Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

5 hours ago, Maion said:

Here's an idea, I don't know how feasible it would be, link it with Being a cow:

I assume bulls are set up internally as male cows? It has free-as-in-speech permissions so as long as the mod comes with everything I would need (namely meshes and CF integration) then I should be able to use it independently of anything else. I'll also want to check if HCoS has anything relevant.

For Being a Cow, the concept makes sense as something to integrate with. Not sure anything really needs to be done, though, since BAC is essentially a sex effect-type mod - at least that's how it appears to me.

6 hours ago, Maion said:

where the player, once flagged as changing into a cow receives a message from messenger that she needs to go to the mansion, when she gets there they have a Bull outside in a pen that needs to breed:

She can then be enticed/forced to breed, and afterwards, there is the other options inside the mansion...

So it's more like using BAC as a way to introduce the Animal Mansion to the player? Unfortunately that's not really going to work with the way the mod's story is written, and I don't want to change it.

But I think there's an opportunity for some sort of quest-type relationship, be that a BAC-style "additional quest" that uses the Mansion (I have no idea about the technical feasibility of such an addition), or an AM-style side quest that references BAC.

33 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I'll also want to check if HCoS has anything relevant.

the only cow animations there are male humans on female cows....and a horse on cow animation that i completely forgot about.

Speaking of BaC, it would be quite interesting if, in Animal Mansion, you could mutate like in BaC, say like a curse or something, that say you spend a lot of time with horses, you become a ponygirl, or you spend a lot of time with the tiger , you become like Mrissi the catgirl, and so on, obviously you will need someone to create the meshes for some of those(the catgirl already exists, and I actually think I saw some version of a ponygirl somewhere) But there are a lot of talented people out there who could help - I wish I could do stuff like that?

I honestly hope Animal Mansion Xtended doesn't get a feature bloat like Shout like a Virgin or Deviously Cursed Loot got over time. ^_^" It'd be really great if AMX kept the interdependency on other mods to a minimum and stays what it is, a nicely done story excuse to bang with any non-sentient thing not fast enough to escape. ?

17 hours ago, Maion said:

Speaking of BaC, it would be quite interesting if, in Animal Mansion, you could mutate like in BaC, say like a curse or something, that say you spend a lot of time with horses, you become a ponygirl, or you spend a lot of time with the tiger , you become like Mrissi the catgirl, and so on, obviously you will need someone to create the meshes for some of those(the catgirl already exists, and I actually think I saw some version of a ponygirl somewhere) But there are a lot of talented people out there who could help - I wish I could do stuff like that?

Sounds like the sort of thing that should be covered by a new mod that's like BaC but not about cows.

18 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

I honestly hope Animal Mansion Xtended doesn't get a feature bloat like Shout like a Virgin or Deviously Cursed Loot got over time. ^_^" It'd be really great if AMX kept the interdependency on other mods to a minimum and stays what it is, a nicely done story excuse to bang with any non-sentient thing not fast enough to escape. ?

No extra dependencies: the "Animal Mansion" will definitely stay about animals and the mansion. I'm only looking at other mods as a way of adding more optional side quests.

I'm tired so I don't think I can put this into words very well right now, and maybe I'll talk too much, but

To me, this mod (my version of it) should not be about the main questline. It should not be about the player serving X clients or completing Y side-quests so they can unlock the next chapter of the story. It's tedious. It's a chore. It leads people into hoping that the next radiant quest will be one they like, tempting them into spending their time declining offers from Thaena until they finally get a good one. Or doing quicksaves/quickloads/COCs when they discover the radiant quest takes them to Winterhold and that's further than they care to go right now. Or getting a quest and doing the minimal amount of work to complete it - no additional quests, no investigating ruins, no exploring, because the goal is just to Get It Over With.

Instead this mod should be about the side quests. Controversial opinion? Don't get me wrong, the main story is important, there should still be character development and plot twists and all the things that make a story worth telling. But beyond that, it should serve as a way to unlock a ton of other stuff. That's where all the variety is. That's how a mod stays relevant on a 100+ hour save. Like, the player can check a handful of client requests and think "Oh, this one is over in Markarth, I have a couple other quests that way already".

Maybe I'm the odd one out here, but playing non-stop sex mod stuff in Skyrim is work to me. It's like a movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat: it may be fun at first, but after a while it's just tiring. And if the movie is a climax from start to end then the movie doesn't actually have a climax. It's more fun to play a regular game with sexual distractions, where I'm fighting bandits one moment and fucking their guard dog the next. And if the RNG doesn't pick one of my favorite animations, I go find the next bandit encampment.

