Droids of the Commonwealth and Patch Plugin

Droids of the Commonwealth and Patch Plugin

View File

Droids of the Commonwealth

20200514215142_1.jpg

A.S.I.A. revamped?

Nah.....

This is a FAR cry from A.S.I.A..

This mod is what A.S.I.A. *should* have been.

NO quests. Period.

NO backstory to learn as you play through the game.

The backstory is told up front, right on the terminal screen,

integrated as part of the mod's game play.

(or the Holo-tape that you are provided)

See the (WIP) thread here for further information.

The mod starts in an abandoned movie theater,

situated in an alley between Swan's Pond and

Trinity Tower.

(the alley across from Hubris Comics)

The ultimate goal of this mod is singular:

To make it *FEEL* like you're playing a droid.

Your ultimate goal as a droid, is singular as well.

To maintain and protect your *Firmware* from

the never-ending assault unleashed upon it from

an endless system of automated, hostile networks.

The Firmware protects your most critical statistic:

Your firewall.

If your firewall's firmware is compromised,

your firewall drops. And when your firewall

drops, the contents of you *synthetic processor*

begins dumping to EVERY network within range.

So what happens when your processor begins

dumping onto insecure networks?

You are the property of the United States Government.

And your processor contains critical national security

secrets, that America's enemies work tirelessly to

obtain. And they ARE persistent. So persistent

in fact, that the government put in a *failsafe*.

The Mainframe

with a primary directive of protecting

the sensitive information your processor

contains. So there's really only ONE possible

solution acceptable by the government:

The download can be installed by your preferred mod manager. Be advised, it tops out at about 1gb with all of the optional texture variants. Leaving them in the installed location won't hurt anything, and will make it easier to locate them should you choose to opt for a new look.

This mod is primarily geared toward playing a female protagonist, though the male IS available. Though note, there are currently NO male variants of the spine meshes. I'll get around to them eventually. Females use CBBE meshes, and males use Atomic Muscle. Bodyslide files are included for everything.

The patch plug-in fixes the headrear issue typical to CBBE for this race. It also adds a few important minor alterations. DO NOT use it if you're playing a human character.

READ EVERYTHING!

Both here, and in the WIP thread linked above. If you're *not the reading type*, you're on your own.

I've tested every phase of this mod's build, and have experienced no issues thus far.

Recommended mods:

Start Me Up (alternate start lets you start in Boylston Club or Goodneighbor if you're starting a new game)

Active Effects on HUD (adds a tab to your Pip Boy that allows you to monitor the firewall) - not required, but A MUST HAVE!

Rogue Sexbot (trust me, you WON'T be disappointed) - Again, not required, but definitely Another MUST HAVE!

and as many of the AAF adult mods as your setup can handle 😉👍

Finally, this plays exceptionally well alongside my A.S.I.A. mod. And I HIGHLY recommend it. The added slave sexbots and roamers really add to the experience.

Enjoy!

Trykz

Great to see it. :)

For suggestions I do have bar-codes and companion support (make them look the same as you with different bar-code after you lure them there) :)

So I tested this 6 ways from Sunday, and didn't have any issue.

I guess I should have opted for a seventh.

It seems that my test character's firewall rate was persistent through various changes I made to the firmware during the build. Simply put, I should have made a new character after each change. At this point, the firmware is being depleted FAR faster than I intend. You'll barely get out of the theater before the Mainframe shuts you down. Essentially putting you into an extended death loop.

The good news is, I can fix it in the patch. I have the patch in the CK now, and I'm working out the solution.

I'll post the fix as a separate download file that overwrites the patch in the main download as soon as it's ready.

Trykz

this mod looks amazing ! still, i think i did something wrong in the installation. Everything is in place inside the theater, but the terminals only displayed "Welcome", except the terminal for the Mainframe. Is it normal ?

Patch is up. Install with mod manager or drop the plugin into your Data folder to overwrite the original patch plugin.

Sorry for the problem folks. Hopefully that was the only issue. 🤞

Trykz

to clarify, the intended firmware rate is -0.01 per second.  During testing, I had the rate set to -0.10 per second so I could quickly test changes made to the various hack effects. Apparently, when I changed it to -0.01, the change took place on my test character, even though it didn't take in the actual firmware controller effect.

