Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

25 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Please no. Do not use any download I post in this thread in a real game that you want to continue playing.

You can install it in a "real" save that you don't then continue to play normally, or you can make a new save, or do whatever else, but I will be occasionally breaking compatibility as I go. Like the next release will be an ESM with new files and new form IDs and so will not be compatible with any existing saves. And while theoretically it would be safe to use a save cleaner to delete stuff, I can't promise it actually is safe.

I appreciate the frank reply. I will be keeping an eye on this project though! Good luck on your project, it will really help this old mod I think.

6 minutes ago, unwashed biomass said:

There are some new anims:

That feature FFCC and female/werewolf/wolf animations (easily converted by CAO to SSE), I wonder if they could be immersivelly supported by Mansion.

Wait? Arn't those for oldrim?

my bad you wrote they could easily be converted...

6 hours ago, Mauserl said:

Suggestion: with Sheep Flocks patch for MNC SE - Downloads - SexLab Framework SE - LoversLab making sheep meshes now available, do you plan an optional plugin that lets us actually find a sheep/ram?

Mihail's stuff is... well, there's been some drama, and I'm not sure it's all been resolved yet, but in principle,

Mihail's stuff is certainly eligible to be considered here. Would be a lot nicer if he bundled some together, but individual and specific mods could go on the todo list - after BDIC.

6 hours ago, Mauserl said:

Also I remember some of the radiant jobs from older versions being incompatible with OpenCities, either moving the events in front of the city gates or an optional patch could help here.

The (few) quests that come to my mind now are all either in interiors or in custom locations accessible from the Tamriel worldspace, but I think I can work with a "don't add stuff to city worldspaces" guideline. If push comes to shove then I can do a patch.

5 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

There are some new anims:

That feature FFCC and female/werewolf/wolf animations (easily converted by CAO to SSE), I wonder if they could be immersivelly supported by Mansion.

In the case of werewolves, right now the only place using their animations is the Companions party:

- For the FC(wolf)C(werewolf) animation, I could totally add that in because it makes obvious sense. It wasn't already there simply because my "base" set of mods (MNC, Anubs, Billyy) don't have any similar animations themselves.

- For the FFCC animation, it doesn't quite make sense because the way the werewolf animations are used is as a "reward" to the winner - so only one F there, but I do have an additional feature to the party planned in the not-near-but-foreseeable future where this would make sense. So I'll keep it in mind when I get to that part.

Naturally, side quests involving werewolves could totally use one or both, however I haven't yet started planning any of those quests: werewolves are somewhat planned as an unlockable creature so the side quests would wait until that happens.

All that aside, on the subject of using the Animal Mansion as a sort of zoo with creatures available to use, I should support having the player tell a creature (eg, wolf) to follow them for a bit so they can both go to another room (eg, werewolf) and set up an FCC animation that way. Probably need some mechanism to inform the player that it's been detected to be possible - like a button on the wolf popup that says "Let's visit another room" with some informational thing that says which other animals can participate in a three-way. Going to be real fun trying to identify what those eligible creatures are... Anyway, add that to my todo list.

2 hours ago, Koji222 said:

hello, i just installed this mod and i have a small problem, the quest and everything works except for bailey, it doesn't appear, it says his name and everything but he is invisible.

Also check that you don't have anything overwriting some of the husky Armor and/or Armor Addon records.

If not that, check in CF that you're using MNC for the husky (companion) race - or if you have Animal SOS, make sure you have that one patch ESP. Anything else besides those two could cause problems.

6 hours ago, tasairis said:

Also check that you don't have anything overwriting some of the husky Armor and/or Armor Addon records.

If not that, check in CF that you're using MNC for the husky (companion) race - or if you have Animal SOS, make sure you have that one patch ESP. Anything else besides those two could cause problems.

