Feldspare

[UE4] Rise of Asmodeus

Capture.JPG.ac1b8a3f35119045b358663a608186fb.JPG

ROA is an in development role-playing game developed by me. The completed game will feature various creatures which the player can defeat or fall to, quests to undertake and a story written by a writer known as EmiliaRoseWriting. At the moment of writing this I have developed a combat system, sex framework, Enemy AI ( with Patrolling, Searching, Combat), inventory system, equipment system and more.

ROA is meant to be a fantasy based RPG game where you play as a young peasant woman. Through your actions your character may become anything from the heroin your failing country needs to a lowly slave of a band of goblins.

I'm excited to bring you all the demo here: https://subscribestar.adult/thavus

Thank you.

The controls are as follows:

W,A,S,D Movement
Mouse Look around
Tab Open inventory
Left Ctrl Use Mouse instead of look
E Interact with items and containers
V Change viewpoint
Space while moving Dodge Roll
Space while not moving Dodge Backwards
Hold Space Sprint
R Sheath and unsheathe weapon
Left Click Normal Attack (Try chaining attacks)
Shift + Left Click Power Attack (Try mixing with normal attacks)
Hold Right Click Block
Space, then Left Click Rolling attack
Space, then Shift + Left Click Power rolling attack
Hold space, then Left Click Sprinting attack
Hold space, then Shift + Left Click Jumping attack
Hold Left Alt Walk
Escape Key Open pause menu
F Kick

saw the other gifs on your twitter and i gotta say it looks pretty impressive, keep up the good work, hope to see more and eventually to see this game on Steam. The combat looks good too, though i would move the camera to the side when locked on the enemy because at the moment the main character seems to block the view. Other than that i wish you all the success. :)

On 7/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, UmbiCs said:

i would move the camera to the side when locked on the enemy because at the moment the main character seems to block the view

I was thinking the same thing. It's very easy to fix, I'll just move the 3P camera arm over a few meters or so... (Only adds the extra arm length when locked on. Just implemented it. It looks a lot better)

Thank you for the well wishes!

We reached out to Patreon about their community guidelines. We were told that our content would not be allowed on their platform due to the sexual violence contained in the game.

We’ll be doing monthly updates via Subscribe Star.

18 minutes ago, pennywise57 said:

Wow, 7GB for a demo, that sounds like a lot of content there !

Downloading, will test it tomorrow and give my feedback here

Well, most of the size comes from large resolution textures in order to make the game look nice. The options do allow you to use the smaller resolution textures in case you have a computer that can't handle them. I do suggest you try playing with the highest settings first because I was able to run it on my older computer I bought when I was in college without issues.

I'm also paying for business hosting, so the download will happen as fast as your own internet connection will allow. So if you pay for a gigabit/s internet connection, you should have it downloaded in about 7 seconds. Of course there are other limitations like hard drive write speed as well....

2 hours ago, Feldspare said:

Well, most of the size comes from large resolution textures in order to make the game look nice. The options do allow you to use the smaller resolution textures in case you have a computer that can't handle them. I do suggest you try playing with the highest settings first because I was able to run it on my older computer I bought when I was in college without issues.

I'm also paying for business hosting, so the download will happen as fast as your own internet connection will allow. So if you pay for a gigabit/s internet connection, you should have it downloaded in about 7 seconds. Of course there are other limitations like hard drive write speed as well....

Something is wrong with either file or host, cause i have very high download speed yet it seems it'll take forever to download this file. Would you consider using another method, torrent perhaps?

41 minutes ago, Seyhtan31 said:

Something is wrong with either file or host, cause i have very high download speed yet it seems it'll take forever to download this file. Would you consider using another method, torrent perhaps?

I checked my bandwidth and it does seem that quite a few other people are currently downloading the file:
image.png.9bf3bc2268678a768739b35320535641.png

The bandwidth is marked as infinite so it shouldn't be limited by that. I know every support guy will tell you this but, maybe try power cycling your router? Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm just trying to help. I'm also looking into lowering the download size, not by a lot mind you but it should be something.

4.2 UE supports 4K native and HDR without scaling so you might wanna upgrade once your materials and scripting is verified. Playing at 2K with monster shimmering is not optimal. Having to use the direct ini for control mapping and shader selection is also not optimal.

30 minutes ago, 27X said:

4.2 UE supports 4K native and HDR without scaling so you might wanna upgrade once your materials and scripting is verified. Playing at 2K with monster shimmering is not optimal. Having to use the direct ini for control mapping and shader selection is also not optimal.

I don't own a 4k monitor so I haven't been able to test the game on one. At some point I'll have to acquire one and set things up to work correctly for those who would like to play the game using 4k. Right now I'm rebuilding the supporter version which I'm hoping should shave a few GB off but I won't know until the build is complete. Once that's done I will also rebuild a smaller build for the free public build.

5 hours ago, Feldspare said:

I have a very decent cpu (I7 7700k, geforce gts 1070) so it should run smoothly. I'll tell you that in a few hours.

I downloaded it on a non ssd hard drive so it ran at something like 7mb/s, more than enough (around 13 minutes of download)

Thank you! So I was able to get the supporter build's zip file down to 4.7 GB, it's currently uploading and should be ready in a few minutes or so.... Working on getting the public demo down to that level too.

