Venus Vacation Mod Manager v1.4 / Mod Maker v0.7

Venus Vacation Mod Maker v0.7.1

05.jpg.e0d7d413bcf5775d68969211243b5a9d.jpg

Here's a tutorial on how to make visual menus for mods using Mod Maker.

Part 1: Creating the menu

Spoiler

Part 2: Menu parameters

Spoiler

Part 3: Menu types

Spoiler

Part 4: Commandlists and menu icons

Spoiler

Part 5: Menu save and load

Spoiler

Part 6: Menu conditions

Spoiler

Part 7: Namespace use

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD: ModMaker_0.7.1.rar

Venus Vacation Resolution Patcher

res_patcher.jpg.1eb85809548b85ddb17bf72088b51096.jpg

A little tool to patch DOAX_VV.exe to support more resolutions. Simply choose which default resolution to change. The DOAX_VV.exe will be backed up as DOAX_VV_backup.exe.

patcher.png.af60eb8798dd4aa89ff8ef6ace8eb24a.png

DOWNLOAD:  vv_res_patcher.exe

===============================================================

Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_Venus_Vacation_cover2.jpg

patcher2.png

Edited by avenger54

This sounds like a nice idea since the process of getting the mods to work seems a bit complicated for new members who dont know how to start.

I will look at it. (will it run at win7?)

I have some ideas and notes, but I will see how it works first^^

7 hours ago, avenger54 said:

You can create a preview picture for the mod and put it in the mod's folder (preview.jpg, will resize to 180x180) and add mod's description (modinfo.txt). The information will be used by Mod Manager to show the info about selected mod.

I'm interested in feedback about this feature. Is it needed? Is it need to be changed in some way?

I like the start of this, a good chunk of the issues I see asked in my thread are generally related to mod-conflicts, but shortly after that used to be how to install mods properly (mine requires a specific relative path for the mod-packs and framework to integrate with each other properly. I don't have any preference with what is used for the preview and modinfo but I do feel the inclusion of the feature in some capacity is ideal. It'll also let you gauge the adoption of your "format."

Let me know if/when you would like to integrate with mod-packs for Costume Customizer so we can identify things that I should ensure stay stable.

Very nice! I'll have my input on modinfo then :)

It would be nice to have either a scrolling option or a button to open full description in other window/call a text editor since current space is quite small.

Maybe add a few parameters that can be defined by the modinfo and displayed above description window? Like authors, version or name of the mod.

Or even by defining a mod name and folder, the name will replace folder name in manager tree view: let's say I have a mod with "abcdfg" folder but it will appear as "Big Ass Tits" in manager.

EDIT: Also, multiple preview images, with a button to switch between them?

8 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Let me know if/when you would like to integrate with mod-packs for Costume Customizer so we can identify things that I should ensure stay stable.

Yeah, stuff like CC support should definitely be added at some point. I'll think about how it can be done.

6 hours ago, etsorhtt said:

It would be nice to have either a scrolling option or a button to open full description in other window/call a text editor since current space is quite small.

Maybe add a few parameters that can be defined by the modinfo and displayed above description window? Like authors, version or name of the mod.

Or even by defining a mod name and folder, the name will replace folder name in manager tree view: let's say I have a mod with "abcdfg" folder but it will appear as "Big Ass Tits" in manager.

I had scroll for text window initially but it was really big and kinda ugly, but it can be implemented, yes. In the future I was thinking about transitioning from WinForms to WPF so it'll be possible to an actually nice looking GUI.

I like the idea of showing names, I think it should be rather easy to implement.

It's a really cool idea, but at least for my kind of modding it seems too limited at its current state. With minazukis mods however it will be much more fitting since you only have to active an deactive them and then swith through different styles by pressing a button.

I have different options for the costumes which I dont want to have switched everytime I press the "change" button.

ModManager.jpg.f091e0a801246330eca0469ad0038ba2.jpg

The preview option is nice to go over the language barrier which gives different japanes and english suit names. As long as we got the preview, the name of the suit is irrelevant! But sadly I dont get these kind of preview images for all suits. only for the ones I own. I haven't found a way to extract them from the game files itself yet (and I dont think there is a way since it decrypted so much).

Definitly a cool idea. Let's see, maybe we can find a way to adress my issues (mod related...?)

