21 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So in testing, I spent 10 days with looters, 10 days in a village, 10 days in a caravan, and 2 days in a city before I was sold to a caravan. The caravan never sold me so I couldn't test that, but, when I decided to get myself recaptured at a city to test that out, I did get a crash. I know PC had a high slavery rating from the caravan (not sure if that carries over after being freed, didn't get to get recaptured). When I clicked on the "What will happen to you now?" it froze. I checked the TBOverrideRequiredEvents.xml with that line, and I'm not sure which of the 4 capture strip events it triggered that I froze off of, because all 4 events there have the same wording. what I will do, is go through and put 1, 2, 3, 4 on the end of each, try to get it to do it again, and then see if I can find where the bug is.

I've also run into that issue, though I can no longer replicate it reliably. 

I've updated to 0.1.3 , which probably won't fix *that* issue (I suspect it's something in the trigger not properly paying attention to whether or not a caravan or noble exists, so when it attempts to trigger it tries to hand you off to a nonexistent object and gives up), but it should fix most of the image issues @sen4mi mentioned, add a new dreaming event, fix some bad configuration in a couple of the slavery events you mentioned (specifically, I think I see why you weren't being sold reliably, have changed that tag, and then increased the proc chance for slavery events if you are not a slave), and fixed some issues with the pillory event(s). 

I think that's all I've got in me for tonight, but thank you both for your bug reports. 

Note: in my experience, a missing image has never caused a crash; it's always some seemingly innocuous flag or consequence that's missing some game state. I'm reasonably confident this is the case because I've tested some events without images entirely by just deleting the image folder on occasion.

IME what happens when you have a missing image is either that it shows the default or that it just doesn't change images from whatever the previously displayed image was (with hilarious results in some cases).

I have Install Clean zCaptivityEvents 1.4.1.6 +this Mods or Addon Works fine SG's Bannerlord CE Events 18+ Only Addon or Mod and SadSun's Brothel Events 18+ Only Addon or Mod give me No Error Than install your Files i get this Errors:

I use it Game Version 1.4.1

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.CEEventLoader.CE_Load_Captive_Event(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.CEEventLoader.CE_Load_Captive_Event(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_settlement_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

PS what for your is Better Give you here the LogFileFC Or Copy the Errors here? for next time to know :)

LogFileFC.txt

9 hours ago, transfer said:

I've also run into that issue, though I can no longer replicate it reliably. 

I've updated to 0.1.3 , which probably won't fix *that* issue (I suspect it's something in the trigger not properly paying attention to whether or not a caravan or noble exists, so when it attempts to trigger it tries to hand you off to a nonexistent object and gives up), but it should fix most of the image issues @sen4mi mentioned, add a new dreaming event, fix some bad configuration in a couple of the slavery events you mentioned (specifically, I think I see why you weren't being sold reliably, have changed that tag, and then increased the proc chance for slavery events if you are not a slave), and fixed some issues with the pillory event(s). 

I think that's all I've got in me for tonight, but thank you both for your bug reports. 

Note: in my experience, a missing image has never caused a crash; it's always some seemingly innocuous flag or consequence that's missing some game state. I'm reasonably confident this is the case because I've tested some events without images entirely by just deleting the image folder on occasion.

IME what happens when you have a missing image is either that it shows the default or that it just doesn't change images from whatever the previously displayed image was (with hilarious results in some cases).

So when I was getting crashes before when a waiting menu was to come up and found TB_dungeon_lying.png didn't exist before (couple versions ago), that crashing is what led me to realize that TB_dungeon_lying didn't exist. I crashed every time that wait menu came up with 100% success in replication. When I copied default_prison.png and renamed it TB_dungeon_lying.png, I no longer got that crash. Couldn't replicate it a single time again.

But, when I got the arena ones to trigger and there was no .png file, it simply showed default.png... so I'm at a loss. Maybe event triggers default.png but a wait menu isn't an event so it has no default to fall back on? I guess that would be a better question for BL since I don't know what his code says.