I do belive if you use loot select Animal Mansion and the 3 dot's next to the mod thier will be group by Default set it to High Priority Overrides (Should) solve the problem, hopefully

Example

Screenshot (18).png

hi hate to be a pain but ive come across a problem where ive completed the horses quest and then ive got no new quests after that ive tried reloading and i pressed that zoo refresh thing to see if that would help but nothing has so far im just wondering has it glitched out a little or do i have to wait a certain amount of time for the next quest. apologies if ive posted this in the wrong thread 

1 hour ago, DragonDweller611 said:

hi hate to be a pain but ive come across a problem where ive completed the horses quest and then ive got no new quests after that ive tried reloading and i pressed that zoo refresh thing to see if that would help but nothing has so far im just wondering has it glitched out a little or do i have to wait a certain amount of time for the next quest. apologies if ive posted this in the wrong thread 

See the first post:

On 5/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, tasairis said:

Completed:

• Prologue/introduction quest
  • Main story: first two quests (dogs, horses)
  • Preliminary MCM

Thanks for playing so far, please wait for the next update where I'll be adding 3 more quests.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:24 AM, tasairis said:

I considered doing it randomly (leveled lists) but I never heard anybody saying they actually liked the old gray mutt model, so I've been using only the GSD/Husky models.

I have 3 Mesh/Textures for Golden Retrievers, Black Labradors and Chocolate Labradors that replace the original hounds (inc Bailey and Stump).

These don't appear to be a fully developed mod, just the mesh/textures (possibly taken from Sims and a WIP port to SSE - Can't credit the original creator or find a finalised/complete mod - just a random Google find!).  If anyone has the actual mod/credit I'd appreciate the link.  At the moment I can only have 1 active by replacing the .nif files for the MNC Canine and having all the textures in the appropriate data/textures/actor directory. 

Also, my modding skills are limited so if anyone could advise on a way to randomly allocate a type to each dog (but remember them after first allocation) or menu options for at least the named dogs maybe?

They look great in-game and the meshes have the appropriate options for them to work in the context of AM (or they at least work for the mod-list and animations I have).

For anyone stuck with the original hound, there is a good mod on Nexus (nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6839) that improves the textures considerably - although again you are restricted to one style, set when the mod is installed - a random allocation would have been great.

I have an idea in regards to the "corruption" stuff that is in the "consideration" category, though it is more a form of convincing and persuasion.

How about you could convince some NPCs to have sex with animals and then possibly recruit them or tell them about the Animal Mansion? 2 NPCs I had in mind are Annekke Crag Jumper and Olfina Gray Mine. Olfina could be remarking that Jon Battle Born is not good in bed or that she's starting to lose her feelings towards him for a myriad of reasons and so you could bring Bailey with you and she could try banging him and then liking it in the process. Since this would also lead to Olfina basically dumping Jon, she could maybe also become a marriage candidate or something.

With Annekke, she's basically yearning for adventure so again, same thing here: offer recruitment to the mansion by bringing Bailey, giving Annekke a taste of bestiality as her husband is very restricting towards her. Considering she's also a part of Amorous Adventures and integration with it is planned, one could have a recruitment or something questline for Annekke after her AA questline.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:55 AM, albiondave said:

These don't appear to be a fully developed mod, just the mesh/textures (possibly taken from Sims and a WIP port to SSE - Can't credit the original creator or find a finalised/complete mod - just a random Google find!).  If anyone has the actual mod/credit I'd appreciate the link.  At the moment I can only have 1 active by replacing the .nif files for the MNC Canine and having all the textures in the appropriate data/textures/actor directory. 

Also, my modding skills are limited so if anyone could advise on a way to randomly allocate a type to each dog (but remember them after first allocation) or menu options for at least the named dogs maybe?

Can't quite do it that way. The game supports doing one of two things at any given moment: pick a specific dog with a specific appearance, or pick a random dog from a list. And right now, most everything will be picking a specific dog. Changing to use a random dog would mean having to update everything that uses the first option and switching to the second.

