Sign in to follow this  
yuhbruhplease

I'm new to modding and I keep crashing. I do not know what I'm doing wrong and I haven't been able to play the game for over a week now.

https://modwat.ch/u/Dedicated/plugins

I posted a few days ago about crashing constantly and I was told to change the priority of my mods in mod organizer so that the proper mods are overriding each other. I have spent a few days trying to adjust the mods so that they are properly organized but I'm not sure if I did it right. The farthest I can get is choosing a character and choosing how I want to start the game. Once I sleep in the bed, the game loads for a second then crashes. I do not have any problems with loot or fnis. I also cap my monitor to 60hz when running the game to avoid the water bug. It's been over a week now and I can't play the game at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that this is a graphics issue. I run the game on ultra settings with a 2700x, a 5700xt and 16gb ram.

Papyrus.0.log SexLabDebug.0.log

Start over.

Find an install guide and follow it.

Benchmark and test after a few mods are added, make sure things work as expected.  If so, add a few more, continue until you run into problems, and then you know where those problems are coming from instead of rummaging through a dumpster fire like you are now.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, yuhbruhplease said:

https://modwat.ch/u/Dedicated/plugins

I posted a few days ago about crashing constantly and I was told to change the priority of my mods in mod organizer so that the proper mods are overriding each other. I have spent a few days trying to adjust the mods so that they are properly organized but I'm not sure if I did it right. The farthest I can get is choosing a character and choosing how I want to start the game. Once I sleep in the bed, the game loads for a second then crashes. I do not have any problems with loot or fnis. I also cap my monitor to 60hz when running the game to avoid the water bug. It's been over a week now and I can't play the game at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that this is a graphics issue. I run the game on ultra settings with a 2700x, a 5700xt and 16gb ram.

Papyrus.0.log 461.04 kB · 2 downloads SexLabDebug.0.log 8.05 kB · 2 downloads

Are you on LE or SE?

If you are on LE follow this guide:

As always with modding, do not rush it, and do not install 20+ mods in one go. Install a few, test it out and make sure it is stable, before moving on to the next batch of mods.

If something goes wrong, it is much easier to single out the problematic mod from a pool of 5 mods over a pool of 20.

As for the prioritization of mods, using LOOT is a great place to start, and if you have been running the same save file for sometime while adding and removing mods, consider cleaning your save using ReSaver from Fallrim Tools.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:27 AM, yuhbruhplease said:

have spent a few days trying

that's nothing

On 5/27/2020 at 3:27 AM, yuhbruhplease said:

It's been over a week now and I can't play the game at all.

You need a concept or you can play the CTD game forever.

As jasondawn said already: don't throw to many unknown mods into one LO right away, because troubleshooting gets impossible fast.

I remember I did all this too. Throwing all mods I could find on LL and Nexus into one LO and hoped for the best with predictable results.

After weeks of fail I started reading guides and found out that the best approach is to get a stable base setup first.

Sadly this starts outside the game already, by installing Skyrim, Mod Manager and stability fixes right.

Only with a stable base setup it makes sense to try and find incompatibilities, broken mods, missing patches and the right LO sequence for your LO.

Main reason: the less sources of errors your setup/windows has the easier it is to troubleshot the LO. Optimal: only added mods can negatively effect your game.

In my blog you find the absolute basics for stability fixes to prepare Skyrim to be modded to hell and the basic LL mods to prepare your setup for any Sexlab/devious mod on LL.