EDIT: The public build is uploading now, it's slightly smaller than the other build.

Sorry I didn't give my feedback earlier, but here it is :

- the game runs very smoothly on my CPU with all settings to ultra (there was a few seconds of lag the first time I launched it, but it quickly disappeared). And I'm not even playing on a SSD
- action/RPG, that's the kind of H-game I like. And I get the feeling that this one won't only be played as a mere H-game but as a good game experience as a whole, with the addition of sex scene.
- no controler option, I'm guessing this will be implemented later
- the lock system is a little harsh, you have to get REAL close to a Goblin to be able to lock it. Also I'd rather have the lock on the keyboard than on the mouse, but that won't be a problem in the full version where we will be able to change the mapping, I guess
- regarding sex scenes, I could only find one, don't know if there's more in the demo, but anyway I like the system of resisting the assault, and the scenes having different stages. First you're on the ground, then the Gob carresses the boob, then he's trying to enter, and then he's in. Realy good so far, animations are smooth.
- the main character is cute, I know that there'll be character customization in the complete game but I already like her as is. Goblins are cool too.
- lights are awesome too, giving a gloomy atmosphere to this cave we are in. 

- I always check if there are gameover scenes in H-game, for now I couldn't get killed, don't know if it's a bug or if the demo is supposed to be that way. Goblins would endlessly hit me, the girl would fall and get up again, and it would start over.

Overall, it seems like a very, very promising project, very ambitious too, I can't even imagine the amount of work already put in it, and the amount that remains. But if the quality remains the same as in the demo or, even better, goes up, that will certainly be the best H-game in my opinion.

Also, I'm currently rewatching/reading Goblin Slayer, and your game gives a similar vibe, without the blood of course. Well, I may say that because there are Goblins in the demo lol

21 minutes ago, pennywise57 said:

Sorry I didn't give my feedback earlier, but here it is :

- the game runs very smoothly on my CPU with all settings to ultra (there was a few seconds of lag the first time I launched it, but it quickly disappeared). And I'm not even playing on a SSD
- action/RPG, that's the kind of H-game I like. And I get the feeling that this one won't only be played as a mere H-game but as a good game experience as a whole, with the addition of sex scene.
- no controler option, I'm guessing this will be implemented later
- the lock system is a little harsh, you have to get REAL close to a Goblin to be able to lock it. Also I'd rather have the lock on the keyboard than on the mouse, but that won't be a problem in the full version where we will be able to change the mapping, I guess
- regarding sex scenes, I could only find one, don't know if there's more in the demo, but anyway I like the system of resisting the assault, and the scenes having different stages. First you're on the ground, then the Gob carresses the boob, then he's trying to enter, and then he's in. Realy good so far, animations are smooth.
- the main character is cute, I know that there'll be character customization in the complete game but I already like her as is. Goblins are cool too.
- lights are awesome too, giving a gloomy atmosphere to this cave we are in. 

- I always check if there are gameover scenes in H-game, for now I couldn't get killed, don't know if it's a bug or if the demo is supposed to be that way. Goblins would endlessly hit me, the girl would fall and get up again, and it would start over.

Overall, it seems like a very, very promising project, very ambitious too, I can't even imagine the amount of work already put in it, and the amount that remains. But if the quality remains the same as in the demo or, even better, goes up, that will certainly be the best H-game in my opinion.

Also, I'm currently rewatching/reading Goblin Slayer, and your game gives a similar vibe, without the blood of course. Well, I may say that because there are Goblins in the demo lol

Thank you,

• I will increase the range of the lock on
  • There are three sex positions right now, though they are random. I am working on doggy style
  • "the girl would fall and get up again, and it would start over."  For now, this is intended. Each goblin has a horniness level. When they have sex that goes to zero and they will no longer sex you. It's intended in the future that if all goblins in combat with you have no honiness, then you will instead be abducted.
  • I would like to do controller support in a later update
  • I am going to add blood at some point. 

There is an "End" to the cave, and a small puzzle to solve. Hint: When you load into the demo, walk the path on the left and follow the left wall until you find something interesting...?

1 hour ago, Feldspare said:

Thank you,

• I will increase the range of the lock on
  • There are three sex positions right now, though they are random. I am working on doggy style
  • "the girl would fall and get up again, and it would start over."  For now, this is intended. Each goblin has a horniness level. When they have sex that goes to zero and they will no longer sex you. It's intended in the future that if all goblins in combat with you have no honiness, then you will instead be abducted.
  • I would like to do controller support in a later update
  • I am going to add blood at some point. 

There is an "End" to the cave, and a small puzzle to solve. Hint: When you load into the demo, walk the path on the left and follow the left wall until you find something interesting...?

Yeah I knew there were a lot of things planned for the future updates, blood will be a good addition to make the game even gloomier and Dark Fantasy-esque 😁

I've only played very shortly for now but I'll give it a deeper try later, excited to see what you're talking about.
Frankly, I've never "supported" a game like this before, I mean financialy, but I'm thinking about doing it for this one