[mod] The Sexopolis Project and More [FINAL VERSION] [DEPRECIATED]

20 hours ago, freeshooter92 said:

Ah, sorry, should have elaborated. I meant is it possible to convert a Relic world without the Ascension Perk like you can with an Ecumenopolis? 

Ah I see. I get what you're saying with this, however I don't think that I'll be doing that since relic worlds were ancient ecumenopoli, giving an empire the basis for what to build in order to restore it, making it odd for the to restore it to a Sexopolis without the ascension perk. I do have some ideas for expanding the Origin, so maybe I'll add it to that.

9 hours ago, _brandi_ said:

Does this integrate with the Sexual Slavery Civic mod?

This mod's districts only use Lustful Void jobs, but it shouldn't conflict with that mod wither.

Heya!

I installed the mod and I have a question regarding the names and informations shown when deciding to either build a megastructure or to make a decision of this mod.

Instead of having adequate names (i.e. "Sexopolis-Project" or something like that for the transformation of a planet), the game only shows technical names such as:

- decision_sworld_project (Sexopolis-decision)

- ai_weight (no idea)

- shabitat_0 (pleasure habitat)

-sring_world_1 (ringworld)

The Question, straight up: is that supposed to be or did I do something wrong with the installation?

As Background Information:

• I`m playing the game on v 2.7.2
  • I use the named mods in the named loading order (first one first)
  • -Lustful Void
  • - UI Overhail 1080p Plus
  • - Planetary Diversity
  • - The Sexopolis Project and More
  • - Situational Nudity
  • - Machine Shipset
  • - Sexopolis Planetary Diversity Patch (Tried using it, shifting it to different positions in the loading order, and disabled it, due to the fact that it is only compatible with version 2.6.3)

I already tried shifting the mod load order a bit with no effect.

What I can imagine being the problem: I tried using the mod on an already existing savegame. Might that cause the issue?

Just want to check in whether I am alone with this issue of if someone already had it, too, maybe even found a solution?

Thank you in advance! ;)

I remember seeing the "ai_weight" decision on every planet. I never clicked it, though.

As for the other ones, likely, the author forgot to add the localization strings.

Lustful Void forgot to add their localization strings for Excess Testosterone + Excess Estrogen, so it just displays the variable names in their stead.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:16 AM, Smaragd said:

I installed the mod and I have a question regarding the names and informations shown when deciding to either build a megastructure or to make a decision of this mod.

Instead of having adequate names (i.e. "Sexopolis-Project" or something like that for the transformation of a planet), the game only shows technical names such as:

- decision_sworld_project (Sexopolis-decision)

- ai_weight (no idea)

- shabitat_0 (pleasure habitat)

-sring_world_1 (ringworld)

That is odd, when I boot it up the names show up properly, try putting the localization file in this folder: "Sexopolis>localization>english" with the one I attached here. No idea what "ai_weight" is, but I'll look into it. Also, in regards to the Planetary Diversity patch, it works fine on any version, I just forgot to update the version number when I uploaded it, I'll go ahead and update that now. Please let me know if replacing the localization file didn't fix the issue!

sworld_l_english.yml

3 hours ago, DDSDD said:

Is there an UI Overhaul mod for 1366x768 screens? The one you suggest seems not not work at all and messes up my game.

You could try going without a UI mod, I did a few changes under the hood in the last update to fix some of the bugs that made it necessary, but I haven't gotten around to testing it (I use UI overhaul dynamic all the time).

EDIT: Yep, just tested it seems to work fine now without the UI mod

On 7/23/2020 at 8:16 PM, Buttson117 said:

That is odd, when I boot it up the names show up properly, try putting the localization file in this folder: "Sexopolis>localization>english" with the one I attached here. No idea what "ai_weight" is, but I'll look into it. Also, in regards to the Planetary Diversity patch, it works fine on any version, I just forgot to update the version number when I uploaded it, I'll go ahead and update that now. Please let me know if replacing the localization file didn't fix the issue!

sworld_l_english.yml 10.88 kB · 4 downloads

Ok so I did the following:

- Replacing the whole mod folder as well as the pd-Patch with the "new" one I downloaded around 3 hours ago from loverslab.

- Afterwards, I replaced the language file like you told me.

- After some experimentation I had the genious Idea to set the game language to "english"

I had two effects now:

- The texts are now shown as supposed (It indeed was because of the language settings^^)

- However, nowI can´t even activate the new pd patch because the paradox launcher tells me that the path to the mod is somehow wrong, despite the fact that I installed it as supposed.

