14 minutes ago, transfer said:

@B0ukensha Ah. Yeah, that's worse (at least, in my opinion) than the filters I was using, and ends up much blockier than the bannerlord art. The main problem is that it completely removes the character's expressions. I found a slightly better filter in photoshop; I'll upload a filterified copy of my images at some point. I keep trying to find a way to get it to still have the painterly look I like without screwing with the facial expression... I may just have to bite the bullet and do it manually by deselecting them before running. 

@dæææmn I'd recommend making your own mod for it in the same way I made this one; if you change the file and event names you should be able to load the file at the same time as the other events without issue. I welcome more alternative (lesbian, gay, etc) events; I only don't write them much because I don't swing that way, so I feel like I'd be bad at doing them justice. If you really feel like you won't be able to, I can take a stab at formatting / validating your events, I'll just put them in their own file and name so that it's clear who to credit.

Thanks,

Exactly, so consistency might be a case of you turning BLs art into yours or go with online artist's work that already exists, with their permission ofc.  Theres enough out there to keep it similar in style, but you'll likely have to go for painterly or anime - types.  Anyway, i'll leave those choices up to you, or anyone who might want to do conversion mods.

1 hour ago, transfer said:

@dæææmn I'd recommend making your own mod for it in the same way I made this one; if you change the file and event names you should be able to load the file at the same time as the other events without issue. I welcome more alternative (lesbian, gay, etc) events; I only don't write them much because I don't swing that way, so I feel like I'd be bad at doing them justice. If you really feel like you won't be able to, I can take a stab at formatting / validating your events, I'll just put them in their own file and name so that it's clear who to credit.

Thanks,

Sure, I'll give it a try then :)

1 hour ago, B0ukensha said:

Exactly, so consistency might be a case of you turning BLs art into yours or go with online artist's work that already exists, with their permission ofc.  Theres enough out there to keep it similar in style, but you'll likely have to go for painterly or anime - types.  Anyway, i'll leave those choices up to you, or anyone who might want to do conversion mods.

Given the relative rarity of consistent sexually-themed art on a theme with a consistent-looking character, anime or not, I'm fairly confident using an art style I can generate myself is by far the better option. I unfortunately am not going to put myself on the hook to provide art for every event other authors make (I would love to, but I don't yet have access to the time stone), but I have already and will continue to provide replacement art for the common generic events. 

Okay, so, when I get this event, whichever choice I make, my game crashes. (Also, for some reason this mod makes my game lag a lot, but I thought I could live with that, though the game crashing is a different matter entirely). I've tried to reload the game 4 times, three times I chose the upper option and once the bottom. Every time the game crashed.

Also, whenever I load my save, it says several events couldn't load. So out of curiosity, is this mod compatible with old saves, or is this an issue with the mod itself?

Edit: I just noticed it says "Your female captor" but I'm not even a prisoner here. I'm playing a female character and I have a few male prisoners, but that's it

1553760627_Namnls.png.566fa1d2c9894866856958fa08bc2e90.png

@Hewar

Looks like a bug (misconfigured XML allowing the event to take place when you aren't a captive, which then probably causes a crash because it's trying to take actions that make no sense in a captor context). I'll take a look and see if I can fix it with my next update.

I'm not sure why this mod would cause your game to lag, though. It adds quite a few events, but doesn't (yet) even double the amount in the original mod, and I've never noticed any difference in game speed or resolution in that context. 

If you load your save and it says several events can't load, with the version of this here, I'd guess either you haven't removed the default female captive events (which, because some of the events override those creates issues). This shouldn't actually cause problems, you just won't see my modifications to those events.

Orr something's been updated in the main mod / game while I've been fuzting about with pictures. I really wish I had a way to cleanly update events in a file without needing to replace it or delete it...

I'll do some testing once I finish getting an alternate imageset online.

10 minutes ago, aerosmei1 said:

Did anyone mention birth bug?

On the current Captivity Events use this mod will never give birth

ps:no, its 3 pregnancy 1 birth,monkaW

It always tells me (blank) gave birth to (name).  It never says I gave birth, it doesn't say who gave birth at all.  And I never get the child.

14 hours ago, aerosmei1 said:

real bug report:

1:if use this plus mod ,you can only born male child

2:about 60% pregnancy never give birth(i guess thats girl)

everything else is great

nice mod dude :)

I'm not modifying anything that should affect this behavior. Can you confirm whether this happens without this mod installed but with the base mod? https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143567-bannerlord-mod-captivity-events/page/20/#comments

I'm ~80% of the way done replacing the art assets and adding a few events, at which point I'll do a troubleshooting pass on captor event behavior and post an update which includes a couple of related bugfixes. 

9 hours ago, transfer said:

I'm not modifying anything that should affect this behavior. Can you confirm whether this happens without this mod installed but with the base mod? https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143567-bannerlord-mod-captivity-events/page/20/#comments

I'm ~80% of the way done replacing the art assets and adding a few events, at which point I'll do a troubleshooting pass on captor event behavior and post an update which includes a couple of related bugfixes. 

Start new game it happened yesterday,but today I start another one everything is working good.

I guess this is something about vanilla pregnancy system bug

That's really weird. I'm afraid I haven't looked into the code behind this mod, just the config. I'll give it a shot if I have time. 

For now, I've identified what I believe to be the issue that was causing those events to show up while you were not captive. I expect it to be fixed when I push my next update. ~5ish more images to go. 