So that's a little more about me and my thoughts for this. I want me/other people to play the side quests because they want to, not because they have to. The main quest unlocks the side quests, not the other way around. Then I use whatever other mods that make sense to provide additional sources of creativity.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:21 PM, tasairis said:

No reaction to this? Not that I expected it to be a particularly controversial change.

In case you still haven't gotten it, this is fanfuckingtastic. As the mansion's mascot, he needs to be special. Even better if you could make him come downstairs and hang out occasionally. 

I rather liked the troll scene - at least the blackscreen tie-up bit. I liked that it prompted my imagination, rather than just going from upright to plopped on the floor tied. It was a novelty to me, but I'd love to see it used more often. But creators gotta create, and I can see how it might not fit your mechanics. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with storyline/dialogue. I love a good story, and you seem to take great interest in it.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:05 AM, virulenz said:

My suggestion is a download link...gathering ideas for more content is nice, but being able to actually play it would be better ^^

You might have missed that I'm making a new mod and not just continuing AM/AM+ from where it left off.

But I do plan to publish an alpha version sometime in the next couple months. I expect it will include the first four quests (prologue and dog, horse, and wolf) and a side quest or two, with the emphasis being on testing the technical aspects of the mod to make sure what I'm doing works for everyone. Once I've established that the whole system works then I can focus on the content. More information when I'm closer to being ready for that.

6 hours ago, coffeeandcynicism said:

I rather liked the troll scene - at least the blackscreen tie-up bit. I liked that it prompted my imagination, rather than just going from upright to plopped on the floor tied. It was a novelty to me, but I'd love to see it used more often. But creators gotta create, and I can see how it might not fit your mechanics. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with storyline/dialogue. I love a good story, and you seem to take great interest in it.

Black screen? I never got a black screen. Just sudden nakedness and plopping. Does sound nice though.

Quick blog-y comment involving animations and the first quest:

Spoiler

This morning I realized that the follower support I had added to the dog quest wasn't as much as I could have done. Originally started with the player and FC/FCC/FCCC animations, then recently added in support for the follower to take the player's place in accordance with that whole thing. What I realized is that a female player and follower could alternate, like follower FC then player FC then follower FC, or player FC and follower FCC. Then I thought the player and follower could work together with FFC/FFCC/FFCCC animations. Then I realized that works just as well for male players too so there's also FMC/FMCC/FMCCC. Then I realized that the player could have more than one follower. Could have two females, and I could do FF[MF]C and CC. Or a male and female and F[FM]MC and CC. Or three followers. Or more. Maybe someone wants each of their three followers to have their own dog.

Now I've decided FUCK THAT. Through follower dialogue I'm only going to support single follower+animal(s) and single follower+player+animal(s). You want to get your four female followers with one dog? Figure it out yourself.

Don't worry about the quest progression: it's based on SexLab hooks with the necessary animals instead of dialogue and popups, so as long as a sex scene involves the dog(s) then it will count as meeting the requirements. Want to use Aroused Creatures or MatchMaker or whatever to start the animation instead of AMX's own dialogue? No problem.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, tasairis said:

Black screen? I never got a black screen. Just sudden nakedness and plopping. Does sound nice though.

Yeah, I got a black screen with the dialogue text at the bottom. Could just be an anomaly, since other stuff is f'ed up. The reason I was digging around here to begin with was that I couldn't get 'Ladies Night' or the 'Men's Party' to work, and without them it's kinda become the loop you described: go here. fuck that, repeat.

Hurry up, will you? ;)

Reading through some of the ideas, and they look nice to expand this mod. There are a few reasons I would like to see an LE version, since I finally seem to have managed to get it to run fairly stable as long as I don't do lots of reloads or fast traveling, and there are mods that I have yet to see in SE that work the same (like Shape Atlas for Men). But it probably would give me an excuse to dust off my copy of SE.

And yes, I really would like to see a mod that concentrates more on quests and characters than simply "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" banging of animals. Even when I was playing a male character. ;) Speaking of which, I have no problem being a submissive Dragonborn, so getting it from male animals was fine and I learned to deal with the incongruities this presented, so I hope that there is an option to accept all contents, even when playing a male character.

Also, good for changing the dialogue. The original dialogue seemed forced and rather cringey at times (like the Falmer quest to get a chaurus) and the Jorvaskar part as well (after which, seeing Farkas and Vilkas hanging in the mansion all the time was rather odd).

Replacing dogs with huskys: Yes, please. I find the default dog rather meh.

I don't know if some of the radiant quests could be varied. The one I ended doing the most was the dog sale, because it offered three chances at fun, but I still found it rather short. So maybe there could be a random chance that after doing the three dogs, the seller could state that the buyers look "uncertain", so player can have another go at all of them. Maybe even a third time, at which point the player may refuse, or sigh and state just one more time. Pay could be higher if doing more than one round.