7 hours ago, Alucardin said:

I have Install Clean zCaptivityEvents 1.4.1.6 +this Mods or Addon Works fine SG's Bannerlord CE Events 18+ Only Addon or Mod and SadSun's Brothel Events 18+ Only Addon or Mod give me No Error Than install your Files i get this Errors:

I use it Game Version 1.4.1

Spoiler

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture_settlement_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

5/31/2020 9:18:22 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success_male exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

PS what for your is Better Give you here the LogFileFC Or Copy the Errors here? for next time to know :)

LogFileFC.txt 24.34 kB · 1 download

You have duplicate events going on. This means two xml sheets have the same events. So, I would suggest doing the optional installation instructions for this mod, which read the following;

3. (Optional) Delete DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml if you want to use my flavors of those events. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

If you do that, then TB's events he put in won't conflict with the default ones already in regular CE. That is where all of those duplicate entries are. Try that and see if those errors go away.

@Alucardin 

41 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

You have duplicate events going on. This means two xml sheets have the same events. So, I would suggest doing the optional installation instructions for this mod, which read the following;

3. (Optional) Delete DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml if you want to use my flavors of those events. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

If you do that, then TB's events he put in won't conflict with the default ones already in regular CE. That is where all of those duplicate entries are. Try that and see if those errors go away.

This is correct. I'll edit that step of the installation to specifically indicate that these errors will show up if you do not delete that file.

1 hour ago, Plaguetard said:

So when I was getting crashes before when a waiting menu was to come up and found TB_dungeon_lying.png didn't exist before (couple versions ago), that crashing is what led me to realize that TB_dungeon_lying didn't exist. I crashed every time that wait menu came up with 100% success in replication. When I copied default_prison.png and renamed it TB_dungeon_lying.png, I no longer got that crash. Couldn't replicate it a single time again.

But, when I got the arena ones to trigger and there was no .png file, it simply showed default.png... so I'm at a loss. Maybe event triggers default.png but a wait menu isn't an event so it has no default to fall back on? I guess that would be a better question for BL since I don't know what his code says.

I believe that's also correct - waiting menus are much, much touchier than the rest of the events. I didn't run into any issues testing them in this last release, though, and BL had an idea for how I can make mine override the defaults instead of doing so manually in the future, though I'll have to do some testing.

So I tested out the new version and noticed that no slavery events began. I made my PC caught and sat in the city with Caravan's and nobles coming and going, and nothing. I checke into it, and I am getting an error that TBSlaveryEvents_Sexual_Sold.xml does not comply with CEEVentsModal. Obviously this is why PC is not getting sold into slavery. Are you getting this error in your log as well?

I'll do some more testing.

So I found the error that caused TBSlaveryEvents_Sexual_Sold.xml not to load per the Modal... and before I say what it is, let me give you significant credit now that I realize the level of detail you have to code in order to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Like, when I found out what it was I was like, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

That being said, in the xml, under TB_slavery_sold_caravan_castle, you have <RestrictedListOFFlags>HeroIsNotSlave</RestrictedListOFFlags> and it should be <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroIsNotSlave</RestrictedListOfFlags>. That single capital F is throwing everything off, because I opened the EventsModal in Visual Studios and saw that flag has to be RestrictedListOfFlags.

So, now that I got that xml to load correctly, I did get sold immediately upon entering a city. However, I crashed after the selling event. So, I'll look further and see if I can figure out what is causing it. I do also want to thank you, that getting the chance to help debugging with you has absolutely increased my knowledge level on how this all plays together.

An easy way I found to look for typos in the coding by the way, is to copy and paste it into MS Word. Then I went through, and ensured the code was correctly spelled and clicked "ignore all". After doing the first three pages of TBSlaveryEvents_Sexual_Sold.xml I think nearly every code line was ignored, and the double capital still flagged as a typo, which is how I found it.

Ok, sorry for the multiple posts. I figured it out though. And I'll post this question on BL's support page and maybe he can help answer it. Your Slave Menu's are crashing because of the TEXT field. You don't have the following in your field {?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?}. If you add that, your Slave Menu's won't crash.

Now, I dug deeper on this issue though. The way I discovered that was taking the default slave menu and overwriting code line by code line of yours to see what would work. Immediately when I replaced the text field everything worked. So I put the default text back in, and noticed that this text line doesn't show up in the default waiting menu either. I have no idea why this is here, as it does NOT show up in the wait menu text field. Like... at all. So I'd be curious what this line in the text field does and how it links up, as it seems that putting this at the end of the text line is required to ensure the menu doesn't crash.

