Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

20 hours ago, tasairis said:

Well, one exception: I'm changing Bailey to be a husky. I hope people aren't too attached to him as a plain gray mutt. Figured he should be something special.

No reaction to this? Not that I expected it to be a particularly controversial change.

20 hours ago, tasairis said:

Of course. They're inherently hostile to the Dragonborn so there will have to be some excuse for (consensual) interactions, but it'll happen somehow.

should i send over my stockpile of edited dragon voice files?

25 minutes ago, tasairis said:

No reaction to this? Not that I expected it to be a particularly controversial change.

meh, i was never a fan of the stock skyrim dog.

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

Yeah. But there are a bunch of mods that can create problems with scripted situations: Aroused Creatures, Approach, Attraction, Scent of Sex, Random Sex...

It's not simple to just "integrate" with them though. They don't have a "disable mod when X" feature. Like, I can't put keywords on an actor or cell that those mods can identify and know to ignore. The only option is to handle it with Papyrus scripting, as in "when the player enters the mansion then disable stuff, and when the player leaves then enable stuff", but that means some complexity that isn't going to be foolproof. I also just don't want to be restrictive like that.

Can't guarantee specifics, but I believe several of the listed mods try to avoid interrupting things by either seeing if the PC is involved in a named scene, or if the deviously helpless flag is active.  I've been led to believe that the flag has evolved to be a "disable when X" feature for a bunch of these types of mods, but I don't know the specifics of using it in a mod as a soft dependency.

Aroused Creatures specifically is usually good at not triggering during things like a Defeat event, and I only have issues with it with a handful of specific mods - which lends me to believe it is likely those old mods that forgot to properly flag their scenes so AC can know to not trigger.  Honestly, the AC scripts seem to be very well commented, so you could probably figure out how it detects the player being occupied by browsing through them.

7 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Can't guarantee specifics, but I believe several of the listed mods try to avoid interrupting things by either seeing if the PC is involved in a named scene, or if the deviously helpless flag is active.

Consider Animal Mansion's basement with Aroused Creatures: simply being down there puts you at risk (depending on configuration) for being assaulted by a creature. Especially during parties.

What we really need is a convention of keywords dictating things that can and cannot be done in particular situations. There's an established albeit uncommon practice to inject simple forms (like keywords) into Update.esm as a way of reusing them between mods without having to establish a hard dependency on some shared ESP. It's a clever trick that would handle this situation perfectly.

For example, say there was a "no random events" keyword that could be attached to cells/locations or actors. Any compatible mod could support that, and likely without too much work, by not choosing actors who have that keyword or are in a cell/location with it.

I'm honestly tempted to just kinda do it and establish that precedence myself.

I've been led to believe that the flag has evolved to be a "disable when X" feature for a bunch of these types of mods, but I don't know the specifics of using it in a mod as a soft dependency.

It's easy enough to check for the presence of keywords through Papyrus, so soft dependencies only needing that are fine, but applying keywords... I'm not sure how that could be done. Worst (and I think most likely) case it's not possible; fortunately SE has ESPLs.

Aroused Creatures specifically is usually good at not triggering during things like a Defeat event, and I only have issues with it with a handful of specific mods - which lends me to believe it is likely those old mods that forgot to properly flag their scenes so AC can know to not trigger.  Honestly, the AC scripts seem to be very well commented, so you could probably figure out how it detects the player being occupied by browsing through them.

Defeat benefits from the fact that the player/actor is in combat (most mods account for that) and knocked down, who then transitions into a SexLab scene (which means they will fail an IsValidActor check). It's almost a freebie.

AC is one of the most significant mods that could cause problems here so I'll be sure to take a look at it.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

You're doing them for the one mod, right? Is it like a quest/story mod?

just SexLab Dragons, i have many more lines then needed because i was fighting for around 1-2 years trying to come up with coherent sex based dialogue lines.

many of them came out cringey as can be but there are some fun combinations to be had, Eg:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121168-i-want-to-win-a-day-fucker/?tab=comments#comment-2601444

Hi Tasairis,

I do not know, what your plans for the basement are, but i think it is not an ideal solution to have a basement , where all animals are.

On the one hand it is a big empty room. You just have to go through it to the "show room/party room". Often the animal leave their place and stay whereever they were finished with their "task".

On the other hand the basement is still to smal for all the other animals you would want to implement into the mod. To make the basement bigger, and then again bigger, needs time you could invest with something different. Bigger basement leads to more walking time^^.

