[mod] The Sexopolis Project and More [FINAL VERSION] [DEPRECIATED]

Can you disallow the ai from using the sexual megaprojects ascension perk? or include a option to stop them from using it? they tend to spam the habitats and terraform all their worlds into tentacle worlds. Its not really good for performance and balance when they do this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably how I play(I run with 'Primitive Players', which slows the start by requiring research to get functional Hyperdrives) but I wish the Tentacle World system from starting with that origin had more in it.  Can't even make Habitats in that system.

Dunno if it's a conflict with another mod, or if it's something that needs to be added, but.

How are you supposed to get mineral and energy income? xD

Selling food and other resources is fine and all, but makes the AI completely incapable of playing the Civ.

I THINK that I've turned off every mod that changes around the districts, except bigger colonies?, more building slots? and bigger planet view. Unless it's Machine "dlc" and Hive "dlc" mods that are spooking again.

I can spend some time troubleshooting, but if anyone already knows then that'd be great.

Spoiler

tent.png

Those are the proper districts of the Tentacle World.  As you probably know, the 'excess' District types will disappear after unpausing and letting it run awhile.

In my experience with it, Habitats(bear in mind 'sexual megaprojects' and the initial upgrade for Pleasure Habitats unlocking regular Habitats early) and/or other planets.  A Tentacle World can generate plenty of rare resources, food, and consumer goods, but basically can't produce anything else besides people.  It is both powerful and powerless as a start.

18 hours ago, zhaliora said:

Dunno if it's a conflict with another mod, or if it's something that needs to be added, but.

How are you supposed to get mineral and energy income? xD

Selling food and other resources is fine and all, but makes the AI completely incapable of playing the Civ.

I THINK that I've turned off every mod that changes around the districts, except bigger colonies?, more building slots? and bigger planet view. Unless it's Machine "dlc" and Hive "dlc" mods that are spooking again.

I can spend some time troubleshooting, but if anyone already knows then that'd be great.

Hide contents

tent.png

I generally solve the energy issue by building trade buildings at least in the short term. Minerals need to be from your first colony in my experience.

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Those are the proper districts of the Tentacle World.  As you probably know, the 'excess' District types will disappear after unpausing and letting it run awhile.

In my experience with it, Habitats(bear in mind 'sexual megaprojects' and the initial upgrade for Pleasure Habitats unlocking regular Habitats early) and/or other planets.  A Tentacle World can generate plenty of rare resources, food, and consumer goods, but basically can't produce anything else besides people.  It is both powerful and powerless as a start.

For me they don't disappear, which in general they do. But I've had that issue for a while and I don't know what mod/mods seems to cause it. My guess would be the ones I mentioned before, but I am uncertain.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I generally solve the energy issue by building trade buildings at least in the short term. Minerals need to be from your first colony in my experience.

Yeah for me as a player there are no real issues since I can manage the market. But for an AI, since I kinda want my custom civs in my games (mostly due to balance) it feels like without some buffs to the tentacle core (possibly for the AI only) It's gonna sit on the only planet the entire game, or at least for a long time.

hello there @Buttson117 ! i'm here to report that the dick update have apparently broke the mod. When we begin with a sexopolis world, the building is getting destroyed after we press the play time button at day 2 and there is now way we can rebuild them. It seems that the game don't see the pop on the sexopolis world.

Maybe you already know but here's what i can say ingame. the districts still works but not the buldings

11 hours ago, mineride said:

hello there @Buttson117 ! i'm here to report that the dick update have apparently broke the mod. When we begin with a sexopolis world, the building is getting destroyed after we press the play time button at day 2 and there is now way we can rebuild them. It seems that the game don't see the pop on the sexopolis world.

Maybe you already know but here's what i can say ingame. the districts still works but not the buldings

Same issue here. It also happens when you convert a planet. I'm pretty sure the issue is that building slots are tied to city districts now. I'm guessing the city districts for the new planets from this mod aren't being recognized as such by the game.

Adding the line "planet_max_buildings_add = 1" nested under planet_modifier for the modded city districts to match the format of the urban district in the vanilla files seems to have solved the problem.

So it should look like this for tentacle world:

planet_modifier = {
        planet_housing_add = 10
        planet_max_buildings_add = 1
    }

Tested a new game with both tentacle and sexopolis starts, and it seems to work as expected. I went ahead and edited the other city districts as well (attached). Not a real fix, but hopefully it will keep things working until Buttson has the chance to do an update.

districts.7z

The new patch updated the way building slots are calculated. The best way to change it would be to do what theyhave done for hive worlds and machine worlds; 

Go into common -> planet_classes 

Open the planet type you wish you fix in your text editor of choice. 