Hence, the MUST HAVE recommendation for Hud Effects. It gives you a way to track the current rate and level of your firewall's firmware.

For anyone wondering, the bottom line value is -100.00

If your firmware hits that or lower, look forward to reloading your previous save 👀

Trykz

Some feedback on a two things I found:

I made a new game and traveled to Diamond City, on the way there I hacked as terminal ( one on the Military stash on train) and found a certain entry and was hacked - This is before I got to the theatre - within in a few I got a shutdown/reboot scenario. I just went along with it, and had two more episodes on the way there, then I did the Agree and become a droid thing, this seems fatal - well you shutdown and reboot every 2 mins, and had ctd when I tried to fast travel.

So I went back to my Vault 111 exit save and made my way there again, this time avoiding all terminals, did the becoming a droid thing and now the shutdowns happened every 6-8 mins (Which is now fixed with the patch - have not installed patch yet, will test)

Next, sometimes after a reboot I get stuck in shutdown/reboot pose and can only get out if I go into Pipboy and exit, I had one freeze (not even able to pan camera) and Tab did not work, but I was able to get into pipboy with Map and that unstuck me.

As for the rest so far, BRILLIANT!

4 minutes ago, badboy64 said:

So how do you become a Droid?

By reading... you can start with the first post where you'll find this:

The mod starts in an abandoned movie theater,

situated in an alley between Swan's Pond and

Trinity Tower.

(the alley across from Hubris Comics)

Trykz

21 minutes ago, Maion said:

Some feedback on a two things I found:

I made a new game and traveled to Diamond City, on the way there I hacked as terminal ( one on the Military stash on train) and found a certain entry and was hacked - This is before I got to the theatre - within in a few I got a shutdown/reboot scenario. I just went along with it, and had two more episodes on the way there, then I did the Agree and become a droid thing, this seems fatal - well you shutdown and reboot every 2 mins, and had ctd when I tried to fast travel.

So I went back to my Vault 111 exit save and made my way there again, this time avoiding all terminals, did the becoming a droid thing and now the shutdowns happened every 6-8 mins (Which is now fixed with the patch - have not installed patch yet, will test)

Next, sometimes after a reboot I get stuck in shutdown/reboot pose and can only get out if I go into Pipboy and exit, I had one freeze (not even able to pan camera) and Tab did not work, but I was able to get into pipboy with Map and that unstuck me.

As for the rest so far, BRILLIANT!

Fixed. Re-download the patch to apply the change. And thanks for the heads-up. I apparently forgot to add the race condition to a few of the terminals.

The *stuck* thing isn't anything to do with the mod. Exiting an animation from a still position is an issue with how the game handles animations. Animations are meant to be exited from a marker. I could have used a marker, but it would have added more to the script fragments than I care to see. You can either enter ANY menu OR, you can scroll in or out to exit the animation.

Trykz

1 hour ago, MakiTheBot said:

this mod looks amazing ! still, i think i did something wrong in the installation. Everything is in place inside the theater, but the terminals only displayed "Welcome", except the terminal for the Mainframe. Is it normal ?

You can't see what they say because you're still Human. The one you could see has been fixed so you can't.

Re-downloading the patch fixes all known current issues. Hopefully there are no more.

Trykz

So far, the couple of issues that have arisen have been fixable through the patch plugin. My intent is to try to keep it this way. So unless it's a *structural* problem, the base of the mod will never change. If you're a modder seeking to make content for this, script sources will be made available via PM here if needed. Be sure to incorporate ANY and ALL changes in the patch plugin. Alternatively, you may rename and use the patch plugin on which to build your new content. Simply note on your mod page that users of your mod should remove the patch plugin provided here BEFORE installing your mod.

And with that, I'll leave it there. I'll be monitoring this thread regularly for any issues that might come up.

Oh.... post pics ya lazy scrubs! I wanna see what you all make of this 😉

Trykz

Okay, so it seems the last patch completely broke the firmware controller effect. I'm going to start assigning versions to the patch plugin, so it's a bit easier to identify that you have the latest plugin. I'll post update plugin 1.0.1 as soon as it's tested and ready.

