Sims 3: Jaw Slider issues ?

Sighs...it's always something with this damn game. Anyways, I have a sliders folder for body and face.

Yes, what's needed for the sliders to work properly are installed.

Master Controller + Master Controller Integration.

Now, the jaw sliders(along with a few other sliders, can't name them all at the moment) refuse to work. Regardless of gender and age.

Any ideas on what to do? Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, SimmieKat said:

This is what I have it set to...

Set your sliders to 120 or 150 and try again..... Who use up to 4000 Sliders ? Do not know if even the game accept such high number and the "," at this point.

And I recommend to merge all slider files you use with S3PE. This would eliminate eventually doubled slider files.

For me it helped and had no issues anymore since I use my merged slider file.

9 hours ago, Clydie said:

Do not know if even the game accept such high number and the "," at this point

I tested it myself and the "," is created by EA (I set my 400 to 4000), but like mentioned - not sure if 4000 'will' cause issues. I use 400 myself and this is enough for all of mine, and I have many including some crazy amount of eyelash sliders I never use. I would suggest moving the slider mods from their own folder back to the main package folder. Merging them is never a bad idea, but ALWAYS keep an archive or back-up.

Spoiler

Sliders.png.a668be4c0b2f1c192a892403441bcf5d.png

Also, never underestimate the power of old CC to clash with other functions. Checking the date of CC within the compressed folder, or the date on the upload page if 'original' will help determine what patch level it was created for if there is no other information included in the description. I have a mod I had to quit using (Mummy's walk normal) because it was created before seasons released, and not patched/updated to work with that EP (It caused Sims to walk around skating rinks) so this is why I mention possible conflicts. Sometimes you just have to troubleshoot stuff because no one has a working crystal ball.

I always learn something new from you !

Do not remember that I have seen this message "Max Sliders in CAS = 4,000" before.

In my very early sims 3 times I had some trouble with sliders, because some creators already did a merge of their sliders pack.

So I had some (many) of them twice installed. Then I easily did a merge of all sliders I had and looked at the package before save them.

I saw many files deleted in the pre-save package. I assume S3PE filtered all doubles out. Use this merged file since then and had no further issues.

Therein are around 120 sliders only. Far enough for me.

CC I do not use much. Basic must haves only, like Nrass MC, Overwatch and Relativity.

The game itself and KW create trouble enough for me. At the moment I experiment a little with

Nrass Story Progression, Woohooer and KamaSimtra as additional mods along with KW. Work fine so far on small worlds with less population.

41 minutes ago, Clydie said:

CC I do not use much. Basic must haves only, like Nrass MC, Overwatch and Relativity

I can't take credit for others work - sometimes a setting won't work, but depending on the function, may take a while to manifest.

An interesting one was using negatives for effect. Example: when starting a new world, I set the traffic delta to -500. This almost immediately removes the taxi traffic from any world so there is no object build up that would only be cleaned by Overwatch at the default 3AM. Sims can still use taxi's, but they soon disappear after use. Of course EA uses negatives for other things like relationships and gender preferences, so the concept was always there. It just took someone to test it on other functions to create other tuning options.

BTW - that max slider 4,000 notification was from me changing it to 4000 before returning to the 400 I use. It's not a hard cap. I guess someone could set the value to 9,999,999 or what ever the cap is for money as that might be a realistic value cap for anything Sims 3 related. Money would just be the easiest to reach that value is why it's been previously referenced.