Best without me having to redo and/or rewrite all my mods xD

(I could make a separate folder for every mod version. That way I could have a small preview picture for every version, but it would make the files way bigger because i would have to use the same objects files in different folders, which share the same folder in my current state)

1 hour ago, knight77 said:

(I could make a separate folder for every mod version.

Well, that's the easiest way to do it I think.

1 hour ago, knight77 said:

but it would make the files way bigger because i would have to use the same objects files in different folders, which share the same folder in my current state

The easy workaround is to keep resource files one level above the ini folders. All you need to do is to add ..\ before the name of a resource file.

venus.png.a43d6909fb2468184a5bbf59a76a6a99.png

This way you can get all the benefits with minimal efforts. I think in the future I can add an "enable this disable all other in the folder" button which can be convenient for such cases and for body textures for example.

43 minutes ago, avenger54 said:

The easy workaround is to keep resource files one level above the ini folders. All you need to do is to add ..\ before the name of a resource file.

Ok cool, didnt know I can link to a folder above. Thought I can only link to something deeper inside the folder structure. This can help.

With that I can work, I think. Still some re-organizing to do, but with the mod manager, a lot of players will enjoy that.

A more accurate preview image field would still be a good thing since a lot of complaints in my thread were that they needed preview pictures of the costume and mod.

So I made concept images on how it could look like:

Spoiler

ModManager_concept04.jpg.8b284f69f826c07b1bb64510b18ee9d4.jpgModManager_concept03.jpg.5ddd6d674a0196e14d4fb1a8eec877d4.jpgModManager_concept02.jpg.b266d474ec35f3b855f285f9456f4ecd.jpgModManager_concept01.jpg.493187cad2b7a94be3a2ef96ed36def8.jpg

It would be cool if the costume icon could be allways displayed in that small preview frame, while in a bigger one you can see what is actual changed. In the example there is only a small preview image, but it could be double as wide now, to show front and back in one image.

(I really think a second bigger preview image can help explain without words what the mod is about, while the first smaller preview image shows the original or what/where it is. For example for other categories like "Tanlines", "Hair" or the Location mods I made, it would be good to see the original object that is going to be altered with the mod and then the actual change by the mod. Since there are so many different languages using these mods - german, english, russian, japanese, chinese - it would be most effective to tell most via pictures)

Might that be possible?

(going to bed for tonight. will test you latest tips tomorrow)

12 minutes ago, knight77 said:

Might that be possible?

Technically it's super simple to do. The problem here is how much space will be unused for mods which don't have any preview/description.

Spoiler

mm.jpg.54eb4db7a25b6942e3f86d5f4423a0b3.jpg

This doesn't look good at all. But maybe I'll find a way to expand a window somehow for bigger preview or something. I'm still learning about what you can and can't do with WinForms.

16 minutes ago, kassarc16 said:

Managing INI files as well as folders wouldn't be difficult, I'd assume.

I guess so but it'll bring some complications. The mod tree will be rather bloated with all those ini files. Creating previews and description for ini will be more difficult. It'll mess with double clicking to turn the mod on/off (god knows why didn't I include this feature right from the start). It'll also be confusing for people who aren't very expirienced with VV mods. 

1 hour ago, avenger54 said:

Technically it's super simple to do. The problem here is how much space will be unused for mods which don't have any preview/description.

Hide contents

mm.jpg.54eb4db7a25b6942e3f86d5f4423a0b3.jpg

This doesn't look good at all. But maybe I'll find a way to expand a window somehow for bigger preview or something. I'm still learning about what you can and can't do with WinForms.

It might not look good when empty (you might add filler images when there is not overwriting real context, which tells for what the space is for) but it looks good when there is all the info.

(Even though I said I am going to bed) I am now extracting the costume icons via 3dmigoto.

When doing a frame analysis of just the "UI" while you are in costume slection mode, it will extract a great image of the the suits. All .dds files with the hash: "-ps-t0=7639f834.dds" will be suits with transparent background. Only someone who actually got the suit can do that, but it can help filling the small preview frame for every mod (the image is 256x256 pixels)

Example of exctrated suit icons:

Spoiler

1807439032_SSR_Venus_Ayane_Icon-ps-t07639f834.png.7a4fa668f15f44ef5c7001b9b2f0a45a.png361644737_SSR_Birthday_Ayane_Tamaki_Icon-ps-t07639f834.png.135b63ed205fd579f5e46959d1fe1f8c.png

(If the community is willing to help extract these files, I could make organized, good looking mod preview files for every mod I made)

9 hours ago, knight77 said:

It might not look good when empty (you might add filler images when there is not overwriting real context, which tells for what the space is for) but it looks good when there is all the info.

