PantyAnarchy1

Is it possible of making a new body mesh for sims 3?

I personally don't have the tools to pull meshes from other games. I started looking, but only found PAY stuff. ((( Not that important to me anyway. And yes, there apparently is some interesting stuff that can be converted. I'm working on one now. Another person converted the mesh from another game to TS3 as a sim CAS outfit set. I'm converting her work to Plumbot...

Spoiler

Screenshot-26.jpg.8edae69a30a0907d8b8b52ca7c448c7e.jpg

I decided not to bother converting the UV to fit Plumbot, since it's a character, and no need to worry about interchanging parts. Stuck trying to fit him with a penis for KW. Same bone issues (pun not intended) as I had in trying to remake the KW strap on a while ago. But, just maybe finished a dress...morphs again, but think I got both meshes in sync... finally. Might even get around to finishing the one my sim is wearing in the picture.

6 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

I have - sometimes I get nowhere when trying to download though, sometimes I might find something doing random search.  I have been to that site - great hairs and some sharp outfits.  Same goes for  Japanese, Eastern Europe, anywhere really.  Each region seems to have its own style too.  There's great Talent there!

I have pulled a few apart a year or so ago. Gave me some ideas. Perhaps it's time to revisit and look again. 

Mostly I make a garment a piece at a time around a body mesh.  Rarely cannibalize another mesh unless an ornamental object like the detail  of a broach - if not pushing polycounts.

Most of the time I make everything fresh for each - Loading the Object file for an eyelet or button takes about the same amount of time as making a new one.

My pulling things apart usually happens if I see something unique or have grabbed something from the game & object free market to convert to Sims 3. Check out the architectural Rendering, 3D Staging, and 3D Movie markets.  Some of these take a lot of work... excessively detailed with internal parts or at ridiculous resolutions & scales.  Monster files sizes - until you strip out the internals and not wanted, scale down, and maybe reduce polycount. They may have monster DDS, PNG, TGA or other proprietary image files.  Many are sold so it's difficult to find a decent "free" file.

Ahhh... I like to play with 3D... 

Here's something I grabbed off TurboSquid and played with today - it was the size of a 50 story building lying on its side and had about 400K faces (relatively small). First shot in CAS - so, need tons of work before moving on to feet and head. Just playing around really.

1583941498_afSkell-Outfit2CAS.PNG.a7ba2ec33272f1cb6874a9ff5fa0750c.PNG2114051830_afSkell-Outfit2UVMapimage.PNG.ed306a23dc2239bc3d8d70ae1af3e329.PNG

Everything works, hands, fingers, all the joints... just looks sad because it's more of a concept test fresh out of the Blender. 

I had to isolate and move each finger to lay within the Sims fingers, same for all the other bones - scale and position within its EA counterpart. 

I made it as an outfit. This way the Skeleton on the "body" part of the UV map is the only body included in the garment mesh replacing what was there, and  the multiplier for lt has  only the skeleton painted. It uses standard 1024 DDS images and has one color channel - so you can color the bones.  I did not seam the Skeleton UV to unwrap to a front and back. Just the front. 

The point being is... yes, you can take other mesh objects, from other platforms, and convert to Sims 3.

The rough one above took about 2-3 hours work and I have no intention of keeping it... lol

Sorry that I didn't reply I had personal issues going on but the UV map I'm going to post but it's werid its not regular like a normal sims 3 body UV

7 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

but it's werid its not regular like a normal sims 3 body UV

That's the reason you FIRST check the UV map of what you intend to convert.

It may be that the way the UV Map is set up on the "other games" body will not work as it is, and it may be near impossible to make it work normally. Unless you are VERY good at making UV Maps.  I might have some skills - but I still have a long way to go making UV's as easily as I make a Mesh.

According to your skill level/experience, You may look at that UV Map and say, " Okay, Looks doable..." or think, "Hell.... no!" and find another way, or drop the project for awhile.

Once you get familiar on how to move the vertices around in a 3D Mesh - you'll find it much easier to take an EA body and alter it to fit the Imported body.  Then the garment that came with that Other body will fit with little to no adjustments. You will still need to remap the garment parts on the UV Map (don't mess with the EA body UV Map regardless of how much you altered the mesh... for now) - but that part is very simple. Just make sure you don't merge all the Groups into one - keep the body and garment groups separate (to work on individually) until all edits are done... then merge into one "group_base" to clean, smooth/align, Bone & Morph. Then... assembly.

Please - don't "Quote" an entire posting.