Sorry guys. I'll get this sorted eventually.

Trykz

Couple of quick questions.  Is the physics body the only bodyslide available for the Gynoid?  I ask because physics body is not compatible with CBP which would cause some serious issues.

In the announcement thread it looked like black was the baseline texture for the body but I have red on the different body segments instead.  Is that intended?

11 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

Couple of quick questions.  Is the physics body the only bodyslide available for the Gynoid?  I ask because physics body is not compatible with CBP which would cause some serious issues.

In the announcement thread it looked like black was the baseline texture for the body but I have red on the different body segments instead.  Is that intended?

The body in the download is the same body you see in the screenshots. I'm currently running CBP with OCBPC preset without any issue. And I've been using it for over a month.

Basic Black *was* originally the default texture, but after a little thought I decided to leave the red set loaded when I packaged everything up so the pre-loaded textures would look like the screenshots.

If you look in the textures folder, there's a bunch you can choose from. See the WIP thread linked in the first post for more detailed information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that note, I finally sorted the patch plugin. I apparently changed the *type* on the actor value for the firewall without realizing it. Took a bit to find the issue, but it's now working as intended. I'll upload it right after I submit this post.

Trykz

I think I found the source of my problem with the body and physics not working earlier.  For some reason I cannot build the Gynoid body at all in bodyslide.  The files all look like they are in the right locations.  I've checked the .tri, .nif, and .osp files for meshes and bodyslide and I have your ASIA mod installed as well.  Bodyslide states that its built all bodies with batch build and I have checked to make sure that the gynoid body is loaded into the batch.  Base human body works and ASIA bodies are set to proper bodies in game but after going in as a human and the gynoid body is the default 0 slider CBBE body.

I also made sure bodyslide is at its most current version.  The gynoid body is the only female body that is not updating with bodyslide.  I checked it out in outfit studio and found that none of the sliders in outfit studio function either.  It's as if bodyslide and outfit studio cannot actually affect it.

I know yours is working properly and can clearly see the photos that it should work, so I'm officially at a complete loss.  I'm going to start scouring the bodyslide support forum to see if there are any similar issues that have propped up in the past like this where only one single item will not conform to the body but if you or anyone else in here have any suggestions I'm open.

***Edit***

I did check the male android body.  It works fine in bodyslide.  So does the spine part.  The only thing that is unresponsive is the gynoid body so far.

29 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

For some reason I cannot build the Gynoid body at all in bodyslide. 

You are not alone with this, I too can not build the body too the base preset I use for batch build, It remains at zero. The sliders refuse to make any change to the body.

It is as if the physics body has not been associated with CBBE. Yet why do we see in the video, Trykz with a positively shapely body hmmm?

8 hours ago, Trykz said:

You can't see what they say because you're still Human. The one you could see has been fixed so you can't.

Re-downloading the patch fixes all known current issues. Hopefully there are no more.

Trykz

Yes it is fixed, but i have another question, sorry again. How do i become a droid ? because i thought that the terminal where we apply is the one that changes the race and turn us into robots but it seems i still need to already be one before being able to read it. Do i need to use a certain command ? or did i miss something on my way to the theater ?

1 hour ago, MakiTheBot said:

Yes it is fixed, but i have another question, sorry again. How do i become a droid ? because i thought that the terminal where we apply is the one that changes the race and turn us into robots but it seems i still need to already be one before being able to read it. Do i need to use a certain command ? or did i miss something on my way to the theater ?

There is a console inside the theater with a box next to it, you should be able to read that, at the bottom of the screen is an Agree, that you click on, and then it starts.

3 hours ago, Maion said:

There is a console inside the theater with a box next to it, you should be able to read that, at the bottom of the screen is an Agree, that you click on, and then it starts.

that's the problem, it only display "Welcome", i don't have anything else it's just empty i can't apply or anything

edit: i tried reinstalling the mod and the patch and it's still the same problem sadly

5 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

For some reason I cannot build the Gynoid body at all in bodyslide. 

Running into the same issue here.