So, how about to have one or even several party rooms and one or severeal show rooms ( for different emploees, do not know, what your plans are). All the animals could be teleported from a hidden location, or just spawned for the "job," into the show room/party room, as soon as you get the quest. If you want to have fun with a specific animal, use a radiant quest to spawn/teleport it to the show room (needs to be created).

On 5/12/2020 at 12:21 AM, tasairis said:

Trying to understand what you mean by "multistage". Is the horse quest a reasonable example of that? Or, how would you improve one of the other quests?

Bestial Essence has been mentioned a number of times now. I'll have to look into it.

So basically, you like how Riding Styles adds a (sexual) side-effect to some otherwise normal thing? Do you have an example for what sort of thing that could do here?

I thought Fill Her Up was basically a side-effect that's added across the game. Are you talking specifically about its v2 quest whatever thing? Can you tell me more about it and what kind of role the concept could play here?

late reply,sorry

multistage: quests with several stages with have some build up throughout the stages, yes the horse quest is an example, should be even extended: the horse runs away, you need to hunt it down again, you need a follower to help you, the horse then "ambush" you and your follower .... after some orgy horses are exhausted can you can bring them to the mansion

riding styles: yes, as including riding styles is probaly not possible, I could think about giving some normal things a kinky twist, e.g. cooking for the Jarl and you decide to collect some special integredients, or you try to find allies for an ambush of a big bandit camp but no-one want's to support you, but you can "pursuade" some animals

fill her up: was basically already answered here, you could add a feature / quests making the mansion also an animal semen collection / trading / distribution company where you are practically the transportation vessel, maybe some of that transport missions go wrong ... 

41 minutes ago, monty359 said:

I do not know, what your plans for the basement are, but i think it is not an ideal solution to have a basement , where all animals are.

I think tasairis plans to create a biom system for the animals, which is much more complex and immersive then the original basement.

I had the similar problem in AMP (or AMR?) as you, when the animals refused to leave the party room after the party... was really annoying to "moveto player" them back to their rooms. But I believe tasairis is going to fix this anyway.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:05 AM, MadMansGun said:

just SexLab Dragons, i have many more lines then needed because i was fighting for around 1-2 years trying to come up with coherent sex based dialogue lines.

many of them came out cringey as can be but there are some fun combinations to be had, Eg:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121168-i-want-to-win-a-day-fucker/?tab=comments#comment-2601444

So I was listening to that and thinking how good it sounds and how it compares to AA's edited dialogue... And then I had this sudden thought of Paarthurnax's VA and Odahviing's VA (both named Charles, incidentally) standing in a recording studio, looking in each other's eyes, and saying these lines ?

On 5/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, monty359 said:

It is not ideal, no. But it makes sense for an inn. Kinda.

Anyway, I do have plans.

On the one hand it is a big empty room. You just have to go through it to the "show room/party room". Often the animal leave their place and stay whereever they were finished with their "task".

I'm redoing actors AIs, so I'll make sure to be careful about sending them back to their "pens".

On the other hand the basement is still to smal for all the other animals you would want to implement into the mod. To make the basement bigger, and then again bigger, needs time you could invest with something different. Bigger basement leads to more walking time^^.

Yeah, the basement as a concept doesn't work very well. Good news: my plans do not involve basements.

So, how about to have one or even several party rooms and one or severeal show rooms ( for different emploees, do not know, what your plans are). All the animals could be teleported from a hidden location, or just spawned for the "job," into the show room/party room, as soon as you get the quest. If you want to have fun with a specific animal, use a radiant quest to spawn/teleport it to the show room (needs to be created).

I won't be redesigning the current ? mansion, but besides the animal pens I was also thinking about changing how rooms work: party room, show rooms, stuff like that. But this is a ways off in the future.

But no teleporting. I hate teleporting. The animals will get where they need to go in a normal way.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, pinaman said:

multistage: quests with several stages with have some build up throughout the stages, yes the horse quest is an example, should be even extended: the horse runs away, you need to hunt it down again, you need a follower to help you, the horse then "ambush" you and your follower .... after some orgy horses are exhausted can you can bring them to the mansion

I don't want to make it too complicated, but I can certainly do more than "to go location, fuck animal(s), acquire animals, go home".

riding styles: yes, as including riding styles is probaly not possible, I could think about giving some normal things a kinky twist, e.g. cooking for the Jarl and you decide to collect some special integredients, or you try to find allies for an ambush of a big bandit camp but no-one want's to support you, but you can "pursuade" some animals

Kinky twists on normal things. Got it.

fill her up: was basically already answered here, you could add a feature / quests making the mansion also an animal semen collection / trading / distribution company where you are practically the transportation vessel, maybe some of that transport missions go wrong ... 

