hello and welcome to what is your nontroversy i.e a non controversy as in something only the thin skinned soft boned easily offended would think is a controversy

mine is voice acting because as life time fan of cartoons/anime/experimental animated works i feel it is a very ridiculous thing voice acting has always been about voice range 

just like with roleplay your character doesn't have to look like you at all 

anyway for the sake of argument here is a SHORT list of white\non black characters voiced by black voice actors\actresses check their voice history for more

1. the kingpin (90's spider-man) by roscoe lee browne

2.penny gadget (80's inspector gadget) by cree summer (1st season only)

3.samurai jack by phil lamarr

it's been going both ways for years🙃

Creed was christian rock band and sounded like Pearl Jam.  I'll never understand it. 

1.  If any 90s band was going on the christian rock band list; it would be Collective Soul.

2.  People who think Creed sound like Pearl Jam need hearing aids.

People whining about these masks.  Like a seat belt, if someone chooses to not use one and wind-up dead; then good riddance, better luck next time.  *shrug*

18 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Pineapple, pizza, need I say more.

Yum. 😘

l719944983.jpg

1. Many Japanese cartoons have had extremely diverse casts right from the beginning (Mobile Suit Gundam being more diverse than even the American cartoons of the time trying specifically to parade around a diverse cast for social credit)even though their being made by Japanese people for Japanese people and never really intended to leave their borders. In the case of Gunsmith Cats, there was a Black female protagonists, Rally Vincent. Young Americans seem to think that their complaints half a world away had any effect on this whatsoever. They are appropriating credit for their pre-existing diversity.

2. People still call Japanese cartoons 'Anime' when 'Anime' is just the neologism that Japanese people thought up for animation regardless of its country of origin when they realized that they didn't have a word for it (as their animation industry started in the 1960s).

When I make homemade chili sometimes I put beans in it.

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

When I make homemade chili sometimes I put beans in it.

cfcc0b76e7e7d04edc4cd400074201c6.png

After posting both the pizza and chili pics, I'm so freaking hungry.  

19 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Pineapple, pizza, need I say more.

Yum. 😘

Made me sick as a dog last time I ate some.

My nontroversy? Manga tits in Skyrim. Can't get over how many people whine about it. Two assholes kept harassing one person in a screenshot thread awhile back. Your idea of a perfect body is not shared by everyone.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:29 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

My nontroversy? Manga tits in Skyrim. Can't get over how many people whine about it. Two assholes kept harassing one person in a screenshot thread awhile back. Your idea of a perfect body is not shared by everyone.

De gustibus non est disputandum

On 6/29/2020 at 1:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

hello and welcome to what is your nontroversy i.e a non controversy as in something only the thin skinned soft boned easily offended would think is a controversy

mine is voice acting because as life time fan of cartoons/anime/experimental animated works i feel it is a very ridiculous thing voice acting has always been about voice range 

anyway for the sake of argument here is a SHORT list of white\non black characters voiced by black voice actors\actresses check their voice history for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnodEEnMvC8

(But only the comments)

Because everything is controversial (online) and I'm not sure what you meant in line #2, "voice acting has always been about voice range"

was someone turned down for a voice-acting job because of their vocal range?

I said I loved that song, in a conversation about songs (I guess),and three people looked at me aghast and said it was from a white group. 

*Then* (umpteen years later) they're saying the group (or part of it) was black.

Then they sort of started spouting meaningless rants....

I don't know how nontroversial that is.

multiquote

The non-controversial chili pic above appears to be a standard pic about chili, but

I wonder why the website I just copied it from says it's vegetarian (it's controversial suddenly)

Capture.JPG.d5c56c922ee0931543b67cb2507a031f.JPG

1761182165_vegetarianbeef.JPG.20b49cfa2037fd2ce3e6e877fe56ee83.JPG

http://allchilirecipe.blogspot.com/2014/10/chili-recipe-no-beans-chili-recipe.html

But let's face it, a forum-starter has a POV, another dissents and the dissenter is castigated and called names. 

It's not what forums were meant for, killing time by expressing a wide variety of opinions.

PS

Drain the grease from the beef first, before you add all the other ingredients, that's a POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhugRD_XngM

On 6/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

You forgot about one of the most famous situations of a black actor voicing a white character:

Spoiler

darthvader-header.jpg

Darth Vader voiced by James Earl Jones.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

4 minutes ago, gregathit said:

You forgot about one of the most famous situations of a black actor voicing a white character:

Reveal hidden contents

darthvader-header.jpg

Darth Vader voiced by James Earl Jones.

And also the Shredder from the original TMNT cartoon being voiced by James "Uncle Phil" Avery.