Hi there, it seems like a nice mod from what I've seen so far, editing captives' clothes, sharing your food with them or not, I haven't captured any female noble yet but so far it seems great. One problem is the events happening. every 2 minutes they come up like pop-ads like "you wanna flay some prisoners?" or "you wanna kill some prisoners for fun while they are running away" Some may enjoy this but I prefer not to do these yet, espically when I have valuable prisoners that I can recruit later on or sell to get money out of them. Is there a way to limit these events popping up? or even better to make it completely optional without getting any pop-ups if possible? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd like to use this mod but this issue is runing it at this time.

1 hour ago, altair19 said:

Hi there, it seems like a nice mod from what I've seen so far, editing captives' clothes, sharing your food with them or not, I haven't captured any female noble yet but so far it seems great. One problem is the events happening. every 2 minutes they come up like pop-ads like "you wanna flay some prisoners?" or "you wanna kill some prisoners for fun while they are running away" Some may enjoy this but I prefer not to do these yet, espically when I have valuable prisoners that I can recruit later on or sell to get money out of them. Is there a way to limit these events popping up? or even better to make it completely optional without getting any pop-ups if possible? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd like to use this mod but this issue is runing it at this time.

Hi altair,

Thanks for trying the mod!

I believe the behavior you're describing is actually from the base CaptivityEvents mod - this mod doesn't actually have any events that should be able to trigger when you are a captor and not a captive. That said, the base mod does have some events like that. You can either remove them by deleting the files (the ones that say 'Captor' and not 'Captive'), or more easily in the 'Mod Options' menu of the main Bannerlord menu. If you press Mod Options, then Captivity Events, you can change the 'event occurance in Captor (hours)' up to 72 hours, so you should only potentially see a captor event every three days in that case.

Thanks,

21 minutes ago, transfer said:

Hi altair,

Thanks for trying the mod!

I believe the behavior you're describing is actually from the base CaptivityEvents mod - this mod doesn't actually have any events that should be able to trigger when you are a captor and not a captive. That said, the base mod does have some events like that. You can either remove them by deleting the files (the ones that say 'Captor' and not 'Captive'), or more easily in the 'Mod Options' menu of the main Bannerlord menu. If you press Mod Options, then Captivity Events, you can change the 'event occurance in Captor (hours)' up to 72 hours, so you should only potentially see a captor event every three days in that case.

Thanks,

Yeah I realized I was typing on this addon forum instead of the base mod. I am guessing deleting the NonHeroEvents column also works?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but in theory if you delete the DefaultCaptorEventsMale.xml and DefaultCaptorEventsFemale.xml files, those events should no longer show up (assuming everything's been categorized correctly)

21 minutes ago, transfer said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but in theory if you delete the DefaultCaptorEventsMale.xml and DefaultCaptorEventsFemale.xml files, those events should no longer show up (assuming everything's been categorized correctly)

basically there are 2 captor events xml's files, called male and female in the end, in them there's a section titled "nonhero events start here" (I found them by searching term flay) and it seems deleting this column, saving the file works, I have played for about an hour like that now, no pop-up events every 2 mins anymore

Oh, awesome. I'm surprised those weren't just kept in a separate file. Glad you were able to get it sorted! I can never tell, I haven't played the game as not-a-captive since I started testing this to try to build an appropriately frustrating slavery system. 

...Speaking of, I should start drafting more assassination / proactive escape scenarios so that a resistance instead of submission-themed playthrough can be as full-featured.

34 minutes ago, transfer said:

Oh, awesome. I'm surprised those weren't just kept in a separate file. Glad you were able to get it sorted! I can never tell, I haven't played the game as not-a-captive since I started testing this to try to build an appropriately frustrating slavery system. 

...Speaking of, I should start drafting more assassination / proactive escape scenarios so that a resistance instead of submission-themed playthrough can be as full-featured.

Ah I'm fond of all modders' works even in the early access state of the game, you guys make things lot more enjoyable and versatile o7 I wish you goodluck on adding new features.

PS. if you didn't tell me to look for that file, I don't think I'd bother trying to find it so thanks for that as well

4 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Should this file be removed to make sure that your images load? DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml

Yes - if you want my images to load for the four default events (capture, punishment on escape, etc) you'll want to remove that file. My images should already load for the default image / prison image (because they override it) and any custom events (because they're defined to do so).

I could upload a modified DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml file as well and override it, but this runs the risk of creating a situation where as BadListener adds content to DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale it no longer shows up if you have this mod installed unless I'm *really* good at updating. Do you think that'd be worth it for the easier install? (You'd no longer have to delete the file as it'd be being overwritten)

so your latest update seems to crash on being taken prisoner (currently playing beta 1.41) the initial window comes up with being taken prisoner you hit continue and it crashes with a little error message. hate for my first comment on your mod to just be  a  bug report, i like your mod and am grateful that you decided to share this expansion that you have spent time and effort on

edit: nevermind this appears to be an issue of the base mod

error.png

6 hours ago, tevishk said:

so your latest update seems to crash on being taken prisoner (currently playing beta 1.41) the initial window comes up with being taken prisoner you hit continue and it crashes with a little error message. hate for my first comment on your mod to just be  a  bug report, i like your mod and am grateful that you decided to share this expansion that you have spent time and effort on

edit: nevermind this appears to be an issue of the base mod

error.png

Yeah, the way this extension is structured AFAIK if something was broken it just wouldn't load my events. It looks like BadListener did his magic and the latest version seems to work, though, so I'd give it another shot after updating.