I even built up my PC Slavery to 51, and immediately when it went to the next Slave menu 2, it crashed, because that isn't in the text field of the second menu.

Ok thanks for the Info than i doing this :) Sory this was Optional, and i have Think Optional must you not do^^

That have the Error fixed Thank you for your help :)

And i have this same doing:

(Optional) Delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale, as my slavery events file has events defined that cover essentially all of its use cases. 
If you're enslaved and the only thing that ever seems to happen to you is someone putting cum in your food,
I recommend deleting this file. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

When i have become Problem i switch the File back in the Folder and look for the Problem come again or fixet it.

PS Sorry next time i use it the Spoiler ups

10 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So I tested out the new version and noticed that no slavery events began. I made my PC caught and sat in the city with Caravan's and nobles coming and going, and nothing. I checke into it, and I am getting an error that TBSlaveryEvents_Sexual_Sold.xml does not comply with CEEVentsModal. Obviously this is why PC is not getting sold into slavery. Are you getting this error in your log as well?

I'll do some more testing.

Interesting. Capitalization typo in one of the events there.  Not sure it's the cause of you not getting enslaved, as I was getting enslaved in my last test, but we'll see. 

Currently running into an issue similar to before, where immediately after whatever event finishes capture the game crashes. Unfortunately this makes it rather difficult to test getting sold into slavery at the moment.

I'll keep you updated. Probably won't have as much time for this today as I did yesterday, unfortunately. I'll try to push an update today which if nothing else removes the custom waiting events and fixes that typo, which I'm hoping will do .. something.

1 minute ago, transfer said:

Interesting. Capitalization typo in one of the events there.  Not sure it's the cause of you not getting enslaved, as I was getting enslaved in my last test, but we'll see. 

Currently running into an issue similar to before, where immediately after whatever event finishes capture the game crashes. Unfortunately this makes it rather difficult to test getting sold into slavery at the moment.

I'll keep you updated. Probably won't have as much time for this today as I did yesterday, unfortunately. I'll try to push an update today which if nothing else removes the custom waiting events and fixes that typo, which I'm hoping will do .. something.

Send the events over might have some time to look at them.

8 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

Ok, sorry for the multiple posts. I figured it out though. And I'll post this question on BL's support page and maybe he can help answer it. Your Slave Menu's are crashing because of the TEXT field. You don't have the following in your field {?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?}. If you add that, your Slave Menu's won't crash.

Now, I dug deeper on this issue though. The way I discovered that was taking the default slave menu and overwriting code line by code line of yours to see what would work. Immediately when I replaced the text field everything worked. So I put the default text back in, and noticed that this text line doesn't show up in the default waiting menu either. I have no idea why this is here, as it does NOT show up in the wait menu text field. Like... at all. So I'd be curious what this line in the text field does and how it links up, as it seems that putting this at the end of the text line is required to ensure the menu doesn't crash.

I even built up my PC Slavery to 51, and immediately when it went to the next Slave menu 2, it crashed, because that isn't in the text field of the second menu.

Heh - yeah, good eye. For reference, what I'm doing ATM to validate XML and handle that kind of typo is to use the XmlTools plugin for Notepad++, and move the .xsd file temporarily into the working folder so that it can auto-validate XML whenever I save. I have no idea why it didn't validate that particular typo earlier, because it sure showed up once I reloaded.

The text field thing is interesting - it's not 100% clear to me the syntax BL is using, but it looks to me like an inline if/else via conditional operator. I thought I'd fixed the issue causing it to crash (I similarly to you literally rebuilt the whole thing and slowly modified the fields until it stopped crashing), which was a mismatched {?} symbol (essentially, think of an if/else statement with missing values somewhere), but I appear to have missed it again somewhere...

Looking into it. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, transfer said:

According to the CEEvents log file, the capitalization issue was making it not load per the strings in EventModal. I dunno, I mean once I fixed the capitalization issue, it worked immediately and I could get sold every single time.

23 minutes ago, transfer said:

Heh - yeah, good eye. For reference, what I'm doing ATM to validate XML and handle that kind of typo is to use the XmlTools plugin for Notepad++, and move the .xsd file temporarily into the working folder so that it can auto-validate XML whenever I save. I have no idea why it didn't validate that particular typo earlier, because it sure showed up once I reloaded.

