Trykz

Droids of the Commonwealth and Patch Plugin

4 hours ago, Trykz said:

Just a note to give you all a heads up.....

stuff

I like the Fusion Core idea a lot!

My two cents:

Instead of changing the firmware rate at a level:

-Buff: You could make that with consecutive firmware updates, that the Fusion core drains slower. (buff the max Fusion core charge, should be easier than changing all the values that drain. ) Essentially, firmware updates makes things run more efficiently right? So, with more firmware updates you can run more subroutines concurrently. (Get a buff with every update, all the Buffs, stacks) You still have to manage you subroutines - they are privileges to use, BUT, the higher your version you can use greater variety.

-Debuff: Make it so that, every so many depleted Fusion cores, you HAVE to run a firmware update (even if your firewall is still fine). If you don't, less Fusion Core charge.

-Debuff: When you Rad count is high, this could equate to higher running temperatures, in turn giving increased Power usage draining the Fusion core faster.

-Maybe do a version counter on the body somewhere...(1.0...1.1...1.2...) could help with level/version tracking. Every update could hook into the overlays system and pop on a new overlay.

-If you go the version route, every full interval (1.0...2.0...3.0...) you could add a buff to your Subroutines too eg: +1 to strength etc.

- Every time you go for a firmware update, you must go for hardware maintenance ( you could use a power armor bay for a prop)

You cannot go to the doctor anymore.

If you do - timed health buff , cure all rads, cure all addictions.

If you don't - higher rad susceptibility (more rad damage)

I mean you have been getting wear and tear from your various activities in the commonwealth!

Keep up the good work, I LOVE this mod!

5 hours ago, Badalice said:

I know your focus has been on TWB and Fusion Girl conversion, but would you happen to be aware of any way to get the gynoid body to morph properly for CBBE? I tried make a fix for personal use but I was getting a weird effect with the mesh in Outfit Studio.

No sweat if you haven't and/or aren't concerned with it, the mod is fantastic regardless and I'm liking the work your doing with it.

Yeah. I think I'm just going to make a new CBBE version of the body. I modified the current body like two years ago when I started the original version of Droids. So there's probably been like 13,253 different CBBE versions since then 😝

I have a family outing to attend today. When i get back home I'll sort the body and add it to the downloads later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Trykz

Okay, lets start here:

20200523134603_1.jpg

This above is my test character's total

firewall firmware protection level...

Moments later:

20200523134707_1.jpg

This is my test character's NEW firewall

total firmware protection level

How?

From this:

20200523005601_1.jpg

Her freshly inserted Fusion Core

(which I'll be scaling down a bit)

Yep. A 100.00 firewall firmware boost in one

single step.

Pretty sweet, right?

Well, not so fast there, Cupcake.

It comes with it's own set of issues

for you to contend with.

First, those neat little portable updates

you're so used to using? Gone once you

reach level 25. The Mainframe locks you

out of them completely. The terminal

entry just..... goes away.

In it's place, a NEW entry appears on the Mainframe's

main menu screen, with a new subroutine to insert

a fresh fusion core. IF you have one in your inventory.

And ONLY ONE. If you're carrying more than one,

the subroutine WILL NOT RUN. Fusion cores are heavy, ya know?

So for the sake of *efficiency*, the Mainframe restricts to

the one you have inserted, and one more in your inventory.

But that's not all.

The Mainframe LOCKS the core in until your

total firmware level is 10.00 or below, and WILL NOT

allow you to remove it until that point.

With that, I'll leave it there for now before I'm late

for the family picnic.....

More later.

Trykz

Wohoa nice news! The fuisoncore idea sounds really neat and especially that you cannot remove that thing until it's almost empty. My idea for the F-core would be an animation for inserting and taking out ( or maybe shooting out?) that thing but i honestly don't know if that is even possible because its right on your back. And secondly is that there is a need for custom animations and that alone is a lot of work to create and implement... maybe that can give you some ideas whats possible^^

And glad to hear about the CBBE body, i'm kinda stuck to it in Fo4 and Skyrim yay!

