[mod] The Sexopolis Project and More [FINAL VERSION] [DEPRECIATED]

• 2 weeks later...

My new sex-habitat just got hit by 'Abandoned Terraforming Project'. : /

It also shows 8 different types of district, only 5 of which have available building slots. Four of the district types are standard ground-planet district types (the housing one is for some reason buildable).

On 9/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, Zorlond said:

My new sex-habitat just got hit by 'Abandoned Terraforming Project'. : /

It also shows 8 different types of district, only 5 of which have available building slots. Four of the district types are standard ground-planet district types (the housing one is for some reason buildable).

Well, I never got an 'Abandoned Terraforming Project' on the habitats, so that might be a conflict with other mods. as for the habitat districts being weird, that's something to do with how districts interact with planets and why it's generally a good idea to have a UI mod (the base districts would block out the habitat ones without one)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, regarding the bug about the decision button that does nothing. I managed to remove the button completely when I deleted of the ai_weight code in all script files inside the 'decisions' folder. I've also attached a zip file of the modified decision folder in case you are unsure of what was changed. You can swap out your decisions folder and use it.

From what I can infer, there's probably a different format for giving weight to the decision for the AI that is being used? I know absolutely nothing about Stellaris code here, so I hope this information helps you fix that error.

decisions.zip

Update 1: ai_weight is not the problem. There are errors prior to the ai_weight that is causing the game to regard ai_weight as a decision instead. I managed to return ai_weight to the sworld_decision script by modifying the add_district effect to remove the number 10.

Update 2: ai_weight decision bug found to be from sworld_decision script and srelic_decision script. I've returned ai_weight to all scripts in decisions and applied the same fix for srelic_decision script. It removed the ai_weight decision bug from the planet. Take note, I have not tested the fix on a proper game yet.

The error stemmed from the unexpected number at the end of add_district effect. I managed to replicate the idea I think you were going for by calling the add_district multiple times instead.

decisions_button_fix.zip

Update 3: Figured I'd take a shot at the issue with the archaeological site. I made it work by splitting the last option into its own event. Tested by spawning the dig site via console and running it through with a science ship. Full changelog of the digsite below

• added 'namespace = srelic' to srelic_arc_events
  • changed 'add_technology' to 'give_technology' in srelic.16
  • changed country_event to fleet_event
  • added response text to srelic.16
  • removed country_flags, probably not needed?
  • pulled response c and option d into their own event (srelic 17) this event gives the owner the technology instead. Couldn't get the country_flag thing to work either.

srelic_arc_events.txt

On 10/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, Bznboy said:

Okay, regarding the bug about the decision button that does nothing. I managed to remove the button completely when I deleted of the ai_weight code in all script files inside the 'decisions' folder. I've also attached a zip file of the modified decision folder in case you are unsure of what was changed. You can swap out your decisions folder and use it.

From what I can infer, there's probably a different format for giving weight to the decision for the AI that is being used? I know absolutely nothing about Stellaris code here, so I hope this information helps you fix that error.

decisions.zip 3.08 kB · 0 downloads

Update 1: ai_weight is not the problem. There are errors prior to the ai_weight that is causing the game to regard ai_weight as a decision instead. I managed to return ai_weight to the sworld_decision script by modifying the add_district effect to remove the number 10.

Update 2: ai_weight decision bug found to be from sworld_decision script and srelic_decision script. I've returned ai_weight to all scripts in decisions and applied the same fix for srelic_decision script. It removed the ai_weight decision bug from the planet. Take note, I have not tested the fix on a proper game yet.

The error stemmed from the unexpected number at the end of add_district effect. I managed to replicate the idea I think you were going for by calling the add_district multiple times instead.

decisions_button_fix.zip 3.14 kB · 2 downloads

Update 3: Figured I'd take a shot at the issue with the archaeological site. I made it work by splitting the last option into its own event. Tested by spawning the dig site via console and running it through with a science ship. Full changelog of the digsite below

srelic_arc_events.txt 3.77 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you very much! I'll go ahead and push out the update with the fix and credit you for fixing it. I think the ai_weight may cause ai empires to not use the planetary decisions, but I haven't seen the ai empires actually using them before either, so that's probably something else. If you'd like me to keep your code out of the main build just let me know and I'll put up the previous version again.

My pleasure, I've been curious about making mods for Stellaris and figured that bug fixing might be a good way to practice. I have a small list of minor fixes that seem to make the game happier with your mod if you're interested.