In a little more detail, what you'd have to do is set up three dog NPC base records, one for each of the "skins", and then add them to a leveled NPC list (which is where the randomness happens), and then substitute that list in for places that otherwise try to spawn a dog directly. So what it does now is say "oh, this is supposed to be dog #3", and after it would go "oh, this is supposed to be a dog from this list, and this list has X dogs in it, so I'll pick one randomly from it and get... dog #2".

If the textures are nice and the mod has open permissions, I could pick one to use for Bailey (to give him a unique appearance), and I could possibly give the two adopted dogs other skins...

On 1/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, MisutaOtoko said:

How about you could convince some NPCs to have sex with animals and then possibly recruit them or tell them about the Animal Mansion? 2 NPCs I had in mind are Annekke Crag Jumper and Olfina Gray Mine. Olfina could be remarking that Jon Battle Born is not good in bed or that she's starting to lose her feelings towards him for a myriad of reasons and so you could bring Bailey with you and she could try banging him and then liking it in the process. Since this would also lead to Olfina basically dumping Jon, she could maybe also become a marriage candidate or something.

I've mentioned elsewhere that bringing NPCs to work in the Mansion is something I want to avoid because that means pulling them away from their regular activities. However having followers work wouldn't have that problem because their characters are made to be able to go wherever without breaking anything - or at least the breaking part is done by the time the ability to hire/recruit them is available.

With that said, the client system (which, if I haven't mentioned, will pull in actual NPCs from the world instead of creating new ones) is going to be rather flexible, and I can definitely see some sort of mechanism whereby you suggest to an NPC that they should visit, yadda yadda yadda, they show up one day. Also, by using actual NPCs, that means persistence of actions that happen inside the Mansion - for example, you could talk to an NPC at their usual location after you have previously served them as a client back in the Mansion. In fact, given that regular NPCs will be "marked" as having been a client, there are all sorts of different things you could do with them outside the Mansion...

On 1/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, MisutaOtoko said:

With Annekke, she's basically yearning for adventure so again, same thing here: offer recruitment to the mansion by bringing Bailey, giving Annekke a taste of bestiality as her husband is very restricting towards her. Considering she's also a part of Amorous Adventures and integration with it is planned, one could have a recruitment or something questline for Annekke after her AA questline.

This is a little more personalized than I would like to try to plan for now (because I also recognize this could be done at any point in the future), but theoretically yes, there could be something along those lines.

A simpler example: generic dialogue for all NPCs to consider visiting the Mansion, use it with Annekke so she thinks about it, she "decides" to go after all (possibly sending you a letter by courier saying "I thought about it and I'm interested, I'll go, would you like to meet me there?"), you find her in the Mansion and serve her, she "decides" she's interested and the odds of her coming back go up. That allows you to "suggest" NPCs to the client system rather than have to wait until they are randomly selected.

A simple related example: radiant side quest locates an NPC who has (1) visited the Mansion and (2) are available as a follower, it chooses Annekke, she has a "preference" for some animal as determined randomly or as a result of her being a client or whatever, quest has the two of you go off somewhere to do something.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Can't quite do it that way. The game supports doing one of two things at any given moment: pick a specific dog with a specific appearance, or pick a random dog from a list. And right now, most everything will be picking a specific dog. Changing to use a random dog would mean having to update everything that uses the first option and switching to the second.

In a little more detail, what you'd have to do is set up three dog NPC base records, one for each of the "skins", and then add them to a leveled NPC list (which is where the randomness happens), and then substitute that list in for places that otherwise try to spawn a dog directly. So what it does now is say "oh, this is supposed to be dog #3", and after it would go "oh, this is supposed to be a dog from this list, and this list has X dogs in it, so I'll pick one randomly from it and get... dog #2".

If the textures are nice and the mod has open permissions, I could pick one to use for Bailey (to give him a unique appearance), and I could possibly give the two adopted dogs other skins...