I don`t really know how modding works, so this might be a noobish question: can I change the name of the language file somehow so that I can play the game in my Language with the texts of this mod still in english (like "sworld_l_german.yml")? Just out of curiosity.

And by the way: Thank you for your quick help! :)

3 minutes ago, Smaragd said:

- The texts are now shown as supposed (It indeed was because of the language settings^^)

- However, nowI can´t even activate the new pd patch because the paradox launcher tells me that the path to the mod is somehow wrong, despite the fact that I installed it as supposed.

I don`t really know how modding works, so this might be a noobish question: can I change the name of the language file somehow so that I can play the game in my Language with the texts of this mod still in english (like "sworld_l_german.yml")? Just out of curiosity.

Ah I get you now, that'd make sense. What you need to do is go to the localization folder, create a new folder called "german" and put the file in there (rename it to sworld_l_german.yml just to be safe). That should fix things up there, but the descriptions will still be in english (I don't know german, sorry mate). As for the pd patch, I think I found the issue there. I updated the file but really you just have to replace the .mod file in your mod directory. I went ahead and attached the new one, please let me know if this fixes things!

Sexopolis_pd_patch.mod

2 hours ago, Buttson117 said:

Ah I get you now, that'd make sense. What you need to do is go to the localization folder, create a new folder called "german" and put the file in there (rename it to sworld_l_german.yml just to be safe). That should fix things up there, but the descriptions will still be in english (I don't know german, sorry mate). As for the pd patch, I think I found the issue there. I updated the file but really you just have to replace the .mod file in your mod directory. I went ahead and attached the new one, please let me know if this fixes things!

Sexopolis_pd_patch.mod 132 B · 1 download

So the pd-patch works now, indeed :)

Afor the language: it doesn`t, yet. But I´ll try a bit around with the naming of the folder, If I find a solution for that, I´ll give you a shout! Otherwise, my english is good enough to play stellaris in english as well, so that shouldn´t be an issue.

Thanks again for the quick reply! :)

Few things.

- When you tried to update the files to 2.0.1, you accidentally just re-uploaded 2.0.0. I even checked with WinMerge, the files are identical.

- The Milk Cow job has an inherent trait that reduces the worker's habitat use by 1. So for most species, this means anyone working as a milk cow takes up no living space. Giving the Milk Cow district Housing Space on top of Milk Cow Jobs makes the regular housing district effectively useless. The Housing district would have a net increase of 6 jobs and 13 housing (19 housing minus 6 for the streetwalkers/whores), while the Milk Cow district has a net increase of 15 jobs and 15 housing (15 housing minus 0 for the cows). Just drop the planet_housing_add modifier in the Milk Cow districts.

- I'd recommend adding a "has_technology = tech_housing_2" check for the Ascension Perk, making it an identical requirement to the Arcology perk. Sexopolis is overpowered as it is without being able to pick it as soon as you have a perk slot available.

- EDIT: Also, starting with a Sexopolis origin apparently messes up the Guranteed planets in the galaxy creation, meaning it's actually unlikely that there'd be 2 planets with high habitability nearby for the new empire to expand to. It's entirely possible for there to be no Continental, Ocean, or Tropical planets nearby.

14 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Few things.

- When you tried to update the files to 2.0.1, you accidentally just re-uploaded 2.0.0. I even checked with WinMerge, the files are identical.

- The Milk Cow job has an inherent trait that reduces the worker's habitat use by 1. So for most species, this means anyone working as a milk cow takes up no living space. Giving the Milk Cow district Housing Space on top of Milk Cow Jobs makes the regular housing district effectively useless. The Housing district would have a net increase of 6 jobs and 13 housing (19 housing minus 6 for the streetwalkers/whores), while the Milk Cow district has a net increase of 15 jobs and 15 housing (15 housing minus 0 for the cows). Just drop the planet_housing_add modifier in the Milk Cow districts.

- I'd recommend adding a "has_technology = tech_housing_2" check for the Ascension Perk, making it an identical requirement to the Arcology perk. Sexopolis is overpowered as it is without being able to pick it as soon as you have a perk slot available.

- EDIT: Also, starting with a Sexopolis origin apparently messes up the Guranteed planets in the galaxy creation, meaning it's actually unlikely that there'd be 2 planets with high habitability nearby for the new empire to expand to. It's entirely possible for there to be no Continental, Ocean, or Tropical planets nearby.

This is more due to LV making the job do that, as not as much as this mod. As it simply uses the Milk Job from LV as a district. Honestly it's fine as it is. As it doesnt bring more than Food and CG, beside housing is a non-issue, and Food/CG is so easy to get anyway, it's not a district one builds alot of. 