Just highlight a key sentence, phrase, or word - the "Quote" button appears and will make that quote in your current post (at the last cursor position or create a new post from it) - without reposting the entire article. The quote will have who is being quoted, and at what time/day within the topic.  If they have gotten this far reading this topic - they have already read that post - don't need to read it again in a different location. If they want to understand what the quote relates to - they can scroll back up a little - to the section the quote was taken from and read it in full context.

49 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

(don't mess with the EA body UV Map regardless of how much you altered the mesh... for now)

Because EVERYONE... who makes replacement skins, follow the original EA map, messing with the body UV is VERY limited regardless of mesh alterations. As I mentioned before, Josh Q will mirror the UV of the left arm and place it in the exact same position as the right arm, so he can use the left arm area for parts of his work's UV. This is a technique that I don't use, simply because of the tattoos on my Demon Girls being different on each arm in most cases.

But again, @PantyAnarchy1 remains obsessed with converting that game mesh to TS3 while still not understanding how TS3 meshes and UV work. I suggested posting a screenshot of the UV so we can see what is going on, but that hasn't happened. So helping is like swinging at a pinata, blindfolded... and the pinata is in another room.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Because EVERYONE... who makes replacement skins, follow the original EA map, messing with the body UV is VERY limited regardless of mesh alterations. As I mentioned before, Josh Q will mirror the UV of the left arm and place it in the exact same position as the right arm, so he can use the left arm area for parts of his work's UV. This is a technique that I don't use, simply because of the tattoos on my Demon Girls being different on each arm in most cases.

But again, @PantyAnarchy1 remains obsessed with converting that game mesh to TS3 while still not understanding how TS3 meshes and UV work. I suggested posting a screenshot of the UV so we can see what is going on, but that hasn't happened. So helping is like swinging at a pinata, blindfolded... and the pinata is in another room.

I have the body UV this how it looks 

Screenshot (331).png

48 minutes ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

You will probably never make that work in TS3. I could never make that work. Maybe Non-sequitur could? Maybe someone with experience converting meshes from whatever game it's from could? But certainly at the level you appear to be, there is honestly no way that I can see you doing it. Below is a TS3 UV map guide... It shows you where EA decided parts will go. You must fit your work into this mapping. Some minor variations can be made, but as I said, where EA said the body goes, is where every skin maker put their skin texture maps, so if your mesh does not conform to this, your girl will have crazy skin features. Example, nipples on her shins! Go back a page and look at the spoiler I posted of a UV map of a project that I am working on. The body UV is in yellow, and takes up much of the UV map. The front of the garment is in the space below the right arm, but NOT into the area for shoes! And the back of the garment is in the area for bottoms, with other detail parts.

You don't have many options, and what I say now will end your issue of neck and ankle matching, which is to start with an EA af swimsuit plunge mesh as your base. Perhaps you are better at images than I? Try drawing what you want on a layer over the UV map of swim plunge, or cut up the swim plunge to look like what you want.

From what I can see, the garment appears to be a separate mesh from the body? Even if it is, BOTH must fit on the same UV map. Again, I refer you to the spoiler of the dress. That dress is a separate mesh from the body, but as you see, must be aligned to not overlap the body UV. If you do a simple multiplier, it simply covers the body mesh map area where it will show in game. If you must, you can manipulate mesh vertices to create an exaggerated butt and hips, without changing the UV mapping. It's generally not necessary as sliders will accomplish this in TS3... something other games don't often have, and so the need for the creator to make a mesh as you want it to be in game.

There are other meshing methods, but far more complicated and time consuming, and harder to explain. 

MTS_Simlicious-1354427-UVplacementguidebybloomsbase.jpg

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Maybe Non-sequitur could?

Ouch!

Because I don't have a full understanding of how to use Blenders UV Mapping editor - I would need to take the long road.

Separate out each leg, arm from the torso and make each a separate group. Take each group into the UV editor. mark the seam to split the part into a front and back half and unwrap. Or, you need to make copies of each part and remove the unwanted part to create a front and back for each - then remap that part of the UV as a front or back, place side by side and merge each of these groups. Take each new UV Map and match it to its respective EA counterpart. 

Once the UV's for each group are done - merge the groups (not the EA parts - discard them). The UV's of each group is exactly as you set each one - all on one UV Map for the body now.  Do not forget to save the file - or all the UV work disappears.  If you change a UV Map layout - you need to reprocess the images used for assembly and redo the bones & Morphes. 