Oof. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it's going to have to wait a while.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, BaronNiki said:

I think tasairis plans to create a biom system for the animals, which is much more complex and immersive then the original basement.

Correct. Somehow. The logistics are complicated so I'm still thinking about how to do it.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, BaronNiki said:

I had the similar problem in AMP (or AMR?) as you, when the animals refused to leave the party room after the party... was really annoying to "moveto player" them back to their rooms. But I believe tasairis is going to fix this anyway.

Yes, I too have had a recurring problem where the horse never leaves the party room. And a few other things, like spiders stuck in their animation's final stage (not sure AM was at fault for this), or party animals having this black tint as if they were covered in soot.

So yeah, the occasional problem here and there, but fortunately nothing that was too intrusive or couldn't be fixed with the console.

21 hours ago, Koji222 said:

i'm really hoping for male support, for the rest i'm looking forward for it, it seems promising.

I'm using "lack of sufficient animations" as my main excuse for that, but as has already been pointed out, I could support followers in lieu of the player. I just... I don't want to have to rewrite so much dialogue...

Sigh. But I know it'll be better to do it now than to fix everything later... Ugh. I need to think about this before I do anything else ?

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

So I was listening to that and thinking how good it sounds and how it compares to AA's edited dialogue... And then I had this sudden thought of Paarthurnax's VA and Odahviing's VA (both named Charles, incidentally) standing in a recording studio, looking in each other's eyes, and saying these lines

and then it gets extra weird when you realize that one of them is mario :tounge_xd:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8664-super-paario/

43 minutes ago, tasairis said:

like spiders stuck in their animation's final stage

that should be fixed with the newest version of the FNIS creature pack (but you may need to delete & remake all hkx files in the spider's behavior folder because the error is/was contagious)

39 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I'm using lack of sufficient animations as my main excuse for that, but as has already been pointed out, I could support followers in lieu of the player. I just... I don't want to have to rewrite so much dialogue...

...yea, i don't know how i would penetrate a spider, there are no holes to stick it....maybe just use the female's anal animations on the males?

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

..yea, i don't know how i would penetrate a spider, there are no holes to stick it....maybe just use the female's anal animations on the males?

Well as weird as this is spiders do have a spinneret and a game called corruption of champions you can penetrate a driders (half spider half human) spinneret.

23 hours ago, tasairis said:

Sigh. But I know it'll be better to do it now than to fix everything later... Ugh. I need to think about this before I do anything else ?

I'll do it. I know I want to at some point, and I know that it would take a whole lot of work to take a theoretically-complete AMX and rewrite it for males/followers, so I really should start on it now. Ugh.

At least it's not like writing the dialogue is an unpleasant experience.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:38 PM, tasairis said:

I don't want to make it too complicated, but I can certainly do more than "to go location, fuck animal(s), acquire animals, go home".

Kinky twists on normal things. Got it.

Oof. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it's going to have to wait a while.

I assume most people here are just happy that somebody picked up the mod idea and they want to contribute ideas, naturally some of the ideas are kind of requests to implement their special kink but in the end it's your mod and you decide.

I futher assume that AMR failed because of some very ambitious plans, so it would be better to start small and simple and evolve from there.

happy to provide futher ideas but I think you already have some good ideas yourself and nothing is better than playing a mod and being surprised :)

cheers

On 5/18/2020 at 2:14 AM, pinaman said:

I assume most people here are just happy that somebody picked up the mod idea and they want to contribute ideas, naturally some of the ideas are kind of requests to implement their special kink but in the end it's your mod and you decide.

I futher assume that AMR failed because of some very ambitious plans, so it would be better to start small and simple and evolve from there.

happy to provide futher ideas but I think you already have some good ideas yourself and nothing is better than playing a mod and being surprised :)

cheers

AMR never seemed to work properly. The quests would skip one another and break itself. Im not sure if the author added much to the story other than a painfully annoying build process which he finally let you "skip" but the quests would break soon after. The author then wanted to only sell it past a certain version which Did not function much better to my understanding. Keeping this mod from overly tedious and annoying tasks is probably the best way to go.

Basically correct.

Some things in the mansion were added/altered in AMR but the majority of the additions to the mod were linked to the building phase.

Couple in the fact that he deliberately prohibited cheating and also deliberately set the mod to throw errors when certain other (prominent) mods are loaded ...

Here's an idea, I don't know how feasible it would be, link it with Being a cow:

Spoiler

where the player, once flagged as changing into a cow receives a message from messenger that she needs to go to the mansion, when she gets there they have a Bull outside in a pen that needs to breed:

Spoiler

She can then be enticed/forced to breed, and afterwards, there is the other options inside the mansion...