6 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I did a bit of troubleshooting as to why no events fired if you're held captive in a town after being offloaded by a lord.  This is the culprit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Optional) Delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale, as my slavery events file has events defined that cover essentially all of its use cases. If you're enslaved and the only thing that ever seems to happen to you is someone putting cum in your food, I recommend deleting this file. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleting that resulted in no events firing if you're a captive in a town/city, or the time advancing.  Restoring it resulted in normal play. 

Run captivity.reset_status in console. Your slave flag is triggered. But yes it seems like there is a lack of events in town/city scenario

8 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I did a bit of troubleshooting as to why no events fired if you're held captive in a town after being offloaded by a lord.  This is the culprit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Optional) Delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale, as my slavery events file has events defined that cover essentially all of its use cases. If you're enslaved and the only thing that ever seems to happen to you is someone putting cum in your food, I recommend deleting this file. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleting that resulted in no events firing if you're a captive in a town/city, or the time advancing.  Restoring it resulted in normal play. 

Interesting. I definitely have town/city events in my files, and most of my events are not location-specific. I'm not sure why that would occur. I'm working on a patch to explicitly allow events in towns/cities/dungeons, I suppose? Hoping it doesn't break anything else to do so.

Wait, no - if you're enslaved, I know for a fact there are a large number of events that can and should trigger, regardless of location, and do so in my install. Something else is going on here. Are you sure you've installed correctly? The Modules folder inside the zip file should be copied into the base bannerlord directory.

40 minutes ago, transfer said:

Interesting. I definitely have town/city events in my files, and most of my events are not location-specific. I'm not sure why that would occur. I'm working on a patch to explicitly allow events in towns/cities/dungeons, I suppose? Hoping it doesn't break anything else to do so.

Wait, no - if you're enslaved, I know for a fact there are a large number of events that can and should trigger, regardless of location, and do so in my install. Something else is going on here. Are you sure you've installed correctly? The Modules folder inside the zip file should be copied into the base bannerlord directory.

It works now for me. I downloaded the latest CaptivityEvents mod and installed TBCaptivity by cut and pasting zCaptivityEvents from that unpacked mod and pasting it into Modules and letting it overwrite three files in the base CaptivityEvents mod. 

Then I deleted the first .xml file as outlined in your optional installation instructions but the second option to delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale resulted in no events firing if held captive inside a city/town as outlined below.  Boldface is the problematic one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy the Modules folder into your Bannerlord installation, or use a mod manager. More specifically, the zCaptivityEvents folder in this mod needs to go into the Modules folder in your Bannerlord installation.  It will overwrite a few files. This is part of the process of changing the art and wording for some of the default events.

(Optional) Delete DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml if you want to use my flavors of those events. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks. If you do not delete this file, you will see a number of errors upon loading / starting a game, but they should not otherwise affect gameplay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 hours ago, nothindoin said:

Is this using the new "Module Loader" folder?

Yes, these events (Specifically the highest number version) have been updated to BadListener's latest release including the Module Loader option. 

7 hours ago, transfer said:

Yes, these events (Specifically the highest number version) have been updated to BadListener's latest release including the Module Loader option. 

I’ll have to try again. I’m definitely getting your events “on the road” Slavery ones included. but at a settlement? Not at all. Just embrace or resist the training 

Hm. That's what Celedhring described. Ill have to do some testing. It may be that when you get enslaved by a settlement you have no 'master' so the events can't fire. The solution to which would be removing the ability to be enslaved by a settlement.

1 hour ago, transfer said:

Hm. That's what Celedhring described. Ill have to do some testing. It may be that when you get enslaved by a settlement you have no 'master' so the events can't fire. The solution to which would be removing the ability to be enslaved by a settlement.

CE seems to randomly generate an owner if you get sold in a settlement. Has to be able to assign a father if a pregnancy occurs, I’m guessing. When you are in the waiting menu some screen say “you are the slave of so and so for 5 days” or whatever in that vein.

So, to be clear, you are using the latest CE and you have your events firing in a settlement? Just want to make sure I don’t have an installation issue. 

17 hours ago, nothindoin said:

CE seems to randomly generate an owner if you get sold in a settlement. Has to be able to assign a father if a pregnancy occurs, I’m guessing. When you are in the waiting menu some screen say “you are the slave of so and so for 5 days” or whatever in that vein.

So, to be clear, you are using the latest CE and you have your events firing in a settlement? Just want to make sure I don’t have an installation issue. 

Weirdly yes - I just double-checked, but I was able to be captured by a settlement, have non-slavery events fire, then be sold to a merchant in that same settlement and have slavery events continue to fire (though the merchant didn't go anywhere, which is a mystery in and of itself). This is with Bannerlord 1.4.1 and zCaptivityEvents 1.4.1.62, which was the latest version when this issue began being reported. 