(Even though I said I am going to bed) I am now extracting the costume icons via 3dmigoto.

When doing a frame analysis of just the "UI" while you are in costume slection mode, it will extract a great image of the the suits. All .dds files with the hash: "-ps-t0=7639f834.dds" will be suits with transparent background. Only someone who actually got the suit can do that, but it can help filling the small preview frame for every mod (the image is 256x256 pixels)

Example of exctrated suit icons:

Reveal hidden contents

1807439032_SSR_Venus_Ayane_Icon-ps-t07639f834.png.7a4fa668f15f44ef5c7001b9b2f0a45a.png361644737_SSR_Birthday_Ayane_Tamaki_Icon-ps-t07639f834.png.135b63ed205fd579f5e46959d1fe1f8c.png

(If the community is willing to help extract these files, I could make organized, good looking mod preview files for every mod I made)

Someone extracted all icons from the game files last october. Here are all the swimsuit icons from that batch: Swimsuit Icons.zip

48 minutes ago, IceTree5 said:

Someone extracted all icons from the game files last october. Here are all the swimsuit icons from that batch: Swimsuit Icons.zip

Thanks. Is there a thread for that or another more recent update? Because I allways need these files for the newest suits and I only get a new SSR every few weeks.

Ideal way as I see it would be to base the manager entirely on .ini files insted of folders, with a way for mods that use multiple .ini files to list them inside one of them along with mod name to handle them as "one" by manager.

Of course ensuring that people will adopt this kind of system is the other thing..

21 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

Ideal way as I see it would be to base the manager entirely on .ini files insted of folders, with a way for mods that use multiple .ini files to list them inside one of them along with mod name to handle them as "one" by manager.

Of course ensuring that people will adopt this kind of system is the other thing..

The program doesnt work on folders alone. Afaik it only shows folders with an .ini file in it! Otherwise another folder wont be displayed

25 minutes ago, knight77 said:

The program doesnt work on folders alone. Afaik it only shows folders with an .ini file in it! Otherwise another folder wont be displayed

Yes but if I have two .ini files under one folder that belong to different mods both are being disabled because manager works only with folders.
What I suggest is adding "DISABLED" to .ini names instead.

35 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

Yes but if I have two .ini files under one folder that belong to different mods both are being disabled because manager works only with folders.
What I suggest is adding "DISABLED" to .ini names instead.

I know what you mean and I have to say it isnt that bad. Especially if you want to make previews for all variations the .ini files give. That way you could easily put another preview picture into that folder with a simple name that allways gets displayed, if we are going for the concept I suggested at least.

1 hour ago, etsorhtt said:

Ideal way as I see it would be to base the manager entirely on .ini files insted of folders

This will make disabling big folders kinda complicated performance wise. You'll need to rename all the files inside all the folders. And if you'll want to enable them again it'll be impossible to keep certain ones disabled. With folders you can simply disable a parent folder while any child folder can stay disabled or enabled as it was before. 

Also, new update soon. Now you'll be able to turn mods on\off with double click (only if mod doesn't have subfolders with ini files). Different window size options added. You can choose between mod tree only, default one and expanded one with big preview pic. You can also click on preview picture for expanded image. All three pictures can be different or the same. There's also no width\height requirements for preview pic. Description field has scroll now.

Updated the app, please download the new version.

I also checked how if it's going to be hard to add .ini files and I think it's  more time consuming than hard. So you may expect something like optional feature "show INI files" in the future. The biggest challenge is to keep UI clean and simple, I really don't want it to be cluttered.

11 hours ago, knight77 said:

Thanks. Is there a thread for that or another more recent update? Because I allways need these files for the newest suits and I only get a new SSR every few weeks

You can get the suit icons from the ingame gacha info ( blue button in the top right of gacha banner )... it's a link to a html file on their website.

So when you are looking at the gacha info, right-click to the left of the scrollbar and select properties.

Then copy the URL, and put it in your browser

Save the html file to your drive - it should also save the icon files in a folder with the same name.

Right-clicking on the page is disabled, so use your browser's menubar to select File>Save Page As...

or you can use webdev tools to change the <body> element's 'oncontextmenu="return false;"' ... erase it or change "return false;" to "" then right-click save page as