Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

4 hours ago, tasairis said:

The Monty (Jarl's) Hall problem is regarding the goats huskies following the player through loading doors. Erections are something else.

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that I was having the same problem with getting the huskies to follow me through loading doors.
Bailey will follow me
- Out the door of the mansion
- Into the longhouse
- Back out the door of the longhouse

He won't follow me back into the mansion, through either exterior door. Neither will the sale dogs. They did follow me through the basement door, but I had to console them into the lobby first.

4 hours ago, tasairis said:

Talking to the sale dogs "outside the Mansion"? You shouldn't be able to. Only during the sale and after the quest finishes

I tried 'talking' to the huskies outside to see if they had dropped follower status. Once I finagled them into the basement, I did get a dialogue box.

11 hours ago, coffeeandcynicism said:

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that I was having the same problem with getting the huskies to follow me through loading doors.
Bailey will follow me
- Into the longhouse

He won't follow me back into the mansion, through either exterior door. Neither will the sale dogs. They did follow me through the basement door, but I had to console them into the lobby first.

Same story for me. I dont have any overhauls in falkreath I think.

20 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

Right im familiar with that quest in the original mod. It would be extremely similar yes. That being said..

1. There will be choices for people to leave out bugs from the story (skip those creatures) so those players wouldn't find the similar story at all.

Mostly true. It's not going to be as simple as Thaena saying "<NPC> wants help with insects" and the player saying "Nah". You'll still have to go out there and meet whatever things - it's the sex bits that will be skippable.

2. That original quest is honestly not very entertaining with that creature, I skipped it almost every time. It makes more sense as a story with wolves.

I'm going to have to chalk that up to personal preferences. Honestly, I don't care for it a whole lot either, but the concept makes so much more sense when there are sentient creatures you can communicate with. (That said, the plot could still use a bit of help.)

3. Why not reuse as much as you can to just add simple radiant quests. It would save you alot of work and players would appreciate the variety. ?

I don't want it to be blatantly formulaic. Filler is one thing. Copy and paste is another.

Living with wolves is reasonable because (a) people like canines and (b) it's already a rather common storytelling concept. It makes sense to have that.

Abelone's quest also makes sense because she's dealing with sentient creatures she can (somehow) communicate with.

But other creatures? It depends. I mean, it's not like you could really go out and live with a bunch of sabre cats. On the other hand, living with horses wouldn't be too unbelievable.

19 hours ago, coffeeandcynicism said:

Bailey will follow me
- Into the longhouse

7 hours ago, houdini said:

Same story for me. I dont have any overhauls in falkreath I think.

Weird.

Do either of you have any mods that touch the husky race (020122B7)? Probably not.
And definitely no conflicts on the exterior cell (00009C61 at -10,-21) or its navmesh?

8 hours ago, tasairis said:

Do either of you have any mods that touch the husky race (020122B7)? Probably not.
And definitely no conflicts on the exterior cell (00009C61 at -10,-21) or its navmesh?

While testing i had AME loaded last so i dont think there was an issue with cell edits or navmeshes

Spoiler

obraz.thumb.png.a0aba9a954bbeffea111969642c67498.png

Thing is none of my followers can travel into mansion. I have a EFF - Extensible Follower Framework thou.

21 hours ago, tasairis said:

I don't want it to be blatantly formulaic. Filler is one thing. Copy and paste is another.

Living with wolves is reasonable because (a) people like canines and (b) it's already a rather common storytelling concept. It makes sense to have that.

Abelone's quest also makes sense because she's dealing with sentient creatures she can (somehow) communicate with.

But other creatures? It depends. I mean, it's not like you could really go out and live with a bunch of sabre cats. On the other hand, living with horses wouldn't be too unbelievable.

Right, didn't mean complete copy/ paste just re work some select ideas the could work with more than one creature (that makes logical sense)  . Dialogue would be different but the radiant quest would be similar to get some easy extra quests out there. Ex your assist hunter as bait quest could work on bears/sabercat/wolves but not dogs and horses. We're probably on the same page about it lol, but just thought I would clarify.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:55 AM, houdini said:

While testing i had AME loaded last so i dont think there was an issue with cell edits or navmeshes

Reveal hidden contents

obraz.thumb.png.a0aba9a954bbeffea111969642c67498.png

Thing is none of my followers can travel into mansion. I have a EFF - Extensible Follower Framework thou.

Same here. (I'm using AFT) This screenshot is line-for-line what mine looks like at that cell.