Edit: Forgot to mention good idea about still be able to have more than 2 F-cores carrying around. I remember that vault 81 has a speech-challenge that can fail and if you don't have 3 cores, you'll be locked out and that would create some missing content from the base game^^

2 hours ago, rarirasur said:

Edit: Forgot to mention good idea about still be able to have more than 2 F-cores carrying around. I remember that vault 81 has a speech-challenge that can fail and if you don't have 3 cores, you'll be locked out and that would create some missing content from the base game^^

You can *carry* as many as you like. What you can't do, is insert a fresh core until you dump off all but one from your inventory, because the Mainframe will deny the removal request. Also, the subsystem dock MUST be installed to even see the terminal entries for the fusion core functions. Once the Mainframe inserts the core, the core insertion entry on the Mainframe is replaced with the removal subroutine, which will deny removal requests until the firewall's firmware depletes to 10% or less.

I'm about to start work on the new CBBE body. The body will be whatever body is in Caliente's mod on Nexus. I'll post the completed files as soon as I finish them.

Oh, before I forget, did I mention that the firmware chair in the lab won't work for your level 25+ character anymore either? Oops..... 😈

You might wanna start scoping out core locations now 😝

No more training wheels soldier. Your very existence depends on maintaining that core, which bolsters your firewall's firmware, which safeguard's the government's most coveted military secrets. And they DON'T fuck around.

Trykz

New CBBE body up, as well as the headrear fix for those who play characters with short hairstyles. This is the very latest physics body from Caliente's mod on Nexus. The package includes the BodySlide files ONLY. So be sure to run BodySlide before running the game. Just run BodySlide, and it will install the body to the proper location for you.

More on the next update a bit later.

Trykz

Just checked out the CBBE body upload and it works like a charm.  Thanks for making it.

There are a couple of things that leave me scratching my head with what I've seen for upcoming updates.  Considering that there is free storage right next to the mainframe what is the actual point in limiting inserting a new fusion core to having only 1 or 2 in inventory when you can just walk a few feet and grab the others?  It just doesn't seem to serve any real purpose other than adding a fairly trivial extra step, especially if people are playing on survival where cores weigh 4 carry weight already.

As far as a quality of life matter is there any way that the different workstations can be linked together so that all of the stored gear is available for use without constantly having to cart all of your scrap from station to station like how settlements are set up?  It's not a huge matter but it would be nice to be able to save that extra few minutes here and there. 

It might be cool if we could treat the place like our own little lair and be able to customize it even if the only way to do so is with a workshop addition.  I'm thinking an optional file with most of the non unique furniture and items removed such as beds, workstations, etc allowing players to make their own secret hide away from the world.

Just a couple of thoughts.  Generally speaking I really like where the mod is going ATM and look forward to what future updates hold.

29 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

Just checked out the CBBE body upload and it works like a charm.  Thanks for making it.

You're quite welcome. Apologies for the one included with the mod not working properly. It never occurred to me how old it was, and that far newer versions were likely being used by most people.

There are a couple of things that leave me scratching my head with what I've seen for upcoming updates.  Considering that there is free storage right next to the mainframe what is the actual point in limiting inserting a new fusion core to having only 1 or 2 in inventory when you can just walk a few feet and grab the others?  It just doesn't seem to serve any real purpose other than adding a fairly trivial extra step, especially if people are playing on survival where cores weigh 4 carry weight already.

You can *carry* as many as you like. But when the time comes to swap in a new core, if you're carrying more than one (currently this is set to one, I'm looking into bumping it up to three), the Mainframe will not allow you to remove the old core to insert a new one. I'm also working on a new *penalty* for carrying more than 3 spares. Likely an extreme carryweight reduction penalty. So unless you enjoy walking everywhere, carrying less than 4 spares is advisable 😉

As far as a quality of life matter is there any way that the different workstations can be linked together so that all of the stored gear is available for use without constantly having to cart all of your scrap from station to station like how settlements are set up?  It's not a huge matter but it would be nice to be able to save that extra few minutes here and there. 

I didn't set up a workshop because the mod is built under the assumption that the player (most anyway) is an established human character, already geared up and arriving at the theater from Sanctuary. It's not a home. It's primary purpose is to transform the player, and then to serve as a place for the player to perform a few simple tasks. At lower level, to cap off the firmware in the chair, or save their game progress in the Mainframe upload chair. It's more for atmosphere than anything. I'm in the concept phase of a sizable future expansion for this, which will include much of what the theater utilizes, but won't be accessible until level 40+. There will be a LOT of tie-ins to much of what the terminal explains has happened to you. Not in quest form, mind you. I take great strides to NOT use quests, so I can keep what little scripting I use light and fast. Bogging the mod down with a hundred little quests just to perform a few menial tasks.