An alternative is to separate out the legs and arms and delete them - cut the arms and legs out of an EA body and adjust them to fit the torso.  You'll have an EA UV for the arms and legs.  You'd still need to get the torso to match  and this may be problematic depending on how much exposed skin there is.  Or you can override the Skin by forcing a texture/color.  Then the skins don't work for this sim. The "Skin" is painted on the multiplier and/or overlay image and can't change. 

There are all kinds of ways to "make" it work. Someone who wants to look at your work will just scratch their heads though... 

Like we have been saying - use an EA body (af Plunge Swimsuit) and modify it to mimic the import body.  Just pay attention to the neck and ankle seams. 

Become friends with your UV Editor...  I'm still arguing with mine...

The path less traveled may be interesting but has a lot of twists, turns, and potholes.  Probably why it's less traveled. 

... and not for the novice hiker.

6 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

That UV Map isn't too bad... Will take some work

It has a mirrored section and the seams were marked for only the underside before unwrapping. 

It need a complete remapping. 

1353167442_bodylayout.PNG.60c8a308213590368555b12af0ff28d0.PNG

You need to seperate the arms into a new group as the arms/hands are separate on the EA UV anyway. Work with them separately.

In this case I'd take the entire body (torso and legs) without the garment, clear the seams and remark them leaving one hip vertice unmarked. Then unwrap and/or Pack Islands - the result should be a side by side/ front-back like the EA body UV layout.  You may need to resize and position it to match the EA Body's UV. 

Repete the seam process for the arms.

I can't seem to get consistent results so it may or may not work for you. Like I said... I haven't made friends with my UV Editor.  Practice... and patients... and a lot of watching how-to videos and reading reams of posts on forums... I still need to do on this topic.

1 hour ago, Non-sequitur said:

Ouch!

What "OUCH"! ??? I',m giving you credit for at least possibly knowing how to do it! ))) Looks like you understand what that map mess is... which is more than I can say. And I know nothing about the UV editor. Never got in this deep to ever need it. Grabbing the UV (of an EA part) and moving it to an open space on the map is all I do. 

Ouch... is the amount of work it takes to completely remap a UV like that... lol

Especially when I'm still stumbling through the UV Mapping process myself.

Felt obligated to at least show how their UV was made - and, posible give a hint as to how it can be corrected.

It would take less time to alter an EA body than it would to remap that UV. Lol ... For me anyway. 

Oh... what ordeals we go through for (Sim) fashion...   lol.

However, that conversion PantyAnarchy1 is trying to do would be a good long term learning project. 

Keep making simple things, improving and learning, and revisit the project from time to time to apply new techniques. 

When they can publish that outfit - they will be at a place where they can do most anything within the Sims 3 environments with clothing. 

You and I both know it is learning the software, learning the quirks and limitations of the game in creating that is most intimidating. 

You need to just TRY something and observe the outcomes. It it blows up... start over and don't do that again until you figure out why it blew up - lol 

Practice & Patients... as a famous Modeler once stated...  The fun is in putting it together not so much putting it out there.  That's the "pat on the back" that makes the next New & Improved project happen.  You will begin to loose hair, and most bodily function control, before learning it all - I'm only about 1/2 way and am already losing my hair...  lol

Over an obsolete 32 bit game....  

Tonight is my Game night. I'll be playing another obsolete game - HALO.

So, after I get killed a few dozen times - back to Sims 3 or work on SkyRim.

Haven't got SkyRim setup right - audio wont work and no in-game menus pop up.  A "Steam" Product. Have to exit game through the Task Manager.

Right now - I'll be working on a Dark Elf Girl Statue and some "worship temple" objects all taken from TurboSquid (other game). 

Since the Eff Girl's UV was reworked (mostly) to match an EA body UV - I may look at converting that body completely to a Sim in the near future. May demo some points in this topic as well with it.  Thing is, it is exceedingly curvy and busty. It would never match up with EA top or bottom so there would be a massive jump in "endowments" when changing garments and I may not be able to get the waist seams matched so I can use it as a separate top or bottom.

I cut out the original arms (didn't have fingers) and replaced with EA arms.

1126544937_DarkElfingame2.PNG.fbfc43ce82d9f982eaf90574af013fc6.PNG

16 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

Ouch... is the amount of work it takes to completely remap a UV like that... lol

Especially when I'm still stumbling through the UV Mapping process myself.

Felt obligated to at least show how their UV was made - and, posible give a hint as to how it can be corrected.

It would take less time to alter an EA body than it would to remap that UV. Lol ... For me anyway. 

Oh... what ordeals we go through for (Sim) fashion...   lol.