That is all I can think at the moment.

4 hours ago, Carnotaurus said:

Reading through some of the ideas, and they look nice to expand this mod. There are a few reasons I would like to see an LE version, since I finally seem to have managed to get it to run fairly stable as long as I don't do lots of reloads or fast traveling, and there are mods that I have yet to see in SE that work the same (like Shape Atlas for Men). But it probably would give me an excuse to dust off my copy of SE.

MadMansGun is confident I can backport it. And CK64 is so far less stressful to work with than CK32.

Replacing dogs with huskys: Yes, please. I find the default dog rather meh.

Decided I'll give the player the option to choose which (from the dog breeder). Because why not.

I think for the assorted spawned dogs I'll probably skew it like 2/3rd mutt and 1/3rd husky. And hopefully I'll remember to link to this dog mesh replacer mod.

I don't know if some of the radiant quests could be varied. The one I ended doing the most was the dog sale, because it offered three chances at fun, but I still found it rather short. So maybe there could be a random chance that after doing the three dogs, the seller could state that the buyers look "uncertain", so player can have another go at all of them. Maybe even a third time, at which point the player may refuse, or sigh and state just one more time. Pay could be higher if doing more than one round.

I think I know a way to expand the basic dog sale a little bit, but I do want to keep it to the overall simple premise of "dog breeder wants you to demonstrate the quality of his dogs". My intention is that the dog sale is (deliberately) one of the shorter and simpler quests, and that there are other more involved quests available for you to choose from (because like I said somewhere earlier, you will be able to choose).

Saving the best for last:

And yes, I really would like to see a mod that concentrates more on quests and characters than simply "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" banging of animals. Even when I was playing a male character. ;) Speaking of which, I have no problem being a submissive Dragonborn, so getting it from male animals was fine and I learned to deal with the incongruities this presented, so I hope that there is an option to accept all contents, even when playing a male character.

I'll be honest: it's going to take a pretty big mental leap for me to wrap my head around making an Animal Mansion that isn't geared towards female PCs. That's how I've always thought about it - ever since I first played the original AM in LE. But the benefits of a mod that treats both sexes more or less equally, even if the MC animations sometimes use male creatures and have the occasional "incongruity", are too significant to ignore.

What's more, supporting male PCs immediately suggests supporting female creatures when available, and that comes with its own set of advantages that are also hard to ignore. Though to do so I would need a way to keep potentially a male and female of each creature, and with the basement as it is that means a whole new headache.

This all re-raises a question that I thought I had answered a long time ago: whether to keep the existing Mansion and storyline intact. A question I would love to kick down the road... if I wasn't afraid that I might change my mind.

?

On 6/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, tasairis said:

I'll be honest: it's going to take a pretty big mental leap for me to wrap my head around making an Animal Mansion that isn't geared towards female PCs. That's how I've always thought about it - ever since I first played the original AM in LE. But the benefits of a mod that treats both sexes more or less equally, even if the MC animations sometimes use male creatures and have the occasional "incongruity", are too significant to ignore.

What's more, supporting male PCs immediately suggests supporting female creatures when available, and that comes with its own set of advantages that are also hard to ignore. Though to do so I would need a way to keep potentially a male and female of each creature, and with the basement as it is that means a whole new headache.

This all re-raises a question that I thought I had answered a long time ago: whether to keep the existing Mansion and storyline intact. A question I would love to kick down the road... if I wasn't afraid that I might change my mind.

?

I would suggest leaving it at just male animals. I'm guessing anyone playing a male character and who installed and played the original versions of Animal Mansion didn't mind the idea of being at the receiving end of an animal dick. (I would like to see male players mounting the beasts, buss sadly no one seems to have made such animations, that I know of.)

In any case, I like the ideas that you have for rebuilding this mod. Best wishes on your progress, and I look forward to see what you come up with. :)

I will support male characters in scenes.

Ultimately I realized I was thinking of this concept in a limited scope - somewhere in my dialogue I think I wrote "a place where people can watch women having sex with animals" (give or take). This seemed obvious to me because, as I said earlier, I always thought of the Animal Mansion being about female characters. It's like "people can watch women" was the most important part of the description.

But it isn't. I was focusing on the wrong part. The most important part is the "having sex with animals". And that can work for anyone.

* I took another look through Animal Mansion/Plus and it tries to be unisex. There's still an implicit focus on women but I didn't see a lot of places where that was actually stated.

* There are just too many potential benefits not to - male players and NPCs could have a much more active role this way.

* This is A Good Thing To Do, and if I declined to do it now I know I would change my mind in the future, and this sort of change is much more than just adding some dialogue.

* I can always use the MCM to give people choices.