I think the ai_weight may cause ai empires to not use the planetary decisions

According to the wiki, ai_weight does give the ai empire the reason to use modded decisions. Having weight = 1 just let the ai use the decision only if it does not have any other choice. The higher the weight, the more likely it would make that decision.

I'd say try to look at when the AI would use the arcology project decision, but I just took a peek in there and realized that the AI will never use arcology project. It would probably take a lot more ai_weight modification than just the decision to get it to work.

Not to mention, I don't think I've ever saw an AI with the necessary minerals.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, Bznboy said:

I have a small list of minor fixes that seem to make the game happier with your mod if you're interested.

Yeah that'd be great to hear, any help is appreciated. Honestly this is my first debut into the modding scene aside from a barely held together portrait mod I haven't uploaded. Probably a few things that are janky behind the curtain.

Very well, here's the files and change logs.

minor fixes.zip

common/districts/
shabitat_district
- moved ai_resource_production out of ai_weight
sringworld_district
sworld_district

common/solar_system_initializers
commented out all tile blockers in script

common/deposits/

sworld_deposits.txt

added planet tag to last produce bracket

common/decisions/

changed sworld_creation.10 to sworld_creation.1 in srelic_decision.txt

events/

added namespace to shabitat_creation_event.txt

changed 'add_technology' to 'give_technology' in sworld_origins_events.txt

megastructures/shabitat.txt
replaced 'forge_shabitat' with 'set_planet_flag = forge_shabitat' from lines 231 to 331 in the

This fixes don't really fix anything, but remove errors from the error logs so that the game is less likely to crash from a problem.

Additionally, to fix the sex smith image turning into '?', you need a dds image with the path 'gfx\interface\icons\modifiers\mod_job_sexsmith_add.dds'. Currently I use a copy of the sex smith dds image to fix it, but you can add your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chances that making pleasure habitats would be slightly harder to achieve for the AI? Even the most 'conservative' species out there are pretty much covering their space in these. I can't even blow them up with planet crackers >_< It's a mess. They should at the very least be harder to made than normal habitats. 

3 hours ago, Mirrond said:

Any chances that making pleasure habitats would be slightly harder to achieve for the AI? Even the most 'conservative' species out there are pretty much covering their space in these. I can't even blow them up with planet crackers >_< It's a mess. They should at the very least be harder to made than normal habitats. 

The AI factor for the pleause habitats is the same weights and requirements as normal habitats from vanilla. And the AI is known for spamming the shit out of that unless you install mods like StarNet AI which prevents habitats from being build-able over minor planetary bodies (and make the AI just straight up not be able to build it).

Recommended solution: Copy over some code from the habitat file form StarNet AI.

Also, I previous mentioned that I think the habitat type change should be a terraforming process. I know gigastructures allows you to terraform ringworlds and alderson disks. How difficult would it be for it to be done for habitats? What about simply a decision? (Can the terraform type be applied to the sring_worlds?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 4:21 AM, Tondenga said:

Does anybody have old versions of this mod? I'm still playing on 2.7.2 'cause I have some mods that still only support 2.7.2.

The mod doesn't have anything that should be incompatible with the 2.7.2, so you should be able to just change the version number in the Sexopolis.mod and descriptor.mod files.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:21 AM, L.W.Rothdale said:

Is there any way to change the planet icon texture on the interface?
The planet still retains the old brown ecumenopolis texture on the 'Planet & Sectors' tab as well as the Outliner.

I remember seeing them as the pink look before but not sure what has happened....

Yeah, that's something I've never really gotten around too, I might make one at some point but it's not too high on my list of priorities. Haven't really been playing Stellaris to much recently.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:54 AM, duck666 said:

Also, I previous mentioned that I think the habitat type change should be a terraforming process. I know gigastructures allows you to terraform ringworlds and alderson disks. How difficult would it be for it to be done for habitats? What about simply a decision? (Can the terraform type be applied to the sring_worlds?)

While I don't think it'd be all too difficult to make the pleasure habitat or ringworld into a decision or terraforming process, I don't really see myself doing this. I want these versions of the planets to be more accessible than their regular counterparts, at least to an extent. If they were a decision for habitats and ringworlds, chances are you'd not be able to get them until later in the game. Although, now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to have a decision in place to convert already built ringworlds and habitats, but still allow for you to build them on their own (to convert conquered colonies or ones like the Cybrex ringworld).