2 hours ago, transfer said:

That's right! Specifically the TBDefaultFemaleCaptiveEventsReplacer.xml is intended to replace some of the events in DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml, because there's unfortunately no clean way to replace the behavior of those events. I separated out the replacer events (that is, those events I had no way to write as anything other than replacers) into that specific file for that reason. 

In general when using my events I tend to play having removed the default captive female and slavery events, as many of mine are (intentionally) equivalent in order to try to maintain a relatively consistent art style during captive gameplay.

It's for this reason that the installation instructions for TBCaptivityEventsExtended mentions (but does not require) removing those files.

Yeah I read those instructions and got rid of those files as you suggested. I am apparently getting the duplicate error messages from DefaultCaptiveRequiredEvents.xml and DefaultWaitingMenus.xml. It's been over a decade since I coded but when I looked at the xml files and how these are created, I saw it is more or less a lot like writing html script. I just copied the list of duplicates down, went through all the files, found the lines that were duplicates, and decided which one I wanted between the two mods. As far as I can tell, seems to be working great now.

When I started reading the code, I had already gotten rid of the flailing because it happened so often. Then once I got rid of that prisoner escaping was triggering a couple times a day, so I just removed that too for now.

I appreciate you and Bad Listener taking the time to help me figure all that out. I'm still reading through the CEEventsModal.xsd to see how everything is triggered together and what all the code lines are that hook in. Hoping to maybe create a few practice ones by next week and then once I get the hang of it, throw some more into the mix.

By the way, just so you know, you have this at the top of the TBDefaultCaptiveEventsReplacer. Were you initially intending to include your own edited version of that xml file?

<!-- These events will only work if the altered DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale file from this mod is included -->

On 5/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, machete said:

Is it possible to get pregnant for female character by having sex with male prisoners lords?

I use SadSun's captor events and although the corresponding events have "ImpregnationRisk" nothing ever happens.

Based on the several bastards my poor female PC has from when she was imprisoned for several weeks, I've had this trigger many times.

*Edit* Did you check the Mod Menu and ensure that pregnancy is on?

3 hours ago, transfer said:

That's right! Specifically the TBDefaultFemaleCaptiveEventsReplacer.xml is intended to replace some of the events in DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml, because there's unfortunately no clean way to replace the behavior of those events. I separated out the replacer events (that is, those events I had no way to write as anything other than replacers) into that specific file for that reason. 

In general when using my events I tend to play having removed the default captive female and slavery events, as many of mine are (intentionally) equivalent in order to try to maintain a relatively consistent art style during captive gameplay.

It's for this reason that the installation instructions for TBCaptivityEventsExtended mentions (but does not require) removing those files.

Putting required events to different xmls.

1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

So https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/612 is a requirement also?

Edit: I tried replacing ModLib with MCM and now bannerlord crashes for me on startup. (This is with mods sorted by Fixed Launcher, which DCC install instructions ask me to use.)

It is not a requirement it just had a fix for old mods using old modlib library and crashing the new one for the new mods. 1.4.0.3 will crash when using MCM because MCM changes the mods settings file on mod load. would avoid for now or use 1.4.0.2

5 hours ago, Plaguetard said:

I certainly don't claim to be the mod master with Bannerlord so I'm not saying this is perfect. However I had the CTD on startup and it was an issue with the additional Beta Mod split up of MCM. I only use the main one now. Here is a picture of my Modules folder and the mod order I have. Hope it helps!

Reveal hidden contents
  • bannermods.JPGbannermods2.JPG

Well I didn't have the split version before today. Works for me so far though it wasn't listed as a beta version I don't think when I downloaded it.

7 minutes ago, MadCat256 said:

I didn't have the split version either, but I disabled MCM in my game and I was able to load with CE 1.4.0.3, so I can confirm that it was at least contributing to the crash.

Darn, I think I needed mcm for something. I'll have to look to find out what and if I can live without it. Ty for the info.

4 hours ago, Plaguetard said:

By the way, just so you know, you have this at the top of the TBDefaultCaptiveEventsReplacer. Were you initially intending to include your own edited version of that xml file?

<!-- These events will only work if the altered DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale file from this mod is included -->

Hah! Yes, nice catch. I'll have to go over my files after BadListener's next set of changes and do some more thorough testing around the duplicate event issues. Good news is the warnings shouldn't actually do anything other than mean those specific events will just use the original versions instead of mine, but it'd be better if they didn't appear at all.