Updating to 1.4.2.63 at the moment to see if that changes anything...

I can confirm that it does not - was able to be captured by a settlement, have events fire and get enslaved normally. I am noticing that while in town (not settlement) I get sold and re-sold constantly, but that seems to be a different issue.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:07 PM, nothindoin said:

Yes. I’m on 1.4.2 and I’ve seen that happen if a city is under siege or an army hostile to the caravan is near. Rapid selling and reselling...often back to the same caravan that sold me in the first place lol

The ole switcheroo...they sold you off and stole you back. Profit!

Yeah - I've been testing some methods to try to prevent that (mainly - trying to set it so that you can't get sold to another noble via common events if you're already owned by one), but it seems like the flags involved don't work or something. I'll keep working on it to see if I can make it more consistent. I'd prefer for the following behavior to be the case:

- If you've just arrived in a town, no matter the source, high chance to get sold to a noble in the town or the town itself

- If you're owned by a noble in a town, low chance to be sold to a noble in the town (only through an event specifically designed to do so) and low chance to get sold to a merchant or travelling noble party

That way you don't get stuck with a travelling party (and travelling parties don't have to worry about spending food resources on slaves, given the logistics of moving large armies around) as often, but you also don't constantly get re-sold in town.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:57 PM, Celedhring said:

It works now for me. I downloaded the latest CaptivityEvents mod and installed TBCaptivity by cut and pasting zCaptivityEvents from that unpacked mod and pasting it into Modules and letting it overwrite three files in the base CaptivityEvents mod. 

Then I deleted the first .xml file as outlined in your optional installation instructions but the second option to delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale resulted in no events firing if held captive inside a city/town as outlined below.  Boldface is the problematic one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy the Modules folder into your Bannerlord installation, or use a mod manager. More specifically, the zCaptivityEvents folder in this mod needs to go into the Modules folder in your Bannerlord installation.  It will overwrite a few files. This is part of the process of changing the art and wording for some of the default events.

(Optional) Delete DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml if you want to use my flavors of those events. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks. If you do not delete this file, you will see a number of errors upon loading / starting a game, but they should not otherwise affect gameplay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah, still has only 1 event firing (sold as slave + first enslavement) fired. No more events at settlement

The random events for this mod simply aren't firing. (TBRandomEvents_Sexual.xml events) - the ones involving having sex with your malcontent troops for a morale boost, giving them money for a morale boost or whipping malcontent troops

Further observations after some extensive play up to 1000+ Slavery level:  The arena event only popped once for me and that was when my character was dumped into a keep (not a town or city) apparently it only triggers if you're an captive and not a slave.  It didn't trigger even once while I was a slave in a town/city all the way through 1000+ Slavery level.   This is on the latest stable version of TB and CE.

13 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

The random events for this mod simply aren't firing. (TBRandomEvents_Sexual.xml events) - the ones involving having sex with your malcontent troops for a morale boost, giving them money for a morale boost or whipping malcontent troops

Same for me.

EDIT- I'm playing the stable new version of captivity events. Was working for me with the previous version.

My TB random events are working just fine, although I only see one right now,  which requires low morale and min 10 troops,

Seems like the flags are setup in a very strange way if you are looking for the dream events as they are labeled both captive and random to fire, will have to do an update to the loader. So it is a fault on my side for the random/captive events.

Figured out the issue on the settlements, has to do with the HeroOwnedByNotable. Will inform TB on how to fix that.

5 hours ago, BadListener said:

Here is the partly fixed events, just put it in your bannerlord/modules folder and you should see it in your bannerlord launcher. Seems like TB went on vacation for abit so will have to wait for full fix.

zTBCaptivityEvents.zip 56.51 MB · 7 downloads

How does it affect zCE if I have the last version of TB installed into it?

Seems to work fine.  Stocks and arena events only fire if you're a captive and not a slave.  Making those events fire if you're a slave would improve the settlement experience.

On 6/22/2020 at 12:07 AM, Celedhring said:

How does it affect zCE if I have the last version of TB installed into it?

Seems to work fine.  Stocks and arena events only fire if you're a captive and not a slave.  Making those events fire if you're a slave would improve the settlement experience.

IIRC they *can* trigger if you're a slave, the problem is that slave events have so much higher priority that they don't. Unfortunately last I checked I'd have to replace all of the existing slavery events (changing mine is simple; changing everyone elses' not so much) to resolve the behavior.

Sorry for the absence, I haven't had time to maintain this recently. 

Figured out the issue on the settlements, has to do with the HeroOwnedByNotable. Will inform TB on how to fix that.

Thanks. IIRC the issue in the published version of this was related to the fact that I was trying to implement events with HeroOwnedByNotable before HeroOwnedByNotable was actually implemented, so there's some mismatch there.