[mod] The Sexopolis Project and More [FINAL VERSION] [DEPRECIATED]

On 12/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, Buttson117 said:

Yeah, that's something I've never really gotten around too, I might make one at some point but it's not too high on my list of priorities. Haven't really been playing Stellaris to much recently.

No worries, I haven't been playing much Stellaris either nowadays. It was just an afterthought while playing it anyway.
Best of luck to the mod~

I upgraded to the new version, started a new game and almost everything worked. The only thing that does not work is the population growth if I start as a Sexopolis. The bar progresses and the numbers go up but when it reaches 100 it just goes past it and doesn't spawn a new pop. I'm not particularly sure what is causing the problem. Attached is a screenshot of the problem. 

20201211183036_1.jpg

@Raptor375 I have no clue what could be giving you this issue, but I checked on my end and it doesn't happen. Have you tried testing if the bug still happens with other origins or with this mod not loaded? It could be another mod causing the issue.

@Zorlond I'm gonna be honest with you, this shouldn't be happening at all. Not just because I didn't intend it, but because I added the flag that should disable those events ages ago! And still, the game acts as if they are perfectly fine to turn into  Ecumenopoli and have an odd factory. I'm going to ask around and investigate some more, because this bug has been very annoying!

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so... why does the Sexopolis origin limit your starting system? And what files would I have to change to make this origin compatible with some of my OP start system mods?

EDIT: Figured it out, just had to remove the line "initializers = { sworld_system_initializer }" and I could use any start system. I'mma do dumb stuff with this now.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, FurryFactualFun said:

Is there a way to disable AI from building pleasure worlds/ring worlds? They start spamming it everywhere because it's way cheaper and faster to get than normal megastructures. If it's not possible to disable them ONLY for the AI, how do I disable the ring world specifically?

You can set the ai_weight to 0 to completely remove it, I think. This makes the AI only consider it as a last resort.

Might be safer to set it to negate (<0) to prevent any additive modifiers to ai_weight, but I have no modding experience to check if this method is safe, so just set it to 0.

Edit: Made an icon for Sexopolis preference, since I got sick of mistaking it for another world preference. Feel free to add it in since I only took a couple of minutes to make it.

trait_pc_sworld_preference.dds

Any chance of a patch for Real Space - System Scale for Gigastructral Engineering's Alderson Disk? The segment is feeling somewhat inadequate next to the other, larger... parts.

I know... it's not how big it is, but how you use it... still...

The patch for the main buildings is at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299739260

I tried just adding the sexopolis data to the fix's asset file... but I really don't understand the files at all, and failed... I think the key is scale = 6

Here is a fix for habitable_structure parameter (which were causing being able to transform pleasure habitats into ecumenopolis and other stuff that should be possible only on planets) Basically all comes from this mod – https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1636492142

I only added a few additional strings, so if you already using that mod add same strings

Habitable_structureFIXforSAmore.zip

Prepare thyself for some feedback!

Forges works fine for me, anyway...

Problems

I played one long game and here is some problems – sringworlds seems to be named as penrose sringworlds. (I still havent checked actual penrose ringworld, because there wasnt enough suitable blackholes)

You cant select salderson if you dont have arcological project (but you still can terraform existing gaia or computing slice).

Other thoughts

At the end of the game cheaper metallurgists seems to loose their point, i think they should be overclocked instead (more minerals per metal, but higher production per pop).

If you have matrioshka worlds/spheres (from corresponding mod) dont build them on sexopolis, because they wont add districts to it, orbital arcology from gigastructural engineering works fine.

Would be cool if there were orbital elysium subtype with something unique instead of dairy farms (dont like their concept tbh), maybe something like tentacled lifeforms research facility that will give research and food.

If you ever planning doing anything with matrioshka brain habitats, dont go over the top they are pretty op as is xD.

Some unique buildings (not districts, that would be way too op) for birch world also might be cool.

Overall one salderson slice seems to rival matrioshka brain habitats in terms of usefullness.

There is a mod on this site that adds psionic pylons, would be handy if there would be orbital megastructure pylon  (art megainstallation seems to be good model for that, or lunar verison, like refractor).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, TRsadoTR said:

I found out that you (and especially AI) can build orbital arcologies around new megastructures, so here is another a quick fix. Did basically the same thing but now for giga_habitable_structure

Another_fix.rar 1.13 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for the feedback and fix! I really appreciate it, any help goes a long way. salderson slices should require the proper ascension perk now.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, xking said:

Anything for the Birch World in gigastructural engineering?

I was considering it, but I have to figure a way to get it to work (I don't have much experience with them)

On 2/10/2021 at 8:21 AM, Bloodly said:

What is the boost for the colony designation 'Sex Forge World' on a 'pleasure habitat' supposed to be, and more to the point, is it active?  There's no tooltip, and that makes me edgy.

It's supposed to boost the sex forges' output, but it's not working properly. I'll just remove it for now until I come up with an actual fix.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:37 PM, xking said:

Anything for the Birch World in gigastructural engineering?

2 hours ago, Buttson117 said:

I was considering it, but I have to figure a way to get it to work (I don't have much experience with them)

Heck, it could be just a new skin for the sphere, replacing the arcane-looking symbols with much sexier shapes. :)