To make things better in the short term, I'm going to make two substantial adjustments now - instead of later when I was originally expecting to:

1. Support MNC's female creatures (when they exist). Using dogs as an example:

Spoiler

The breeder at the dog sale will have multiple male and female dogs, the scene options will be expanded to reflect the additional possibilities, and the player will take home one of each. Just like how female clients already could watch and/or have sex with the dog, male clients will have that choice as well.

2. The rooms in the basement will expand. The design and total square footage should remain the same, but the rooms will grow to take up some of the unused space in order to fit potentially two animals. (So basically, moving the interior walls.) Besides, the rooms always felt a bit too cramped and the common areas outside them a bit too spacious.

Hello, I would like to share some quest ideas.

Maybe there could be a side-quest where you are invited to perform at Thalmor embassy.

Regarding the rich investor thing: perhaps it could be tied to hostile villagers. He reaches out for you and offers to settle the troubles with angry townsfolk. Or you have to find the investor among the influental persons of Skyrim yourself (Maven Black-Briar for example).

Anyway, thanks for your work! I'm really looking forward for this mod.

What do you thing about adding group events, since animations are avaliable now? For example, after buying new dog Thaena having fun with both new dog and her Bailey? Ot those newest one, when Thaena and player can have fun with Bailey or horse.

2 hours ago, ishtvan said:

What do you thing about adding group events, since animations are avaliable now? For example, after buying new dog Thaena having fun with both new dog and her Bailey? Ot those newest one, when Thaena and player can have fun with Bailey or horse.

A little bit of that is being added to the main quests, but the main sources of group events will be side quests (eg, the Companions competition) and Mansion parties. So rest assured, there will definitely be group events.

Regarding the player and Thaena, they will not be playing with each other until some TBD milestone is reached in the romance plot.

Hi Tasairis!!

Just wanted first to say how excited i am that this mod is being re-woken and updated as i always loved this mod but felt it was never fully finished or loved. it needed more flesh and detail and immersion. 

I have a bunch of random ideas and stuff and might all be junk and silly but i wanted to at least throw it all out there just in case anything caught your eye. if not then at least i got to vent it al out hehe.

I think maybe it would be cool to have a way to find the mansion, ie a mini begining quest or story or way all be it your not adding the whole 'build it and they will cum' thing. I like how couriers contact a player asking them to visit or a NPC might be spoken to about the place in some Inn or even just a way you come across it. Maybe your  'quest triggered' when closeby the location  that you tired and looking for a place to rest and this gives you reason to 'knock on the door' so to speak.

I love canine interaction so yes please to varied canines. i love the huskies but i do like the defauly dogs too so please if possible add both. I have always had a thing for stray dog stories or kennels where the girl is seen as a bitch. So the dog sale was my favorite. I cant remember if its animal mansion or bestial essence but one of them had the mission to go to Riverwood to help Lod with his horny dog. I LOVED that mission.quest. so any thing more like that YES PLEASE! Maybe as huskies are adored by the Dawnguard then a visit to the Fortress? or a camp where you help ease their huskies? or they come to the mansion mid-journey to rest their huskies?

Trolls have really nice animations as well and make great 'pets' when calm and friendly so maybe more Troll intergration into quests or story?

Dialogue is my favorite thing in this game. I play very immersively so take my time talking to people as well as reading books and notes. I feel the best mods are those that draw you in as part of a story, not just a tool for sex. One great example is the mod ' Thief'. Really nice story. So please lots of care and TLC on NPC interaction.

I also love the Prostitution mod by Gigolo. I love serving food as well as the sex as i feel a part of the Inn and important in my role. So maybe other roles in the mansion like serving, cleaning, wood collecting, shopping at the local town ( Falkreath) . Maybe small side quests jobs to still get supplies that COULD lead to unexpected encounters on the way or in town or link into how you meet NPC's for future quests? Being so close to Falkreath i feel its a shame not to use that town more as it has a farm, cemetery, blacksmith, nice Inn, shops, pretty stream and forest. 

If you do make the mod playable for male players, could this be soemthing you choose in MCM? i ONLY play as a female so would rather not find all sorts of male player content in there breaking my flow.

I think also just making sure this updated mod is bug free and stable. I have seen so many great mods fall away or avoided simply because they are buggy, broken or bad for any load order or conflicts. 

I have so much more i can say and ideas filling my head but so far, thank you and i am excited to see where this goes. :)

One thing I would like to add for consideration:

I never used the previous Animal Mansion, because it was overwriting some NPCs. I had gone into great lengths with various NPC mods to make them look nice, and now this was overwriting them back to some default looks just because it was adding factions to them or whatever.

It would be good if the NPCs could be left alone. Somehow ...