It might be cool if we could treat the place like our own little lair and be able to customize it even if the only way to do so is with a workshop addition.  I'm thinking an optional file with most of the non unique furniture and items removed such as beds, workstations, etc allowing players to make their own secret hide away from the world.

See above:

Just a couple of thoughts.  Generally speaking I really like where the mod is going ATM and look forward to what future updates hold.

I like your thinking. And I appreciate the ideas. Many of which I'll likely implement at some point. But for now, I want players to get used to the race and all of it's many aspects first.

Trykz

Good day, I want to leave all conflicts in the past and want to reinstall this mod ... But I have a few questions in terms of compatibility ...
Comdat Strip Lite uses Steampak to repair damaged armor. Will this function work with this mod?
I do not play survival, but instead I use RSEII and FO4 Nude Basics. And I have a question. What mechanism of wearing a fusion core is implemented in mod? If your mod pretends to wear power armor, then conflicts may arise with FO4 Nude Basics, since this mod restricts the wearing of power armor.
What is the mechanism of consumption of the fusion core in the game? Will the mod work if in my game the fusion cores (without your mod) inserted into the power armor are never depleted?
P.S. My character is the Human race of 175 lvl, in the inventory of 227 steampaks, 178 repair kits for robots and ~ 630 fusion cores (use as grenades).

P.P.S. Do I need to redownload the main mod? has it been changed? or stayed old?

5 hours ago, stas2503 said:

Good day, I want to leave all conflicts in the past and want to reinstall this mod ... But I have a few questions in terms of compatibility ...
Comdat Strip Lite uses Steampak to repair damaged armor. Will this function work with this mod?
I do not play survival, but instead I use RSEII and FO4 Nude Basics. And I have a question. What mechanism of wearing a fusion core is implemented in mod? If your mod pretends to wear power armor, then conflicts may arise with FO4 Nude Basics, since this mod restricts the wearing of power armor.
What is the mechanism of consumption of the fusion core in the game? Will the mod work if in my game the fusion cores (without your mod) inserted into the power armor are never depleted?
P.S. My character is the Human race of 175 lvl, in the inventory of 227 steampaks, 178 repair kits for robots and ~ 630 fusion cores (use as grenades).

P.P.S. Do I need to redownload the main mod? has it been changed? or stayed old?

I don't use combat strip, so I can't say for sure. I block stimpaks by counteracting their vanilla keyword in a separate effect. So depending on how combat strip utilizes them for armor repair, they may or may not work. However, *theoretically*, you could use the patch plugin to add a new custom keyword to stimpaks in my mod, and then switch to it from the vanilla keyword in the effect my mod uses to block them. I would say just try it. If your armor isn't repaired by the stimpaks you use, then go that route. The only downside is that you'll have to make that change every time I update the plugin. Though you could create a *bridge* patch between combat strip and the patch plugin that does the same thing, which would be a more permanent solution. That said, I think I'm coming up on what should be the final patch plugin. The mod seems to be functioning as I'd originally intended. When I'm reasonably certain the kinks are all worked out, I'll flag the final version of the patch plugin esp as an esl so i can utilize it's functions without any issues in future content.

I use RSEII without any known issues myself. But be wary. Kidnappings may cause issues for you. If your firmware depletes entirely during the kidnapping, you're going to have a *bad end* whether you want it or not. As for Nude basics, I don't use that, but it shouldn't conflict since my mod equips a custom armor part for the fusion core, then uses a script fragment function to scan the inventory and remove a single fusion core. It WILL likely cause issues with whatever turns your cores into grenades though, since it limits you to carrying only three in your inventory, and inflicts a penalty for carrying more.

The base mod will never change. I set things up this way so I could make any necessary changes through the patch plugin, without making everyone re-download the whole mod every time I update. So you only need the update itself. The default body in the main file is the original CBBE body I uploaded it with, which some folks seemed to have issues with. The new CBBE body in the separate download is the very latest version. So if you're using CBBE, you should grab that as well.

If you need a hand working out the details of a patch for Combat Strip, PM me and I'll help in any way I can.

Trykz

Can anyone tell a bit more abou the "Welcome" bug?

Did repaired all files with steam

Did clean all masters with FO4edit

Did reinstall latest F4SE

Did reinstall all mods (NMM)

Did sort with loot

Did install of droids + cbbe body

Did install the patch with NMM, give 20 overwrites in total

Build the body in bodyslide

Terminal: Welcome...

