@BadListener thanks for that great update, will there be some sort of fix or update for this extension mod TBCaptivityEventsExtension too, if I used the TBCaptivityEventsExtension mod I had to filled up all the empty boxes under the captivity events optional events mod configure page or nothing works, but there are a few missing custom event image when mouse over shows blank but I had to filled up everything or the events will not trigger in-game until I had filled up everything in this page.

I am not sure if this is supposed to work this way.

8 hours ago, Whizkid said:

@BadListener thanks for that great update, will there be some sort of fix or update for this extension mod TBCaptivityEventsExtension too, if I used the TBCaptivityEventsExtension mod I had to filled up all the empty boxes under the captivity events optional events mod configure page or nothing works, but there are a few missing custom event image when mouse over shows blank but I had to filled up everything or the events will not trigger in-game until I had filled up everything in this page.

I am not sure if this is supposed to work this way.

edit: looks like TBCaptivityEventsExtension is causing alot of issues since its not updated to the current version of this mod..

bug report using the latest hotfix CaptivityEvents1.5.7.1025LL.zip, keeps getting "There was an error while parsing settings from "CaptivityEventsCustomEvents! Please contact MCM developers and the mod developer!"

using latest versions of MCMv4 ,UIExtenderEx, Harmony, and ButterLib, this problems if I either change the Captivity Events under mod options to Hard or if I use this captivity.reload_events via console this error will immediately popup.

update: to fix the above problem I usually have to delete the config files under documents to reset the settings to the default, unfortunately this does not work if I try to reset the default settings via the mcm menu, which is strange as everything seems to work but the error is not detected until I used this command captivity.reload_events via console.

The random events are not working or it does not trigger at all...

29 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

bug report using the latest hotfix CaptivityEvents1.5.7.1025LL.zip, keeps getting "There was an error while parsing settings from "CaptivityEventsCustomEvents! Please contact MCM developers and the mod developer!"

using latest versions of MCMv4 ,UIExtenderEx, Harmony, and ButterLib, this problems if I either change the Captivity Events under mod options to Hard or if I use this captivity.reload_events via console this error will immediately popup.

update: to fix the above problem I usually have to delete the config files under documents to reset the settings to the default, unfortunately this does not work if I try to reset the default settings via the mcm menu, which is strange as everything seems to work but the error is not detected until I used this command captivity.reload_events via console.

The random events are not working or it does not trigger at all...

captivity.reload_events is broken right now will be fixed later. Random Events have been tested and work so I don't know.

1 hour ago, BadListener said:

captivity.reload_events is broken right now will be fixed later. Random Events have been tested and work so I don't know.

thanks for the reply, for the random events to show up I had to add the information via the mcm menu under the Captivity Events Optional Events page e.g. CE_common_alt_101 is showing blank for Custom Event Frequency and Custom Event Image, if there is information available when I mouse over the Custom Frequency e.g. 20, I will then populated the box with 20, same for the custom event image box I will enter DE_CAPTOR_A into the box. As a result the x:\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\ModSettings\zCaptivityEvents\EventSettings\CaptivityEventsCustomEvents.json gets fill in with the information I added via mcm, after performing this the random events immediately triggered.

I think the default settings should populate the relevant information for the json file unless this information is already made available but I'll suspect its not the case....

3 hours ago, Whizkid said:

thanks for the reply, for the random events to show up I had to add the information via the mcm menu under the Captivity Events Optional Events page e.g. CE_common_alt_101 is showing blank for Custom Event Frequency and Custom Event Image, if there is information available when I mouse over the Custom Frequency e.g. 20, I will then populated the box with 20, same for the custom event image box I will enter DE_CAPTOR_A into the box. As a result the x:\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\ModSettings\zCaptivityEvents\EventSettings\CaptivityEventsCustomEvents.json gets fill in with the information I added via mcm, after performing this the random events immediately triggered.

I think the default settings should populate the relevant information for the json file unless this information is already made available but I'll suspect its not the case....

Your instructions was a little difficult to follow. Did you fill in every single one of the events - both frequence and image entries? 

I did enter "20" for "Custom Frequency"  then "DE_CAPTOR-A" for the custom event image box for CE_common_alt_101.  It didn't fire, but I suppose I have to enter the mouse over information for every single event listed in that category then type it into the appropriate box next to it in order to get the pop ups to fire. Is that correct? 

I did mouse over each one..and there are ALOT of the entries for Captivity Events Optional Events...and every single one of them is blank in the latest version for  Bannerlord 1.5.6. 

However I checked the previous version of this mod for 1.5.6...the layout is different.  Same events..BUT each and every  one is ticked on by a box by default so you don't have to enter the information for each one in the previous version.    That might be why there's no pop ups.  

13 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Your instructions was a little difficult to follow. Did you fill in every single one of the events - both frequence and image entries? 

I did enter "20" for "Custom Frequency"  then "DE_CAPTOR-A" for the custom event image box for CE_common_alt_101.  It didn't fire, but I suppose I have to enter the mouse over information for every single event listed in that category then type it into the appropriate box next to it in order to get the pop ups to fire. Is that correct? 