Would be happy to share but cannot confirm that the work has open permissions or not I'm afraid.

I've been searching around for the source and all I can find is this youtube link...  (won't actually embed it) .../watch?v=NYZxwvlvDVo

This video only showcasing other peoples' mods, rather than the posters, and the link in the comments is only to a, now missing, google drive folder, so I am none the wiser as to the identity of the actual creator.

9 hours ago, albiondave said:

Would be happy to share but cannot confirm that the work has open permissions or not I'm afraid.

I've been searching around for the source and all I can find is this youtube link...  (won't actually embed it) .../watch?v=NYZxwvlvDVo

This video only showcasing other peoples' mods, rather than the posters, and the link in the comments is only to a, now missing, google drive folder, so I am none the wiser as to the identity of the actual creator.

I can't find a source either. Can find various degrees of confirmation that it existed at some point (seems it has an ESP so it might not be a plain replacer), but no mod itself. May have been privately shared, and/or on one of those Chinese modding sites.

31 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I can't find a source either. Can find various degrees of confirmation that it existed at some point (seems it has an ESP so it might not be a plain replacer), but no mod itself. May have been privately shared, and/or on one of those Chinese modding sites.

I started work on, shall we  call it an 'unofficial upgrade' , to put a new unique dog into the player's bedroom in AM+.

Skills are limited  but the plan is ultimately to have two differently textured dogs (the ideal being control from MCM but probably just lift & drop the meshes manually to change their appearance).

Hoping to work out how to tap into Bailey's dialog options (or clone and edit) and then see if I can create the dialog triggers for FFC & FCC animation(s).

This is my first play with the creation kit and papyrus but doesn't seem that difficult.

4 minutes ago, albiondave said:

I started work on, shall we  call it an 'unofficial upgrade' , to put a new unique dog into the player's bedroom in AM+.

Skills are limited  but the plan is ultimately to have two differently textured dogs (the ideal being control from MCM but probably just lift & drop the meshes manually to change their appearance).

Hoping to work out how to tap into Bailey's dialog options (or clone and edit) and then see if I can create the dialog triggers for FFC & FCC animation(s).

This is my first play with the creation kit and papyrus but doesn't seem that difficult.

Probably not difficult, but it will be a bit of a chore. Fortunately Bailey doesn't have a whole lot of things associated with him.

There is another approach you can use: use Papyrus to alter Bailey's skin. Skins are basically just armors, so if you can add the armor to the game, you can use Papyrus to switch him between it and the original using ActorBase.SetSkin. Note it would need to be reapplied every time the game starts up - that sort of thing doesn't get stored in the save file since it's not supposed to change like this.

Although I'm not sure why you want a second dog. Why not just replace Bailey? Is there a need to be able to switch between them inside the game?

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Probably not difficult, but it will be a bit of a chore. Fortunately Bailey doesn't have a whole lot of things associated with him.

There is another approach you can use: use Papyrus to alter Bailey's skin. Skins are basically just armors, so if you can add the armor to the game, you can use Papyrus to switch him between it and the original using ActorBase.SetSkin. Note it would need to be reapplied every time the game starts up - that sort of thing doesn't get stored in the save file since it's not supposed to change like this.

Although I'm not sure why you want a second dog. Why not just replace Bailey? Is there a need to be able to switch between them inside the game?

Only for immersion purposes.   Bailey is Thaena's dog, my character should have her own.

Plus, I think it's a reasonably manageable exercise in learning how to do it.    Especially since I want to see if I can integrate the triggers for other animations.

1 minute ago, albiondave said:

Only for immersion purposes.   Bailey is Thaena's dog, my character should have her own.

Plus, I think it's a reasonably manageable exercise in learning how to do it.    Especially since I want to see if I can integrate the triggers for other animations.

Ohhh, I see, it is another dog and it works like Bailey. I couldn't figure out why half of your post said it was a new dog and half sounded like you said you were changing him.

That makes much more sense.