One more question for people with follower problems: are you playing LE or SE? Because this is written for SE. And I could imagine there being navmesh (a key part of how NPCs go through loading doors) differences between the two. However it would not (?) explain being able to go to or from the basement.

Unfortunately that's basically the only thing left I can think of...

So I play Skyrim SE.

Was able to isolate the problem with the followers AFT and EFF the follower does not follow in the villa NFF the follower comes into the villa.

Bailey follows me back into the villa for all three follower mods.

Unfortunately, the two huskies didn't do the same when I deactivated EFF and NFF. Only when I had forced her into the villa using the console did she follow me into the basement.

But like you said it is alpha mod.

the problem will probably resolve itself in the long run as the mod progresses.

Just wanted to leave a bit of encouragement i absolutly love the Dialogue you have written you have a great writing style imo i wish you the best of luck just don't burn yourself out  will definitely keep tabs on this mod i'm not really into animal stuff but the story was actually quite compelling and kept me interested judging by your writing style i believe you will do great things

12 hours ago, Unicom1981 said:

So now a mod of the Animal Mansion Extended breaks could find

[Bitches Be Warned]

After deactivation, the quest continues to run normally again tonight. Test whether the break was also to blame for the huskies not following me back to the villa.

I just looked through BBW and I don't see any way it could possibly conflict...

On 8/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Unicom1981 said:

So I play Skyrim SE.

Was able to isolate the problem with the followers AFT and EFF the follower does not follow in the villa NFF the follower comes into the villa.

Bailey follows me back into the villa for all three follower mods.

Unfortunately, the two huskies didn't do the same when I deactivated EFF and NFF. Only when I had forced her into the villa using the console did she follow me into the basement.

I use NFF...

Bailey uses the built-in "Follow" AI while the huskies use "FollowPlayer". I'll try switching them to Follow. Maybe AFT/EFF are doing something with some of the AI variables that are somehow breaking it?

On 8/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Unicom1981 said:

the problem will probably resolve itself in the long run as the mod progresses.

I doubt it ?

16 hours ago, tasairis said:

I just looked through BBW and I don't see any way it could possibly conflict...

Will BBW test again. I only noticed the conflict because the mapmaker at the door has changed, he goes from the side entrance to the main entrance at the Bailey Quest, I have the problem that none of the huskies wanted to follow me into the villa.

Update test BBW

Unfortunately BBW breaks AMX couldn't find a reason why in SSEEdit either.

But it doesn't matter, because the creator has disappeared and there is less interest in BBW, I will deactivate it.

The only thing I can imagine that a script that the creator of BBW uses and because changing the cell checks that this was to blame. because BBW had constantly checked entering and leaving a cell in the background.

16 hours ago, tasairis said:

I use NFF...

Bailey uses the built-in "Follow" AI while the huskies use "FollowPlayer". I'll try switching them to Follow. Maybe AFT/EFF are doing something with some of the AI variables that are somehow breaking it?

I doubt it ?

With the followers, there really seems to be a conflict with the AI packages from AFT and EFF. These mods had due to an old follower mod. I was able to update this to NFF and since then my follower has followed me into the villa no matter through which door.

Update test EFF

So EFF in itself does not cause any errors is due to an old follower mod from 2015 because I ported to SSE myself.

I haven't tested AFT but should run without problems.

Believe that the error script technically occurs, the old follower mod and BBW have one thing in common a cell check, BBW for starting animations like AMX when Thaena and Bailey are caught in a cell or when following mod there are individual comments when I enter certain cells go. 

I will test it again had seen a pure commentary mod for followers on Nexus that was only related to cities. I think this can only work with cell checks.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, tasairis said:

One more question for people with follower problems: are you playing LE or SE? Because this is written for SE. And I could imagine there being navmesh (a key part of how NPCs go through loading doors) differences between the two. However it would not (?) explain being able to go to or from the basement.

Unfortunately that's basically the only thing left I can think of...

I'm using SE. I was using NFF but I switched to AFT because I thought I was the only person on earth who used it. I'll reload NFF and see if it makes any difference.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, darkon_turas said:

I use NFF as well. AFT is a bit confusing when it comes to which variant is better. Between, AFT, EFF and NFF, which follower mod is the best?

I used AFT for a long time (the original variant), but NFF sold me on one thing: in tight quarters, NPCs will actually move out of your way. I think most of AFTs popularity comes from its longevity. 'The best' is always subjective. Just go with what you like.