4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

So https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/612 is a requirement also?

Edit: I tried replacing ModLib with MCM and now bannerlord crashes for me on startup. (This is with mods sorted by Fixed Launcher, which DCC install instructions ask me to use.)

1.3 ,modlib 1.4 ,mcm new update,everything ok until yesterday

now i am 1.41,crash in loading screen,wait for update/using 1.3

1 hour ago, transfer said:

Hah! Yes, nice catch. I'll have to go over my files after BadListener's next set of changes and do some more thorough testing around the duplicate event issues. Good news is the warnings shouldn't actually do anything other than mean those specific events will just use the original versions instead of mine, but it'd be better if they didn't appear at all.

It's fixed in this new updated version. I installed the full MCM and my game loaded up just fine now.

9 hours ago, Plaguetard said:

Based on the several bastards my poor female PC has from when she was imprisoned for several weeks, I've had this trigger many times.

*Edit* Did you check the Mod Menu and ensure that pregnancy is on?

Maybe my poor wording, but I meant the other way around. My female PC cannot seem to get pregnant from captured male lords.

Captor events are getting triggered, pregnancy is set but nothing happens.

But when my female PC is captive it works just fine.

2 hours ago, machete said:

Maybe my poor wording, but I meant the other way around. My female PC cannot seem to get pregnant from captured male lords.

Captor events are getting triggered, pregnancy is set but nothing happens.

But when my female PC is captive it works just fine.

don't know what events trigger but the author may not have included a pregnancy chance, or it's low.  But it should be possible as far as i know.  Personally i haven't messed with named characters in my events. but i believe it's a different piece of code to when you're captured. "ImpregnationRisk" for captured "ImpregnationHero" if you're the captor.  You could ctrl+f the event xml to check if it's there

1 hour ago, BadListener said:

Check xsd.

<!-- Gives XP and Gives Gold -->
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveXP"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveGold"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveCaptorGold"/>

is all i could find. but that' the RestrictedListOfConsequences, it's the actual "defining the amount" that doesn't work. or i can't find, or i'm doing it wrong 

Figured it'll be like the rest <GiveGold>some_ammount</GiveGold>  but the xmlLog tells me <Option> doesn't have this.  Don't know where else to put it.

29 minutes ago, B0ukensha said:

<!-- Gives XP and Gives Gold -->
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveXP"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveGold"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="GiveCaptorGold"/>

is all i could find. but that' the RestrictedListOfConsequences, it's the actual "defining the amount" that doesn't work. or i can't find, or i'm doing it wrong 

Figured it'll be like the rest <GiveGold>some_ammount</GiveGold>  but the xmlLog tells me <Option> doesn't have this.  Don't know where else to put it.

<!-- Changes Player gold make sure to couple it with GoldTotal flag -->
<xs:enumeration value="ChangeGold" />

<!-- Changes Captors gold make sure to couple it with CaptorGoldTotal flag -->
<xs:enumeration value="ChangeCaptorGold" />

<!-- New: Gold Specification Couple it with ChangeGold/ChangeCaptorGold -->
<xs:element ref="GoldTotal" minOccurs="0" />
<xs:element ref="CaptorGoldTotal" minOccurs="0" />
6 minutes ago, BadListener said:
                <!-- Changes Player gold make sure to couple it with GoldTotal flag -->
                <xs:enumeration value="ChangeGold" />
                <!-- Changes Captors gold make sure to couple it with CaptorGoldTotal flag -->
                <xs:enumeration value="ChangeCaptorGold" />

ok, clearly i don't know how to work an xsd file because i can't find that anywhere.  even ctrl+F'ing the whole thing doesn't find it.

So weirdly I’m now getting crashes on one save but not another when becoming captive. Even saves from the same character at different points.  Can’t find anything different about them in regards to load order. Save corruption must have occurred somewhere though.

34 minutes ago, MadCat256 said:

New game, captured a bandit. Notification pops up that a captor event is available. Clicking on the notification produces a crash, log below.

LogFileFC.txt 7.74 kB · 0 downloads

You have duplicate image files double check that you do not have any duplicates, next hotfix will fix any duplicates and just use the first loaded instead and notify the user.

image.png.053ca640d6717f35cdb3caa58e39c296.png

An item with the same key has already been added. : System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.OnSubModuleLoad()