Under "modifier = {"
make sure you add the following line; 

planet_max_buildings_add = 12 

As such, for example the tentacle world's modifier bracket looks like this: 

modifier = {
        planet_jobs_produces_mult = 0.10
        planet_max_buildings_add = 12        
    }

29 minutes ago, Saharalion said:

There is an other issue with 3.0: No one wants to be a Spire Keeper, even when they're is no other job available. My pops prefer to be workless than to keep the tentacles in good shape :(

I found the quick and dirty fix is to go into Sexopolis\common\pop_jobs\stentacle_jobs.txt and change the possible section under spire_keeper to

possible = {
        lv_worker_job_check_trigger = yes
    }

Thank you to all the folks that posted bug fixes! Had a killer headache yesterday so I couldn't work on the mod, so y'all helped out a ton. Just keep letting me know if anything's out of wack and I'll try to get on it as soon as I can. Don't hesitate to post suggestions as well!

Hi,

So I did not know how soon the mod author would be updating the mod so I did it myself. It just so happens that 2 hours before I finished my work the mod author updated his. Oh well. In case anyone, mod author included, wants to take a look or use anything from this, my work is attached. The primary changes I made were 3.0 compatibility but I did do a moderate rewrite of the tentacle world to be a more viable/powerful start with the current alloy system as well as adding its own set of blockers (current ones were copied from pleasure ring and did not make sense thematically). I also went through and standardized most of the costs and upkeeps to more closely match vanilla 3.0 habitats, worlds, and ring worlds. I also fixed some of the weighting on jobs so that pops are less likely to hop between jobs. Finally I did some code clean up removing some redundant or statements and combining some duplicate/redundant sections. My work is moderately untested and I am not a highly experienced Stellaris modder but if anyone wants to use any parts of it it is available. 

Cheers! 

Edit: I also attached a git diff of my files vs the original version I downloaded

Sexopolis.zip

diff.diff

11 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Same question here; as of the time I am writing this the Modjam2020 mod is broken due to the 3.0update so what is this patch for specifically?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, PolySoup said:

1) The subterranean excavations in space is actually caused by an oversight in the Modjam mod. It does not check for habitable_structure, it only checks if the place you want to build it doesn't use either the habitat or ringworld district sets. This would also let you build subterranean excavations on any non-vanilla habitat or megastructure that used it's own district set. To fix this you would need to change the potential scopes for the decisions in osom_decisions_subterranean.txt.

This is what the modjam patch is for. I don't use ModJam, but I figured I should put this patch up for folks that do. Didn't know it was broken rn.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:23 PM, Yegie said:

Hi,

So I did not know how soon the mod author would be updating the mod so I did it myself. It just so happens that 2 hours before I finished my work the mod author updated his. Oh well. In case anyone, mod author included, wants to take a look or use anything from this, my work is attached. The primary changes I made were 3.0 compatibility but I did do a moderate rewrite of the tentacle world to be a more viable/powerful start with the current alloy system as well as adding its own set of blockers (current ones were copied from pleasure ring and did not make sense thematically). I also went through and standardized most of the costs and upkeeps to more closely match vanilla 3.0 habitats, worlds, and ring worlds. I also fixed some of the weighting on jobs so that pops are less likely to hop between jobs. Finally I did some code clean up removing some redundant or statements and combining some duplicate/redundant sections. My work is moderately untested and I am not a highly experienced Stellaris modder but if anyone wants to use any parts of it it is available. 

Cheers! 

Edit: I also attached a git diff of my files vs the original version I downloaded

Sexopolis.zip 155.57 MB · 14 downloads

diff.diff 36.63 kB · 5 downloads

Wow, thanks! I'll be sure to give it a look over, I've been meaning to do some of that stuff at some point of another. Also, what is a git diff and how do I use it?

EDIT: figured it out

5 hours ago, Ree45 said:

Why can't my pops occupy Cum Distiller on my Tentacle homeworld?
Also tentacle homeworlds don't have the capability to make minerals or energy on their own?

Weird, I can't reproduce that bug. Are you sure that you are on the latest version? I tried the two previous ones in 3.0 and the cum distiller worked.