Did a new human char, started up at Bolyston at level 5

Terminal: Welcome...

Are there any clues, what prevent the terminal to show the full message?

8 minutes ago, Zethaneff said:

Are there any clues, what prevent the terminal to show the full message?

If you're updating, install the update MANUALLY. DO NOT

use a mod manager. Why? Because I suspect that users who

had issues that were unresolved by previous patches *may*

be attributable to mod managers not overwriting the files I

have changed.

Start there. If that doesn't resolve it, then I suspect it's another mod causing a conflict with the terminals. So look into those if you have any. Also, if you're also running my A.S.I.A. mod, put Droids ABOVE it in your load order.

Trykz

@Trykz Ok I can handle the creation of the CSL patch myself when you release the final version of your patch.
Fusion Core as grenades allows you use game itself with the Nuclear Physicist level 3 perk. The perk is available from level 26 with INT 9.

58 minutes ago, Trykz said:

As for Nude basics, I don't use that, but it shouldn't conflict since my mod equips a custom armor part for the fusion core, then uses a script fragment function to scan the inventory and remove a single fusion core. 

Trykz

I have run Nude Basics with this mod and there is one potential problem point.  Nude basics contains a mechanic by which clothing/armor can be destroyed from taking damage.  The sub system dock I had was destroyed during a brush with some ghouls.  That feature does not discriminate what kind of equipment is destroyed, everything can be wiped out randomly.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't for how firmware works with fusion cores and the fact that all armor pieces can be destroyed.  Fortunately that particular feature can be turned off.

1 hour ago, stas2503 said:

@Trykz Ok I can handle the creation of the CSL patch myself when you release the final version of your patch.
Fusion Core as grenades allows you use game itself with the Nuclear Physicist level 3 perk. The perk is available from level 26 with INT 9.

Cool.

I'll look into other options to avoid the potential for vanilla perk issues. Thanks for the heads up.

40 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

I have run Nude Basics with this mod and there is one potential problem point.  Nude basics contains a mechanic by which clothing/armor can be destroyed from taking damage.  The sub system dock I had was destroyed during a brush with some ghouls.  That feature does not discriminate what kind of equipment is destroyed, everything can be wiped out randomly.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't for how firmware works with fusion cores and the fact that all armor pieces can be destroyed.  Fortunately that particular feature can be turned off.

I don't use that mod, so I'm not sure how to manage a built-in workaround. But thanks for detailing how you got around it for others.

------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished re-working the fusion core. I re-scaled it so it's less visually distracting, and adjusted it's position slightly. It tends to deform a bit in extreme positions, so I'm also looking into relocating it entirely. Suggestions for positioning are welcome. Just below one of the armpits maybe?

Trykz

I really don't know that there is a good place where you'll be able to avoid distortion without sticking it someplace really weird.  Some animations will probably still cause issues even in the armpit.  The main problem is that you have what should be a rigid object that is going to conform to a non rigid surface.  About the only place I could think of where you may be able to avoid this issue is right in the butt in the same fashion as Plugs of the Commonwealth.  That could certainly make certain AAF animations look really weird though.

@Trykz I don't know if anyone has already asked this but will you be making an Atomic Beauty version for this body?

Also I love that you have returned to this mod, very excited to see how you progress it even further :)

4 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

I really don't know that there is a good place where you'll be able to avoid distortion without sticking it someplace really weird.  Some animations will probably still cause issues even in the armpit.  The main problem is that you have what should be a rigid object that is going to conform to a non rigid surface.  About the only place I could think of where you may be able to avoid this issue is right in the butt in the same fashion as Plugs of the Commonwealth.  That could certainly make certain AAF animations look really weird though.

I think I got it sorted. I moved it up and to the left of the subsystem dock (spine) in the open skin area. I also changed a few things about the way it conforms, and it seems to retain it's shape really well:

20200524102129_1.jpg

even while sneaking:

20200524102545_1.jpg

I reduced it's size by about 50% as well, so it's not so distracting anymore when in third-person view.

2 minutes ago, Flamingoracle780 said:

@Trykz I don't know if anyone has already asked this but will you be making an Atomic Beauty version for this body?