The Acension Perk is very strong indeed. But i mean, using LV with this mod makes for a stupid strong start anyway. So keeping it as it is doesnt make it stronger, but i get where you're coming from.

I noticed that the guaranteed planets doesnt always appear, tho i'll be honest. With how trong Sexopolis is, i've hardly found myself needing it.

23 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Few things.

Ah yeah the 2.0.1 thing was for the patch, sorry for the confusion (not really sure how I should handle version numbers tbh). As for the balance stuff, I do understand that it's a bit OP, but I always prioritize fun over balance when I'm playing with mods. I'll probably reduce the amount of housing from the milk districts though. As for the ascension perk, It'll probably be best if I at least make it require one ascension perk, but I won't make it require the tech since Agrarian Idyles cannot get that tech. As for the Origin messing up Guaranteed Planets, that's intentional since even I can see that starting with a Sexopolis is OP as all hell, but I forgot to mention that in the description so thanks for mentioning it!

15 hours ago, ModdedMax said:

I hate to put more work on your plate (that's a lie I like new features) but would it be possible to make a patch for Gigastructural engineering that adds sexopolis birch worlds and Alderson disks? That would be really awesome

Considering the absolute insanity that one has to go through to even get to the point where building a birch world is possible, if I were to do this, it would be way in the future; but maybe then I'll think of something.

I started playing a Orbital Habitat race recently and I kinda focused on getting the Sexopolis things along with this to give my base race options

When I colonized the Pleasure Habitats I noticed it's using planetary decisions like a normal world and doesn't get any of the bonuses I have for being a Voideborn accession perk or the Orbital Habitat decisions, such as I can search for Exotic Animals on a Pleasure Habitat and designate it as a Rural Planet or Agri-World planet rather than the OH designations like a Luxury Habitat.

I'm guessing the files are causing the game to think of it as a normal planet or something and not as an orbital habitat? Not sure if this was intentional or not, I just kinda personally feel it breaks a bit of my immersion I guess, lol XD

Cause you know, everyone is going for immersion here, right? XD

16 hours ago, SeloFox said:

I started playing a Orbital Habitat race recently and I kinda focused on getting the Sexopolis things along with this to give my base race options

When I colonized the Pleasure Habitats I noticed it's using planetary decisions like a normal world and doesn't get any of the bonuses I have for being a Voideborn accession perk or the Orbital Habitat decisions, such as I can search for Exotic Animals on a Pleasure Habitat and designate it as a Rural Planet or Agri-World planet rather than the OH designations like a Luxury Habitat.

I'm guessing the files are causing the game to think of it as a normal planet or something and not as an orbital habitat? Not sure if this was intentional or not, I just kinda personally feel it breaks a bit of my immersion I guess, lol XD

Cause you know, everyone is going for immersion here, right? XD

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm aware of the voidborne issue, that's why the final upgrade gives +4 districts instead of +2, but I'll see if I can get the modifier to be put on pleasure habitats as well just so it's more in-line with everything else. Planet Designations are something that I keep forgetting to do, but I am planning on rolling some custom ones. As for searching for exotic animals goes, I'll have to look into that. Thanks again for the input!

18 hours ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Should this mod be loaded before or after planetary diversity? Your mod has a modified 00_colony_types.txt, but so does PD, so which one should take priority? The PD patch doesn't alter this file so it doesn't address that conflict.

Also is this mod save game compatible?

The mod is save game compatible AFAIK.

It shouldn't matter if this mod is loaded before or after PD, since the mod launcher loads the files in lexicographic order, and based on file names. (Yes, this is why you see 2 options to terraform into the same 1 planet type when you have PD loaded with some other planetary terraforming mods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, FourthSea said:

I also have the ai-weight decision on all of my planets, here is a screenshot. This wasn't here until I installed the newest update on Monday or something.

aiweightthing.png

The fix to remove the ai_weight decision button that does nothing:

In sworld_decision.txt, change:

add_district = district_sworld_city 10

(I'm pretty sure the above line does nothing and breaks that decision as a whole. If it does not, I have no idea why, because it should... Paradox...)

to

while = {
    count = 10
    add_district = district_sworld_city
}

As for the current ringworld and habitat system, IMO, it's better if it was made into "terraforming" decisions.
Take a look at how gigastructure does it for terraforming ringworlds, and that should be applicable to habitats, too.

Lastly, what mod(s) are the "Breeding Frenzy", "Breeding Planet", and "Public Exhibition" decisions from?