The text field thing is interesting - it's not 100% clear to me the syntax BL is using, but it looks to me like an inline if/else via conditional operator. I thought I'd fixed the issue causing it to crash (I similarly to you literally rebuilt the whole thing and slowly modified the fields until it stopped crashing), which was a mismatched {?} symbol (essentially, think of an if/else statement with missing values somewhere), but I appear to have missed it again somewhere...

Looking into it. Thanks.

So, here's the issue with that missing TEXT Field. I'm sorry if this sounds confusing... I'm not sure how best to explain it. What I did was add {?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?} to the end of each of your Slave Menu's. So my text line reads the following;

<Text>{?DAYS}You've been a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME} for {NUMBER_OF_DAYS} {?PLURAL}days{?}day{\?}.You watch carefully for your chance to escape this hell.{?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?}
Waiting for your captor...</Text>

Ok, so the crash happens when you are first going to that Slave_Menu. It's like, the initial message. And without that, it isn't there. So, here is the message for the FIRST day in captivity...

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.JPG.b7d42665c801d7e67662edd3680bfe19.JPG

Now, the moment the day turned to having spent 1 whole day in captivity, it changes to your initial line of text. See attached picture...

Spoiler

Capture2.thumb.JPG.6e0f11381c2b4459824bedfc2ccfa30c.JPG

And, that was even without an event ever triggering. So, my guess is the crash is occurring because when first going to the menu, there isn't any text without that line until you've spent 1 full day there.

I can't say I completely understand it, but maybe zero days isn't a day with the {?DAYS} tag? I dunno.

31 minutes ago, BadListener said:

Send the events over might have some time to look at them.

I didn't want to double post the above on the other help forum to reduce redundancy. Just wanted to explain how I've been able to replicate the missing TEXT strand crash I mentioned there.

7 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

According to the CEEvents log file, the capitalization issue was making it not load per the strings in EventModal. I dunno, I mean once I fixed the capitalization issue, it worked immediately and I could get sold every single time.

Good! Probably was only working for me due to a deployment error or something. 

I've been doing some testing with the defaultwaitingmenus and have found that because they only trigger in extremely specific circumstances (enslaved in a city) they're really irritating to debug. I'm tempted to just remove them because if they show up so seldomly anyway, what's the point?

Of course, then my idiot brain kicked in and went "well what if you make waiting menus for all the other possible circumstances too?" 

2 minutes ago, transfer said:

Good! Probably was only working for me due to a deployment error or something. 

I've been doing some testing with the defaultwaitingmenus and have found that because they only trigger in extremely specific circumstances (enslaved in a city) they're really irritating to debug. I'm tempted to just remove them because if they show up so seldomly anyway, what's the point?

Of course, then my idiot brain kicked in and went "well what if you make waiting menus for all the other possible circumstances too?" 

What other waiting menus are you looking for? Like, one for one captive by looters/bandits, one when captive by nobles, one for caravans, one for cities, one for settlements, etc? The menu system has caused nearly all of my crashes I think. They certain appear to be very finicky. 

51 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So, here's the issue with that missing TEXT Field. I'm sorry if this sounds confusing... I'm not sure how best to explain it. What I did was add {?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?} to the end of each of your Slave Menu's. So my text line reads the following;

<Text>{?DAYS}You've been a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME} for {NUMBER_OF_DAYS} {?PLURAL}days{?}day{\?}.You watch carefully for your chance to escape this hell.{?}You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.{\?}
Waiting for your captor...</Text>

Ok, so the crash happens when you are first going to that Slave_Menu. It's like, the initial message. And without that, it isn't there. So, here is the message for the FIRST day in captivity...

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.thumb.JPG.b7d42665c801d7e67662edd3680bfe19.JPG

Now, the moment the day turned to having spent 1 whole day in captivity, it changes to your initial line of text. See attached picture...

Reveal hidden contents

Capture2.thumb.JPG.6e0f11381c2b4459824bedfc2ccfa30c.JPG

And, that was even without an event ever triggering. So, my guess is the crash is occurring because when first going to the menu, there isn't any text without that line until you've spent 1 full day there.