I did mouse over each one..and there are ALOT of the entries for Captivity Events Optional Events...and every single one of them is blank in the latest version for  Bannerlord 1.5.6. 

However I checked the previous version of this mod for 1.5.6...the layout is different.  Same events..BUT each and every  one is ticked on by a box by default so you don't have to enter the information for each one in the previous version.    That might be why there's no pop ups.  

i had to fill up everything i.e. all blank boxes had to be filled up, references for missing image files just check the image directories and put those png files names into the blanks that does not have any names during mouse overs.

I had all events ticked on, i'll upload my json file just so u know what I am talking about.

CaptivityEventsCustomEvents.json

11 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

i had to fill up everything i.e. all blank boxes had to be filled up, references for missing image files just check the image directories and put those png files names into the blanks that does not have any names during mouse overs.

I had all events ticked on, i'll upload my json file just so u know what I am talking about.

CaptivityEventsCustomEvents.json 14.61 kB · 1 download

And where would this .json file go?  

16 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

And where would this .json file go?  

it should be at the documents folder e.g. C:\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\ModSettings\zCaptivityEvents\EventSettings, drive c is the default not sure if yours had been changed, but u'll see a file similar in name to mine, just backup it up and use mine. If u get into any problems just replace with your old file, I did not encounter any problems at my end yet, but try not to press the top left button on the mcm to which allows u to change the default settings somehow it will mess things up.

20 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

it should be at the documents folder e.g. C:\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\ModSettings\zCaptivityEvents\EventSettings, drive c is the default not sure if yours had been changed, but u'll see a file similar in name to mine, just backup it up and use mine. If u get into any problems just replace with your old file, I did not encounter any problems at my end yet, but try not to press the top left button on the mcm to which allows u to change the default settings somehow it will mess things up.

I got it working.   

There's still alot of entries that aren't filled out..so I'll finish the rest tomorrow and repost the complete JSON when I'm done with every single entry.   I'm in the process of filling every single entry...there were quite a few that weren't filled in. 

10 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

I got it working.   

There's still alot of entries that aren't filled out..so I'll finish the rest tomorrow and repost the complete JSON when I'm done with every single entry.   I'm in the process of filling every single entry...there were quite a few that weren't filled in. 

are u using the other addon mod TBCaptivityEventsExtension 0.2.2, my advice is not too, u'll get more problems later down the road just stick with this mod till that mod gets updated.

17 hours ago, Whizkid said:

I don't believe they populate as empty refers to default, please try hotfix 2 build that was created after this comment and it should work when you have everything empty "".

3 hours ago, BadListener said:

I don't believe they populate as empty refers to default, please try hotfix 2 build that was created after this comment and it should work when you have everything empty "".

thanks for that quick fix, it worked with default settings nice job even with the tb addon too.

23 minutes ago, BadListener said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b8e53af2038e5744f29b1dfe1566d67c.png

?

there seems to be another problem with duplicated png files, according to the LogFileFC.txt file, I rename the duplicates and everything works fine, not sure if this could be fixed as this error  "There was an error while parsing settings from "CaptivityEventsCustomEvents! Please contact MCM developers and the mod developer!" popup when initially it was working fine, its only after playing a while when this happened.

3 hours ago, Whizkid said:

there seems to be another problem with duplicated png files, according to the LogFileFC.txt file, I rename the duplicates and everything works fine, not sure if this could be fixed as this error  "There was an error while parsing settings from "CaptivityEventsCustomEvents! Please contact MCM developers and the mod developer!" popup when initially it was working fine, its only after playing a while when this happened.

update: is there any error check if there are missing png files, idk but the TB addon mod seems to be missing these png files information gathered from the mcm "Captivity Events Optional Events" tab, I when thru all the mouse overs that reported an image file name and these are missing.

TB_con_lord_explain.png
TB_slavery_bard_sandwich.png
TB_character_husband.png
TB_cock_plunge.png
TB_generic_meeting.png
TB_mutiny_fight.png
default.png

19 hours ago, BadListener said:
  Hide contents

image.png.b8e53af2038e5744f29b1dfe1566d67c.png

?

Forthcoming feature?  It would be cool if the player character got auto equipped with the shackles and collar when captured or enslaved and have to visit a blacksmith to have them removed.  And wearing those could trigger greater chances of captivity or enslavement.  Even among her own fellow lords, townspeople and villagers. 

On 1/27/2021 at 12:38 AM, Whizkid said:

update: is there any error check if there are missing png files, idk but the TB addon mod seems to be missing these png files information gathered from the mcm "Captivity Events Optional Events" tab, I when thru all the mouse overs that reported an image file name and these are missing.

TB_con_lord_explain.png
TB_slavery_bard_sandwich.png
TB_character_husband.png
TB_cock_plunge.png
TB_generic_meeting.png
TB_mutiny_fight.png
default.png

These are mostly just images that were removed at some point and the events not updated. I've updated the image behaviors so these should be replaced with more appropriate images in the next patch.