order, but after some consideration, I think there could be a solution. (I failed... )

4 hours ago, skullgirls_ said:

im jumping really close and touching the npc at bannered mare but nothing is happening.

it did said once party is starting. but nothing else. and the music on the loop is almost repeating for 10 min it makes me get confused even more.

I didn't get the issue, but it seems to bother many people. I'll think of a fix.

11 hours ago, Highborn said:

ut she doesn't ride her horse and nothing happens when I reach the marker near the giant camp, so I can't proceed.

After aeri talks to the farmer, did you see the quest mark on the farmer's head disappear?

Spoiler

?

Spoiler

if not, then you should talk to Aeri and select the relevant topic. and then after farmer's next talking, he will force greet you, only after when you could get on the horse.

But if you see the horse but Aeri won't get on the horse, then something's wrong with her Package.

4 hours ago, Highborn said:

I got the mod to advance by using setstage. However, I can't have dialogue with Aeri, she just responds 'need something?' when I activated her. So, couldn't get the dialogue to sleep with her and pass the day.

What dialogue are you talking about, which scene are you playing?

Although I don't have any issues on my side, it seems that it got a lot of issues. Fixing bugs for every minor version is tiring. I'd rather complete a whole story and fix issues at one time.

Yeah, I believe you should release bigger updates instead of small ones with patches. It should be easier to identify which version is having problem.

When I used version 0.06 + 0.07 patch, I managed to get to the end of the playable content fairly smooth. Some days later I checked and there was a version 0.087 and two patches already (0.09 and 0.10). I installed those at once, and couldn't start the quest from the start (not even with a new game) and I couldn't continue the quest by loading previous saves. 

But if you see the horse but Aeri won't get on the horse, then something's wrong with her Package.

That part worked fine with the 0.07 patch. But like, I said, with the new ones, I couldn't start the quest. So I decided to load a save I had, just before talking with Severio when I played with version 0.07 - it probably isn't a good idea because scripted quest mods usually require saves with no reminiscence of previous versions scripts - but since it wasn't working I give it a try. And she talked like normally with Severio, he then force greeted me, and the quest objective to climb the horses appearead. I managed to ride mine but Aeri stays at the floor, following me around by foot. She did said her cowboy outfit line though. Going to the marker at the giant camp does nothing to advance the quest.

Then I decided to start the quest from the start again, still no luck, as Aeri always stucks at 'No Way!' after I say 'Wait a second!. Using the setstage command, I managed to get her talk about the family name, then I spoke to her and then scene with Erindir worked normally. Problem is that I couldn't talk with her anymore when I activated her, no lines "why are you wearing those craps" and "what are you doing here" appeareing anymore, she would only say "need something?". I guess it's related to the quest not starting normally and I using setstage to force it. I managed to go to the Bannered Mare, jump, get drinks, speak to Danica, see the massage scene and all - since it didn't need to talk with her to advance, the scenes were scripted and I could talk with Danica and Saadia normally. But after I leave the temple, I couldn't speak with Aeri to sleep and pass the day, so I couldn't advance anymore.