I can't say I completely understand it, but maybe zero days isn't a day with the {?DAYS} tag? I dunno.

I think you're right on all counts - it makes sense, I just hadn't realized the {?DAYS} tag was actually behaving as a conditional and not just a variable declaration. So in this case the {?DAYS} statement ends at the {?} after hell (which in more traditional programming languages behaves an an ELSE statement), and whatever's written after it is displayed if the number of days is singular (day, not days), and whatever's written before it is displayed if the number of days is plural. I'll go fix the events, thanks for that insight.

If that's confusing, think of it this way: in more traditional programming context the code would be written:

IF number_of_days > 1 

print " You've been a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME} for number_of_days "

IF plural

print days

ELSE

print day

ENDIF

print .You watch carefully for your chance to escape this hell.

ELSE

You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.

ENDIF

44 minutes ago, transfer said:

I think you're right on all counts - it makes sense, I just hadn't realized the {?DAYS} tag was actually behaving as a conditional and not just a variable declaration. So in this case the {?DAYS} statement ends at the {?} after hell (which in more traditional programming languages behaves an an ELSE statement), and whatever's written after it is displayed if the number of days is singular (day, not days), and whatever's written before it is displayed if the number of days is plural. I'll go fix the events, thanks for that insight.

If that's confusing, think of it this way: in more traditional programming context the code would be written:

IF number_of_days > 1 

print " You've been a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME} for number_of_days "

IF plural

print days

ELSE

print day

ENDIF

print .You watch carefully for your chance to escape this hell.

ELSE

You are a slave at {SETTLEMENT_NAME}.

ENDIF

That makes perfect sense.

So I made my first event. I ran into this issue where my options I guess are too long. Is there a way to increase the spacing between them?

I've attached a picture so you can see the issue... If you did it somewhere, just pointing me to an example I can go read the code and figure out how to add it if it is a lot to explain.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.JPG.461013c36ec225b6f9c78e1d4af3e0f5.JPG

Updated with a new event syntax and setup which allows the events to override (not 100% reliably) and hopefully eliminates those crashes. After a bit of testing (and more crashes) I decided not to try to add more waiting events to e.g. captors on the move. 

Also added some more nightmare events, because the dream event triggers often enough that I want to make its results as diverse as possible.

2 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So I made my first event. I ran into this issue where my options I guess are too long. Is there a way to increase the spacing between them?

I've attached a picture so you can see the issue... If you did it somewhere, just pointing me to an example I can go read the code and figure out how to add it if it is a lot to explain.

Hide contents

Capture.thumb.JPG.461013c36ec225b6f9c78e1d4af3e0f5.JPG

Nice work! Unfortunately no - I've run into that pretty frequently as well, and just end up shortening my prompts. (I'm usually waaay more verbose than my events here indicate; I've often had to slash 75% of an event's text because I wanted the image to be visible as well, and doubt many readers will be interested in reading three paragraphs on a single slide). BadListener might have some insight there. 

58 minutes ago, transfer said:

Nice work! Unfortunately no - I've run into that pretty frequently as well, and just end up shortening my prompts. (I'm usually waaay more verbose than my events here indicate; I've often had to slash 75% of an event's text because I wanted the image to be visible as well, and doubt many readers will be interested in reading three paragraphs on a single slide). BadListener might have some insight there. 

I tested and received zero crashes during the entire test run. Just FYI. Did the usual 10 days in each type of location, and was bought by a noble, then sold from noble to caravan. The caravan didn't want to sell me back to anyone, but it looks like all that transferring issue is resolved.

28 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

As of 1.4, the option to delete the two .xml files from Captivity Events are no longer valid?

As posted on the description page...

1. (Optional) Delete DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml if you want to use my flavors of those events. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks. If you do not delete this file, you will see a number of errors upon loading / starting a game, but they should not otherwise affect gameplay.
  2. (Optional) Delete DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale, as my slavery events file has events defined that cover essentially all of its use cases. If you're enslaved and the only thing that ever seems to happen to you is someone putting cum in your food, I recommend deleting this file. Please keep a backup, or realize that you'll need to re-download if something breaks.

I've deleted both and I have no issues and no errors, just fyi.