Also I love that you have returned to this mod, very excited to see how you progress it even further :)

If it's a CBBE compatible body (which I already know it is), then I can convert the body itself in a matter of minutes. What takes a bit longer is conforming the subsystem dock to the new shape, embedding it into the body at just the right depth, and then fine tuning it's position. I'll also have to reposition the new Fusion Core mesh to fit. All relatively easy to do, but it would distract from the task I'm currently working on.

Give me a day or so to finish this next update (which I hope will be the last barring any unforeseen issues) and I'll sort an AB body and parts for AB users.

Trykz

11 minutes ago, Trykz said:

If it's a CBBE compatible body (which I already know it is), then I can convert the body itself in a matter of minutes. What takes a bit longer is conforming the subsystem dock to the new shape, embedding it into the body at just the right depth, and then fine tuning it's position. I'll also have to reposition the new Fusion Core mesh to fit. All relatively easy to do, but it would distract from the task I'm currently working on.

Give me a day or so to finish this next update (which I hope will be the last barring any unforeseen issues) and I'll sort an AB body and parts for AB users.

Trykz

Awesome, thanks! Also take all the time you need :)

So, I don't know if this is just me sucking at things... I installed the Active Effects HUD, and when I consume items, I see the timer widgets pop up and count down, so I know it does work... but I select the Actor Value for DroidFirewall and the widget won't pop up, full-time or during firmware attacks. I have the mod set to have widgets visible at all times, crosshairs are enabled... anyone know if I'm missing something really obvious here? I'd rather not have to stare at my Pip-Pad every time a firmware attack happens.

Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, whillwynn said:

So, I don't know if this is just me sucking at things... I installed the Active Effects HUD, and when I consume items, I see the timer widgets pop up and count down, so I know it does work... but I select the Actor Value for DroidFirewall and the widget won't pop up, full-time or during firmware attacks. I have the mod set to have widgets visible at all times, crosshairs are enabled... anyone know if I'm missing something really obvious here? I'd rather not have to stare at my Pip-Pad every time a firmware attack happens.

Thanks in advance!

The firewall isn't an *effect*. It's an *actor value*. The Active Effects mod doesn't display actor values on the HUD, because it doesn't have an actor value widget.

So again, I'll gladly welcome anyone with the tools and technical know-how to create a patch for Active Effects that adds a widget that my mod can take advantage of (I imagine this would be better served through the HUD Framework mod, which would cover any other HUD mods that plug into it) 😉

Trykz

53 minutes ago, Trykz said:

The firewall isn't an *effect*. It's an *actor value*. The Active Effects mod doesn't display actor values on the HUD, because it doesn't have an actor value widget.

So again, I'll gladly welcome anyone with the tools and technical know-how to create a patch for Active Effects that adds a widget that my mod can take advantage of (I imagine this would be better served through the HUD Framework mod, which would cover any other HUD mods that plug into it) 😉

Trykz

Ah, gotcha! I thought there was a way I was missing. Sorry 'bout that.

Another query/request: Any chance for a no-physics version of the BodySlide preset (CBBE)? The breasts are clipping through several of my outfits. If there's a tutorial somewhere, I'll happily do the modification myself, but I haven't found one, and the one that suggested removing some bones... well, either I messed that up, or it doesn't work. 

Thanks for the hard work on the mod either way! I've been enjoying figuring out the new functionality.

8 minutes ago, whillwynn said:

Ah, gotcha! I thought there was a way I was missing. Sorry 'bout that.

Another query/request: Any chance for a no-physics version of the BodySlide preset (CBBE)? The breasts are clipping through several of my outfits. If there's a tutorial somewhere, I'll happily do the modification myself, but I haven't found one, and the one that suggested removing some bones... well, either I messed that up, or it doesn't work. 

Thanks for the hard work on the mod either way! I've been enjoying figuring out the new functionality.

Use Nifskope. Build a new non-physics CBBE body (and a droid body) in BodySlide (ctrl+build to build them into the main BodySlide folder). Then set up the non-physics mesh to use the same material file and texture paths that the physics droid body does. Then just replace the physics body that's current installed.

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Use Nifskope. Build a new non-physics CBBE body (and a droid body) in BodySlide (ctrl+build to build them into the main BodySlide folder). Then set up the non-physics mesh to use the same material file and texture paths that the physics droid body does. Then just replace the physics body that's current installed.

Trykz

All set, thank you kindly for the pointers!

34 minutes ago, whillwynn said:

All set, thank you kindly for the pointers!

You're quite welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

Enjoy!

Trykz