However, that conversion PantyAnarchy1 is trying to do would be a good long term learning project. 

Keep making simple things, improving and learning, and revisit the project from time to time to apply new techniques. 

When they can publish that outfit - they will be at a place where they can do most anything within the Sims 3 environments with clothing. 

You and I both know it is learning the software, learning the quirks and limitations of the game in creating that is most intimidating. 

You need to just TRY something and observe the outcomes. It it blows up... start over and don't do that again until you figure out why it blew up - lol 

Practice & Patients... as a famous Modeler once stated...  The fun is in putting it together not so much putting it out there.  That's the "pat on the back" that makes the next New & Improved project happen.  You will begin to loose hair, and most bodily function control, before learning it all - I'm only about 1/2 way and am already losing my hair...  lol

Over an obsolete 32 bit game....  

Tonight is my Game night. I'll be playing another obsolete game - HALO.

So, after I get killed a few dozen times - back to Sims 3 or work on SkyRim.

Haven't got SkyRim setup right - audio wont work and no in-game menus pop up.  A "Steam" Product. Have to exit game through the Task Manager.

Right now - I'll be working on a Dark Elf Girl Statue and some "worship temple" objects all taken from TurboSquid (other game). 

Since the Eff Girl's UV was reworked (mostly) to match an EA body UV - I may look at converting that body completely to a Sim in the near future. May demo some points in this topic as well with it.  Thing is, it is exceedingly curvy and busty. It would never match up with EA top or bottom so there would be a massive jump in "endowments" when changing garments and I may not be able to get the waist seams matched so I can use it as a separate top or bottom.

I cut out the original arms (didn't have fingers) and replaced with EA arms.

1126544937_DarkElfingame2.PNG.fbfc43ce82d9f982eaf90574af013fc6.PNG

I'm using Blender 2.80 but I don't know how to scale the legs I'm trying to make the legs go into the feet I looked up tutorials and none are on MTS or tumblr.

6 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

I'm using Blender 2.80 but I don't know how to scale the legs I'm trying to make the legs go into the feet I looked up tutorials and none are on MTS or tumblr.

Well, as both Non-sequitur and I have both said, you need to start with something easier, and as I said, it appears you have this conversion stuck in your head, and there's no getting it out. I use 2.8. I have never done what you want to do, never will, and so won't be trying to figure this out. Non-sequitur does not use 2.8, and as I understand, is just beginning to experiment with it.

Maybe there is a reason there are no tutorials explaining how to do what you want? I showed you how to match the meshes, but you didn't listen. Non-sequitur told you the mess you have trying to match the UV, but, that didn't sink in either.

When you decide to back up and start at the beginning, and start working with TS3 parts to build your skills, I'll stop back to help. You have ambition, which is good... but you lack the ability to admit you are in over your head and need to learn basics. Again referring to an earlier image you posted showing so few bones in your mesh. Have you learned how to bone and morph a mesh yet? Because you can make a perfect looking mesh in Blender, and it will still look like a Picasso in TSRW and in game is you don't know how to do bones.

10 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

I don't know how to scale

Select the vertices  using right click (Shift Right click to add vertices) or select the section or group the mouse pointer is hovering over using the "L" key. Or, draw a box around the vertices you want using the "B" key (only selects vertices from the view side - do same to highlight all vertices wanted).  To scale those selected vertices us the "S" key (scale in all dimensions at same time), "S" key and X, Z, or Y keys to restrict the scaling in that dimension.

Look up the "Shortcut" keys for the Blender you use - they are pretty much the same between versions.

You will find it is sometimes easier to move a single vertices - than scale a group, a few vertices wont line up so they will need to be moved individually to match the target vertices. Once the ankle and neck seams are matched You don't need the feet and head anymore in that mesh - they were only used as targets to line up the body seams. You don't need to mess with the Waist seam since this is a full body outfit.  If planning on using that body to make a top or bottom garment - you need to match the seams at waist as well.

Again, PantyAnarchy1... You're trying to build a formula 1 racing engine when you are having difficulty understanding how to change a tire.

Although your project looks simple, at face value - it's probably one of the most difficult to attempt.  You need to visualize your object in 3D space and move vertices just to get the mesh right - then a total remap of the UV so the paint job looks right.

If you cant match up the neck and ankle seams with its EA counterpart by moving vertices around - we cannot continue - waste of time.

You need to show you can do something basic like matching those seams, or start over with an EA body.

In ANY case - you MUST know how to manipulate those vertices or any progress is imposable.

AGAIN - Do not QUOTE an ENTIRE posting!!!! 

You see how much I Quoted you at the start of this post?

As you can see, when you ask a question and get an answer, maybe you should consider the answer you were given? Just for giggles, I sat down and spent only a couple of hours making that basic outfit... Granted, having already made similar outfits, I already had the small parts, like the collar, tie and bunny tail. The main body is is based on.... wait for it.... wait for it... Oooooo.... here it comes.... AN EA SWIMSUIT PLUNGE MESH!!! You know, the one both Non-sequitur and I both said you should start with?

Capture.PNG.793b41c97d99ae404a91ee54a8884660.PNG

You may be able to put more pussies on the Mesh - but to color them you're stuck with the SKIN selected in-game.

In order for your "pussies" to color correctly - you need to make a custom skin to match. 

Or you could force a Skin override by "painting" them onto the Multiplier & Overlay (area must be exposed skin)- however, if any mesh is over the skin area you want to address - the image of the pussy will be on the material - not the skin - and those little additions won't change color with the skin color.  That's why you need to make a skin to match. You select the color range for skin tone and it paints all the body mesh.  Making Skins is another ball game - but fairly straight forward. It also allows you to create a number of overlays - usually used for scars, burns, bruises, stitches, multiple nipples, full body tattoos, etc. 

Another suggestion - stay away from body alterations that are "mutations".

Like 3-breasts, 6-breasts, more than the usual number of anything. You are dealing with the Skin - so make a skin to match your creation - or make something interchangeable with other skins.  A deeper butt crack, wider hips, different shaped/bigger breasts, narrower waist, bigger muscles and definition.  Other than that - keep the normal position of the crotch and breasts/nipples.

Think of how the skin image is layed out. It is a front and back. If it is at a specific place on the skin image - that part of your mesh had better be there as well - or it won't paint correctly.  If your meshes nipples aren't exactly at the Skins nipples - the nipples will show at a different location than your meshes nipples - they won't match.  Then there is the animation sequences to consider. They are based on the internal rigging. If you have your breasts wider or higher or lower - breast animation sequences will be out of position. Their partner will rub the chest center rather than the boob. 

The best practice is to keep the body dimensions as close as possible to the EA original and use body sliders to augment it. 

If your doing a "one-off" with a unique cartoon figure - stick to a full body, never mess with any of the last 2 rows of vertices around any seam (except waist if full body garment), don't add body parts unless willing to make a skin too.  There is a way to add the appearance of your extra pussies but it is very touchy as you must use shading techniques with very low opacity to literally paint the shadows as a skin override on the multiplier. Again, if any mesh is covering that area of skin (on UV) - it won't work either.

Remember, Getting the body to look (and work) correctly is one thing - putting clothes on that body is quite another.

If you plan on doing something like that Playboy Bunny Outfit - start with making the wrist cuffs by using another bodies forearm - cut away what you don't want and scale what's left or use the shrinkwrap function. Add a little thickness using Solidify and readjust, align UV, add it on the multiplier, and see what it looks like when assembled with the rest.

First question I have for you is, do you know how to type the word "vagina"? You might want to learn.

13 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

something simple

This is your problem. There is NOTHING "simple" about altering a mesh and getting it to actually work in game. You think there is a secret  "easy button", and all you need is for someone to tell you which one to click and everything will just work, like magic. 

The second you add vertices to a mesh, you alter it's bone weight. One or two vertices you mat get away with, but the parts you pasted on to make your sex doll, won't work unless YOU do some work... which you don't seem willing to do. You want instant gratification. You can't just take even a part from a foreign mesh, place it in proximity to an EA mesh and expect the game to recognize it as being what you intend, and then for the game to just make what you want happen. Did you merge the new part to the EA mesh? I already know the answer is no. Because you don't know how. You don't know how to add bones and morphs in Meshing Tool Kit either, do you? You don't understand UV mapping, do you?

You want to do things that require basic (and in many respects, intermediate to advanced) understanding of multiple meshing tools... and you don't have that basic knowledge... and are not willing to go about the tedious work of learning.

Spoiler

2.PNG.9535d6bd04b9a8cac0f22c16f5d4f887.PNG

Learn to work with an EA mesh, not paste foreign crap to it and think it will magically work as you want.

3.PNG.9aebcc92c84d1c908163b5a32f7e23e3.PNG

Buy a clue that ALL skins follow the basic EA UV map, and you must work within that map too, or start learning how to also make custom skins for your dreams.

1.PNG.f58bfda2a3ee70c938591f72f6917b38.PNG